What would you change about PWI?

Options

Comments

• Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i'de take away this shattered gear bull **** b:bye
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I would remove flesh ream, purge, bramble hood and the veno class except the cat ones
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I would remove flesh ream, purge, bramble hood and the veno class except the cat ones

the hate flows threw you.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • vampirevane
    vampirevane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    would add G-strings to the CS for 10g each. REquiring 40 pigments to dye.
    5 Skill Slots for Pets Please ..Venos will $hare more ;)
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    If you look at it from the other end though, the players that sell gold now can sell much less to get the same amount of coins they got before, making them buy much less.

In my experience, when prices go up, it does not make more players spend real money, it just makes them leave the game.

Must I say it again? It was the PLAYERS who set the price in the first place. If they complain about it not being able to go up, they just make themselves look stupid.

**** the high levels, I'm worried about the new players that will see high prices and leave before they give the game a chance.

Thats the problem tho, 6 months ago the game was new. Few ppl had a million coins let alone MILLIONS. Now they have grinded their way, or RL cash shopped their way into millions. NO one is afraid to pay for gold anymore, at whatever price. If you have 70-100 million why bother worrying about paying 2 mil of it or 10 mil to get what you need/want? This is where they messed it all up. Gold from the beginning should have been untradeable. Items from cash shop being traded is still good. Gold should have just been left unable to be traded. This would have kept a stable economy. And ensured it to stay stable. Eventually they are going to have to chop the gold trade, or lose their player base.

The argument well when 1 leaves another joins is no longer going to be an argument, its getting to the point that this is what they will pray for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    How did this thread disintegrate into gold prices. .__.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    NEW players however, are unable to pay the high prices. They are my target. No new players means the death of a game.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Tuss - Dreamweaver
    Tuss - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    5 starting Gold, so you can at least buy SOMEHTING from the boutique or make a pretty penny.

A reason to use the "Walk" feature, like being able to sneak past enemies. And yes, you can walk, not run, in this game.

Fixing jumping so that when you see another player jump, it looks like they're jumping and not just rising up in the air.

Cheaper teleports for some points, like Archasaur (2000 mabye) or areas that aren't very far away but are expensive, like the Allies Camp (6000 is way too much).

A little thing added to the town teleport spell saying what town you'd teleport to.

A mount that can be bought with coins. Not a good one and not a cheap one, but one all the same.

Being able to use bows without arrows. Not much damage, but still.

Male venomancers. I'd play a venomancer, but I don't want to be a girl. Female barbarians are optional.

A bit more room in catshop titles.

A weak healing skill that all classes have that can only target yourself. Something like 100 hp. Learned at level 30 or something.

A new skill every level. Probably wouldn't work well, but I like skills.

That's all I can think up right now.
    Something witty...
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    A reason to use the "Walk" feature, like being able to sneak past enemies. And yes, you can walk, not run, in this game.Yes!

Cheaper teleports for some points, like Archasaur (2000 mabye) or areas that aren't very far away but are expensive, like the Allies Camp (6000 is way too much).Yes again!

A little thing added to the town teleport spell saying what town you'd teleport to.Very nice idea.

A mount that can be bought with coins. Not a good one and not a cheap one, but one all the same. You can buy horses from the pet manager

The ones that I found good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    5 starting Gold, so you can at least buy SOMEHTING from the boutique or make a pretty penny.
    They almost always have this in beta. Matter of fact if you got in on jade dynasty beta, you got 50 gold. Was SWEET!

A reason to use the "Walk" feature, like being able to sneak past enemies. And yes, you can walk, not run, in this game.

Fixing jumping so that when you see another player jump, it looks like they're jumping and not just rising up in the air.

Cheaper teleports for some points, like Archasaur (2000 mabye) or areas that aren't very far away but are expensive, like the Allies Camp (6000 is way too much).

A little thing added to the town teleport spell saying what town you'd teleport to.

A mount that can be bought with coins. Not a good one and not a cheap one, but one all the same.

There is one. Go to the Pet manager. You will see horses. You can buy a red one or a black one for 2.5 mil. Go nuts!

Being able to use bows without arrows. Not much damage, but still.
    Thats the equivalent of smacking a mob with your bow. Again, go nuts.

Male venomancers. I'd play a venomancer, but I don't want to be a girl. Female barbarians are optional.
    So what you are saying is, less people play barbs? Its the only character I've not rolled, only cause I can't wear a skirt.

A bit more room in catshop titles.
    This would add more confusion, you'd have to move yourself just to read a title!

A weak healing skill that all classes have that can only target yourself. Something like 100 hp. Learned at level 30 or something.

By the time you get to level 30.. 100 hp is nothing.

A new skill every level. Probably wouldn't work well, but I like skills.

How would you even begin to use them all? I can't use all the ones I have now! Would be nice if you had to buy skill books tho, instead of using spirit to get your skills.

That's all I can think up right now.
    Yip Yip Yip Tada!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    This game needs more content that isn't so dependent on a specific party, mainly cuz DD-classes get kinda left out.

I mean there is plenty to do in this game if you always have 2 eps, 1 barb and a veno. Problem is it can take hours find 2 eps + barb. And some classes like EA, BM, Wiz really cant do anything most of the time but grinding, since they have to compete over the 2 DD-spots in a party with 50000000 other ppl. Even bounty hunter is kinda class specific for several fb-bosses. I'm sure there is loads of ppl that cant get Bounty Hunter done half of the time, since they cant get into parties as EA/BM/WIZ.

Or look at high lvl wizards, only time they will get included to do anything is when ppl wanna pk or do rebirth order.

Lunar glade, TT99+ and warsong city and pretty much anything thats for higher lvls takes hours to find right classes and make party, and its surely no spot for a wiz.

More content that dont need barb + 2 eps would really lift the game.
  • Tuss - Dreamweaver
    Tuss - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    So what you are saying is, less people play barbs? Its the only character I've not rolled, only cause I can't wear a skirt.

No, I am saying that I would want to play a male venomancer. I like the pet concept, but I like playing as a guy. I'm also saying that since barbarian would then be the only class that had one gender if there were also male venomancers, making a female barbarian version would probably happen, but I'm not asking for that. I'm asking for male venomancers. I'll ramble after this, so I'll stop.

Also, I was not aware of coin mounts. Thank you for clearing that up.
    Something witty...
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    So what would you do to change it?

I would have it formatted for Macs b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadedArrow - Dreamweaver
    ShadedArrow - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    A Leeeroyyy Jenkinnnns emoteb:cuteb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    1. Addition of an actual fun PvP mode since this game doesn't have any (e.g. a squad vs. squad type of tournament). And no, PK really doesn't count. And neither does TW since it's for a tiny, tiny minority of all players that are in hugely large guilds.

2. Delete the Villa Quest from the game and replace it with something that doesn't suck _that_ hard. (Don't even try giving me the "it's optional" line here, if you want to level, Villa Quest totally isn't optional)

3. Delete all quests that make you kill more than 50 critters of the same type. You know, killing the same mob over and over _does_ get old after a time.

4. Add some more repeatable dungeons other than TT that have usable rewards (unlike Frost) and are actually doable for people not playing in god-mode (unlike Lunar).

5. Put all bosses including World Bosses into instances. It honestly sucks competing for spawns with other players. It's the #1 thing I hate in MMOs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    3. Delete all quests that make you kill more than 50 critters of the same type. You know, killing the same mob over and over _does_ get old after a time.

So you can go and kill the same mob over and over and over again once you ran out of quests and have to grind? At least that way you get extra exp for killing the mobs....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    So you can go and kill the same mob over and over and over again once you ran out of quests and have to grind? At least that way you get extra exp for killing the mobs....

I meant deleting them and replacing them with more reasonable quests. Sorry for being unclear. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

I would remove you.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think a "practice TW" instance would be pretty cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

you have serious problems...why you hate venos so much? :o
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think a "practice TW" instance would be pretty cool

I would loveeeee this. Or a guild PvP area with no consequences, where guildies can practice real PvPing on each other without having to worry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited August 2009
    Options
    you have serious problems...why you hate venos so much? :o

He's racist ):(
  • Laiyly - Heavens Tear
    Laiyly - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I haven't had a ton of time to play lately, which is why this game seemed so appealing, because I'm not paying when a month goes by and I haven't gotten a chance to log on. Getting back into it though I haven't noticed a few things:

Movement
    **I would first change how players move, or at least give the option. I miss my arrow keys from previous MMO's and I still haven't gotten used to this.

Male/Female
    **I agree with male veno/female barb option. I also believe you should be able to have f+f and m+m on mounts. A guy can give another guy a lift without it being a problem I would think, even if he can't snuggle him hehe.

Crafting Food and More
    **I miss cooking aspects of games and I would love to see something to do with collecting food, growing food and or cooking food for temp stat bonuses. It's nice being able to log into a game and craft valuable commodities without having to fight. I would love to see this incorporated into the game more.

No love for Additional Pet
    **I really HATE (because I duel box) the fact the when two veno's play together the first pet to attack gets xp and the other does not. Perhaps this has changed, as I said I haven't played in a while, but it certainly was true a couple of months ago and I think it's a sorry over site. No one may care about duel boxers, but does this mean that Venos should never group when lvling?

Dye is Chosen
    **I understand the need for the cash shop. I can't afford to blow tons of cash all the time and I'm a little nervous about how necessary charms might be for later play (I'm still low lvl) but without the shop there is no financial support for the game, so I understand. I would however really like to see the random dyes eliminated. I have even purchased the 10-packs and gotten only randoms, useless to me. If I am going to spend real money, I want to pick my color for goodness sake.

Gold
    **I thought I noticed gold prices rising, but as I don't trade much I haven't been paying attention. 100k/gold seemed good, not too hard even at lower lvls as long as you're willing to put in the work to gather for sales. Nearly twice that amount may just drive me out. Unless items I can sell to other players begin increasing in value greatly, I'll never be able to afford anything for all of my grinding efforts and that makes me sad. I actually like grinding mats and I figure if I have the time, but not the cash what a great trade off for those who have the cash, but not the time. I try never to overcharge, but this kind of spike may force others too and that makes me sad as well.

Make my pet Real
    **This one is silly perhaps: I would love to be able to pet your pets and have them react. Sit, lie down, something that shows that they received your affection. Anyone who had a pet in SWG may remember this and it really was an amazing feature.

Player Housing
    **I have no idea if there have been arguments over this and I certainly do not want to start one, but it would be nice to have some kind of crafting friendly, storage friendly and decor friendly player housing. Whether these would be sever separate or faction built cities I don't know, because again I know very little about it. However, it's very fun in games when it is offered. While the house itself might come from the cash shop, the expense of upkeep could come from in game coin, this might help a little balance-wise, not sure.

MACRO
    **Last of all, I would love to be able to create macros and assign hotkeys. This is the only MMO (of many) that I have ever played that doesn't have a system and it drives me crazy! Again, especially for a duel or tri boxer, these kind of little additions make the game infinitely more fun.

I know, too many ideas for a newb right? Thanks to anyone for reading and good luck to all in their travels. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Your last point about macro,there is macro system in the game,it just doesn't work very well :P
    edited August 2009
    Options
    If you open up your skill log you will see a place at the bottom to create macros. Some good ideas :) but that one is already there. It often doesn't work right tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Laiyly - Heavens Tear
    Laiyly - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    If you open up your skill log you will see a place at the bottom to create macros. Some good ideas :) but that one is already there. It often doesn't work right tho.

Oh yes I see that. I should have been more specific. Macros that allow for commands such as /assist squad member 1 or /follow. I see no such options under the current system, unless I missed something? Thank you for the info though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    There is a follow command under macro, but its for the mob. More like (walk behind mob) I think? Anyways, yes, they do not have that type of thing implemented. Might submit a ticket and suggest it! Chances are if you thought of it, you aren't likely the first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    There is a follow command under macro, but its for the mob. More like (walk behind mob) I think? Anyways, yes, they do not have that type of thing implemented. Might submit a ticket and suggest it! Chances are if you thought of it, you aren't likely the first.

That "Walk behind enemy" is actually "Repeat" when you put it at the beginning of a macro.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • FoxyFelicia - Heavens Tear
    FoxyFelicia - Heavens Tear Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I haven't had a ton of time to play lately, which is why this game seemed so appealing, because I'm not paying when a month goes by and I haven't gotten a chance to log on. Getting back into it though I haven't noticed a few things:

Movement
    **I would first change how players move, or at least give the option. I miss my arrow keys from previous MMO's and I still haven't gotten used to this.

The arrow keys are used for swimming and while flying though...

Male/Female
    **I agree with male veno/female barb option. I also believe you should be able to have f+f and m+m on mounts. A guy can give another guy a lift without it being a problem I would think, even if he can't snuggle him hehe.

I'm sure a LOT of people would love this b:cute

Crafting Food and More
    **I miss cooking aspects of games and I would love to see something to do with collecting food, growing food and or cooking food for temp stat bonuses. It's nice being able to log into a game and craft valuable commodities without having to fight. I would love to see this incorporated into the game more.

Lol, this reminds me of Mabinogi.

No love for Additional Pet
    **I really HATE (because I duel box) the fact the when two veno's play together the first pet to attack gets xp and the other does not. Perhaps this has changed, as I said I haven't played in a while, but it certainly was true a couple of months ago and I think it's a sorry over site. No one may care about duel boxers, but does this mean that Venos should never group when lvling?

Omg, no kidding... This would save me A LOT of time.

Dye is Chosen
    **I understand the need for the cash shop. I can't afford to blow tons of cash all the time and I'm a little nervous about how necessary charms might be for later play (I'm still low lvl) but without the shop there is no financial support for the game, so I understand. I would however really like to see the random dyes eliminated. I have even purchased the 10-packs and gotten only randoms, useless to me. If I am going to spend real money, I want to pick my color for goodness sake.

If they did this, they'd have to figure out a price for the individual "set" dyes, dramatically decreasing/increasing (depends) on the prices of the dyes people are already selling.

Gold
    **I thought I noticed gold prices rising, but as I don't trade much I haven't been paying attention. 100k/gold seemed good, not too hard even at lower lvls as long as you're willing to put in the work to gather for sales. Nearly twice that amount may just drive me out. Unless items I can sell to other players begin increasing in value greatly, I'll never be able to afford anything for all of my grinding efforts and that makes me sad. I actually like grinding mats and I figure if I have the time, but not the cash what a great trade off for those who have the cash, but not the time. I try never to overcharge, but this kind of spike may force others too and that makes me sad as well.

Everyone's concerned about this... Although, you don't necessarily HAVE to buy CS items.

Make my pet Real
    **This one is silly perhaps: I would love to be able to pet your pets and have them react. Sit, lie down, something that shows that they received your affection. Anyone who had a pet in SWG may remember this and it really was an amazing feature.

Heh... just think of the MANY pets available right now... That'd take the devs FOREVER to figure out something. Other than that, I agree. In fact, this should also affect their Loyalty (come on... just feeding them to raise it?). Although I gotta wonder how this would work out for mounts b:chuckle

Player Housing
    **I have no idea if there have been arguments over this and I certainly do not want to start one, but it would be nice to have some kind of crafting friendly, storage friendly and decor friendly player housing. Whether these would be sever separate or faction built cities I don't know, because again I know very little about it. However, it's very fun in games when it is offered. While the house itself might come from the cash shop, the expense of upkeep could come from in game coin, this might help a little balance-wise, not sure.

I think they're releasing something like this in the future.

Just my opinionb:cute
    [My personal quote]

"Sometimes you just wanna break away from it all but can't... so what do you do?"
    [An accident]

Aside from the sig I'll be using once it's done being colored (thanks for making it, Flauschkatze), I refuse to post any more pics on these forums. I've learned my lesson, and I don't wanna risk getting in trouble again by accident.
    [Special thanks]

=ಥ.ಥ= <-- Thank you, Konariraiden, for making this kitty sauce face for me, nya~ =^.^=
  • scasco
    scasco Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Many players leave their catshop up while at work. It would be absolutely awesome if we could check our Blackberries and iPhones and see what has sold through out the day.

A little starting gold or coin would be nice as well, especially for clerics.