become a GM for 1 day

Comments

• Adeacia - Heavens Tear
    Adeacia - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    That's why GMs have normal characters as alts.

If I were a GM for a day, I'd make my forum avatar work. lol :(
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I would..... answer lots of tickets?

but you are GM for everydayb:chuckle
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    but you are GM for everydayb:chuckle

Hah! So true! Well in my capacity it would be: Answer questions and moderate the forums all day.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    wanna trade places? im pretty sure people would love an OCD **** mod.
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hah! So true! Well in my capacity it would be: Answer questions and moderate the forums all day.

I was a Mod in my last game I played... so I can handle the drama... sometimes popcorns help when you laugth.b:chuckle
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Amehlea - Sanctuary
    Amehlea - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    gms are allowed to have alts yes but theyr not allowed to transfer anything from the gm char to the alt so again that powerfull char can only enjoy hi/her self with other GMS to bad it bee so cool to see a GM is all boss fights hehe
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    spawn some harpy wraiths when a KSing happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I would go on a killing spree. My Gush will one-shot the server!!!!!! ^_~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I would hire myself as a permanent GM whose job it was to be online as close to 24/7 and deal with all the people who don't know how to submit a ticket.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    wanna trade places? im pretty sure people would love an OCD **** mod.

I wouldnt mind it. Might shut some people up.

I would wipe every single Territory Map on every server clean, then post an announcement saying "Ooops, I accidentally hit the delete button. My Bad."

Then I would go in the cash shop and make charm packs permanent, dragon orbs cheaper permanently and throw in pages of fate as a perm. item. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Don't get Admins/Mods mixed up with actual in-game GMs. Don't get me wrong, some are, but there are many who are not. They live a rock star life and we keep their info secret. b:pleased

Also don't get Customer Support or Tech Support people mixed up with GMs, Devs, or Admins/Mods. Different duties across the board. There are exceptions, but for the most part the line doesn't get crossed.

It'd be interesting to see someone do our jobs for one day. Especially on Server Maintenance nights (LONG days). muha... muhahahahahahahah b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Don't get Admins/Mods mixed up with actual in-game GMs. Don't get me wrong, some are, but there are many who are not. They live a rock star life and we keep their info secret. b:pleased

Also don't get Customer Support or Tech Support people mixed up with GMs, Devs, or Admins/Mods. Different duties across the board. There are exceptions, but for the most part the line doesn't get crossed.

It'd be interesting to see someone do our jobs for one day. Especially on Server Maintenance nights (LONG days). muha... muhahahahahahahah b:victory

*gasp* GM mispell...

EDIT: HEY! No fair, darth! You cheated, and you know it! It was "out", I swear it was! >.<;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Ayida_ - Heavens Tear
    Ayida_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Everyone would hate me if I had free reign for a day and could do what ever I wanted.

I would toss everyone on PvE servers into PK mode then run around and kill everyone I saw, just for the fun of it.

Give everyone a super cool new mount that went 20.0 then take it away in 2 hours.

Turn all barbs bright pink and give all venos a Nix, sit back and watch all the QQing:)

Ban everyone who annoyes me and thats most everyone on WC, lol.

Do away with teles, impliment a different WC system, one that doesn't cost coin. Instead it would use up exp or spirit, maybe that would keep the idiots away.

Rule the world
  • Divinie - Heavens Tear
    Divinie - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Simple...Id make everyone white-named, make safe zones non-existent for one day, equip myself with a flamethrower and have a ball!

Yes its mean but would be oh so entertaining b:laugh
  • Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I would reset the Territory Map for All 5 Servers and listen to them whine and I would say "shut up, I just brought PvP back to Lost City"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'd spawn countless Ancient Evils in Archosaur West.
  • Topnotch - Heavens Tear
    Topnotch - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Id ban all the HH hackers and botters in harshlands lol :p
    id tele myself to their HH to catch themb:chuckle
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Teleport random people to random places.
    Back.
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I would actually use my GM powers wisely and properly. b:victory

....that and find Kantorek effortlessly whilst invisible. b:sin
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i would make it to where anyone who was afk for a certain time (say 1 hour) they would automatically log off. That would help solve alot of lag for people because others couldnt log on go to work and come back 8 hours later to a fortune that they didnt even play to make.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think thats refered to as the memory leak.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Wilzxen - Heavens Tear
    Wilzxen - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I would remove auction fee in auction hall and remove cat shop/vendor mode option.

This will force everyone to use Auction Hall, so people won't have to leave their char afk in west arch. Reducing lots of lag!

Edited:
    Oh and also make auction hall have the ability to list what items we want to buy, similar to cat/shop feature but in AH.
  • kkammy
    kkammy Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I would Login in to the Game as Administrator , and Patrol every Spawn of the Oracle Mobs for the whole Day .. I would enforce a line and every High lvl a$$hat that came to Break the order trying to run his/her 200 oracles wihout been in line , i would SO gladly ban those for 1 hour and 5 minutes . And yes that would make me so happy for that whole day. Helping noobies FTW!!
  • Kimi - Dreamweaver
    Kimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I would give everyone on DREAMWEAVER a free nine tails mount. b:cute

All the other servers would get 5 Cenminators, 7 Harpy Wraiths, and 18 Jewel Scalens(however you spell it)b:angry

Dreamweaver FTW!b:cute
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I would encourage the use of the word "****" on WC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • killerk1ng
    killerk1ng Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Do you all ever imagine?? All the gms in a office space playing pw and having fun all day! And they get paid for it! A job is something you hate to go to pw is not a job! (Except on maintenance nights) Playing ping pong and smash bros on break time in the game room! Being a gm even for one day to be at there office would be so incredible! And to answer the question I would un ban fredalmighty and you know im not making any suggestions Spoons or Dvorak or someone but that would be really nice and id throw events like save the gm. Thats what id do!
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    me would restrict killerk1ng's forum privileges and close this thread for being a necro.
    b:shocked
    necro
    necro
    necro
    necro
    necro
    necro
    necro
    necro
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sora_Kaiyou - Dreamweaver
    Sora_Kaiyou - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'd permaban all the stupid people from the game. Of course, there'd pretty much be no PWI left after I was done.

Also, I'd fix my avatar from not showing.
  • Nemesyk - Raging Tide
    Nemesyk - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    make all servers pvp

remove all safe zones except etherblade/plume/lost, archo, and 1k

then give up my GM powers so i can go enjoy the new epic pvp
    Retired Character

New main is Alexenokin of Lost City
  • LillyLane - Sanctuary
    LillyLane - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i wouldnt want to be gm for a day. do you see the junk on these forums that spoons deals with on a daily basis? no thanks lol