13»

Comments

• MD - Harshlands
    MD - Harshlands Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Kylin grew stronger?
    i lold.
    kylin got rolled all over the map for 2 weeks until they explored the godless valley. OP dungeon is OP!

Dont laugh at usb:sad
  • MD - Harshlands
    MD - Harshlands Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Oh and just to keep the pressure on how downright dumb your comment was, the top levelers on the server now (by a wide margin considering the next batch has, as mentioned, basically stopped)

Siva
    Nei
    Icon

Which of those "griefs"?

I keep hearing you're a good person and then I keep logging in to read the garbage you post on the forum. Maybe you should just stop posting.

Who pk more between Iffy/AngeRR/Nurfed? I want to knowb:pleased
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    Aeneas - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    And this is the attitude that is killing our server.

I think both the "THERE ISNT ENOUGH PK IN SP!" and "THERE IS TOO MUCH PK IN SP!" crowds are way off. I think it's pretty irrelevant. Most noobs barely care. There are like 4 quests there, and half the time SP is virtually empty. And when there ARE people PKing in there, within 15 minutes a Fb29 group or someone else comes in, kills them, and leaves.

In otherwords, pulling this number out of my ****, there are like 4 quests 3x's cant do maybe 10% of the day.

Oh noes

The majority of the people who make a big deal about Secret Passage are
    1) People farming SP for kill counts
    2) People who enjoy feeling self-righteous and moral on a video game
    3) People annoyed about losing a Fb29

The server isn't going to live or die based on Secret Passage PK. It will live or die based on TW interest, server economy, and overall world PvP. The last (world PvP) has improved. The first two have continued to get worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The server isn't going to live or die based on Secret Passage PK. It will live or die based on TW interest, server economy, and overall world PvP. The last (world PvP) has improved. The first two have continued to get worse.

I'm still skeptical about the world PvP aspect. While yes, it has gotten better among the higher levels, I'm concerned about the lowbies, the ones who will eventually drive the server. The ones who are 9x now are gonna be bored as hell looking for other 9x's to have a good fight against. There's 7x and 8x out there, but that's not too much of a challenge. Without the new players levelling enough to bring some competition, it's all gonna fall apart. And if these same new players have the attitude towards PK like they do now(It's unfair, OMG, Ban plox) then this server will die.

As to the economy... I don't know what's up with that. People apparently have too much coin and not enough sense.

TW interest... That's a tricky one. On one hand, there will be groups who see Kingdom's dominance and then get bored. On the other hand, there's groups who will eventually rise up and fight... I think we're seeing the beginnings of that this weekend with 3 TWs vs. Kingdom at the same time. The thing to remember is that even if KD successfully defends all lands this week, more people will wanna jump on the bandwagon the more you do it. It's going to become a battle of attrition, and one guild cannot defend 7 lands in one weekend. If that happens once a week, the TW map will get interesting in a hurry. It's all a matter of getting guilds to focus-fire on the biggest threat. The trick is convincing others to join your crusade.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    Aeneas - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I think we're seeing the beginnings of that this weekend with 3 TWs vs. Kingdom at the same time. The thing to remember is that even if KD successfully defends all lands this week, more people will wanna jump on the bandwagon the more you do it. /QUOTE]

You're kidding right?

KD will have all 3 won inside of thirty minutes. Next week not a single faction will bid on KD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EyebalI - Harshlands
    EyebalI - Harshlands Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I do have to say that kylin is the perfect example of Pve-till-90-then-pvp b:surrender
    And to add to that, MAGI SUCKS BIGTIME!!!!!!!!!!
  • Scarlet - Harshlands
    Scarlet - Harshlands Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The trick is convincing others to join your crusade.

There are 3 emanating mentalities that the people in this server has.

One, is sharing the interest in world PVP and fun TW's regardless of the opposition's status (be them the "kings" of the server or whatnot). Players kill, players get killed. It's all part of the fun. As long as "interest" is flowing in gameplay, then it's all good.

Two, is being in this said opposition. Nevermind the boring TW's every week, nevermind the rotting and build-up of discreet hatred towards their leader/s. As long as they're part of the "winning dominant side", then it's all that matters.

Last, people who just got disinterested, and decided not to get involved with this whole server cosmic cataclysm.

For this "crusade" thing to work, only the people with the first kind of mentality will bother with it. Unfortunately, these people ended up being categorized as the third one. Better yet, they chose to have the third kind of mentality because everything just became too tastelessly monotonous.

Which mentality do you have?
  • EyebalI - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Definatly option 1 for me, TW is one of the most enjoyable things in PWI. mainly cuz of the nice PvP fights that outside TW never happen. there all you see is level 90s pking FUUUUUUUN.
    atleast in equal TW's like carebears vs destiny people can actually have fun. we dont f ucking care about the 10mil!!!!

well explained scarletfruit !
  • Scarlet - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Here the people that grief play the game 20+ hours a day so they are also leveling just as fast, if not faster than the rest of the server.

Hmm.. If that's the case, I'm surprised people such as the xferx guy, someone named history, and that timmagic whatever aren't at their prime levels.
  • Scarlet - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options

Trust me, experience the fun a 30-man faction has when TW'ing Kylin. It will be enough to drag a person's **** out of that sprint-to-crystal-in-5-mins plan every week. ;)
  • ChronicDose - Harshlands
    ChronicDose - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Definatly option 1 for me, TW is one of the most enjoyable things in PWI. mainly cuz of the nice PvP fights that outside TW never happen. there all you see is level 90s pking FUUUUUUUN.
    atleast in equal TW's like carebears vs destiny people can actually have fun. we dont f ucking care about the 10mil!!!!

You obviously don't go lookin for them, PVP doesn't just trip fall and ****ing land in your lap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EyebalI - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You obviously don't go lookin for them, PVP doesn't just trip fall and ****ing land in your lap.

Actually, I fly over the 60-80 areas looking to create a war every day. but it never happens. probably my timezoneb:sad
  • Cleon - Harshlands
    Cleon - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I do have to say that kylin is the perfect example of Pve-till-90-then-pvp b:surrender
    And to add to that, MAGI SUCKS BIGTIME!!!!!!!!!!

loludumb? ...
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Oh and just to keep the pressure on how downright dumb your comment was, the top levelers on the server now (by a wide margin considering the next batch has, as mentioned, basically stopped)

Siva
    Nei
    Icon

Which of those "griefs"?

I keep hearing you're a good person and then I keep logging in to read the garbage you post on the forum. Maybe you should just stop posting.

You obviously took that way the wrong way. I didn't say the top 50 on the server all grief, I didn't say anything about Sense, I didn't say anything about anyone in particular. The people I'm referring to are people like Ascii, Blizey, Tim, XFerX, Saveless, most of which are leveling pretty damn fast, despite spending an excessive amount of time in SP. My post actually really had no secret hidden agenda to **** people off, it was actually more of a stab at RQ for never leveling, ever.

Anyway, I agree with you that preventing every quest...all 5ish of them, doesn't really harm anything, other than people maybe leveling slightly slower from 30-35. It does get annoying when you're trying to do fb29's though and you need to spend 5k everytime. Clerics are a ripoff!!! b:cry
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You obviously took that way the wrong way. I didn't say the top 50 on the server all grief, I didn't say anything about Sense, I didn't say anything about anyone in particular. The people I'm referring to are people like Ascii, Blizey, Tim, XFerX, Saveless, most of which are leveling pretty damn fast, despite spending an excessive amount of time in SP. My post actually really had no secret hidden agenda to **** people off, it was actually more of a stab at RQ for never leveling, ever.

I gave up on SP after I got banned. And I still level slow, QQQQQQQQQQQQQ.
  • Scarlet - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The people I'm referring to are people like Ascii, Blizey, Tim, XFerX, Saveless, most of which are leveling pretty damn fast, despite spending an excessive amount of time in SP.

You certainly haven't been in SP quite recently for you to come up with a certain name on that list of yours. Spotlight fallacy much.
  • bionuno
    bionuno Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Hi and greetings to all.
    I just need to ask u all a question,since ur all high lvl 70+ sure u can answer me, in previous posts u where talking about whats killing the game and the server and u put many hypotheses, i agree with most of them, but what i wanna ask is why every single day and most of the time i have lvls 80+ standing outside west gate just waiting for a low lvl pass so they can pk and no one ever stops them..not kingdom, not kylin ppl no one defends the poor noobs, must b realy fun kill someone in one shot, makes someone feel powerfull for a few seconds....... ""ahahaha i killed a player, am i not the best""?, what lvl was he? ..30, and u? 90...wow and u manage to kill him? geezz ur realy strong..... when i was lvl 20 i could kill lvl1 moobs with a shot, i do it all the time, oh wait no i didnt cause it was boring and a waste of time.
    ppl what i'm asking is that higher lvls and facts help protect the noobs, or the white name players, cause pw is loosing many players cause of this pk, i dont want protecion sistems nor anything like that, i just want to play without b looking everywhere trying to spot a red name so i can run, in my opinion that kills the game more than anything else, cause u all have to admit that get killed and have to return to the mission site in a slow motion ride like lvl30 ezgle wings,aeroblades or manta, is everything but fun, and no fun either in killing someone in one shot.

Hope u all stay well and keep enjoying perfet world
  • Parody - Harshlands
    Parody - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    bionuno wrote: »
    Hi and greetings to all.
    I just need to ask u all a question,since ur all high lvl 70+ sure u can answer me, in previous posts u where talking about whats killing the game and the server and u put many hypotheses, i agree with most of them, but what i wanna ask is why every single day and most of the time i have lvls 80+ standing outside west gate just waiting for a low lvl pass so they can pk and no one ever stops them..not kingdom, not kylin ppl no one defends the poor noobs, must b realy fun kill someone in one shot, makes someone feel powerfull for a few seconds....... ""ahahaha i killed a player, am i not the best""?, what lvl was he? ..30, and u? 90...wow and u manage to kill him? geezz ur realy strong..... when i was lvl 20 i could kill lvl1 moobs with a shot, i do it all the time, oh wait no i didnt cause it was boring and a waste of time.
    ppl what i'm asking is that higher lvls and facts help protect the noobs, or the white name players, cause pw is loosing many players cause of this pk, i dont want protecion sistems nor anything like that, i just want to play without b looking everywhere trying to spot a red name so i can run, in my opinion that kills the game more than anything else, cause u all have to admit that get killed and have to return to the mission site in a slow motion ride like lvl30 ezgle wings,aeroblades or manta, is everything but fun, and no fun either in killing someone in one shot.

Erm.. firstly, the majority of lowbies that pass through west archo are blue-name, as the lvl 20-30 quests are based there, therefore they can't be killed anyway. And you have to realise that those pkers stay there to find fights with similar levels most of the time, not to pk lowbies. If they wanted to pk lowbies they would go to orchid / silver pool etc. b:shutup

Secondly, i have played on both pvp servers through lvls 30- 50 (look at avatar) and LC has much more rpk compared to HL. It's just that HL players can't deal with it.b:bye

oh and keep the TW discussion going, its pretty interesting to non-factors like moi.
    There are three types of people in the world,
    Those that can count, and those that can't count.

パロディー b:mischievous