Do you play the opposite sex?Why?

nator
nator Posts: 39 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Chronicles
In my case is a yes, and why well I like to play female in some games in PW well I'm better customizing a Female than a guy. I'm just bad at it.
War of Immortals
Olympus West Server

ID 7030141G010001089000801S13fb1f
Post edited by nator on

Comments

• Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i dunno. as a girl i like playing a girl character. not to mention it'll be just plain ackward for me when a girl character hits on me... b:bye i dunno. in general you see guys playing female characters more than girls playing male characters =P
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    like some1 said in a similar thread if I have to see an **** going around for hours and hours at least it could be female

note: if there it wasn't a panda barb I would have been a female bm or cleric <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Only on my barb b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • WizaII - Sanctuary
    WizaII - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i prefer the females armors,^.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] thnx to xRiptidex for the draw, to Kieve for the color, and to ForsakenX for the sig, ^^ b:thanks
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    because I dont have **** in RL

(I play with a female wiz), in fact I would like to see a female barb...
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    because things with **** excite me?
  • Venomeow - Sanctuary
    Venomeow - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I play male noob alts because people don't try to hit on me and cop a feel.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    surprisingly this is the first game that I did NOT play the opposite sex. I use to play males just to see how their attitudes are diff. if they think you are the same sex. As a girl in RL, that was a good way to weed out all the bad apples in a potential friendlist back then. For the girl characters it was either that they were flirts or not >.> and being that I wasnt even interested.... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • ChronicDose - Harshlands
    ChronicDose - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I just play a guy character because I am a guy, I would only play a female character if I was forced to.(aka if I had a veno I'd play but one reason why I'd never make a veno main is because it is a girl)

Obviously though, I understand that this is simply my opinion XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesprika - Sanctuary
    Aesprika - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I just play a guy character because I am a guy, I would only play a female character if I was forced to.(aka if I had a veno I'd play but one reason why I'd never make a veno main is because it is a girl)

Obviously though, I understand that this is simply my opinion XD

Its missing the No option in the poll.
  • Garmr - Harshlands
    Garmr - Harshlands Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    5/6 of my characters are female, like me. But I play my male barb a lot. I'd love to see a female barb in the game though. If they ever get released I want a gender changing makeover scroll ^x^
    Leader of Howl on Harshlands (Recruiting.)

"Now Garmr howls loud before Gnipahellir, The fetters will burst, and the wolf run free..."

Howl! The winds of Ragnarok come borne upon this she-wolf's feet.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm a male and I play a male Archer. The reasons why I don't play female characters are pretty much the same as others. For one, I don't want people to try to start chatting only because of the way my character looks, especially since that would most likely mean the more idiotic males. I wouldn't mind it if it remained within the "That's a very nice design, I like the eyes" type of stuff, but that cannot be expected of majority.

One other thing is the limited clothing on females, as I cannot stand the mismatching armors, which was the reason I spent time grinding to get clothes on my archer. With the already limited amount of clothes that I would like, it would be even harder to get the colours I want, which would end up costing time and coins.

Also, the customizations in this game are already pretty amazing, other than the rather limited amount of different hairstyles and facial hair on male characters, so I would probably end up spending hours upong hours perfecting the female character, which is rather troublesome as I haven't even touched most of the adjustments when altering or making my archer.

Then there's the issue with fbs and minibosses. I only started a few months ago, so I don't really have many people who could do stuff like fbs or minibosses. Since my main is an archer, he won't be able to help much past the first one or two fbs, which would mean that the alt would be stuck waiting.

However, I have considered making an alt lowbie character to farm the lower mats that I unfortunately mostly missed on my archer due to leveling pretty fast. Not to mention farming stuff like Element Fragments, which can be sold pretty easily at decent prices, which would definitely be helpful right now. Not to mention all the mid mats that I would absolutely love to have, as my manufacts are way behind due to outleveling the mobs who drop the mats.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    As a male in rl, I usually do play a male character in most games I've played in the past. And I was originally going to make a male for this game as well. But, I changed my mind at the last minute, and made a female, just to be different. And, I personally think it's kind of funny the few times I've been hit on by other guys. I just laugh at them, and go on my way. After all, it's just a game. If I react to one of these people, I'm just playing along, and find it to be fun at times. But that's just me, and I can tell why most wouldn't like doing this. To each his (or her) own, I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    And, I personally think it's kind of funny the few times I've been hit on by other guys. I just laugh at them, and go on my way. After all, it's just a game.
    Play along and give them some trauma ;D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Guy playing as a girl. Mainly because venos can only be female and I heard they were an easy class to start with. I also have a female archer named lkurei (spelled with a lowercase "L" instead of an uppercase "i") that I made as a joke (and a male Ikurei just seemed wrong after I've seen the name floating over a female's head for so long). Any new characters I decide to make later will probably be male though, I'm tired of getting hit on by other guys.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • LiQuidSiLveR - Sanctuary
    LiQuidSiLveR - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Male Archers dont look that good so i decided to play a female char. b:laugh
    b:dirty GIRLS!
  • Baraya - Dreamweaver
    Baraya - Dreamweaver Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Why do guys try to hit on female chars anyway?! What's their guarantee that it's even a girl? For that matter, what will they get out of it? It's just a game. There's no $ex. Are all of these guys 13 years old or just dumb and h0rny?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elomir - Dreamweaver
    Elomir - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I am a boy and i play with male character but i would like to play as veno because i really want to have my own pet.But i dont find nice to play with a girl char...I wish there were Male veno!!!!!!!!!But because there arent....
    Clerics4Life!!!!!!!!!b:laugh
  • XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear
    XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    no male venos and female barbs.

a male veno would look.....

a female barb would look....

you get the point. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]you have just meet death

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

credit to ForsakenX for the sig
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I play....

Veno so no choice
    Barb so no choice
    Male Cleric
    Female Wizard

I mix it up a bit to have fun with both sets of fashions.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Benjabob - Dreamweaver
    Benjabob - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I play a female with a male name because as ive said before. If I have to watch an **** bouncing up and down for hours on end, I want it to be a girls.. that and I like to position the camera to look upskirt...
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    That poll is severely lacking. XD

Sometimes you just want to make characters of both genders. If you read too much into that, I think that's your problem. :P I'm male, I currently have 3 characters of each gender. I've never seen a problem with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Adannedhel - Sanctuary
    Adannedhel - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Why do guys try to hit on female chars anyway?! What's their guarantee that it's even a girl? For that matter, what will they get out of it? It's just a game. There's no $ex. Are all of these guys 13 years old or just dumb and h0rny?

Im a male in rl but I agree with Baraya 100% you guys get nothing out of it...... b:thanks Ironicly Im marryin a girl cleric b:laughb:kissb:victory

wish me luck guys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

and there was adannedhel whom the elves said could not be slain except by mishap or arrow from afar,and became mighty among men and elves

-Silmarillion
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I had a choice to either play a female venomancer, or don't play a venomancer at all. It's as simple as that.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • astelion
    astelion Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I play a male character, as always and as in every mmorpg i have ever played.
    Why? Because i'm male, and my avatar is always an extension of myself... in fact my main character even has my own face.
    I can't even imagine playing a female character, it's just not right.
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Am i detecting a bit of homophobicity in this thread? LOLz

IM a guy playing a female cleric... so what my char looks awesome and if ppl want to hit on me/ give me stuff cause they think im a girl, thats hilarious. Who hits on a group pixels anyway btw? (albeit nice looking pixels :p)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Antaury - Dreamweaver
    Antaury - Dreamweaver Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    astelion wrote: »
    I play a male character, as always and as in every mmorpg i have ever played.
    Why? Because i'm male, and my avatar is always an extension of myself... in fact my main character even has my own face.
    I can't even imagine playing a female character, it's just not right.

LOL u have failed.

but anyways im male irl and i play male chars becoz im **** and i like to see the muscles of my char..... xD jk.... no im not kidding. b:thanks
  • Adannedhel - Sanctuary
    Adannedhel - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Im a male in rl but I agree with Baraya 100% you guys get nothing out of it...... Ironicly Im marryin a girl cleric

wish me luck guys

hahahaha im gettin married to a cleric, and you guys are still bacholers and boy do she look good

adannedhel- will you marry me
    dia- b:cute

adannedhel-b:kiss
    dia-b:kiss

both-b:heart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

and there was adannedhel whom the elves said could not be slain except by mishap or arrow from afar,and became mighty among men and elves

-Silmarillion
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm a guy, I play a Venomancer as my alt. Why the hell not?
    Why is this such a big issue that people think it's so important to make several posts about it? Okay, so you occasionally get a desperate creep hit on you a few times, but that's what blacklist is for... And as long as you make sure everyone knows that you're actually a guy/girl, there's nothing wrong with it.
    Belligero
  • astelion
    astelion Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    LOL u have failed.
    Care to explain why?

It feels wrong for me, but i couldn't care less what other people do.
    Some people like to play mmorpgs as a way to create an alternate personalty, but that doesn't work for me. I play as myself, if you meet me in the game, you are dealing with me, nothing more, nothing less.
This discussion has been closed.