Thanks for pushing up Gold prices... AGAIN

124»

Comments

• LaNeria - Sanctuary
    LaNeria - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i agree the chest are making everyone money hungry to get that 1 mill in there bank
    but to do that u need to spend 5 gold for a dam hammer, i would just buy the hammers and sell them...so annoying
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    if GMs starts to do zhen sales to lower the gold price the sellers will keep it at a high price so they can have more zhen sales

GMs can't do much to lower it but they managed to increase it even more (I say GMs cuz they said that but they probably got manipulated by the infamous devs)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfgore - Heavens Tear
    Wolfgore - Heavens Tear Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Long live the old good 100k/gold days! b:victoryb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    For example, if PWI decided tomorrow that $1 = 2 Gold, in-game Gold prices would drop because the supply of Gold would more than double instantly.
    no they wouldn't
    Of course they would. They'd probably go from ~165k here on Sanctuary to about ~160k.

Or did you think I meant they'd drop by half or something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Of course they would. They'd probably go from ~165k here on Sanctuary to about ~160k.

Or did you think I meant they'd drop by half or something?
    yes I did think that <_<

my bad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It's just foolish to say that the gold prices are set by the seller and the seller only. If the sellers all asked for 900k for 1 gold and no one bought what would happen? The sellers would lower the price until a medium is reached where the seller and buyer both agree on a price. So the buyer also has some power in this equation that cannot be forgotten.

It's different then a RL economy in that the seller controls the flow in which they purchase gold so if they choose not to they don't need to exceed their own personal needs if they don't want to. Also it's a currency that the seller is essentially printing as opposed to a true product. By this I mean that it's not like the seller is producing TVs and can only personally use so many of them so being left with extra stock in the Warehouse forces them to lower the price to move goods. In PWI picture like if you bought 10 mounts. You could only use 1 or 2 yourself so you'd need to make room in your bank and sell lower then you want. Since they're selling gold though it's different. The seller can consume teh gold in several ways themself or sell.

But what does this all boil down to (broken record)? For you kiddies who want to play along on the guessing game......supply and demand. There's no way around it. It doesn't matter if it's a RL economy or a gaming economy it is the foundation of commerce. It's like the rules of friggen gravity.

I think the only positive step the GMs have taken in trying to lower the Gold Price is to offer the zhen sales. Usually sellers will purchase more gold and increase the supply in the game. This would work, except for the fact that they continue to have these sales and new releases which spike demand. So they offset each other. If the GMs had a drought of Cash shop releases and sales AND had a zhen sale I think we'd see a decent drop in gold prices. The demand would be low because nothing new would come out, however the sellers would buy gold because it is a rare opportunity to get cheap gold so the supply would be high. If nothing new was coming out the sellers would just be sitting on their gold with no cash shop items to buy, but since they'd need coin for skills, gear, etc they would still have a need to sell gold. Since no one is interested AS MUCH in cash shop items (there will always be some interest) the price of gold will drop. PWI still wins because they don't care if you actually buy CS items. They make no money in that. The zhen sale though is what motivates the sellers and cash shop users to buy. That's how they make their money.

Plain and simple. Supply and demand. Argue all you want, but that would be the easiest and fastest way to "fix" the economy. Of don't do it. I'm a zhen buyer so high gold prices only benefit me. I'm just trying to suggest a solution where a happy medium is met.

I cant agree with all you said.

there are fine ideas, but you miss some points.

Some sellers Do buy gold with RL money, and sell it to you, me, others..

but some of those others buy those gold low and resell them higher prices.

and **** up the economy.

PWI would only allow "fresh" gold to be sold, and not the ones you bought and want to resell twice their price, we wouldnt be in the situation we are.

Some of the boutique objects make the economy run

and contrary to what most people think, its not the sales of mounts

they only do spikes in the cash incomes, and all the "kikitoudur" want to buy that glittery thing to try to resell it to you twice the price. like any common liberal economics sheep.

Do you change you car every other day ? do you buy the new one before having sold the old one?

do you really need to buy that new mount that does the same thing the old one does,but cost twice the price?

Does rarity of pixel is worth selling your kidney so your Epeen can think its the bigger in the game?

What does **** economics will do to the game?

- make virtual rich people even more richer

- once the prices will be too high, nobody will buy anything, so they ll begin to be less richer, but by then, the casual gamers that could have bought those things will have quit

- I m one of those people that regularly put RL money in game, over the last 9 mounths i ve put more money in here than i would have a P2P, in wich i would have had access to all the features, wich still isnt the case here.(One of those game opens on sept 20, and will drain many players)

we are stuck in the loop of liberal economics, you know, the kind of economics that **** the real world, where one morning you go to work and find you have been replaced, and the factory gone to some 3rd world nation where they pay 10 time less for the same work and sell the products twice the price to you.

A stable economy is one where you know that selling a product isnt going to be a problem, where people wont think twice before buying that product because the price is right, where you only do small financial income by piece, but since the price is small you sell by the thousands that product, and it doesnt stop after 2 3 4 days.. its a continuous flow of income.

Imagine PWi decides to lower the price of craft mats

imagine those new prices being the quarter of what it is now

you need to do your BH avery day

will you lose 2 hours trying to farm the mats? buying insane prices to other players? or just buy from the boutique cause the price would be right ?

imagine the income PWi would make every day

but that would only be possible in a perfect (Utopic ?) world.
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Nosidam - Sanctuary
    Nosidam - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Perhaps there is a cheaper class to play than a wizard.
    If you know the cheapest class, let me know, maybe I'll start a character of that class.
    This broken economy has put me in the whole.
    I've already forked out about $300 USD to get my character to where it's at.
    I refuse to pump more money in, just to see it get flushed down the toilet again.
    The insane price hikes over the past few weeks have taken their toll on my account.
    I've sold pretty much everything on every character in attempt to be able to afford to continue playing my main.

Today I went to a wraith attack, these r supposed to be the best for loot right?
    Every time I attacked one I had to click a Jiaozi and a Sesame (good bye 2k/mob).
    So I killed like 20 of them, and they ticked what little was left my HP charm a few times.
    I figure killing 20 of these wraith mobs cost me about 50k with the charm burn and repairs.
    What loot did I recover from the wraiths? 2 DQ items (totaling < 8k) and 20 piles of coin less than 200 each (totaling < 4k).
    Total gained from killing these wraiths? -38k

Ok, how about trying some quests... same thing, no... even worse! Much Worse!

If I go without charms or pots I'll spend 75% of my time sitting on the ground meditating.
    Or more likely, just die and go back to town, and die and go back to town.
    Oh yea, that's fun!

So the only way to get ahead seems to be to farm mats, also a very exciting endeavor.
    Come join perfect world where we farm mats all day because it costs too much to do anything else.
    Sounds fun, doesn't it?

I've spent the last few weeks selling everything in an attempt to continue being able to play.
    So now I have nothing left, and I can't afford to continue playing.
    I'm certainly not going to pull out my credit card to try to continue this losing battle.
    I could have played some other high priced pay-to-play online game for 2 years, for less than I've spent on PWI in the past 3 months.

b:surrenderb:cryb:beatup
  • Skyerlove - Heavens Tear
    Skyerlove - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hello, all. I have quit PWI for about 2 months now because I knew that this was going to happen. The problem with most games is that they have a lifespan, especiallly f2ps. The problem with f2p games is that GMs can have as many sales as they want to squeeze as much money out of you as possible before everyone quits. I'm not saying that PWI is dying, but I would assume a lot of casual players will leave for the game that cannot be named especially because of the current economy of PWI.

The reason why they're having so many sales is because of two reason. One of them I already mentioned, and the second being that the more money they make someone spend on this game, the less likely they will leave it for another.

I have about 60mill in PWI in cash and about 25mill worth of items. I only bought 10 dollars worth of zen. How I made all that money is simple. Let's take for example, dragon orbs. About 3 months ago there was a dragon orb sale 50% off. Although, the price of zen went up to meet the sale, I waited 2 weeks and managed to make a huge profit.

This of course, does not work anymore since the same sale happens like almost every two weeks now LOL.

We can't tell people to simply stop buying gold because we know they won't. Why save the economy when you can make a huge profit?

Btw: people should stop buying those limited mounts, the ONLY mount I've seen go up in price after the sale is the BOA. But of course, now it's back. LOL
    IF THIS IS A HOUSE OF PANCAKES, WHY CAN'T I EAT THE WALLS?
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    (as a gold seller) no offense but the prices are set by the gold sellers. we are technically givin u the stuff for free
    -_- . plz stop QQ about this

Erm...so u'r saying it's alright for every non-cash shopper to be at the mercy of every1 that buy's zhen? What's the point of a f2p game then ? Every1 could just pay a low monthly fee for a p2p game and have a good costumer support too. Are you zhen buyers gonna give us that? Ofc u'r not , and u'r not giving any1 stuff for free,it take's time to get in-game money too and for allot if not every1 time mean's money IRL,they just choose to spend in other ways.

It didn't start like this,lots of ppl that have reached high lvl probably wouldn't even have started playing PWI if they knew it would've end up like this,changing things all of a sudden is BS.

PWI is making their own players quit,I know friends who weren't even thinking of quitting some weeks ago,yet as more and more sales occur they've lost hope,got frustrated and just plan on giving up on PWI despite the fact that they wanted to keep playing it,it's becoming too hard to afford playing.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Perhaps there is a cheaper class to play than a wizard.
    If you know the cheapest class, let me know, maybe I'll start a character of that class.
    This broken economy has put me in the whole.
    I've already forked out about $300 USD to get my character to where it's at.
    I refuse to pump more money in, just to see it get flushed down the toilet again.
    The insane price hikes over the past few weeks have taken their toll on my account.
    I've sold pretty much everything on every character in attempt to be able to afford to continue playing my main.

Today I went to a wraith attack, these r supposed to be the best for loot right?
    Every time I attacked one I had to click a Jiaozi and a Sesame (good bye 2k/mob).
    So I killed like 20 of them, and they ticked what little was left my HP charm a few times.
    I figure killing 20 of these wraith mobs cost me about 50k with the charm burn and repairs.
    What loot did I recover from the wraiths? 2 DQ items (totaling < 8k) and 20 piles of coin less than 200 each (totaling < 4k).
    Total gained from killing these wraiths? -38k

Ok, how about trying some quests... same thing, no... even worse! Much Worse!

If I go without charms or pots I'll spend 75% of my time sitting on the ground meditating.
    Or more likely, just die and go back to town, and die and go back to town.
    Oh yea, that's fun!

So the only way to get ahead seems to be to farm mats, also a very exciting endeavor.
    Come join perfect world where we farm mats all day because it costs too much to do anything else.
    Sounds fun, doesn't it?

I've spent the last few weeks selling everything in an attempt to continue being able to play.
    So now I have nothing left, and I can't afford to continue playing.
    I'm certainly not going to pull out my credit card to try to continue this losing battle.
    I could have played some other high priced pay-to-play online game for 2 years, for less than I've spent on PWI in the past 3 months.

Quoted from truth.

I wasted my money on this game too, and I am forced to farm mats to survive and get "medium gear". All the money I can get is to my main that is this Barb. I farm each day some hours... and after all this months farming I am not even able to afford flawless citrines for all my gear. Besides drop rate its very bad, in this 7 months playing PWI I got 0 Molds. The regular mobs drop miserable coins and sometimes DQ. The money we receive from quests its too low.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
    edited August 2009
    I wasted my money on this game too, and I am forced to farm mats to survive and get "medium gear". All the money I can get is to my main that is this Barb. I farm each day some hours... and after all this months farming I am not even able to afford flawless citrines for all my gear.
    Besides farming, there's also playing the markets. For example, buy 1 Gold at ~165k, then convert them to 500 Fireworks to sell for 1k each for a profit of ~335k.

The reason most people don't play the markets is because there's no instant gratification, and you can't speed up your income. But if you're patient and re-invest rather than spend your profits you end up with more money than you know what to do with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Besides farming, there's also playing the markets. For example, buy 1 Gold at ~165k, then convert them to 500 Fireworks to sell for 1k each for a profit of ~335k.

-Not a good idea to follow to the letter. (what if 10 people on your server decide to do this now?). I've come across many poorly priced items and 6-7m at times for buying something for 100-200k. -You can get screwed doing this though, like when Steppenwolfs, and Misty Forests took a dive.

XP without coin, or costing coin can be a trap. WQ, CS BH, etc.. Not really that much faster XP, but cost a lot to do.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited August 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    -Not a good idea to follow to the letter. (what if 10 people on your server decide to do this now?).
    I'm estimating there's about 15 people selling fireworks full-time on Sanctuary, but they still sell really quick. It's a medium-profit, low-risk item that's easy to maintain a supply, and easy to sell.

The weird thing is that even if you tell people exactly, "hey, I'm buying this here and selling it there for X profit", they almost never believe you. On the rare occasions competition actually does arrive there are lots of other opportunities elsewhere, however.
    tweakz wrote: »
    I've come across many poorly priced items and 6-7m at times for buying something for 100-200k. -You can get screwed doing this though, like when Steppenwolfs, and Misty Forests took a dive.
    True, the big-ticket items market is pretty risky. I too have gotten screwed many times. I tend to stick with the low-risk, bulk merchandise markets instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Quoted from truth.

I wasted my money on this game too, and I am forced to farm mats to survive and get "medium gear". All the money I can get is to my main that is this Barb. I farm each day some hours... and after all this months farming I am not even able to afford flawless citrines for all my gear. Besides drop rate its very bad, in this 7 months playing PWI I got 0 Molds. The regular mobs drop miserable coins and sometimes DQ. The money we receive from quests its too low.

In the past week, 5/6 molds have dropped in parties I've been in. It's completely random. And it's not like I do 9204382098 FBs, because I really hate instances and don't even do my BH unless I really want to level. It's purely random >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited August 2009

The reason most people don't play the markets is because there's no instant gratification, and you can't speed up your income. But if you're patient and re-invest rather than spend your profits you end up with more money than you know what to do with.

I have played the market already. when gold was cheap I made level 1 tomes for around 500K and then I sell then in the AH for 750K, I was getting around 200K per tome I was selling. Somedays I manage to get 1 million just from resseling^^ (yep doing nothing). I had almost 20 millions in that time, misty rings were expensive. I wasted 7 million in one ring, and after 2 weeks BOOOOM misty rings drops from 7 millions to 2,5 millionsb:angry. I wasted more 5,5 mil in Cape of tauran (lucky they are still expenive). the rest of money I invested in my gear/skills and jolly jones event. I am still waiting to jolly event stuff raise a bit more so I can get a nice profit to finish buying my gear and refining it. After that... Farm again.

edit. Aidi I saw lots of molds dropping to. In other people Fbs with I have to deliver to the tabber. And sometimes in my BH quests too. But I always have that luck, if someone winne an Fb for BH it drops mold (this happened very times). When is my turn to wine the molds just dont drop at all.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    edit. Aidi I saw lots of molds dropping to. In other people Fbs with I have to deliver to the tabber. And sometimes in my BH quests too. But I always have that luck, if someone winne an Fb for BH it drops mold (this happened very times). When is my turn to wine the molds just dont drop at all.

Yeah, most of the time I didn't get anything, twice it was FBs above my level so I didn't get exp but they got the drops.. In the end only one of the molds went to me XD But still, they did drop b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    In the past week, 5/6 molds have dropped in parties I've been in. It's completely random. And it's not like I do 9204382098 FBs, because I really hate instances and don't even do my BH unless I really want to level. It's purely random >_>

yep

With the BH mold drops have greatly increased (even though i thought otherwise, the game proved me wrong) ... and their prices have taken a dive ;)
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I checked the AH recently. The mold section is PACKED! I've never seen so many at once before.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Quoted from truth.

I sure hope you mean flawless gems in your 9x gear. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Your hatred should be toward those one million gold chests.
    Why? They set a max price on gold, not a minimum.

o.o No. Because Iron hammers are only 1 item; supply (what is in the boutique) is much larger than just that one item, and demand (what we want to buy) is by no means limited to just one item worth 1million coins.

Boxes will loosely tie gold price to somewhere around 190-200k/1gold, but this is a minimum not a maximum. Maximum gold price is still (and was always) directly controlled by the supply of gold on the server.

Want to help gold prices? Go wash your neighbor's cars & buy your own gold.

b:bye
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Boxes will loosely tie gold price to somewhere around 190-200k/1gold, but this is a minimum not a maximum. Maximum gold price is still (and was always) directly controlled by the supply of gold on the server.

Want to help gold prices? Go wash your neighbor's cars & buy your own gold.

b:bye

If they are minimum, how do you explain gold selling at 188K right now with the high demend due to orb sales? that is less than your stated minimum.... and only 2 days ago SELL orders were at 160k (got to buy quite a bit of gold preparing for the weekend sale) also less than your minimum..... And lets not even go into the BUY orders..... Those were at 150ksih... Non-Binding Ceilings are not the same as Maximun prices, and what you are describing is also not a minimun price, since gold is being sold for less than it, which invalidates the claim of minimum price.

On the how to help gold prices. Right on the mark...
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If they are minimum, how do you explain gold selling at 188K right now with the high demend due to orb sales? that is less than your stated minimum.... and only 2 days ago SELL orders were at 160k (got to buy quite a bit of gold preparing for the weekend sale) also less than your minimum..... And lets not even go into the BUY orders..... Those were at 150ksih... Non-Binding Ceilings are not the same as Maximun prices, and what you are describing is also not a minimun price, since gold is being sold for less than it, which invalidates the claim of minimum price.

On the how to help gold prices. Right on the mark...

"loosely tie..." loose as in +/- with variables... take me on more tt runs pretty please ice?

b:kiss
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    "loosely tie..." loose as in +/- with variables

b:kiss

eheh b:kiss
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Faithera - Dreamweaver
    Faithera - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    LOL! I guess it looks better from my side, since I use my gold to buy PW coins.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    please try not to necro threads that have been inactive for more than a month, if you see a thread about something you want to talk about feel free to post a new thread b:victory
This discussion has been closed.