[Poll] What is the hardest class? =D

13»

Comments

• Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Because EVERYONE IS AFK at bosses in TT anyway. 99% if the time everyone is using a macros and goes to watch TV for 5 min, they really wont notice if the boss is amped and the barb wont bish about chi either b/c hes afk to using a bite-macro b:surrender

b:cry Why didnt I think of a bite macro, the whole time I been playing barb I never left screen while tanking HH, world boss, or anything else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The Red statement is so true. Any noob can play a veno. You can just send your pet in and if the situation gets too tough, you can run while your pet buys you time.
    Playing a veno is like playing Mozart. It's some of the easiest classical music to play, but it's also some of the hardest music to play well. That's why world-class piano competitions regularly feature technically challenging works by Tchaikovsky, Chopin, Beethoven, Liszt, Prokofiev, Rachmaninov, ... and technically easy works by Mozart.

Or put another way, it's like Go. Anyone can learn how to play it in a few minutes, but its complexity surpasses even chess. The best algorithmic computer chess programs have beaten chess grandmasters, but the best algorithmic computer go programs can only beat about half of amateur players.

The veno just has so many more viable options when fighting compared to the other classes. Mostly due to the pet, but also due to the dichotomy of caster vs. fox (melee) form, and the multitude of debuffs. Yes you can play a cookie-cutter send pet in, nuke, and heal veno. But start to explore some of the other options at the veno's disposal and the class has a depth and complexity to it that the other classes lack IMHO.
  • iwannashoop
    iwannashoop Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    recess. everyone's always picking on me.
  • deadwizard00
    deadwizard00 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    guys i was reading about what is the hardest class to play well in Pwi grinding is a big thing to fill in the exp in between quests and making coins the old fashion way not buying gold and selling it actually grinding to farm spirit and coins a cleric cant do that efficiently unless you have a friend

so i would have to say overall cleric is the hardest because is very group dependant you have a choice either level your heals or you dd's my cleric is at level 40 and im always grouped with my buddy Bm

my wizard is lev 19 so far i had no problems

and again this is my opinion on the overall function of the game..
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    guys i was reading about what is the hardest class to play well in Pwi grinding is a big thing to fill in the exp in between quests and making coins the old fashion way not buying gold and selling it actually grinding to farm spirit and coins a cleric cant do that efficiently unless you have a friend

so i would have to say overall cleric is the hardest because is very group dependant you have a choice either level your heals or you dd's my cleric is at level 40 and im always grouped with my buddy Bm

my wizard is lev 19 so far i had no problems

and again this is my opinion on the overall function of the game..

i don't see anything hard on playing a cleric o.o
    self buffs, self heal
    try flying to npcs and pick up herbs for mp pots, u wont need to buy anymore mp pots and you wont have to pay for teleporting
    i can solo all my minibosses as good as veno can while other classes have to run around till their self heal, pots and apo pots cooldown stops
    plume shot and cyclon(many ppl dun even find it usefull to max them till lvl 60-70) is all u need at start, lvl up those and rest sp spend on IH then on res and then on buffs(might lvl up p.def buff faster for urself tho). never buy herbs from other players, if u rly wanna buy then buy sezames, they will cost 350 coins instead of 3-5k u would spend on herbs to make pots with same effect. invested myself 500k on those and prolly will run out of them only at lvl 70 or so
    and clerics r no way dependant on groups, i prefer grind solo than with ppl who doesn't touch their pots because they have cleric in party(u get more exp if both ppl in party r attacking, not 1 person attacking and other person healing)
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    easyest = cleric, veno, archer

i vote.....wizard
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hmmm.

Veno is easiest to play. Duh. No competition. (Play well is harder, yes.)

Hardest. Barbs and Clerics can ALWAYS find a group. And anyway, if a barb dies it's the cleric's fault :)

It probably should be cleric, but the existence of the bubbles and that one single heal is all you need 99% of the time makes that not very challenging either.

So, on to the other classes. Blademasters are a bit like veno's - not great at anything, but good enough at everything. Don't seem that challenging.

The glass cannons then. Archers and Wizards. And the difference is... archers have light armour, wizards have spells to give them armour. Huh.

I'd have to say archers. Wizards seem to get some late-game love.
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It probably should be cleric, but the existence of the bubbles and that one single heal is all you need 99% of the time makes that not very challenging either.

If somebody uses only "that one single heal" (99% as you said), the DDs die pretty quickly when they steal aggro. That happens quite often. => We have to use the instant heal too. (wellspring surge)
    Not to mention that higher level instances and bosses force us to use Purify often between heals and those purifications have to be really well-timed.

... and the list continues: debuffing, buffing, reviving in the middle of a battle, save our own butt, etc, etc...

Btw leveling a cleric is easy. Heals, panic-skills, decent attacks, etc..
  • Gooseyness - Sanctuary
    Gooseyness - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I never played as a wiz, but it looks very difficult. Second choice would be a barb.

Easiest class is Veno, u can do things with your eyes shut practically.
  • Faildom - Harshlands
    Faildom - Harshlands Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Play every class without hp and mp charms then you can say anything about it.

Wizard obviously.
    Cleric comes next though

No class is hard to play with charms and event pots.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i dont see why people think wizard is hard. Wizard has been one of the easiest class to play PVE wise for me, PVP it is not so easy against range phy attack and veno pets, but any class melee can forget about it ..a wiz can run circles around them.

When it comes to veno's i cant say its the easiest.. sure at a low lvl it may seem so dam easy to all the people bad mouthing the class, but thats not the case forever. Its definitely not the hardest.

Clerics has the hardest job of all in squad. Solo they are really easy.

Archers, BMs, Barbs.. easy i dont think they even justify a comment. These are the classes people pick because they become easy to pvp with.

all in all every class is pretty darn easy in this game and doesn't require much thought to figure it out.
    So i'll go with clerics that solo heal full squads as the hardest class.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Wizard is by far the most difficult class. It is one of the few that actually takes a thought process and strategy with everything you do. I have played all the classes and wiz definately is the hardest. I would say if you look at a graph the wiz would look like a bell curve shifted to the right in terms of leveling and difficulty ratio.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Most ppl probably say Wiz is the hardest, but it depends what the class is doing AND if the players team-/squadmates know how to employ/cooperate with the class. And that again is the reason why the wizards are seen as the class that is hardest to play with: Wizard is the most underestimated class. I guess wiz is one of the rarest class played in pwi, what partially explains why wiz is seen as hard to play.
    Generally the knowledge of how another class works makes up the picture of a class being seen as hard to play or not. b:bye
  • Elviratram - Dreamweaver
    Elviratram - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I can't see what's so hard about about Wizards. I just started the game a few days ago which means I've got pretty much no money to buy equipment or any of that other fancy stuff but, so far at level 18, it really doesn't seem bad. I only get hit by melee monsters if I'm feeling lazy and most fights are over in a short 4 hits.

Maybe everyone's talking about PvP? Or maybe it suddenly gets much harder? But I can't imagine that anything would pop up that couldn't be handled with the better spells you get as you level.
  • Antaury - Dreamweaver
    Antaury - Dreamweaver Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I can't see what's so hard about about Wizards. I just started the game a few days ago which means I've got pretty much no money to buy equipment or any of that other fancy stuff but, so far at level 18, it really doesn't seem bad. I only get hit by melee monsters if I'm feeling lazy and most fights are over in a short 4 hits.

Maybe everyone's talking about PvP? Or maybe it suddenly gets much harder? But I can't imagine that anything would pop up that couldn't be handled with the better spells you get as you level.

about everthing, wizard is a pain.
  • GideonBG - Dreamweaver
    GideonBG - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    my brother is a wizard and I am a barb..

at the beginning of the game being a wizard is crazy hard because you suck and keep dying to like everything..

later on wizards become easy since they get good spells that own monsters..

I would say the hardest class is cleric.. I have never played though.. so I am guessing

What? Cleric? Are you kidding me! Clerics are so good they can kill a mob before it gets close enough to attack them !!!! I voted for archer. Tryed playing it but after level 12 it got hard for me... probably because I don't understand the class....
    Semper Fidelis

The things that will destroy us: politics without principle, pleasure without conscience, wealth without work, knowledge without character, business without morality, science without humanity and worship without sacrifice.

- Mahatma Gandhi
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    BM is the hardest to play because it has the most room to mess up and there is no good advice anywhere. Cleric, archer, barb, and even wizzie you can follow fairly simple advice and make PvE simple. It may not be your play-style, but those classes are simple to play. I don't know veno from personal experience (I can't stand pets), so I don't offer an opinion on them.
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    who resurrected this? Sorry to the folks who have been contributing recently. Before yesterday this thread had been dead for more than 2 months b:shocked
This discussion has been closed.