Gouf... epic glitch?

Options
2»

Comments

• leyend
    leyend Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    weird...i tanked gouf several times, n gouf is so weak -.- , with a barb 40 n cleric lvl 40 is required for tank it only...may be u dont have p def idk...n gouf dont have aoe , what are u talking about? what boss was really? with jewel may be,i trust u if is jewel, but gouf? xD ,dont make me laught
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    5 clerics???Hahahahahaha

Sorry but thats pretty dang funny

5 clerics aaaahahahahahaa
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    guys, stop laughing at the 5 clerics fact, you were noob once too, and, yes, it took a full vit bm with like 3 clerics to tank mine when i was noob.

well, about your case, idk what happened, maybe another mob?? its the only thing i can think of, if you want ill tank it for you if youre in my server.

just my 2 cents
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    If you take multiple hits in a very short time it will not register as multiple hits it will register as a single hit.

If a mob hits for 500, and you have three of these mobs on you, and they all hit you at the exact same time, it's very common for it to show 1500 damage.

This phenomenon will also occur on a single mob if you have lag.
  • Prowler - Heavens Tear
    Prowler - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    so, i was tanking gouf, aurox chief (the lvl 50 world boss for lvl 39 culti)

then again, this could be an example of gouf's aoe... which i've only seen once before, and wiped an entire party of 6x+ players with one shot

When did they add an AOE to Gouf?

To quote OP,
    i call bull****
    --
    Prowler (Venomancer) on Heaven's Tear

Former Leader of QuestSeek: International level 3 faction.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    When did they add an AOE to Gouf?

To quote OP, .

probably confused Gouf with Viriddis
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Of course, mobs can crit if my golem can crit also.. imo b:chuckle
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Mobs crit? huh in all my time AoE grinding, never noticed
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    there are no "crits" just a wierd range of damage

drummer can hit me from 3k to near 9k with his magic attack but it's purely random
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nederlandse
    nederlandse Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    a few points:

world boss = any boss in the persistent world, sorry for confusion, but that's how i see it

gouf's aoe = explain how an entire party of 6x+ players got wiped simultaneously, with no help from outside mobs... sorry, he has an aoe, which i've only seen him use once (twice, if that's what happened here)

5 clerics = i wanted to make sure, simple as that. i cant afford heiros yet, and i know from experience that gouf hits hard as hell, so didnt want to take chances

other mobs joining in = no, sorry, there were no other mobs around, i lured gouf away from all of them, like any smart person should

lag = i dont get lag on my second connection, never have, never will

confusing bosses = -facepalm- my barb might be 4x, but you honestly think it's my only character, when i've been around since the east coast servers launched, and play 8-12 hours a day, every day? dont make me laugh.. lol

pdef/build/stats = when i did this, i was lvl 39, pure vit tanker build, most of my equips were 2star with 2-3 sockets (with hp shards at equip lvl) at my level, i have all the tanker skills maxed to level, and yes, i know have to tank (isnt my first rolled tanker lol)

sorry to burst your bubbles, but something was way off on this, and i'd do it again, if i could re-create the party how it was, to see if it was a glitch/anomaly...

anyways, could a mod/GM lock this please? the thread is starting to degrade into a haven for trolling/flaming b:thanks

l\led, Level 4x Barbarian, Dreamweaver
    b:sad Had to leave his home in Kinetic b:sad
    (that's lower-case "L" btw)
    I love all these people who look at my level
    and assume I'm some nub that doesn't know
    what he's talking about... Sorry, I've been
    around since the East Coast servers launched.
    b:chuckle
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    lmao... levels 45- shouldnt even try to tank gouf.

I saw 2 Bms level 5x and one barb level 4x trying to kill gouf... it was a nice triple fail, I could help but a lesson should be learn when figthing bosses without cleric xD

now at level 39 with 4K and 5 clerics... its possible to tank yes (its just a waste of clerics), but you know lots of clerics means some of then will try to DD as well, and I think you died for that^^
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It wasn't Gouf cuz he cannot AOE

this thread stinks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    anyways, could a mod/GM lock this please? the thread is starting to degrade into a haven for trolling/flaming b:thanks
    It's not that people are looking to troll/flame, it's that you've already decided upon your conclusion. So when people point out there are plenty of perfectly likely reasons for what happened, you assume they are attacking you.

Even though I wasn't there, two of your statements pretty much tell me what's going on:
    gouf's aoe = explain how an entire party of 6x+ players got wiped simultaneously, with no help from outside mobs... sorry, he has an aoe, which i've only seen him use once (twice, if that's what happened here)
    lag = i dont get lag on my second connection, never have, never will

In the first quote you claim gouf has a power nobody else has ever seen but you. Um... OK? Honestly, what do you expect people to say/think about somebody who makes this kind of claim?

In the second quote you make it clear that you, unlike the rest of us, have a magical internet connection that is completely immune to lag, not just in the past, but in the future as well. Um... OK?

So my conclusion from reading this is that you can't be swayed. You have your beliefs, and nothing anybody will ever say will convince you otherwise, because you'll just dismiss it outright.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    this thread stinks

I agree: it's ****. I like ****, but not this one.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You prob got owned by jewel, lol.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • nederlandse
    nederlandse Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    again i ask... as the original poster... can this please be locked...

as to all those who persist to reply after i've already dropped the subject and asked for the topic to be dropped... get a life and move on...

l\led, Level 4x Barbarian, Dreamweaver
    b:sad Had to leave his home in Kinetic b:sad
    (that's lower-case "L" btw)
    I love all these people who look at my level
    and assume I'm some nub that doesn't know
    what he's talking about... Sorry, I've been
    around since the East Coast servers launched.
    b:chuckle
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    again i ask... as the original poster... can this please be locked...

as to all those who persist to reply after i've already dropped the subject and asked for the topic to be dropped... get a life and move on...

Typing to self?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    See, there you go again. You have a personal need to determine when everybody else has to stop talking. But I do admire the fact that you decided to take a parting shot. At least you're consistent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • ahhao
    ahhao Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    me thinks someone can't stand the heat
    edited August 2009
    Options
    *facepalm*