Who here likes the 1-9 skill bar?

Options
MystiMonk - Sanctuary
MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
Who here likes the 1-9 skill bar?I don't like it as I had my skill bars set up the way I liked them.They worked good for me as I used mostly 3 to 5 skills on them.

It would be nice if you could hide the funtion keys.
Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
Post edited by MystiMonk - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Chameleone - Dreamweaver
    Chameleone - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I absolutely love the new addition to skill bars. It's something I've been missing since I've started playing.

I'd still mostly use the main 6 slots, but the addition of the other slots opens new realms with regards to easy access to less used skills or items. My veno especialy needs the additional skill slots ;-)
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ... Are you kidding me?

This change gives you space for up to 27 more skills/items/combos/etc you can hotkey. It's like having a brand new set of hotkey bars and a godsend for classes that have lots of skills, as well as making things such as swapping equips mid-battle far more viable now

IMO, this is one of, if not the best, features this patch brought us.
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Loveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveit.

I always need more hotkeys. I love hotbars, and I wish for more. Actually, what I really wish for is the ability to program alt/shift/ctrl to hit the separate layers of said hotbars, but more keys are *always* relevant. I'm not the biggest fan of clicking skills, but I've narrowed down the keyboard slots to my most used, and the clickies to situational cases.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keenan - Dreamweaver
    Keenan - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I don't care for it all that much. It just makes the bottom of my screen look messier b:sad
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I don't like it . . . I love it b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It's not just 1-9 skillbars now. They upgraded that skill bar to have 5 hotbars, instead of 3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I love it.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I like it!!!

Just have to learn to use them like I have been using the originals now b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to use it yet (I still have empty spaces on my original set of hotkeys), but...is there any way you could possible DISLIKE this change? o_o'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I HATE IT! Only because I want to be a naysayer!

nay!!!!!!!

p.s. I like it
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Methinks my trollingness is rubbing off on you, spoons...careful now..

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

nay!!!!!!!

p.s. I like it

I'm calling a GM to ban this guy for trolli---

Wait ****. b:surrender
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I usually never press my keys pass F7 and 6. Which on my keyboard are 7, 8, and 9. Therefore I'm not really using them yet... I just press it on my screen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkjagans
    darkjagans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Extending the slots from 1-6 to 1-9 is a nice addition, even though i don't like stretching my fingers all the way beyond 6

HOWEVER, i find the extra 2 skill bars really stuffs me up, 3 bars with 9 slots would've been fine, since i only use 3 bars anyways...

i duno about you guys, but i use the ` key (usually the key in the top left corner of the keyboard under ESC) to hotswap to the next bar, but with these 2 extra bars, it slows me down dramatically now that i have to cycle through 2 empty bars

May i suggest an option to actually be able to disable and enable the extra bars if needed?
    edited July 2009
    Options
    darkjagans wrote: »
    Extending the slots from 1-6 to 1-9 is a nice addition, even though i don't like stretching my fingers all the way beyond 6

HOWEVER, i find the extra 2 skill bars really stuffs me up, 3 bars with 9 slots would've been fine, since i only use 3 bars anyways...

i duno about you guys, but i use the ` key (usually the key in the top left corner of the keyboard under ESC) to hotswap to the next bar, but with these 2 extra bars, it slows me down dramatically now that i have to cycle through 2 empty bars

May i suggest an option to actually be able to disable and enable the extra bars if needed?

This is. Click that little filled-in circle on the lower left corner of those bars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I don't care for it all that much. It just makes the bottom of my screen look messier b:sad
    Then move them to the side: http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9707/skillbars.png

Imo, they are indeed FTW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • darkjagans
    darkjagans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    This is. Click that little filled-in circle on the lower left corner of those bars.

really?!

never knew that, was gona go sleep, but now i'm gona log on just to do that before i forget

b:thanks
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Best change ever, I love it! b:victory

Seriously, what the heck don't people complain about O_o
  • Prediction - Lost City
    Prediction - Lost City Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    MEEEE! I LOVE NEW SKILL BARRRR! b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
    FPW > PWI b:victory
  • WizaII - Sanctuary
    WizaII - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

same here,,^^
    b:bye

((Wiz Rlz ^^))
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] thnx to xRiptidex for the draw, to Kieve for the color, and to ForsakenX for the sig, ^^ b:thanks
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    its nice, really nice. But its huge lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options

nay!!!!!!!

p.s. I like it

Good then fix it disable the function keys or I get cluttered UI.
  • _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    _Krue_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I LOVE it.

I would love it if they would allow us to fully customize our keys.

but i'm happy with it now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಸ_ಸ ~~ Drama-Sauce-Face, 50% ownership to kon ♥♥
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    This is how I prefer my skill bar layouI cycle using ~ for other skills and tab for the others.

20090730171715.jpg
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i LOVE IT!

but i woulda made it 4 and 4, not 5 and 3... just.. looks funny. and i like things symetrical (spelling on that)
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    idk, its convient but i dont use it, im so used to clicking things on a box above the F1-8 ones lol
  • Leonon - Sanctuary
    Leonon - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    They aren't going to even touch cuz:

1. Most ppl like it

2. The Dev can't even be bothered to fix bugged skills, unreleased areas, promised function, etc. I doubt they are going to listen to a small group of ppl
  • Lady_Selan - Sanctuary
    Lady_Selan - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I don't have much use for the extra hotkeys yet but they are nice to have in case I did find some use. Major problem is people with low resolution going to be cramped up with lot of icons if they want to see them all at once.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Why on earth would they change it? O_o It's simply a convenient feature made a little more convenient. Mebbe in the future they'll give the option in settings to remove the whole thing entirely to keep the complainers happy. -.- Of course, then they'd complain about that.
  • Daerina - Heavens Tear
    Daerina - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    it never surprises me how people will scrape the barrell to QQ about something ^^

personally i like it, i haven't really used up any of the new spaces yet though i may in the future, but if i didn't like them i would just move it down so the last 3 slots are off the screen and out of the way :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Daerina~Lvl79 Venomancer
    Sunny_Dae~Lvl41 Cleric
    follow me on twitter b:victory twitter.com/Daerina