Comments

• Rozas - Sanctuary
    Rozas - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    lol i usally say i have lvl 0 rez :P
  • Opaline - Dreamweaver
    Opaline - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I will usually rez people in faction if I am free (ie. not in a zhen, TT, FB party, etc) and if the distance is within about 1/2 the length of the map. If a faction member loses xp, it hurts the faction.

For someone not in faction, I will only rez if they are literally within visible range.
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Now, what happens if I take a squad full of "Rambos"? So they lure one mob, kill it and it goes BOOM. Then they run through the next one, with half or less HP! So I have to make the HP raise quickly to prevent their deaths when the mob go BOOM, and I have to stack many heals to do so, since their taking damage.
    When they do this, I concentrate myself on the main tanker and only on him. And about the others, I'll just repeat the famous quote said by Ivan Drago from the Rocky IV movie: "if he dies, he's dead".b:cool When the BOOM goes BOOM again, then I raise the Rambos laid on the ground.
    Exactly, I hate people who think having a cleric in the squad is a license to rampage with no regard to their own safety. This goes double for anyone who forgets what class they are ... archers that try to pull, wizards that try to tank ... Having a cleric in your squad does not make you immune from damage or death. Too many times have I had closely monitor people who are acting carelessly ... only to have them die when I lag or d/c. Then of course, I get an earful (or screenful) for my troubles.

As for rezzing, if I can see you, yes, even if you're rude about it or whatever. I get mad when I die too. But if you have to use any chat other then common or squad to get my attention, you're gonna get silence as a response. 100x for people who try to add me to friends after I have rezzed them. Guardian Angels are 35k on my server. If you can't afford that, you have bigger problems then losing 5% of your xp.

As for clan mates ... eh. Most of the people in any faction I've been in won't bother you to take a 10 minute flight to get wherever the hell they died, but I've been in guilds with a few people that are obvious when they attempt to cultivate friendships with clerics for this reason only. One veno in particular was very familiar with my amazing ability to ignore people.

EDIT: I just read the title to this topic again ... if someone ever said "Come quick I died!" I'd say "What's the hurry? You're not getting any deader ..." xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • rinalol
    rinalol Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    yea but refused to go all over the map.
    im too lazy to fly that much as for teleporting im greedy and i avoid using teleport master XD

BUT if it's a close friend of mine then sure, i will travel all over the map to get there and give a res. otherwise, no way, stay dead, im sure you can go with it XD

as for the thing with squads and fbs, just like it was said before me.....heck just cus theres a cleric in squad doesnt mean you can go on killing and eventually dieing. clerics arent some sort of temporary HP charms. they are players too that need exp like any other player, just that they have the ability to res. as well as venos pull and tame animals and barbs tank.

P.S.: you know what's TOTALLY ironic? clerics can res OTHER players, but they can't res themselves even if they are the healers xD whats the point of the resurection ability if not using it for yourself too? well anyway
  • Illusionista - Heavens Tear
    Illusionista - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I don't see my usual reply of "I have a negative ress, still want it? :D" in that poll... Q.Q

...Aside from the joking. No, I will not waste my time and money to ress you. If you don't like it--go roll a cleric and ress yourself.

And you should always carry GA as a precaution if you're that worried about EXP loss. By the time most people truly need GA--they can definitely afford it...so don't give me **** about how expensive they are. XD I carry them all the time so no one has to put up with me QQing about my exp loss. According to many reliable (and some unreliable) sources, I suck...therefore, if I can do it... so can anyone else. :D
  • Gregarfalzar - Sanctuary
    Gregarfalzar - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    =D i dont mind the res as long as im close to the person :3 or unless they one of the sexy ppl on the friends list XD but as strange as it is i hate getting rezed when i die. i dont know how they stand waiting for me..... but mehh its what being a cleric all about =) having the ladies over you for help b:dirty
  • Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear
    Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I was in the middle of a TT3-2; Healing a Barb when one of the people on my friends list pm'd me:
    Then convo went something like this
    Q."Hey, Can you help me?"
    A. "1 sec" (was busy healing barb - wasn't going to side-track since I was only heals)

Q."Hey, can you help me?! I'm waiting." (5 seconds later, No joke.)
    A."kinda busy, what do you need?" (figured they would of gotten the hint)

Q. "Can you come res me now?! I died AFK flying W.Q. and I g2g soon."
    A. "No, I'm sorry."

Q. "Why, why can't you come?"
    A. "Cause - I'm busy in TT3-2"

Q. "Whats that?" (Due to having to PM back and forth to some nit-wit, the Barb was starting to get his rear kicked.)
    A. "1 Sec"

Q. "Come on, I'm waiting. Your a cleric, you can res."
    A. "Where did you die exactly?"

Reply: "I died on a Mob."
    A: "Where did you die?"

Q: "I died flying into Misfortune" (If it was someplace close to T.T. I might of helped out)
    A.: "What killed you?"

Reply: "Cerminator - flew afk into the WB"
    A.: "You're on your own. GL, The "Go To Town" options waiting."

Word of Advise: when a cleric says: 1 sec, they are usually busy. Secondly: if you die doing stupid **** like that - You deserve the EXP loss. :S
    [SIGPIC]http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/disarmonia_X/DisaGD4Life.png[/SIGPIC]
    ♥Aneurysmal
    ~PWI status: Retired
    P.S. and happily ever after: with Aneu~
    b:kiss
  • Illusionista - Heavens Tear
    Illusionista - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    LOL. Actually... sometimes when people are nagging me to do stuff for them and I don't feel like listening to their BS, I just walk away from the computer (or pretend to be afk...though most of the time, I actually am XD).

And Disharmonia... you have more patience than me. >.>...If someone was rude like that about asking for a ress when you're clearly busy, I'd just ignore that **** and blacklist. I don't even get why a person like that is on your flist. >.>;;;...<.<.... *Secretly removes person from flist*
  • Q - Dreamweaver
    Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    All the time :/ but i hate it more when I pk someone then they ask for a res -__- .... Gladly I'll just kill u again :D
  • Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear
    Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    LOL. Actually... sometimes when people are nagging me to do stuff for them and I don't feel like listening to their BS, I just walk away from the computer (or pretend to be afk...though most of the time, I actually am XD).

And Disharmonia... you have more patience than me. >.>...If someone was rude like that about asking for a ress when you're clearly busy, I'd just ignore that **** and blacklist. I don't even get why a person like that is on your flist. >.>;;;...<.<.... *Secretly removes person from flist*

Nah: I have a section on my friends list labeled: "NOOBS" and the color is Black.

If people **** me off, I move them there - wait for them to log: and delete them, to get away from any confrontation at the time - since I'm usually up to my eyebrows in TT's.

It's a nice way to free up space: if you actually run into good players :gasp:

I think they are a myth some days...
    [SIGPIC]http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/disarmonia_X/DisaGD4Life.png[/SIGPIC]
    ♥Aneurysmal
    ~PWI status: Retired
    P.S. and happily ever after: with Aneu~
    b:kiss
  • Anfallas - Harshlands
    Anfallas - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I have to say I haven't ressurected anyone yet, I see no point in having lvl 1 ress. for now, I'm too low a level with my current char. to do any good with that paticular skill. I will say however, that I couldn't believe the responses some people have gotten for trying to help others. I would much rather lose some exp than have to fly all the way back to whatever location I was at when I died. I have no problem being ress'd by level 1-2 ressurectioners, mainly because I enjoy the fighting. (For right now, I'm sure it will get a little boring later on) Also, I NEVER ask people to fly across the map, mainly because I am a cleric and do know that we aren't randomly sitting around on our asses waiting for someone to call on us to help.

Because really, isn't that our purpose in life?! To heal and help others?! (I actually got yelled at once because I wouldn't help out this girl who needed healing and buffing, I had to laugh at her "you're a cleric, it's your job"attitude. She didn't ask though, she demanded, if she'd been polite I would have done it. :D)

Anyway, I want to say thanks for everyone out there who is randomly ressurecting people. Love you all and I think you are completely awesome and seriously rock. b:kiss To all of you!
  • Magnificowiz - Dreamweaver
    Magnificowiz - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I will say however, that I couldn't believe the responses some people have gotten for trying to help others. I would much rather lose some exp than have to fly all the way back to whatever location I was at when I died. I have no problem being ress'd by level 1-2 ressurectioners, mainly because I enjoy the fighting. (For right now, I'm sure it will get a little boring later on) Also, I NEVER ask people to fly across the map, mainly because I am a cleric and do know that we aren't randomly sitting around on our asses waiting for someone to call on us to help.

Because really, isn't that our purpose in life?! To heal and help others?! (I actually got yelled at once because I wouldn't help out this girl who needed healing and buffing, I had to laugh at her "you're a cleric, it's your job"attitude. She didn't ask though, she demanded, if she'd been polite I would have done it. :D)

Anyway, I want to say thanks for everyone out there who is randomly ressurecting people. Love you all and I think you are completely awesome and seriously rock. b:kiss To all of you![/QUOTE]
  • Magnificowiz - Dreamweaver
    Magnificowiz - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I have to say I haven't resurrected anyone yet, I see no point in having lvl 1 ress. for now,
    Well i think that it beats having to buy the stupid resurrection scroll. my philosophy is to tell ppl to give me 50k for a res 10k for a buff, that wards people off. It's a heck of a lot easier that saying no cause they don't complain, just leave
  • GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver
    GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Nah: I have a section on my friends list labeled: "NOOBS" and the color is Black.

If people **** me off, I move them there - wait for them to log: and delete them, to get away from any confrontation at the time - since I'm usually up to my eyebrows in TT's.

It's a nice way to free up space: if you actually run into good players :gasp:

I think they are a myth some days...

LoL get Blacklisted b:chuckle
  • Temblor - Harshlands
    Temblor - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Never rezzed anyone thats not in my squad. Never will too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kiss my pointy ears!
    Girl IRL-guy cleric IG.b:cute
  • miollvynir
    miollvynir Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm just now getting to lvl 19 on my cleric, so I've never been asked... but I often used to wish I was a cleric while playing my veno, because I enjoyed helping others (bramble guard is helpful, but I wanted to rez and heal, too). I just had a kind soul offer to rez my veno even though it was across the map, and it made me realize that some of us just get joy out of the whole helping others thing. For us, it's a GREAT part of the game, not a hassle that's taking up our time. If I didn't ENJOY helping others, making a cleric would've been a foolish move. I am a very solitary person by nature, so I figured veno would be best for me, but as it turns out, I enjoy my cleric even more because I get to help others (plus, my squad invitations are more often accepted with joy)b:pleased When I finally do get my rez leveled up, I'm going to use it often, even if I do have to travel across the map (I'll just use auto and go do something else for the travel time. I'm ADD anyways, so being able to go do something else is a plus for me, not a minus. In fact, it's the reason I die so much...b:chuckle)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Grrrrb:shocked
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Ari_m - Dreamweaver
    Ari_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    haha, my rez is lvl 1 so im never askedb:chuckle
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    haha, my rez is lvl 1 so im never askedb:chuckle

yea....good u dont rez ppl or i would bite u lol

i asked 4 a rez a cleric once and lost like 4% and that was my reason to lvl my rezb:angryb:angryb:angry
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elomir - Dreamweaver
    Elomir - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    So.....i am the only one who likes to resscurrect people??I can travel across the whole map to help someone except if i m doing quests.The only thing i cant stand is when they dont thank me.

Dreamweaver forevaaaa!
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    At first my main priority were my own attack spells. But once I became a guild member I started leveling res, heal and purify first, and my attack spells only after these. Why? Because my guild mates will fly across the map for my boss. Or even for a regular quest I have trouble with. So I'm willing to drop whatever I'm doing and come for them - thats my idea of being part of a team. Of course there are few things to consider, like what exactly I am doing (nobody would exit instance to go and res someone), how far away I am (maybe they can get res from someone close by), what level they are (sorry, at 30 they can get that 5% xp back easily, at 80 such loss hurts much more), what are they doing (if they won't squad because they dont want to share drops and money and get killed again ten minutes after first res its too much imo) an so on. But generally I'm the 'fly across the map' type, and I rarely refuse :-).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Llyanka - Harshlands
    Llyanka - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I have been asked to fly across the map... and I told them I couldn't at the time - I was in the middle of a zhen party, wasn't gonna just up and leave my wizard to rez someone that thought they could solo Suzerix.

Lolz, poor guy actually waited 30 minutes for a rez b:victory

For faction and friends I usually don't have an issue flying across the map, unless I'm in the middle of questing, then it's a wait let me finish. b:chuckle

There are only a few people that I will drop pretty much anything to go rez, and they do not have a problem waiting if I AM busy...

What's annoys me the most is when you tell someone you are in the middle of a quest(fb, zhen, w/e) and they have a cow that you aren't dropping your stuff to go help them. lol, QQ - dangit you want max lvl heals and buffs from the cleric you gotta let her lvl! b:angry

As to random buffs and rez's - yeah, if you are within my screen I will rez you - if you die multiple times and ask me to rez you while we are in the same area, I will rez you three times. period. First time is free, you get lectured on the second and third - total noob.

buffs, if you ask nicely yes, demand? no. if it's a barb or bm and they want to trade buffs, heck yes!
    If I pass a lowbie cleric, I will drop buffs (lol, I love it when they flip and are like 'Oh Ehm Gee who did that?!')

Payment? nya, I don't take it, might not be wise of me, but it has gotten me in the good graces of one of the HUGE pk factions on my server b:victory

anyhoo, that's my ramble on it
  • Amazonian - Heavens Tear
    Amazonian - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I will fly for faction mates and friends, but most are more than willing to wait if I say I'm in the middle of something. They will also tell me if someone comes along and rezs them before I get there. If I start heading to you, and you get a rez before I get there, and don't bother to tell me, then you will never get a rez from me again. There is nothing more annoying than spending 5 minutes flying somewhere to see the person you're heading to is alive and well when you get there. And when you ask why they didn't give you the heads up, you get "well I wanted your buffs." That has caused my friends list to get shorter by one barb instantly.

The other one is lack of manners. I was told I was an **** this weekend because as I was flying around on WQ I got a random whisper "hey cleric rez me." I whispered back, "learn some manners and maybe sometime I would." They proceeded to tell me there was no time for manners they didn't want me to get too far away. Well to that I say, a little manners will actually give a cleric a reason to turn around. I also added, should I have my 7 year old teach you how to say please and thank you. By the time they stopped whispering a variety of "filtered obsenities" and name calling, I was 4 stops further on my WQ.

I will give random buffs, heals and rez. However, if I don't get respect, don't be surprised when I draw some world boss on you then laugh over your corpse.
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I say no, to friends or guildies, even if they are a close friend. Why?

Because it takes me 10 minutes at least to get there, plus any teleport expenses, then 10 minutes to get back to where I was, plus they have to wait 10 minutes. Thats basically half an hour of gameplay wasted because they didn't buy a GA. Seriously, even at level 50 you can easily grind a GA worth of coin in half an hour.
    I would reply with "Sure, if you give me a GA to do so" but this generally gets taken worse than just saying no, and to be honest I still dont want to do it even for a GA.

The only time I've actually flown out of my way was to res a friend who carries GA's with him, who, while grinding hard to hit 89 forgot to stock up. Simple mistakes can be made and I'm willing to help out in that situation.
  • ChainedDust - Heavens Tear
    ChainedDust - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I will fly for faction mates and friends, but most are more than willing to wait if I say I'm in the middle of something. They will also tell me if someone comes along and rezs them before I get there. If I start heading to you, and you get a rez before I get there, and don't bother to tell me, then you will never get a rez from me again. There is nothing more annoying than spending 5 minutes flying somewhere to see the person you're heading to is alive and well when you get there. And when you ask why they didn't give you the heads up, you get "well I wanted your buffs." That has caused my friends list to get shorter by one barb instantly.

The other one is lack of manners. I was told I was an **** this weekend because as I was flying around on WQ I got a random whisper "hey cleric rez me." I whispered back, "learn some manners and maybe sometime I would." They proceeded to tell me there was no time for manners they didn't want me to get too far away. Well to that I say, a little manners will actually give a cleric a reason to turn around. I also added, should I have my 7 year old teach you how to say please and thank you. By the time they stopped whispering a variety of "filtered obsenities" and name calling, I was 4 stops further on my WQ.

I will give random buffs, heals and rez. However, if I don't get respect, don't be surprised when I draw some world boss on you then laugh over your corpse.

That's the route to go. I give people random buffs all the time. But i don't use an MP charm Apothecary pots FTW. b:victory I'm stingy...i have a gold MP charm but i refuse to equip it.....maybe when i can start to zhen.

How is your veno coming along Amazonian? This is my new cleric alt....not to shabby for not playing him that much. b:pleased Clerics area great class and a nice change of pace from my BM.

- AdvanceZero out.
  • Ephemerra - Heavens Tear
    Ephemerra - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If it's for a friend, it's no biggie. But, if it's for someone that just added me on their 'friends' to use me for rezzing purposes, then chances are that I'm going to let you fend for yourself.

But, I still flew from the north of the map to Silver Pool to rez someone. I really don't know why I did it, but maybe I felt sorry for the noob (who tried to take on that monster under Heaven's Tear and died trying). I stayed to help with his quests on the top of that, but when I got killed by a tauroc there, nobody rez'ed me no matter how many clerics there were.

It does not cost a thing to rez somebody but, now I'm not too eager to rez anyone. I only rez random people when I'm in a good mood.
  • Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    Yuufa - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hi im Yuufa, lvl 70 Cleric i Heavens Tear

I am ur slave. PM me for a res anywhere anytime... gosh pwi is that boring now im happy to just res all day:P

lol
    I have no use for signatures... hypocrisy aside xD
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    LOL xD

i have no problem rez ppl, since that a clerics are for in pwi...

it's just...

1. i feel it's very annoying, if they keep asking while i'm on fb, boss or auctioneer... so, i can't and won't rez them or they must wait :P

2. let's make it a business... what about 10k coins for each rez xD

3. to be asked to rez for 1x, 2x, 3x per day or person is ok... but for the 5x or more is a pain in butt >.<

(that gonna stop me to play as cleric, but since we're the smexiest char, so yeah, i'll stay :D)

4. at last... if they still asking me to rez, while i'm red... i'll pk them after rez xD

CLERICS FTW <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
  • insanewayne
    insanewayne Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I know who my friends are
    I know who helps me
    I know when Im grinding ona miji also

so yes, Ive flown from the swamps into HH and after rezzing stuck around to spam heal her, after all she helps me when she can

wanna know why Ive been lvl'n slower? cuz Ive been helping guildies

I do however buff everyone in my guild on sight and have even buffed those in cat shop mode by accident lol. I just think it's bad form to see a squad of a certain guild with a cleric and no-one's buffed at all (even the cleric - wtf?!?).

what's even worse ?
    lvl 6x barb tanking a lvl7x boss : oh my poor hp charm is getting ****
    lvl6x cleric thats spam healing the barb : yeah one ting on yer hp charm = 5 tings on my mp charm

lvl7 rez btw, after I lvl up an atk skill then I'll worry 'bout a heal
  • Sandvich - Dreamweaver
    Sandvich - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Eh, if it takes less than 3 minutes to reach them, I will rez.