2»

Comments

• Lehek - Heavens Tear
    Lehek - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Dex hybrid is ****.
    Might as well be heavy.

Pure for grinding, better consistant dmg, better mdef.

Hybrid wizards with one vit per level have more mag def end game than pure mag >.>
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Hybrid wizards with one vit per level have more mag def end game than pure mag >.>

Congrats you have 1000 more hp, 200 more mdef (1% reduction IF EVEN THAT) and do 1/2 of the damage you could be doing.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Congrats you have 1000 more hp, 200 more mdef (1% reduction IF EVEN THAT) and do 1/2 of the damage you could be doing.

Longer HP bar = longer e-peen
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    hibrid wizard is a waste. 10HP/vit is worst return for all classes prolly.
    well, if u have a specific purpose for a while ( need 1k HP to survive RB or something) then yeah, vit might be an option. To have your wizz like that all the time it's just fail.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    hibrid wizard is a waste. 10HP/vit is worst return for all classes prolly.
    well, if u have a specific purpose for a while ( need 1k HP to survive RB or something) then yeah, vit might be an option. To have your wizz like that all the time it's just fail.

was discussing this with a friend last night, apparently clerics get 10hp/vit as well.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Synthetic - Harshlands
    Synthetic - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    its actually not that bad
    compared to pure
    damage loss isnt noticable
    but you get a extra % crit
    keep stacking it up

i added 15 to dex and went pure mag

damage loss isnt noticeable between LA and pure mag?? lawl bottom line LA past 90 is STUPID
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yeah,they do.
    But u can't play a cleric and a wizzard the same way.
    Clerics need more HP than wizards to stay alive. They have way less pdef and somehow comparable mdef if we don't have shield for that specific element. And first and foremost, they need to tank some dmg and keep that BB up.
    I don't think they can go 1vit each lvl because the healing power is based on magic dmg. But a 8-1-1 build I think is a good option to have about 400-500 HP more than a wizz. I never read a hybrid cleric guide, so I might be a little off with the numbers

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yes, mages get 10 HP per vit, but not only that, all of mages damage is derived entirely by 3 things; their spell levels, weapon, and int.

On a pvp server I believe clerics should be pure vit, because in pvp they should be healing. Venos can afford to be pure vit as well, because of broken pets. But mages? Mages are like archers, DDs, can't afford points into vit.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ok first thing
    im talking about LA pre-90
    past 90 LA is pointless
    the damage loss isnt noticable
    my pyrogram and gush still do 4k to mobs
    my sandstorm 7k
    my ultis 11k

in pvp i dont even notice a difference

cleric vit build is 6 mag, 3 vit, 1 str
    thats the most common cleric build
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Yeefong - Heavens Tear
    Yeefong - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    pfft all ur guides, sticky sux, now look at spirea's revised wizard GUIDE b:angry

Full Intel: Put everything into int to deal 2% more damage, increases chance of getting 1 shotted by 75%.

Light armor : Deal less damage than an afk veno with pet on defensive and reduces chance of getting 1 shotted by 5%. Enough str and dex for your reduction in 1 shot equipment, pour other points into int, we'll need it being anyone who makes a wizard is dumber then a rock.

Hybrid : add int and vit and str any way you want, youll suck either way.

Melee wizard : hey, we are already useless, might as well go for the gold. everything in str and dex. remember to max frostblade.

Pwetty wizard : female, with maximum bust size, generally used to beg for money and/or items since we will be extremely poor. best suited for levels under 30.

Dumb wizard : suited for 89+, spending months of work to realize wizards suck

Now here are your stats and what they do :

Vit : Decreases chance of getting 1 shotted by 0.01% per point
    Int : the higher this is, the lower yours is.
    Dex : increases % of running away from other classes
    Str : best stat, allows us to do damage without being 1 shotted or interrupted.

now feel free to add ur contributions b:chuckle
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm hitting around,

11-14k with nukes
    6-8k with gush/pyro
    22k+ with ulti's

The damage difference between LA and Pure isn't constant, it gradually grows bigger.

At lv.40 and LA and a pure will notice about 10% difference in damage.

At lv.70 20%

At lv.90 30%

LA is a great beginning build, but it steadily becomes weaker, and diminished returns mean your eventually the defence difference will be around 7% when it was once 25%.

After talking to a friend two levels lower than me and finding out she had a MAG stat of 510, I'm wondering whether to replace crit with the highest stable damage I can manage.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I'm hitting around,

11-14k with nukes
    6-8k with gush/pyro
    22k+ with ulti's

The damage difference between LA and Pure isn't constant, it gradually grows bigger.

At lv.40 and LA and a pure will notice about 10% difference in damage.

At lv.70 20%

At lv.90 30%

LA is a great beginning build, but it steadily becomes weaker, and diminished returns mean your eventually the defence difference will be around 7% when it was once 25%.

After talking to a friend two levels lower than me and finding out she had a MAG stat of 510, I'm wondering whether to replace crit with the highest stable damage I can manage.

510 MAG at 84? Isn't there a cap at 505 per stat? Regardless, 510 at 84 is insane :O
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The cap on ecatombs builder is 600, pwcalc doesn't have a cap so who knows =\. But yeah, she hits like a truck.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • woyaa
    woyaa Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    DamagevsDecientSky.jpg
    b:cute
    I managed to hit level 104 on a X5 rates server!
    b:cute
    How you level 101's on X1 can stand it, I don't know b:shocked
    Woyaa|Level 104|Venomancer|Heaven|Heavy Fox
    SpringBud|Level 98|Wizard|Heaven|LA Mage <--Goes to DP
    Lowbie Alts:
    FrostSong|Level 90|Cleric|Heaven|Full Vit Cleric
    IcantPWN|Level 77|BladeMaster|Axe/Fists HA/LA
    X0neX|Level 89|Archer|Hell|Exotic EA (1 Mag each level)
    LaZy|Level 91|Cleric|Heaven|Full Int, retired
    T4nker|Level 8x|Barbarian|Full Con, playing on this one
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    the damage loss isnt noticable
    my pyrogram and gush still do 4k to mobs
    my sandstorm 7k
    my ultis 11k

in pvp i dont even notice a difference

Lets try this "not noticeable" damage loss thing again

pyro and gush - 7k min
    ss - 9k min
    ult - 13k min

and oh I'm not using sakyu either b:cute.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Lets try this "not noticeable" damage loss thing again

pyro and gush - 7k min
    ss - 9k min
    ult - 13k min

and oh I'm not using sakyu either b:cute.

wow 2k damage
    crits kinda make up for that :3
    im using +2 ashura sign with 2 flawless sapphires in it
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    nope, your crits don't make up for that.
    1st, u don't have reliable dmg. If u don't want to be hit, you're gonna have to kite. U will need at least 1 more hit to kill a mob, often 2 = more MP. Healing after a while = extra MP or cash for pots. To even out the dmg u do in time, u need to crit every 4th hit on a gush/pyro and every 3rd nuke hit. I'm sorry, but that's the crit rate of a full dex archer, there is no way in hell an LA wizz can do that.

And there u go, in your own words
    wow 2k damage
    that's 500/ dmg in PvP, on similar equipped wizzies. There's a huge diff if u can kill someone in 2 hits or 3, about 33% faster I would say.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Piliener - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Don't forget to mention that we have at least a 2% crit too. So we can crit as well just not as often. Also, our crit's will make him wet himself.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i done 42k on fb 70 last boss with sandstorm
    i really dont have a problem getting hit by mobs
    the only time i get hit is when im talking in faction chat and fighting a mob b:chuckle but its worth it cause Equinox faction chat is always interesting.

i went to TW as LA
    i died twice vs normally dying 6 times
    i was getting hit by 2 BMs and 1 barb.
    took out the barb (<3krits)
    took out the BM (<3krits)
    blinked back before my charm ticked
    nothing i could have ever done as pure, especially when the 9x archer started hitting me b:shocked
  • Piliener - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i was getting hit by 2 BMs and 1 barb.

These were 3x right? There is no way that you would have been able to move if you had the stun's going off and the damage in your face like that. NOTICE: LA gets Slightly more survivability (to phys atk) not enough to withstand 3 ppl your level bashing on you (unless they underlevel you by a lot). Oh and do tell all the time's other wiz's and ep's 1shot you b:bye. I also assume you mean fb69 b:puzzled. If you're not getting hit then you have no need to be LA so come join us. I tried LA and it was pathetic in damage and way to dependent on crits (again just my opinion).
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    These were 3x right? There is no way that you would have been able to move if you had the stun's going off and the damage in your face like that. NOTICE: LA gets Slightly more survivability (to phys atk) not enough to withstand 3 ppl your level bashing on you (unless they underlevel you by a lot). Oh and do tell all the time's other wiz's and ep's 1shot you b:bye. I also assume you mean fb69 b:puzzled. If you're not getting hit then you have no need to be LA so come join us. I tried LA and it was pathetic in damage and way to dependent on crits (again just my opinion).

i was pure mag and LA
    first time i tried LA i hated it
    i tried again but with better gears and i loved it

no it wasnt 3x, it was Ursa's faction in fact :3

You will be amazed at what you can do with multiflavor jiaozi and apoth items.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You will be amazed at what you can do with multiflavor jiaozi and apoth items.

I sir...am then impressed.