Come quick I died

Options

Comments

• NigelDamas - Lost City
    NigelDamas - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Agreed with MntMan on that. I absoloutely detest having people scream-type REZ PLZ!!!! over and over and over and over and over. ( = _ = ) Gets to be terribly aggravating on the nerves.

Usually I'll fly over for a friend if I'm nearby. If it's a good friend, I'll go all across the map. Sometimes though, I'll have a guildy that just keeps screaming for a cleric over and over in faction chat. That gets to be annoying. I really hate having to see other classes whine and bish about losing exp from dying. At my level, .1% = a dozen mobs (give or take). At their level, 1 mob = .1%. b:angry I rarely ever get resed. I'll sit there and politely ask, but the time spent looking for a cleric could be better spent grinding back the lost exp. More mobs = more money drops anyways.

Also, for those of you that die and are willing to wait for the res, ask nicely. A 'please' and 'thank you' goes a long way, the cleric may even buff you if you are polite. On the other hand, REZ PLZZZZZ!!! Will get you nowhere. That is unless, I decide to res solely so that a nearby mob aggros you right after you resurrect. b:laugh
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I carry GA :D
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Thistle_grey - Sanctuary
    Thistle_grey - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    When I first started I met a veno who was like 65 lvl and she helped me through some of my quests so when she called me to come help I went right away. She turned out to be in the swamp area in the Southeast. When I got there I rezzed her then hung around over her head for like an hour keeping her alive. I got a little exp, not nearly as much as she was getting, and a few high level DQ items in return. Since then she'd helped me with Kirxx and I've rezzed her after she died on Broken Bow . . . oops.b:sad
    So, yeah, for friends, I'll go. For people I know, that are on my friends list but i haven't worked a lot with, probably if I am not busy. If they are close enough they come up as white type in chat, I'll go help. That is why I picked a cleric, after all.b:cute
    "Imagination is more important than intelligence."
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    why in the hell would u fly across the map? l2teleport
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ha.. helping people?

What do I look like? A healing slave? psh!!
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    lol Lvl 9, been asked dozen of times. I dont really regret updating it, since whenever I die I try to beg somebody from guild to come get me as well. I don't mind flying across the map, unless I'm in a hurry to finish a quest or almost done & they start saying they are in a hurry.

What annoys me more is when random ppl you never seen before just run up to you go "buff me" b:angry
    why in the hell would u fly across the map? l2teleport
    Cause I'm poor & cheap
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    No because I'm a solo player but unless it's a good friend/guild member or someone polite/nice, I won't be flying across the map to revive someone. I don't mind healing or reviving those around me when they need it. It feels good lending an unexpected hand for someone in need.
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!
  • Azazel - Dreamweaver
    Azazel - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    FC: somebody rez me plz
    /whisper: can you rez me at xxx xxx
    /whisper: are you there?
    ~1 hour later~
    /sorry, was having dinner/watching movie/reading newspaper, you need rez?
    /whisper: nah nvm, it's kool, thx though =)
    /k xD
    Devil incarnation >:}

pfft yea rite as if I can do that, nobody ask me for rez so I don't have to, they have GA all the time :P

PS: GA ON SALE, DON'T MISS IT !!!
  • Samalia - Sanctuary
    Samalia - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i dont stop what im doing to res anyone under any circumstances. if they die very close to me i might drop them a lv 1 res, but thats if theyre lucky :P
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i get asked for rez all the time, but no one has ever asked what level mine is.

Have you ever been asked to fly half way across the world for a revive?

Of course you have.

Answer this poll and leave your thoughts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • BeccaD - Heavens Tear
    BeccaD - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I don't rez unless they're a friend. All others are screwed.b:chuckle
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    For guildies, it's pretty much a no-brainer for me. I didn't max the skill just to say I did b:victory

For friends, I'll usually do it - as long as said 'friends' don't only contact me when they need a res.

I've seen quite a few favors come my way in return for being helpful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • yasii
    yasii Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Mostly only res friends- they usually offer tele money too so thats cool.

Guildies i'd maybe res if they offered tele money and i wasnt doing anything. Anything else- depends on my mood. b:pleased

What i find more annoying these days is getting random invites several times during WQ with pm "buff me plz". b:infuriated
  • akatsukixitachi
    akatsukixitachi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    First off, there are usually enough clerics in the faction that one is nearby for a rez.

Secondly, the lvl range within faction is nice enough that members are grinding/questing in the same area, so less deaths and if there is one there is a cleric

3rd, yes i do happily fly to rez ppl if no one is available (which is almost only when i am nearby) b:chuckle

4th, faction tele b:victory
  • DocHealMe - Heavens Tear
    DocHealMe - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I will rez anyone in my faction if they ask. Others need to be aware that while I have stopped what I am doing and am now en route to where you perished, you need to tell me if someone else has res'd you before I fly all the way there. As I am doing you a favor, please return the respect or you will find me busy next time you ask.

And for all those that ask in general or world chat for a res, here's a great bit of advice - keep in mind that while clerics are awesome they do not have the ability to auto locate dead bodies. If your going to ask for a rez then please give the coords where you are at. You will be amazed at how many more responses you get b:chuckle

P.S. - It's the "buff me" that I hate from random peeps all day long way more than going to rez...
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    agree.

or for the ones that perish, and advice: get some res scrolls and GAs. Stop bothering Clerics for res. They want to lvl up same as we do. I haven't died in a month or so...and I'm by all rules and means a squishie.
    Plus the rest description at lvl 10 is: Decreases potential experience loss from dying by 90%. That 10% is still something at high lvls, so like I've said before, get a damn scroll and GA for the sittuations you get stupid enough to be killed.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    scroll and a ga? 80k~ combo. very expensive. i don't suppose you carry these around?
  • Autumn_Hope - Dreamweaver
    Autumn_Hope - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    With cleric skills so expensive in both coin and spirit I am already way behind in the skills I most want. I look at it this way. Why should I choose to level up the skills that help only other people instead of the ones that keep ME alive? When I die trying to rez someone in a FB...Im losing my xp too, ya know?

I am a helper, thats why I chose cleric, but I AM NOT a door mat. I gladly help anyone close, friends and guildies. I have found there is an incredibly high number of rude people, but i chalk this up to that most are probably teens whose mama's haven't taught them manners yet :)

My biggest gripe........that there is never a cleric around when I need one.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    scroll and a ga? 80k~ combo. very expensive. i don't suppose you carry these around?

always 1 scroll and +10GAs...just in case.
    Haven't use either in more than a month.
    and 80k?uhmm... yeah, let's say 80, it's a good estimate ( you can find for 70k both often) most of the time. That's like what...20-25 high mats? Those come along when WQ/quests, flying here and there for a FB or Boss help. I often do drops to mats/herbs gardens along the WQ paths so that 80k cost and increase in number of GA I have is constant and doesn't make a dent in my wallet.

Res from Cleric is a comodity. I don't like bothering random/guildies for res. It's usefull in TTs and TW, maybe a FB that went wrong. The rest of the time at least at my lvl, one should be aware enough of the sorroundings not to die. If you do die, than consider that 80k loss ( 40k actually, I never use scroll, it's there for "just in case") a punishment for not paying attention to the game b:chuckleb:laugh

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lol. you're pampered by your guild and never have to do anything for yourself. what do u know about the expense of a real player?

whenever i'm called to res someone it's often in the same locations:

somewhere near poison monsters,

the fish around misfortune isles,

and, unfortunately for her, she happened to be doing an air quest in the city of the lost and a wraith invasion happened. her being only a squishy little cleric being attacked by a huge force of level 90 archers that are very aggressive.. things didn't turn out too well.

but of course, she should've known her surroundings and stayed alive somehow right?

you're not even a cleric, the hell do u know about this class?
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Ursa is such a noob, you are an idiot if you honestly gone 1 month without dying.. leave the fb19 cave lol
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary
    NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lmao our curse.
    yup been asked to fly from the swamp all the way up to misfortune of something like that a lot.
    but always asked by friends or guildies who i will gladly go to res because i know they appreciate it and in return try to help me when i need it hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The knife slides down the tip of my tongue.
    I'm finding pleasure in watching you writhe.
    I lean in just to lick the sweat off your face.
    I taste the reverence dripping down my throat.
  • Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear
    Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i have a slave cleric, she sits in my pocket, but for some reason i always have this shock collar around my neck that she has the remote to :p but yes we will fly across the map to res a friend, i feel its the right thing to do :)
  • Haven_fear - Heavens Tear
    Haven_fear - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    im not a cleric but my girlfriend is and we usually go rez
  • peacefulsilence
    peacefulsilence Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'll fly only to res someone once. I learned very quick some people are too defendant on clerics to revive them and will be absolutely reckless with the comfort a Cleric will come res them. Had a guy in my faction, died, I'm like... alright... I was bored, Flew all the way from Valley of Death to Misfortune to res the person. Rezed em, healed, and buffed and started to fly away and had barely crossed the island when in faction I see "res please", same person... So I fly back, this time checking their gear after res, sure enough had no amulet, belt, bracer, or cape. The rings, other armors, and weapon were barely npc impressive. I had just taken flight again no longer cammed on em when what do I see "Res plz", same person. I was like 'f' you', 'afk'. I later came back and clearly stated to him, if he ever asks me to rez him again and he isn't properly geared I will never rez him every again, even if he's right there. Then he goes off about how he can't be like me and have a bunch of rare gears. I which counter pointed about the clear lack of equips, plus all the freebie gear one gets from quests he should have already that are way better then what he was wearing. Not to mention fighting monsters he stood no chance against. He shut up pretty fast. Hasn't asked for a rez since.
  • Constantines - Sanctuary
    Constantines - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    you forgot the option:
    Yes, but i told him to STFU, stop being a badie whos dieing to mobs and just stand up cause his 2% is my .001%

BOOYAHb:laugh
  • Beed - Lost City
    Beed - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Usually I get the little "I OWE U" which turns out to be BS b:angry.
  • Saomuel - Dreamweaver
    Saomuel - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I never got asked to cross the map for a ress. Even by my guildmates.

In my guild people asks for ress based on proximity. If they drop dead, they go to faction chat and type "there is a cleric near [insert corpse location]? I need a ress", and then they wait some cleric to answer. No cleric is demanded to answer, but since the most people - I dare to say everyone - in my guild is very polite, the clerics responds to calls, even when they can't go ("sorry, I'm on TT run/FB/Zhen/whatever" or even "sorry, but I'm at the opposite side of the map").

But, if the dead person is near, stop the grinding and fly about 5 mins to raise my guildmate will not kill me. Actually, in a single boss day my guildies return this favor with a lot of interests. I'm always happy for being able to help em too.

For random persons, I like to lay a ress when I see someone dead. If the person ask nicely, of course.

It's also funny decline a ress request. I often get ress requests from people who KSed me seconds earlier! I just continue what I'm doing and say "KSers belong to the ground" b:laugh Here's a tip: don't mess with a Cleric, cause you never know when you'll need 'em.

Changing topic...

I forgot who did the post earlier, but I agree - I have the same problem with the BOOMs on FB39 sometimes. The problem is not a person trying to tanking all the BOOMs at once, but I get pissed when a squadmate kill a mob and it goes BOOM, and then they engage another mob with half HP left from the previous BOOM. So I have to spam heal and burn my pots/charm to don't run out mana - actually, I run out when we get on the last boss.

I'll try to explain it with full details:

Ironheart Blessing is our main heal skill. It heals someone over 15 sec, and is stackable - it means if the skill heals 100 over 15 secs, I can use it 5 times and the target will be healed 500 over 15 secs. It's just an example.

But stacking burns mana. We stack to keep the HP regeneration higher than the HP loss from mobs attacks. It's needed when the tanker/DDer engages the mob. But, in non-combat conditions, if we lay one or two heals over a target and wait less than 15 seconds, they got full HP again. And we save mana - and the pots, and the charms - for the engaging situations that really need stacking heals.

So, what's the matter with the BOOMs?

I always ask now: "I have a request: when you kill a BOOM, wait full heal before engaging the next BOOM". I'm glad that at least my guildmates do this when I ask. So they lure one BOOM, kills it and BOOM! And some people have HP depleted. So I give em one heal, we wait about 5~10 secs amd they're with full HP again, and I burnt way less mana. Then they engage the next one safely.

Now, what happens if I take a squad full of "Rambos"? So they lure one mob, kill it and it goes BOOM. Then they run through the next one, with half or less HP! So I have to make the HP raise quickly to prevent their deaths when the mob go BOOM, and I have to stack many heals to do so, since their taking damage.
    When they do this, I concentrate myself on the main tanker and only on him. And about the others, I'll just repeat the famous quote said by Ivan Drago from the Rocky IV movie: "if he dies, he's dead".b:cool When the BOOM goes BOOM again, then I raise the Rambos laid on the ground.

Oh my, I just write too much... b:sweat
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Ursa is such a noob, you are an idiot if you honestly gone 1 month without dying.. leave the fb19 cave lol

*shrugs* I haven't died in a good while, 'bout three, four weeks since my last Guardian Angel vanished....save for TW deaths, but those don't count. Y'see, here the thing...I'm a GOOD player. ~.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • _jared__ - Sanctuary
    _jared__ - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Wheres the "Yes, but i lied and said i never learned how to rez"
    b:angryFIRE!!!!! =Ob:angry[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]