No more luring with genies?

Options
2»

Comments

• Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    if you only use your genie for pulling, then you don't really need one. I use mine as anti bleed, holy path kiting, tree of protection and extreme poison. godly pvp genie is godly b:dirty

Don't PvP so bleed doesn't affect me (though HolyPath is nice) and Extreme Poison when I'm solo tanking something and spamhealing... So I do use it, but my main reason was the pulling - made it so much easier for me.

Yes, Tame is good to pull too, but at 1200 mana and 25 second cooldown not as efficient as genie.
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I can confirm this. I just tried Earthflame in fb19, and it lured fine.

Can someone confirm/refute this in a higher lvl dungeon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I have a infliction genie and in the fb89 my genie would single pull before the last patch. My husband barb has a zeal genie and he can single pull with that genie. That is using the original spell thing the genie comes with.
  • darkjagans
    darkjagans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Can someone confirm/refute this in a higher lvl dungeon?

Just tried a Zeal with Earthflame in FB51, seems to work
  • WraitHunter - Dreamweaver
    WraitHunter - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    On topic i just did 3fb69 and i was the one that always lured the mobs around the pyro boss and the 2 bosses.All worked as smooth as ever.
  • Death - Harshlands
    Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    boo4u wrote: »
    well they still pull..just now it aggros mobs around it lol..well kinda good for a bm/barb pulling in aoe grind and keeping aggro while running and pulling more into the cogs of death!!!!

Umm.... if you aggro a group, then it's not really pulling. You might as well just run straight into them. :P

Pulling would be to pull one mob from a group. Aggroing a whole group may not sound that bad, but if you're farming for pages in heaven/hell or hh it can be pretty costly.
  • Xgrinch - Dreamweaver
    Xgrinch - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Earthflame does lure in FB-s. (I don't think that is something we should be hiding from GM-s).
    I think that venos are awesome and that they rock. But sometimes it is just faster to pull a mage mob on myself and deal with it with a veno joining in.
    Or those pesky wood poison mobs that just won't let go of you - easier for me to tank them.
    Some would say that healing spells are unfair to clerics. And I would be the first to disagree.
    I hope nobody from GM goes to an extreme measure with "bringing selected classes back to a status quo ante" like no luring, no healing with genies.
  • SnuglyZero - Sanctuary
    SnuglyZero - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    eruption fist aggros whole group now ;___; just tried it on stormhorn
  • WraitHunter - Dreamweaver
    WraitHunter - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I just finished a few mins ago tt2-2 and i lured the dog boss just fine and with no problems.
  • Kusider - Heavens Tear
    Kusider - Heavens Tear Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I have to say, this friggen sucks.

Who could have possibly wanted this? How is it benefiting anyone in any way?
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Just a confirmation, the Zeal genie's starter skill "Earthflame" still does work (had to make a new genie ><). It costs 100 energy and 200 stamina though, so thats only 100 lures with 100s wait time in between. I'd really like instead to lure with my normal genie instead (1.8 energy/second recovery rate and 800k stamina). Had I known that the luring skills would be changed, I would not have dumped in so much stamina into my normal genie ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cottman
    cottman Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Just a confirmation, the Zeal genie's starter skill "Earthflame" still does work (had to make a new genie ><). It costs 100 energy and 200 stamina though, so thats only 100 lures with 100s wait time in between. I'd really like instead to lure with my normal genie instead (1.8 energy/second recovery rate and 800k stamina). Had I known that the luring skills would be changed, I would not have dumped in so much stamina into my normal genie ><

If this is true, it is the death sentence of all non zeals. We are talking about the arguably most important genie skill is limited to only one type.
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    cottman wrote: »
    If this is true, it is the death sentence of all non zeals. We are talking about the arguably most important genie skill is limited to only one type.

This is likely an oversight. They'll probably disable that too in the next patch.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    This is likely an oversight. They'll probably disable that too in the next patch.

But not before lots of people buy new genies and pump their exp/sp into them lol
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    cottman wrote: »

When did genie is used SOLELY for luring?
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ilystah wrote: »

It's considered a glitch, one that they are now fixing.
  • Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear
    Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Technically, this was a bug, a glitch is a single unrepeatable occurrence (damn beta testing!) . And this bug was liked enough and used widely enough that it should have gotten it's back end coding fixed and rolled out as a feature.

It's kind of aggravating that only a veno would have any chance of soloing some instances. And people who say only venos should do instances and people should buy from them are missing the point of video games entirely.b:angry
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ....when did gm said genie luring is a glitch? I don't read all posts in forum...so I might missed it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cottman
    cottman Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ilystah wrote: »

That was never the case. You can down play the importance of luring however you want. But here is the bottom line: Zeal can lure and can do everything else. Non Zeal can't lure.

BTW, I don't care if they fix it or not. I just hope an answer about what they will do, so that I decide whether to invest in a zeal.