[Poll] What is the hardest class? =D

Options
CeliaZ - Sanctuary
CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Chronicles
So me and my archer friend were talking about this just now, and we thought like 'what is the hardest class?'. I voted wizards, she said archers, well let's here your opinion about this!

BTW this is not a contest... dont vote for barb because you are a barb. Just vote on the class you found the hardest to play, or you think that is the hardest to play.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by CeliaZ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver
    Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    my brother is a wizard and I am a barb..

at the beginning of the game being a wizard is crazy hard because you suck and keep dying to like everything..

later on wizards become easy since they get good spells that own monsters..

I would say the hardest class is cleric.. I have never played though.. so I am guessing
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wizard

PITA to level
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    try playing a veno in TT, having to freakin tank the boss, while juggling healing your stupid herc, switching in and out of fox form to ampify damage on it, keeping ironwood scarab pdef debuff on it, and DDing :).

try playing a veno in rebirth gamma, repeat above jobs, adding in purge for bosses to remove buffs, minus tanking. also having to spam your AOEs, and collecting a buttload of beans quickly so your party can get buffed on time, and that ALL RELIES ON U ONOES.

in later levels, youre stuck solo leveling, you dont get those fancy AOE parties, maybe the occasional FB. its just 1 monster... after another... slow as dirt...

yeah "o herc and phoenix are OP" no they arent, try doing all above mentioned things and tell me how fun it was trying
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Inexperienced Player: All of them.
    Medium Player: Wizard
    Experienced Player: None
    Back.
  • Jertor - Sanctuary
    Jertor - Sanctuary Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    my brother is a wizard and I am a barb..

at the beginning of the game being a wizard is crazy hard because you suck and keep dying to like everything..

later on wizards become easy since they get good spells that own monsters..

I would say the hardest class is cleric.. I have never played though.. so I am guessing

umm no cleirc is super easy
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    try playing a veno in TT, having to freakin tank the boss, while juggling healing your stupid herc, switching in and out of fox form to ampify damage on it, keeping ironwood scarab pdef debuff on it, and DDing :).

try playing a veno in rebirth gamma, repeat above jobs, adding in purge for bosses to remove buffs, minus tanking. also having to spam your AOEs, and collecting a buttload of beans quickly so your party can get buffed on time, and that ALL RELIES ON U ONOES.

in later levels, youre stuck solo leveling, you dont get those fancy AOE parties, maybe the occasional FB. its just 1 monster... after another... slow as dirt...

yeah "o herc and phoenix are OP" no they arent, try doing all above mentioned things and tell me how fun it was trying

Sorry, but being a veno myself, I gotta say, Veno is easy as cheese to play.
    Tanking boss in TT? I just keep my finger on Heal Pet button in Squad mode. Time consuming but definitely not hard. Solo mode, super easy. Throw amp dmg in between your attacks. A Veno's job in Gamma is super easy too. Your herc can kill mobs while you dig chests. After you finish collecting beans, you just DD with the rest and throw amp dmg whenever possible. Again, super easy. Solo leveling in later levels might have some merit but with a phoenix, I can usually two three shot a single mob my level. I'm a lvl 84 veno BTW. You can also AoE train with a Herc. Although not as well or as fast as a BM but it's doable.
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Tanking boss in TT? I just keep my finger on Heal Pet button in Squad mode. Time consuming but definitely not hard. Solo mode, super easy. Throw amp dmg in between your attacks. A Veno's job in Gamma is super easy too. Your herc can kill mobs while you dig chests. After you finish collecting beans, you just DD with the rest and throw amp dmg whenever possible. Again, super easy. Solo leveling in later levels might have some merit but with a phoenix, I can usually two three shot a single mob my level. I'm a lvl 84 veno BTW. You can also AoE train with a Herc. Although not as well or as fast as a BM but it's doable.

Blind basically sum it up. Also Tear you chose to do TT solo...no one force you to..therefore you chose the hard way instead of easy way. I'm sure it will be twice as hard for other classes to do TT solo. As far as I know, veno job in TT is equally as easy as every other class. Barb got their tank, veno lure, cleric heal, others just DD. You can't just say that your class is hard to play just because you chose the hard way to play your class. I got a veno lvl 54..not high enough...but it's easy as pie to play with even w/o herc or phoenix. I voted for wizard...poor wizards.b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BigPunisher - Sanctuary
    BigPunisher - Sanctuary Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I think this question needs to be more specific.

Hardest in term of what?

Leveling: barb is the hardest level class because they are so slow.

Stay alive: wiz would probably have a hard time staying alive. Wiz also suck because no way in hell I would bring them to TT2-3 with me because they die too easy.

Running: Cleric is suck at running... so slow
    edited May 2009
    Options
    well thats what a venomancer is, -the solo class-, not the "bring to a party because theyre useful to have around" class. I perform to the extent of my abilities alone, and dont need a party to get **** done :P.ive been soloing my FB's, and TT for a good while now, and Id say the money is nice, but the thought I did it myself is nicer.

its not as if any idiot can roll a veno and know how to use it like pie. theyre not as easy as people think they are. takes skill to use one properly. if any thing BM is the easiest class, any idiot with a charm can press buttons to AOE level
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well, you say that now. b:chuckle

Wait until you have to fight Ancient Evil in TT2-3. b:shocked
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well, you say that now. b:chuckle

Wait until you have to fight Ancient Evil in TT2-3. b:shocked
    or i skip him and buy the mats off friends in nef :D
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Talking about buying devil mats off Nef members, I'm soo pissed today.

I was selling 4 ancient devil horns. They each supposed to be at least 700k, I mistyped it for 70k. b:cry

And killing ancient evil is a pain too. b:surrender

Soo poor now.

Wish that I'm a veno like Tearvalerin b:sad
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    well thats what a venomancer is, -the solo class-, not the "bring to a party because theyre useful to have around" class. I perform to the extent of my abilities alone, and dont need a party to get **** done :P.ive been soloing my FB's, and TT for a good while now, and Id say the money is nice, but the thought I did it myself is nicer.

its not as if any idiot can roll a veno and know how to use it like pie. theyre not as easy as people think they are. takes skill to use one properly. if any thing BM is the easiest class, any idiot with a charm can press buttons to AOE level

If an idiot can't play a veno, then they sure as hell can't play a wiz. There's no way you can say veno's are the hardest because you have to as you say, tank, amp, heal, purge all at the same time in HH (solo I'm guessing). Oh noes! HH solo is so hard! No other class can even solo HH until they're like 10-20 levels above it...
  • Mr_jingle - Sanctuary
    Mr_jingle - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I never really played an archer or a blademaster but I can say that the wizard is toughest thanks to the ridiculously low HP. I almost always used a life powder or the other powders just to stay alive and conserve potions.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    There's no way you can say veno's are the hardest because you have to as you say, tank, amp, heal, purge all at the same time in HH (solo I'm guessing). Oh noes! HH solo is so hard! No other class can even solo HH until they're like 10-20 levels above it...

soloing squad mode, not freakin solo mode >_>; come solo astralwalker with your own veno, and come tell me how easy it was :) i dont see how a wizard can be that hard, stone barrier + LA + charm = no dying wizard :| although mines only 6x i dont have a problem with it yet
  • Voices - Lost City
    Voices - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wizard is the class with the steepest learning curve that I've played (Human class is pretty difficult in general).

Veno is the class that was most difficult to keep playing because it simply wasn't challenging. Barb was also difficult to keep playing because I only saw one future from leveling it.
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    soloing squad mode, not freakin solo mode >_>; come solo astralwalker with your own veno, and come tell me how easy it was :) i dont see how a wizard can be that hard, stone barrier + LA + charm = no dying wizard :| although mines only 6x i dont have a problem with it yet

The point is no other class can solo squad mode. It's so hard for them, it's basically impossible. Therefore veno = easier.

And veno does = easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

On a solo lvl probably wizzy you might need to be a bit more careful.

Squad wise I would think cleric has a harder situation because you not only have to look after your own HP, but wipe 5 other pples butts as well, stats AND HP constantly, add to that sleeping mobs, debuffing, and timing your cures so you dont take first hate if theres a mass link. Also keeping a constant watch on possible cure members due to the 'cure lag' that happens. Unless we are doing BB or RB this is probably the class that you just cant take your eyes off the screen for even a min. without properly notifying the whole squad. We are the BABYSITTER class. I find it easier doing a melee/tank job cause its only you and the mobs around you that you have to take care off. Cleric gotta keep watch of yourself, other pple, the mobs around you, chat and radar, all at the same time.
    It seems easy, 'All you gotta do is press the cure button!'. If some pple cant even keep watch of the chat log (aka move your eyeball 2mm to the left screen and not dart out into a ball of mobs alone) then I dont think how in the world they think they can take care of everything else that appears on the whole of the screen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

So what? Just because you want to, or are will to, take three times as long to do something doesn't mean it's "super easy" to play the class correctly.

I can play a barb by simply auto-attacking everything. It's super easy, but it isn't the best way to play the class.

I can play a bm by simply auto-attacking everything. It's super easy, but it isn't the best way to play the class.

I can play a venomancer by simply using heavy armor, same level axes, and auto-attack everything. It's super easy, but it isn't the best way to play the class.

I can do all of those things, and take longer to kill mobs than if I played the class to it's fullest. Standing there spam healing because you're too lazy to do anything else, like many venos I've run into, doesn't mean the class is "super easy" when played using the skills it's been given.

This is not a hard game to play, by any stretch of the imagination, but to make the claim something is "super easy" because all you want to do is spam heal a herc doesn't mean that someone who actually knows what the hell the are doing is going to agree it's "super easy". IMHO, there are far too many venos out there who's idea of playing the class is to sit back while the pet kills the mob because they probably believe their job is to simply keep the pet healed.
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    So what? Just because you want to, or are will to, take three times as long to do something doesn't mean it's "super easy" to play the class correctly.

I can play a barb by simply auto-attacking everything. It's super easy, but it isn't the best way to play the class.

I can play a bm by simply auto-attacking everything. It's super easy, but it isn't the best way to play the class.

I can play a venomancer by simply using heavy armor, same level axes, and auto-attack everything. It's super easy, but it isn't the best way to play the class.

I can do all of those things, and take longer to kill mobs than if I played the class to it's fullest. Standing there spam healing because you're too lazy to do anything else, like many venos I've run into, doesn't mean the class is "super easy" when played using the skills it's been given.

This is not a hard game to play, by any stretch of the imagination, but to make the claim something is "super easy" because all you want to do is spam heal a herc doesn't mean that someone who actually knows what the hell the are doing is going to agree it's "super easy". IMHO, there are far too many venos out there who's idea of playing the class is to sit back while the pet kills the mob because they probably believe their job is to simply keep the pet healed.

Learn to read. Spam healing a Herc is required most of the time when you're soloing Squad Mode TTs. Who the heck would spam heal a herc when killing regular mobs?
  • Kytari - Heavens Tear
    Kytari - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The point is no other class can solo squad mode. It's so hard for them, it's basically impossible. Therefore veno = easier.

And veno does = easier.

Just want to say something here at this statement.

Just because you can solo something does not make it EASY.

Ok? it is time consuming, risky, and you can possibly end up wasting your time if say you attempt to solo something and you get killed. If there is no one around to rez you you are screwed.

So Veno does not = easy. I'll tell you what though Veno = Lucky. They are lucky they are able to do it. But the fact that they can does not make it any easier.

Care to argue that statement?
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hardest to lvl I assume (since it's a sanctuary poster):

Before 60: Cleric, costs a lot, can't do much dmg and gets butt ****. Wizards are pretty hard too, but they can prioritize dmg spells and do pretty well, while clerics have to lvl heals, buffs and

60+: neither, all classes can zhen and lure, archers, wizards and clerics are always needed, so they are a little easier, but the otehr 3 classes can lure with mount.

As long as clerics have BM friends, aoe grind is possible though, so clerics are not really hard IF you have a BM friend that can aoe (not sure what lvl bms get to spam aoe skills).
    Venos are always easy as solo, so they are never hardest to lvl.

Wizards can aoe with clerics pretty easily due to multiple aoe skills, they just need to find the right mobs.

Archers can both solo and aoe, so archers...not a hard class to lvl.

Barbs can solo aoe, but aren't great at it, and they can aoe with a cleric, but that's not great either, however, they are the cheapest to zhen with because they don't even need a mount and won't get hit for much.

So as some1 mentioned, there is no hardest class, as long as you have the right friends and you are 60+. Under 40 it's clerics.
  • RogueFox - Heavens Tear
    RogueFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    to me BM is cuz well i used a fist BM and the pot and repair build were insane..
    hehehe i like my sig >:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

A fail veno will get just as far in the game as a fail BM except they'll make more money.... dunno how many veno's I've done FBs 39/59 for and had to teach them how to pull. lmao And I can easily say any veno with tank can go into HH, set heavy object on heal key and sit back until boss dies while blabbering on vent, chatting in guild, or wherever. ;)
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Just want to say something here at this statement.

Just because you can solo something does not make it EASY.

Ok? it is time consuming, risky, and you can possibly end up wasting your time if say you attempt to solo something and you get killed. If there is no one around to rez you you are screwed.

So Veno does not = easy. I'll tell you what though Veno = Lucky. They are lucky they are able to do it. But the fact that they can does not make it any easier.

Care to argue that statement?

Haha, I didn't say veno = easy. I said veno = easier. The reason venos can do it is because, once again, it's easier for them, they have the tools and skills for it. They have a pet to lure mobs and take them on one at a time, which makes it easier. They have a pet to tank bosses and mobs, which makes it easier. They have their hp/mp regens and soul trans for if they get hit and need that extra hp before a charm tick. Venos, in general, have an easier time with pve content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Haha, I didn't say veno = easy. I said veno = easier. The reason venos can do it is because, once again, it's easier for them, they have the tools and skills for it. They have a pet to lure mobs and take them on one at a time, which makes it easier. They have a pet to tank bosses and mobs, which makes it easier. They have their hp/mp regens and soul trans for if they get hit and need that extra hp before a charm tick. Venos, in general, have an easier time with pve content.

I gotta agree. Venos, really are an easy class, if you learn to actually play them. We do pretty much everything every other class does in a little compact form. We tank, we DD, we heal, we etc. We don't do it as well as the original versions, but we suffice. We'll never tank like a Barb/Cleric combo, and we'll never DD like a Wiz, or Archer, but do we really need to? We're the easy class.

Now, once you learn the styles of the other classes, they too, become easier, but there is one hell of a learning curve for them. Wizards, honestly, are the hardest class to stick with, and a majority of people agree. You can't be a noob and play a wizard. Any noob can play a veno. Hide behind pet, and heal pet. That's all you really have to do. And, yeah, there are much, much more advanced tactics for Veno, none of us doubt that. But they are the easy class for someone to just crash into PW.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Fist BMs are a very hard build to play, BMs in general are complicated if you're new to the game.

I'll say wiz because I'm slightly biased I guess, we have trouble soloing minibosses such as Celestial/Demon thing in the swamp whereas a cleric is able to through the use of ironheart(I think) between every spell.

To all those veno's whining, time-consuming does not equal difficult, you can tank TT bosses with next to no repair bill(Unlike a barb), you can pull mobs(Unlike all other ranged classes), your heal pet spell has an incredibly low mana cost(Unlike clerics that can empty their mp gauge in seconds), your pets can optionably be taught stuns and interrupts(Like all classes) to cover weaknesses(this is optional, no one forces you to do this, same with TT in the first place). Finally, you don't even have to split the drops.

Complaining that your class is hardest purely through how hard soloing TT is=Fail.

I could try leveling purely by killing mobs 20 levels above me, doesn't make my class hard, just makes me an idiot.

EDIT:This post took a while so none of it's contents refer to the above poster.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ok, archers are easy. Seriously, there's not too much trouble there. Of all the classes I've played (haven't tried Wiz or Barb yet), I'd have to say Cleric is the hardest.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Are clerics difficult due to high skill costs for the moves squads expect of them or because they lack the controls that archers and wizs get?
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'd say both, honestly. I tried making a cleric, 2 actually, 1 LA, other Pure... No matter what I tried, I just found them to be hard. If you go the pure route, you've got insane healing/attack, but no defense. If you go LA, you're still screwed, because you have no Vit, and your heals/attack are weaker.

I suppose that a Vit Cleric might be a good choice, and I've heard some have good luck with it, but they're still a tough class, due to massive costs of skills, and the finesse you have to have to play one.
This discussion has been closed.