Thanks for pushing up Gold prices... AGAIN

Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver
Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
edited October 2009 in General Discussion
JUST when I thought gold was beginning to show some reasonable settling after the insane 220k+ it went to a couple of weeks back...

You go and put on a sale + new mounts... and guess what!??!!? gold back up over 200k!!!

Rediculous... wasn't bringing in Jolly meant to leech the market of money so that Gold was brought back down to a manageable trade?

or will inflation be inevitable with Gold at 300k+ before long??
Post edited by Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I don't think gold will ever go below 200kea.

EVER
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Bah prices need to hit 200k on Sanc i wanna make some monies :D
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    dbl posting rocks.
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Get a job! b:victory b:bye
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Umm... wtf, are you the same person that was going on in WC (ironically, using telecoustic's to do so) about gold being 240k earlier? When that person did it, I took a look at gold, the highest buy was 175k, the lowest sell was 195k, and the highest sell was 215k. Looking at it now the prices are, 177.5k for the highest buy, 204k for the lowest sell, and 230k for the highest sell and this is right after a sale (not even a good sale, this is less than last weeks) was announced so demand will be at its peak. This did nothing to gold prices other than raise it by a very small amount.

If they wanted to make gold prices spike, they would have done something like put out the 3.2/6.2 flying mounts again (Razor Sting, and whatever the other two are). I think you've forgotten what prices were in just one short week (and remember, economies change slowly... going down further would take time), let me refresh your memory:

8/12
    gold_12-8-09.jpg
    8/19
    gold_19-8-09.jpg
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It's ok apparently they don't understand the AH. Gold has not gone anywhere but down.

/Thread
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    So the prices haven't gone up that much. Good to know, that means my dream of owning a Daevas is that much closer. b:victory
  • Viriilink - Lost City
    Viriilink - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Your hatred should be toward those one million gold chests.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Why? They set a max price on gold, not a minimum.
  • Yaoshi - Harshlands
    Yaoshi - Harshlands Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    GM just want money lol this few month they bring alot thing to the cash shop b:victory u poor u fail b:angry they want u to cash shop more b:surrender
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hopefully they'll stop this sale spamming once game-who-must-not-be-named comes out. They're trying to make as much as they can before they lose a chunk of the older 'customers' to it.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    sad <.<

hy witch btw xD
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary
    BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hopefully they'll stop this sale spamming once game-who-must-not-be-named comes out. They're trying to make as much as they can before they lose a chunk of the older 'customers' to it.

i was thinking the same thing a week ago... now that this "game" is coming out... pw is trying to make as much money as they can before a large chunk of ppl move to it.... i do also think sales will stop after that though =p
    [SIGPIC]i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp237/DoT_Ending/Sigs/Evilcopy.png[/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Why? They set a max price on gold, not a minimum.

They also create a heavy demand for Perfect Iron Hammers. Which require boutique gold to purchase. Which creates an increased demand for boutique gold. And we all know what increased demand means....
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    It makes the minimum higher, however it's still a max that the 196k/gold (200k if buying yourself) sets. And since gold is going down from a rather high minimum, it will continue to drop. You probably won't see 120k again, but you wouldn't see that anyways as servers age and they do things like Jolly which increases the coin on the server.
  • Cal - Harshlands
    Cal - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Let me spell it out of all of you.

when demand xceeds supply. prices go high. When the supply xceeds demand, prices come down.

In nooobie terms, igonre gold prices. Stop buying gold. In time they will fall to 120k or lesser. ITs only the noobie who care about the gold prices and keep trying to buy the gold for such huge prices that fuel the economy.

If someone sets 190k for selling gold, let it be. Only buy gold for 120k. IF the ppl takes a determination for that and the max buyer stays at 120k then the sellers will naturally sell it at 120k if they wanna ever sell it. Its the ppl who dance to these sellers and increase their buy price so much causing the gold prices to go high.

noone else.

SO QUIT BUYING GOLD.
    By the power of the alt lord ....
    I am ALT-MAN b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    SO QUIT BUYING GOLD.

That only works if everyone stops buying it.

They won't.

I know I won't. When I have the coins and there's something in the cash shop I want, I pay the auction house price.
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There's actually four different ways for that to play out you know. One is that the sellers eventually cave and lower their prices, two is that the buyers eventually cave and buy at the current prices, three is that neither party caves and it ends in a stalemate, and four the sellers decide to just keep the gold for themselves and tell everyone else to go to heck, resulting in little to no gold being sold, and due to the demand greatly exceeding the supply, the price of gold becomes higher than ever.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Seriously, do you think someone who is going to move to another game in a few weeks, will invest money in PW? I doubt it.

I think these sales are mostly targetting new players, and older players who plan to continue playing this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think the sales and releases are timed to coincide with the Summer Vacation ending.

Once the kids go back to School / College the number of players grinding during the day and generating coin will drop. Reducing the money (coin)supply.

If they also start to trim back the Cash shop releases and sales, the reduction in money supply will coincide with reduction in demand for Gold and things will stay somewhat around the same exchange rate.
  • yoites
    yoites Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Please gm , u need to do something for this , before that high price of gold, was jolly old , and the gold was cost 150k each , and the mount sale , now there are new flyng mount and the gold touch 200k.
    This is really ridicolous , in my life on pwi the gold before the event was 105k .
    so cannot go on
  • Amehlea - Sanctuary
    Amehlea - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Let me spell it out of all of you.

when demand xceeds supply. prices go high. When the supply xceeds demand, prices come down.

In nooobie terms, igonre gold prices. Stop buying gold. In time they will fall to 120k or lesser. ITs only the noobie who care about the gold prices and keep trying to buy the gold for such huge prices that fuel the economy.

If someone sets 190k for selling gold, let it be. Only buy gold for 120k. IF the ppl takes a determination for that and the max buyer stays at 120k then the sellers will naturally sell it at 120k if they wanna ever sell it. Its the ppl who dance to these sellers and increase their buy price so much causing the gold prices to go high.

noone else.

SO QUIT BUYING GOLD.

I been saying this and spaming this in wc and trade chat. why dont anyone ever listen, mabey the Players with the most impressions on players should start owning up to theyr role model roles and show the example and mabey just mabey the mindless sheeps will finaly follow in the same path.
    There's actually four different ways for that to play out you know. One is that the sellers eventually cave and lower their prices, two is that the buyers eventually cave and buy at the current prices, three is that neither party caves and it ends in a stalemate, and four the sellers decide to just keep the gold for themselves and tell everyone else to go to heck, resulting in little to no gold being sold, and due to the demand greatly exceeding the supply, the price of gold becomes higher than ever.

NONONONO the answer is for 1 noble power seller to make the way
    only one or how about a Guild ? what if a guild of 30 buy 30 gold each.all 30 AH at the norm prices. restoring old prices over powering by a large amount of gold sell all the other sellers. so the prices would have no other options but to drop or the other sellers wont sell untill they match the power selling guild Gold prices or sell even a lower price

That's what i call a easy solution! TO BAD HUBBY LOST JOB or i would run this economic fight!

and leave me alone with my typos i dont care what you have to say if you dont like it go fly a kite or something!
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Everyone here should watch spice and wolf or read the novels and Learn2Economics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Very clever indeed PW....

Putting a few new mounts in creates an instant demand, everyone wants the new item...that much is obvious....

But lowering the price of all the old mounts in one shot =o Nice! Now anyone hoping to sell of their old mount to buy a new one (quite a lot of people indeed) is left with a drastically reduced item that no one's gonna pay as much for....and as well as that, in the middle of a crazy gold inflation you created where buying gold with coin now costs a great deal....

There's only one alternative...

Pay PW real money.

And in the meantime, sit back and tell everyone "hey! sale on mounts! omfg bbq!!1 Cuz we <3 you guyz and we r totally innocent! There's no way we haz a highly intelligent marketing team working out subtle profit making strategies leik this!.... Oh no >:)"

genius b:victory
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I been saying this and spaming this in wc and trade chat. why dont anyone ever listen, mabey the Players with the most impressions on players should start owning up to theyr role model roles and show the example and mabey just mabey the mindless sheeps will finaly follow in the same path.

NONONONO the answer is for 1 noble power seller to make the way
    only one or how about a Guild ? what if a guild of 30 buy 30 gold each.all 30 AH at the norm prices. restoring old prices over powering by a large amount of gold sell all the other sellers. so the prices would have no other options but to drop or the other sellers wont sell untill they match the power selling guild Gold prices or sell even a lower price

That's what i call a easy solution! TO BAD HUBBY LOST JOB or i would run this economic fight!

and leave me alone with my typos i dont care what you have to say if you dont like it go fly a kite or something!

There's a great flaw in your plan. A few, actually. Firstly, where would these 30 people get that 30 gold each? You're talking about 900 gold here. Surely that won't just appear from the thin air. So are you suggesting that these 30 people pay the higher price and resell for lower? Well, that would just benefit the people selling at the higher prices.

Or do you really suggest that 30 people spend money on zen and try to save the gold market? Good job trying to find people that altruistic. After all, all the people who buy gold with zen will always want profit from it, the bigger the better.

And hey, even if you did this, those higher sellers could just buy the gold themselves. Certainly a lot of those gold sellers belong to the top guilds on the server, and those guilds are making upwards of some hundreds of millions.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Amehlea - Sanctuary
    Amehlea - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There's a great flaw in your plan. A few, actually. Firstly, where would these 30 people get that 30 gold each? You're talking about 900 gold here. Surely that won't just appear from the thin air. So are you suggesting that these 30 people pay the higher price and resell for lower? Well, that would just benefit the people selling at the higher prices.

Or do you really suggest that 30 people spend money on zen and try to save the gold market? Good job trying to find people that altruistic. After all, all the people who buy gold with zen will always want profit from it, the bigger the better.

And hey, even if you did this, those higher sellers could just buy the gold themselves. Certainly a lot of those gold sellers belong to the top guilds on the server, and those guilds are making upwards of one billion coin a week from TW land.

True and yahh i sudgest they buy Zen not Ah Gold there is a problem greedy bugs who are willing to even make a solution fail and runin the game for the rest so realy GMS the final solutions is to make a cap of the sells and the number you can sell Oh and dont forget to Make TW reset :)
  • yoites
    yoites Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    tyvm gm -.-"
  • Noggin - Dreamweaver
    Noggin - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I would be interested to see if zen sales have increased since the changes, I bet they have. Never have I seen gold trading as busy.

This week I didn't hesitate to replace 10-15 hours of grinding for coin (probably longer seeing how easily distracted I am) with a quick $10 purchase. I probably would not have done so at 120k-140k per gold. So PW makes a sale they would not have done before the changes. I wonder how many other people are buying zen that were not before?
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lol, don't buy anything from cashshop unless it's consumable. Anything you buy will drop in value drastically when the next sale comes, as has been proven time and again.b:chuckle
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Players set the coin price for gold.(supply and demand)

PWI sets the $ price for gold. ($1 = 1 gold) it hasn't changed. (well except for sales b:chuckle)

It's pretty simple.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.