Thanks for pushing up Gold prices... AGAIN

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm talking about my real character, I don't get GM stuffs on that! b:cry

Oh, yeah...forgot about that.
    Yeah, it's better that way because the game actually presents a challenge. If you walked around all the time in GM mode the game is boring.

Yeah...it is. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm talking about my real character, I don't get GM stuffs on that! b:cry

What's your real character? I must pk him...b:faint
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Now that I would honestly pay to see. No disrespect, you seem nice enough, just the thought of a GM getting slagged by a normal player in PVP is quite funny. b:chuckle
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    What's your real character? I must pk him...b:faint

you should do a search on my comments regarding PVP in PWI some time. I'm not going to repeat them b:chuckle
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    b:surrender

I wanna PK teh spoons...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Vezz - Heavens Tear
    Vezz - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, it's better that way because the game actually presents a challenge. If you walked around all the time in GM mode the game is boring.
    The concern is not how easy/hard the game is. It's the GM ( sales decision ) which drastically change the established game environment in a negative way. The gold is now worth more coins. Therefor the amount of effort you had planned to get a mount(any item from gold) by farming coins is now re-increased because the GM introduced a sales/events which driven the price of gold really high.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The concern is not how easy/hard the game is. It's the GM ( sales decision ) which drastically change the established game environment in a negative way. The gold is now worth more coins. Therefor the amount of effort you had planned to get a mount(any item from gold) by farming coins is now re-increased because the GM introduced a sales/events which driven the price of gold really high.

Of course, however the price of the mounts has been reduced. If you want to take advantage of the price reduction, you can do 2 things:
    1. Charge zen and buy the mounts for gold. Price reduction is nice and it will let you buy more stuff now.
    2. Grind away and be thankful that there is at least the option in game for you to buy those mounts with coins.... (your price reduction is actualy 100%, since you not spending any of your money for the mount, only your in-game coins)
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • iwannashoop
    iwannashoop Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    NONONONO the answer is for 1 noble power seller to make the way
    only one or how about a Guild ? what if a guild of 30 buy 30 gold each.all 30 AH at the norm prices. restoring old prices over powering by a large amount of gold sell all the other sellers. so the prices would have no other options but to drop or the other sellers wont sell untill they match the power selling guild Gold prices or sell even a lower price

That's what i call a easy solution! TO BAD HUBBY LOST JOB or i would run this economic fight!

and leave me alone with my typos i dont care what you have to say if you dont like it go fly a kite or something!

That is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard. There's no way I am wasting my hard earned money like that. I hope gold prices increase! Then I can sell my RL money in the AH and become a virtual millionaire! mwahahaha!
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    2. Grind away and be thankful that there is at least the option in game for you to buy those mounts with coins.... (your price reduction is actualy 100%, since you not spending any of your money for the mount, only your in-game coins)

Buying gold with coin isn't some special privilege the devs have sacrificed their profit for. Grateful for what? They sell more gold that way as it encourages players to buy gold to make ingame coin in AH.
    Any other mmo I've played, even if you can't buy gold direct, it was ridiculously easy to obtain boutique items with coin. Lets face it, if they made boutique items cash shop only and untradeable, most of their player base would quit.
    That is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard. There's no way I am wasting my hard earned money like that. I hope gold prices increase! Then I can sell my RL money in the AH and become a virtual millionaire! mwahahaha!

There you have it. The reason there will always be inflation. Even if the sensible players try to fix the economy, we'll always have idiots like this inflating it.
    Gratz, real life money to be rich in a virtual game. Well, you definitely have a life, oh yes. -.-
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Actually, I've played an MMO where not only can you not trade cash shop items, you can give them as gifts, but trading them for ingame currency is strictly forbotten, but also the items from the cash shop only last for three months. You buy a dragon pet? Super, it'll follow you for three months, and then revert to a doll, and you'll have to pay more cash to buy the water of life and revive it. Bought a kickbutt outfit? Again three months, then it vanishes and you have to buy it again. That game is one of the most well known free to play MMO games on the net.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Buying gold with coin isn't some special privilege the devs have sacrificed their profit for. Grateful for what? They sell more gold that way as it encourages players to buy gold to make ingame coin in AH.
    Any other mmo I've played, even if you can't buy gold direct, it was ridiculously easy to obtain boutique items with coin. Lets face it, if they made boutique items cash shop only and untradeable, most of their player base would quit.

There you have it. The reason there will always be inflation. Even if the sensible players try to fix the economy, we'll always have idiots like this inflating it.
    Gratz, real life money to be rich in a virtual game. Well, you definitely have a life, oh yes. -.-

You can buy items in-game as well. What sets PW aside is the in-game gold auction, and that is a privilege, since they did not have to do it, and still be very popular by allowing most items to be traded in-game.
    In this game it is ridiculously easy to get cash shop items in-game. Most games usualy have a series of very powerful items that are available in cash shop only, and bind to the buyer. Not in PWI.

You see, the problem is not people wanting to sell gold at high prices, the problem is people actualy wanting to buy the gold at those high prices.

Once and for all, stop blamming the sellers, and put the blame where it resides, on the shoulders of the buyers. People that refuse to use RL money to buy gold, and instead grind for 14 hours a day, than are willing to pay extra to get that gold now, instead of waiting a day or two. The sellers will only meet the price that the buyer is willing to buy the gold at. And if the seller does not want to sell, than there is no effect, as long as the buyer also refuses to buy for higher prices. If the buyer wants to pay more, ofcourse the seller will glady sell for more.

If someone comes to you and asks if you want to buy a perfect Citrine for 1mill, will you say sure, or will you argue with him that it is too low of a price, and give him extra money?
    If someone comes to you and asks if you want to buy a rough citrine for 1million, are you going to buy it? The buyer has all the power with the in-game economy.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    No like,
    No buy.
    No work,
    No gain.

This whole thread reminds me of this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2002/nov/24/health.healthandwellbeing

fat pple blaming and sueing mcdonalds for the fat choices they made >>;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You can buy items in-game as well. What sets PW aside is the in-game gold auction, and that is a privilege, since they did not have to do it, and still be very popular by allowing most items to be traded in-game.

i disagree privilege? hardly, its a game feature which probably attracts 50% of its players base.

i know, that 90% of all players 80+ who dont spend rl money would quit if this was removed or wasnt here. ESPECIALLY on the pvp server, PWI would be pretty much dead, because of the ridiculous 1$-1 gold price
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Is it true that on..... a different version , gold charms cost roughly 40 cents each?
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Is it true that on..... a different version MY-EN, gold charms cost roughly 40 cents each?

Versions for different countries have different prices. They also have lower costs to run the game.
  • Amehlea - Sanctuary
    Amehlea - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    No offense, but it's funny how everyone suggests that people spend their real life money to help the rest of the players get CS items cheaper then immediately follow it with something like "well I would myself, but.......<insert excuse>"

I'm calling BS here. I'll assume you're the kind that sits there and says "Sell me Gold Charm for 400k. Please. Why not. I want a charm. Sell to me for 400k. It's all I have......" on a server where it goes cheapest at 500k-550k. CS players spend RL money for their own enjoyment. Not for other random strangers. Sorry to say it, but that's how the world works. If you feel so strongly about it by all means go out and start buying cars and selling them far below the market value. I'm in the market for a new ride and I'd like to have your efforts subsidize my purchase.

Seriously. It's not up to the players to bring down the price of gold. They are following economic trends set in place long before any of us were even born. It's up to the game devs and GMs to monitor the game and make sure it's healthy.

**** you bifg time jerk i know you are refering to me mu husband di losse his job befor he lost he jobs we used to charge zen here and there so bite me you meanie greedy bug
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    **** you bifg time jerk i know you are refering to me mu husband di losse his job befor he lost he jobs we used to charge zen here and there so bite me you meanie greedy bug

...I can't tell whether or not I'm being trolled...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009

ahahahhahahahah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Afternoon on DW 8/19
    gold_19-8-09a.jpg

2 minutes ago (peak time for gold prices)
    gold_19-8-09b.jpg

Still not seeing those massive price increases.

Screenshots of prices from a week ago, and yesterday here.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    In this game it is ridiculously easy to get cash shop items in-game. Most games usualy have a series of very powerful items that are available in cash shop only, and bind to the buyer. Not in PWI.

You see, the problem is not people wanting to sell gold at high prices, the problem is people actualy wanting to buy the gold at those high prices.

Once and for all, stop blamming the sellers, and put the blame where it resides, on the shoulders of the buyers. People that refuse to use RL money to buy gold, and instead grind for 14 hours a day, than are willing to pay extra to get that gold now, instead of waiting a day or two. The sellers will only meet the price that the buyer is willing to buy the gold at. And if the seller does not want to sell, than there is no effect, as long as the buyer also refuses to buy for higher prices. If the buyer wants to pay more, ofcourse the seller will glady sell for more.

If someone comes to you and asks if you want to buy a perfect Citrine for 1mill, will you say sure, or will you argue with him that it is too low of a price, and give him extra money?
    If someone comes to you and asks if you want to buy a rough citrine for 1million, are you going to buy it? The buyer has all the power with the in-game economy.

I can give you 3 fairly popular games off the top of my head that allow cash shop items and currency trading,pw aren't being nice by allowing it,its good buisness sense...and its nothing new.

And it isn't as simple as the buyers fault for gold price,you saying the gm's constant fiddling in the pricing of ingame items and availabilities,constant sales,attempted price fixing(which worked very well at keeping gold on the high end)has nothing to do with gold prices?Wise up.

Its annoying and ignorant when you people keep reverting to your old "oh its all on the buyer they can push gold down if they want too"
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I can give you 3 fairly popular games off the top of my head that allow cash shop items and currency trading,pw aren't being nice by allowing it,its good buisness sense...and its nothing new.

And it isn't as simple as the buyers fault for gold price,you saying the gm's constant fiddling in the pricing of ingame items and availabilities,constant sales,attempted price fixing(which worked very well at keeping gold on the high end)has nothing to do with gold prices?Wise up.

Its annoying and ignorant when you people keep reverting to your old "oh its all on the buyer they can push gold down if they want too"

it actually is the players lemme refer to wat i posted in a previous forum

(as a gold seller) no offense but the prices are set by the gold sellers. we are technically givin u the stuff for free
    -_- . plz stop QQ about this. if u want to lower gold prices buy some gold and sell it for lower prices. or as u said NOT to say u can buy gold with a ZHEN CARD of 10-20 dollars. there are multiple ways to charge zhen.
    to just finish this. the prices are set by the players(as quoted by a GM in a earlier thread) not by the sales but the players(end of story. it gets annoying to hear people QQ about prices of gold when they are gettin it for free

AND
    Use real money or stop complaining.

Even the ability to sell gold in this game is a privilege, not a right.

^^ this says it all^^ (in another thread)(similar to jazmin's response)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    just a question, isnt it this way?

gold existance= ppl sell it to get easy money

gold prices go up= ppl sell the half gold for the same money = they need to buy less gold

gold prices keep going up= ppl dont need to buy as much gold anymore cus they get more money per gold

so, gold prices is inverse relationed with quantity of gold bough??

umm maybe im wrong but that makes sense for ME

EDIT: if you want gold prices down, dont buy till its down, done, you just been part of the ECONOMY
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    EDIT: if you want gold prices down, dont buy till its down, done, you just been part of the ECONOMY

QFT...hey basic economics 101.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    No offense, but it's funny how everyone suggests that people spend their real life money to help the rest of the players get CS items cheaper then immediately follow it with something like "well I would myself, but.......<insert excuse>"

I'm calling BS here. I'll assume you're the kind that sits there and says "Sell me Gold Charm for 400k. Please. Why not. I want a charm. Sell to me for 400k. It's all I have......" on a server where it goes cheapest at 500k-550k. CS players spend RL money for their own enjoyment. Not for other random strangers. Sorry to say it, but that's how the world works. If you feel so strongly about it by all means go out and start buying cars and selling them far below the market value. I'm in the market for a new ride and I'd like to have your efforts subsidize my purchase.

Seriously. It's not up to the players to bring down the price of gold. They are following economic trends set in place long before any of us were even born. It's up to the game devs and GMs to monitor the game and make sure it's healthy.

Yeah I been getting whispered by a few to sell my wings for cheap and they cost me 50 gold.I would say there needs to a hold on big ticket items and stick to clothing and dye sales.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver
    Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm impressed PWI... I had a perspective when I initiated this post... but reading the myriad responses... I can't help but think you've done an amazing job of creating a robust, relatively controllable virtual/real economy :)

well done :)
  • Noggin - Dreamweaver
    Noggin - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The price will never drop, you are never going to get enough buyers refusing to pay 180K....

The 1 million coin boxes set a kind of elastic minimum of 200K per gold. As gold drops below 200K demand increases as coin boxes go into profit. By 180K demand soaks up all supply. So if you want gold for other things you need to offer more than the cubers do, which is why we see prices over 200K and never too far below.
  • Pannelo - Heavens Tear
    Pannelo - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'm not sure why people have such a hard problem with Gold Prices. First of all, gold (for most) is a luxury and not a necessity for playing the game. You might not have the latest flashiest mounts/flyers/clothes but give it a few weeks until the next ones get released in the boutique and people are falling over themselves to get rid of the old stuff to get the new stuff. It is easy to get a bargain for just a few weeks wait.

The cube coin boxes will always keep the prices high. Perfect Hammers cost 5 gold (if irc, i only ever bought 2 before so don't flame me.) When gold is at 200k each it means buying the hammer to open the box makes them no profit. Just because they don't make a profit it doesn't mean they stop doing cube or delete them, they save them or try and sell them. Say gold prices drop to 180k, they buy a hammer to open the box which turns in 100k profit for nothing and they will keep buying them until it no longer is profitable (200k gold.)

Throw in there the need for PWI to make money with some mounts, flyers, clothes and charms and this pushes prices back up. So in short, if you see gold at 180k, buy it if you can afford it. Once it hits 200k wait to see if it drops to 180k. If PWI have some impressive things in Boutique then give gold a wide birth.

In short, theres nothing we can do about it until something changes and we all know what that needs to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Lag? What lag?
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    (as a gold seller) no offense but the prices are set by the gold sellers. we are technically givin u the stuff for free
    -_- . plz stop QQ about this.
    As a Gold buyer, I agree with this sentiment. The Gold sellers deserve every virtual penny they get, because they are spending real-life money while I'm just spending what are essentially just some points I scored in a video game.

For all the talk of greed, I notice most people won't admit their own greed. It's just as greedy to want a lower price for what you're buying as it is to want a higher price for what you're selling.

to just finish this. the prices are set by the players(as quoted by a GM in a earlier thread) not by the sales but the players(end of story.
    Well, yes and no. Players have influence over the prices, but PWI can change rules that will also influence those prices. Arguing that only one particular party is solely responsible is just over-simplifying things.

For example, if PWI decided tomorrow that $1 = 2 Gold, in-game Gold prices would drop because the supply of Gold would more than double instantly.

By contrast, the coin boxes were a new rule that created more demand, and hence Gold prices rose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    As a Gold buyer, I agree with this sentiment. The Gold sellers deserve every virtual penny they get, because they are spending real-life money while I'm just spending what are essentially just some points I scored in a video game.

For all the talk of greed, I notice most people won't admit their own greed. It's just as greedy to want a lower price for what you're buying as it is to want a higher price for what you're selling.

Well, yes and no. Players have influence over the prices, but PWI can change rules that will also influence those prices. Arguing that only one particular party is solely responsible is just over-simplifying things.

For example, if PWI decided tomorrow that $1 = 2 Gold, in-game Gold prices would drop because the supply of Gold would more than double instantly.

By contrast, the coin boxes were a new rule that created more demand, and hence Gold prices rose.
    no they wouldn't
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It's just foolish to say that the gold prices are set by the seller and the seller only. If the sellers all asked for 900k for 1 gold and no one bought what would happen? The sellers would lower the price until a medium is reached where the seller and buyer both agree on a price. So the buyer also has some power in this equation that cannot be forgotten.

It's different then a RL economy in that the seller controls the flow in which they purchase gold so if they choose not to they don't need to exceed their own personal needs if they don't want to. Also it's a currency that the seller is essentially printing as opposed to a true product. By this I mean that it's not like the seller is producing TVs and can only personally use so many of them so being left with extra stock in the Warehouse forces them to lower the price to move goods. In PWI picture like if you bought 10 mounts. You could only use 1 or 2 yourself so you'd need to make room in your bank and sell lower then you want. Since they're selling gold though it's different. The seller can consume teh gold in several ways themself or sell.

But what does this all boil down to (broken record)? For you kiddies who want to play along on the guessing game......supply and demand. There's no way around it. It doesn't matter if it's a RL economy or a gaming economy it is the foundation of commerce. It's like the rules of friggen gravity.

I think the only positive step the GMs have taken in trying to lower the Gold Price is to offer the zhen sales. Usually sellers will purchase more gold and increase the supply in the game. This would work, except for the fact that they continue to have these sales and new releases which spike demand. So they offset each other. If the GMs had a drought of Cash shop releases and sales AND had a zhen sale I think we'd see a decent drop in gold prices. The demand would be low because nothing new would come out, however the sellers would buy gold because it is a rare opportunity to get cheap gold so the supply would be high. If nothing new was coming out the sellers would just be sitting on their gold with no cash shop items to buy, but since they'd need coin for skills, gear, etc they would still have a need to sell gold. Since no one is interested AS MUCH in cash shop items (there will always be some interest) the price of gold will drop. PWI still wins because they don't care if you actually buy CS items. They make no money in that. The zhen sale though is what motivates the sellers and cash shop users to buy. That's how they make their money.

Plain and simple. Supply and demand. Argue all you want, but that would be the easiest and fastest way to "fix" the economy. Of don't do it. I'm a zhen buyer so high gold prices only benefit me. I'm just trying to suggest a solution where a happy medium is met.
This discussion has been closed.