What would you change about PWI?

Options
Slobby - Sanctuary
Slobby - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestion Box
Its obvious we all like PWI. Thats why we play it. But its far from a perfect world. So what would you do to change it?

One of my biggest pet peaves is the travel time. I'm just not rich enough to teleport everywhere. If we were allotted a certain amount of free teleports a day that would be awesome. A small amount of course. Say 5. They wouldn't be tradeable and you could never have more than a certain amount. Say 10-12 So there would be no hording or trying to save them up. It wouldn't matter because you couldn't have that many. If they are kept in small amounts and not tradeable they wouldn't affect the economy as far as I can reason.

Of course the death of the boutique is a change everyone who actually plays the game wishes for. I'm aware we wouldn't have any updates and PWI would no longer exist, but ah, I digress... I really do.

What would you change? Weather its plausible, probable, or impossible I want to hear it. b:pleased
Post edited by Slobby - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Cashshop aerogear and mounts are money earners. The long travel time is intentional.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'd prefer if the female CS in the game was more revealing. All of the female clothes are so modest . . .

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • SPC_Senge - Dreamweaver
    SPC_Senge - Dreamweaver Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    a lot of things on PW need to be changed. but this thread is in the wrong forum. it should be in the Suggestion Box
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I demand man-thongs. They are teh smexy.b:victory
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I would balance the BM weapons so not everybody has to hang out with a set of axes.

I would add squad dueling. squad vs squad.

I would also add recognision when you break a record on TT or in FB wiht rewards.

I would also guild to declare wars on other guilds. So you are only in PK mode for those.

I would also include a nemesis mob that you need to face, everytime you level (as he will level up to).

I would also give wizards an skill to suck up HP from opponents and convert it in MP.

I would also allow politics to play a role, as you can be elected as guild leader and so on.

territories would be attackable everyday (for raids)and if you dont have people to defend it, you just hire NPC to do it for you. You dont lose territory but you would lose any mats or money stored there.

I would also allow massive batles of guilds vs mobs in a instance.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Cashshop aerogear and mounts are money earners. The long travel time is intentional.

Someone always has to be logical! *sigh* She wanted to know what you would change, not why things are the way they are. We understand this.

I share your pain in the teleporting thing. I often thought it would be really neat if we could teleport at least to our birth city for free from anywhere on the map.

I would change the rude people. In my world they wouldn't exist. And if they dare tried to, I'd have a PW jail to put them in for punishment.

I'd also change it to where I could wear the mens clothes. Lets face it, their cammo pants are hot, their flipity flops rock. And the long sexy coat is just filled with HOTTNESSS!!! I could so see myself in a duke rose top, cammo pants some combat boots and a long overcoat.. all in black of course except the pants. I'm a girl, but that doesn't mean I'm a girly girl!

Next, bank interest. OH how I wish we could draw interest on our money in the PW bank! There is much much more, but this is a small list of what I'd change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Guild wars would be a pleasant addition.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SPC_Senge - Dreamweaver
    SPC_Senge - Dreamweaver Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i'd Prefer If The Female Cs In The Game Was More Revealing. All Of The Female Clothes Are So Modest . . .

B:laugh

Lol Hell Ya!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I have too many things so I'll only name a couple.

1: every item that is bought from a player is permantly marked with the price it was bought at and may never be sold for higher than that price.

2: The price of gold at the start of the game would be set by the players, and once that price was set and stayed at that price for a long enough time, it would be frozen at that price for the rest of the time the game was running. Keep the prices lower to attract new players.

3: Any and all stuns/sleeps would be removed from pvp but still work normally in pve.

4: Killing a player more than 10 levels below you make you auto-shatter everything you have equipped. (unless that player attacked you first, or you are in a pvp area like the dragon temple or territory wars. This rule does not apply in those cases)

5: flesh ream, enough said.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • FoxyFelicia - Heavens Tear
    FoxyFelicia - Heavens Tear Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'd prefer if the female CS in the game was more revealing. All of the female clothes are so modest . . .

b:laugh
    Mind you, kids also play this game... I don't think this game would have a good image if most of the female chars were close to completely revealing...
    [My personal quote]

"Sometimes you just wanna break away from it all but can't... so what do you do?"
    [An accident]

Aside from the sig I'll be using once it's done being colored (thanks for making it, Flauschkatze), I refuse to post any more pics on these forums. I've learned my lesson, and I don't wanna risk getting in trouble again by accident.
    [Special thanks]

=ಥ.ಥ= <-- Thank you, Konariraiden, for making this kitty sauce face for me, nya~ =^.^=
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Sorry - the laughing teddy bear was supposed to show I was being sarcastic b:victory

I'd love some female CS clothes that actually look like clothes. A pair of jeans and a hoodie with a pair of sneakers for my veno, please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Oh... oops x.x

Anyways... http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/fashion-f.php ^^ (We can only wait... lol)
    [My personal quote]

"Sometimes you just wanna break away from it all but can't... so what do you do?"
    [An accident]

Aside from the sig I'll be using once it's done being colored (thanks for making it, Flauschkatze), I refuse to post any more pics on these forums. I've learned my lesson, and I don't wanna risk getting in trouble again by accident.
    [Special thanks]

=ಥ.ಥ= <-- Thank you, Konariraiden, for making this kitty sauce face for me, nya~ =^.^=
  • Mr_B - Dreamweaver
    Mr_B - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I would balance the BM weapons so not everybody has to hang out with a set of axes.

I would also add recognision when you break a record on TT or in FB wiht rewards.

I would also guild to declare wars on other guilds. So you are only in PK mode for those.

I would also include a nemesis mob that you need to face, everytime you level (as he will level up to).

I would also give wizards an skill to suck up HP from opponents and convert it in MP.

I would also allow politics to play a role, as you can be elected as guild leader and so on.

territories would be attackable everyday (for raids)and if you dont have people to defend it, you just hire NPC to do it for you. You dont lose territory but you would lose any mats or money stored there.

Hear Hear

regards
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I have too many things so I'll only name a couple.

1: every item that is bought from a player is permantly marked with the price it was bought at and may never be sold for higher than that price.

2: The price of gold at the start of the game would be set by the players, and once that price was set and stayed at that price for a long enough time, it would be frozen at that price for the rest of the time the game was running. Keep the prices lower to attract new players.

3: Any and all stuns/sleeps would be removed from pvp but still work normally in pve.

4: Killing a player more than 10 levels below you make you auto-shatter everything you have equipped. (unless that player attacked you first, or you are in a pvp area like the dragon temple or territory wars. This rule does not apply in those cases)

Wow Zoe you think big. I like the auto shatter of killing a player 10 lvls lower. that would either stop the lame pking from happening or make it to where if you pk someone really that much lower than you it had better be well worth it.

I do not agree with the statement of things you buy. What if I bought a TT 70 weapon that did not have any shards in it? Then I put in 2 flawless shards making the weapon worth way more. Would be a bit unfair to only be able to sell it for what I bought it for.

I do agree with the gold tho. I think we should have a thing here like the gas gouging in real life. You can only raise gold so much in so many days. Meaning if it is 120k today.. like it can't go above 140k in that same day. Or something to that effect. Maybe even not that much, to me that is too much for 1 day. The price of zen isn't going up, the price of gold shouldn't be either. It should be "levelized"
    Sorry - the laughing teddy bear was supposed to show I was being sarcastic b:victory

I'd love some female CS clothes that actually look like clothes. A pair of jeans and a hoodie with a pair of sneakers for my veno, please.

Oh you read my mind. That would so be the perfect thing. Not all girls are girly. Even tho you are a guy.. but you know. I like combat boots and cammo too!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The Display Attributes option. People already look at others' gear, why stats?

That is all.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    edited August 2009
    Options
    That sounds like looking into a Genie's stats, NOT the players... You probably meant Display Stats? ^^;
    [My personal quote]

[An accident]

[Special thanks]

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Would kill the merchanting aspect of the game.

Would cause gold scarcity or coin scarcity which is worse.

Would cause imbalance so they'd have to restructure other mechanisms.

How to identify people 10 levels lower?

Not really.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    wrote:
    it would be nice that u could be just (pure fist or w/e lol) and not have to equip LA armour
    also good
    bleh....nu
    yes plz this qwould be awesome b:scornand clerics get to use charms only
    ....um.....quests?lol
    i want distance shrink if this hapens >.<
    npc? omg thats just scary i got chased once by 1 <.< ask alu she remebers itb:shocked
    ^^yes yes

why do i have to write something here <.< isnt the quote long enough? >.<

--->me being chased by the npc <.< http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu342/Alyyy001/2009-04-2600-01-44.jpg

and yea....why will others be able to wiew my stats? >.< iim gona add into vit soon ^^
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Would kill the merchanting aspect of the game.

That's the point. No resellers keeps prices low.

Would cause gold scarcity or coin scarcity which is worse.
    Prices have to stay low and the players can't complain because it was the players themselves that set the price.

Would cause imbalance so they'd have to restructure other mechanisms.
    It would cause more balance, players would actually have to be good at pvp for once to kill anyone.

How to identify people 10 levels lower?
    Pay attention to what they have equipped.

Not really.
    everyone knows what the problem with flesh ream is

My comments to this. I actually worry about the new players to the game, hence my ways to keep prices down.
    Main characters
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Zoe, one problem with the 10 levels lower thing. People 10 levels lower would just gank you expecting you not to fight back, or if you did, don't GAs cover gear shatter anyway?

I'd certainly fix flesh ream too. Kills pvp for me, more skill less bugs :D

Guild wars sound good, Liking the idea of squad vs squad too.
    I also like the guild house- it was suggested a couple times in the suggestions forum where this thread should kinda be too :P

I dunno, maybe give BMs and wizzies a little something extra? They seem to be kinda weak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Zoe, one problem with the 10 levels lower thing. People 10 levels lower would just gank you expecting you not to fight back, or if you did, don't GAs cover gear shatter anyway?

I'd certainly fix flesh ream too. Kills pvp for me, more skill less bugs :D

Guild wars sound good, Liking the idea of squad vs squad too.
    I also like the guild house- it was suggested a couple times in the suggestions forum where this thread should kinda be too :P

I dunno, maybe give BMs and wizzies a little something extra? They seem to be kinda weak.

I already covered that by saying the auto-shatter does not apply if the lower level attacks the higher level first. It has to be the higher level starting the attack. (this still only applies in open server pk. This rule does not apply in things like Dragon Temple or Territory Wars. No auto-shatter there)
    Main characters
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I already covered that by saying the auto-shatter does not apply if the lower level attacks the higher level first.

Oh sorry, tired here.. ain't reading or typing right b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • david12345
    david12345 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    >Give nix the hurc buffs (+150% p.def/m.def)

>Allow nix to enter FBs, TTs

>Give it an AOE skill which does huge damage, stuns and dmg amps the stunned targets

>Make it slightly bigger

>Give 15.0m/s speed

>Allow venos to ride thier own nix

>Make it capable of transforming into icenix, therby making it capable of fighting under water

Come on GMs, you know you want to.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I am sorry, but... do you really imagine no players could or would complain about how artificial the economy was and how they have been reduced to barter or whatever else?

I just wish I could get a coin, every time someone complained about something.

The players can only blame themselves for setting that price. This way the price always stays low, so there can be no greedy players that do everything in their power to drive up the price. Such as a big gold seller posing as a buyer saying they are buying it for much higher than the average price just to get everyone to start selling for that much higher price.

This also ensures that new players will always be able to afford gold rather than leave the game when they see high prices.
    Main characters
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You are confusing me, so I feel I should ask you for some clarification:

Do you mean everyone sets their own gold prices, which would be different from now (where we all set our own gold prices) because we would not be able to change our price later on when we wanted to?

Or, do you mean players somehow collectively set gold prices for everyone else, and everyone will be happier than now because everyone gets to vote in this new system?

Or, did you mean something else?

b:puzzled

I'll explain it again.

1: The server opens
    2: Players start selling gold in the AH, lets just use 100k each as an example.
    3: That price is steady for a long while and really does not go up and down. This signifies both the buyers and sellers accept this price.
    4: The price for gold is set at 100k from then on and can never go up.

Therefore the price of gold was set by the players themselves.
    Main characters
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Or they should cap it, as I previously posted.

For instance if gold is 188k today, it can't go above 195k within that same day. (or something similar). There should be a stopper in the a/h that will NOT allow any seller to price gouge in 1 day just because there are new items out in the cs.

As I stated previously, the price of zen hasn't gone up. Why is the price of gold sky rocketing every day?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The price of gold being 100k per would enable people to make a living off playing the game IF they broke the ToS and traded outside of the game. It's ridiculous to expect the company to allow such low prices that that could be done and because it can be done. The price of Gold was dirt cheap before and it's still very cheap. People are just complaining because it changed. They call the company greedy, but it's them that's being greedy.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    The price of gold being 100k per would enable people to make a living off playing the game IF they broke the ToS and traded outside of the game. It's ridiculous to expect the company to allow such low prices that that could be done and because it can be done. The price of Gold was dirt cheap before and it's still very cheap. People are just complaining because it changed. They call the company greedy, but it's them that's being greedy.

I don't think at this point anyone is calling the company greedy. After all they've not changed the stats/prices of zen to reflect the new gold prices.
    The greed is coming from other players. Things change, demand comes more. I get it. However; on HT was almost over night it went from 120k-180k. That shouldn't be allowed. We've not seen a break in price since.

The company actually was pretty smart in this regard. They've caused the price of gold to be driven up. Which is forcing most people to charge zen rather than use in game coins they don't have. From a biz perspective, this was quite intelligent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I don't think at this point anyone is calling the company greedy. After all they've not changed the stats/prices of zen to reflect the new gold prices.
    The greed is coming from other players. Things change, demand comes more. I get it. However; on HT was almost over night it went from 120k-180k. That shouldn't be allowed. We've not seen a break in price since.

The company actually was pretty smart in this regard. They've caused the price of gold to be driven up. Which is forcing most people to charge zen rather than use in game coins they don't have. From a biz perspective, this was quite intelligent.

If you look at it from the other end though, the players that sell gold now can sell much less to get the same amount of coins they got before, making them buy much less.

In my experience, when prices go up, it does not make more players spend real money, it just makes them leave the game.

Must I say it again? It was the PLAYERS who set the price in the first place. If they complain about it not being able to go up, they just make themselves look stupid.

**** the high levels, I'm worried about the new players that will see high prices and leave before they give the game a chance.
    Main characters
    edited August 2009
    Options
    If you look at it from the other end though, the players that sell gold now can sell much less to get the same amount of coins they got before, making them buy much less.

Exactly, free to play games' player bases consist of mostly 2 groups of people, those who are willing to pay and those who are not. Swing players are few in number. All high gold prices mean is less gold being sold in the long run, and more difficult gameplay for players who can no longer afford charms.