Is 2 accounts on 2 different computer allowed?

SydArrow - Heavens Tear
SydArrow - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
Somebody told me that PWI does not allow 1 person to have 2 seperate accounts on 2 separate computers. Is that true?
Post edited by SydArrow - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• darkjagans
    darkjagans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Somebody told me that PWI does not allow 1 person to have 2 seperate accounts on 2 separate computers. Is that true?

No, You can have 2 accounts as long as they aren't logged on at the same time on the same computer, 1 account per computer. so you're fine.
  • SydArrow - Heavens Tear
    SydArrow - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Thanks. Now I can create a personal cleric to follow me around and heal/res me. Sick of losing experience from dying.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    boo4u wrote: »
    i dont see what the problem is..kinda lame rule to be honest.I think if your comp can take it.>DO IT.

Just to be clear, in order to actually "DO IT" you would have to use a third party program to initiate it to even be able to get it done. Using another program in any way within the programming of PW is against their TOS. Even more... its illegal since they own all the rights, and such. Yeah.... thats a good reason to "NOT DO IT"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WraitHunter - Dreamweaver
    WraitHunter - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Like BratFury said when you downloaded and installed the game you agreed not to modify the content of the files in any way along with other things that i think you should have a look.
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Just to be clear, in order to actually "DO IT" you would have to use a third party program to initiate it to even be able to get it done. Using another program in any way within the programming of PW is against their TOS. Even more... its illegal since they own all the rights, and such. Yeah.... thats a good reason to "NOT DO IT"

Not quite but close, It the modifing of the files of PWI that is against the TOS. Otherewise they would have to even ban ppl for using things such as Fraps even vent and that could be considered under how you described it.

To put it simple as it can be 1 PWI client per pc.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Not quite but close, It the modifing of the files of PWI that is against the TOS. Otherewise they would have to even ban ppl for using things such as Fraps even vent and that could be considered under how you described it.

To put it simple as it can be 1 PWI client per pc.

Subject to these Terms and any applicable EULA, PWE grants to you, for your noncommercial and personal use only, a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, nontransferable and nonsublicensable license to access and use the Service and the Proprietary Materials
    Except as expressly permitted in these Terms or in the applicable EULA, such license does not include, and you agree not to engage in, any: (a) resale, sublicense, lending or commercial use of the Services or the Proprietary Materials therein; (b) distribution, public performance or public display of any Proprietary Materials except in connection with game play in the ordinary course, (d) modifying, adapting, altering, enhancing, or otherwise making any derivative uses of any Games, game content or other Proprietary Materials, or any portion thereof ; (e) use of any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods; (f) downloading (other than the page caching) of any portion of the Proprietary Materials or any information contained therein, except as expressly permitted on the Site; (g) reverse engineer or decompile the Proprietary Materials, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the Games or other software included in the Proprietary Materials; or (h) any use of the Services or the Proprietary Materials other than for its intended purpose. Any use of the Service or the Proprietary Materials other than as specifically authorized herein, without the prior written permission of PWE is strictly prohibited and will, at PWE's option, terminate the license granted herein. Such unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws including without limitation copyright and trademark laws and applicable communications regulations and statutes Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Terms shall be construed as conferring any license to or rights in intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. This license is revocable at any time with or without cause.

This pretty much states that modifying anything for any reason at any time is cause for termination. PERIOD! I took this directly off the TOS. That would include but is not limited to ANY MODIFICATION WHATSOEVER!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adeacia - Heavens Tear
    Adeacia - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    We can safely say they do allow video recording devices.
    edited August 2009
    We can safely say they do allow video recording devices.

At this point and time there is a lot they apparently are allowing, doesn't mean they can't follow thru with their terms of service when they see fit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bloblette
    bloblette Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    So would running PWI clients in virtualised environments on the same PC be allowed? Cause it doesnt require modifying any PWI files or such.
    edited August 2009
    bloblette wrote: »
    So would running PWI clients in virtualised environments on the same PC be allowed? Cause it doesnt require modifying any PWI files or such.

No, its is not allowed. You can not use virtual machine or anything else to run 2 clients on the same computer. This question has been asked numerous times on here and the GM response is always the same.
    NO IT IS NOT ALLOWED!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adeacia - Heavens Tear
    Adeacia - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Well they held a video contest that required the use of some sort of recording software in order to even participate. I don't think they'll be banning for fraps ever. :p

The idea is to not let you use anything that can possibly change the gameplay.
  • genesisrhapsados
    genesisrhapsados Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    No, its is not allowed. You can not use virtual machine or anything else to run 2 clients on the same computer posted by BratFury

dude the topic was about if using one account on one computer and a second account on another computer was allowed or not and no u don't need to use virtual machine or anything else its called auto follow when u have 2 comps running 2 different accounts all u gotta do is pay attention to your alt so he doesn't die while helping your main
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    dude the topic was about if using one account on one computer and a second account on another computer was allowed or not and no u don't need to use virtual machine or anything else its called auto follow when u have 2 comps running 2 different accounts all u gotta do is pay attention to your alt so he doesn't die while helping your main

This is why BratFury is quoting the ToS.
    boo4u wrote: »
    i dont see what the problem is with running two accounts on one computer.
  • Yserra - Sanctuary
    Yserra - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Spiffy! This means I can set one up to be a cat shop while I actually play on the other! Makes money making much easier.
  • TameThat - Sanctuary
    TameThat - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    bloblette wrote: »

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3364972&postcount=24
    ~~~ My Guides ~~~

Mystical Tome (h ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250862)
    AOE Grinding with Venomancer (h ttp://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Guide_to_AOE_Grinding_With_Venomancer)
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    As has been already stated, you can run two or more accounts ONLY if they are on separate computers. You cannot run two accounts by any means on the same computer.
This discussion has been closed.