Do you play the opposite sex?Why?

Comments

• rawzon
    rawzon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm a male and i play a female character because there is no male venomancer. this is the first game i can remember playing a female character other then the occasional chun li in street fighter.
  • Topnotch - Heavens Tear
    Topnotch - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Male playing female ofc, remember we are looking at this char alot, and since i dont like looking at men id picked a female char D:
  • Garnetstorm - Harshlands
    Garnetstorm - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    My first ever character on PW was actually a male archer and I chose him for the same reason guys seem to choose to play female chars. I liked looking at a 6-pack rather than ****, but now that I started playing female chars, it's actually proven to me to be easier especially when you want to embrace someone for chi; when you're a girl who asks, it's not as creepy, but when you're a guy, you have to introduce yourself or ask first so they don't think it's too weird. b:surrender
  • nator
    nator Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You can actually know which Female characters are Guys in RL since most F avatar seem like mutants they just look bad you rarely see a good customized character.
    War of Immortals
    Olympus West Server

ID 7030141G010001089000801S13fb1f
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    nator wrote: »
    You can actually know which Female characters are Guys in RL since most F avatar seem like mutants they just look bad you rarely see a good customized character.

That is not perfectly applicable, as there are a lot of guys who put a lot of effort into their customizations. And I bet there are some who base their characters on characters from various sources of visual fiction, such as anime, movies and other games. Heck, the reason I'm still not making a female character is because I'm afraid I would spend hours trying to perfect her.

And I have to say I don't understand the "I look at my character a lot and therefore play the opposite sex" argument. To me, it doesn't seem to make sense, as I think you would want to have the zoom out quite far when looking for herbs grassy patches or trying to see if it's safe to run backwards and not get ganked by a mob. The only time I really find myself looking at my chararacter is when he's flying and even then it's only the face, not the backside. Also, I don't understand why would people say that certain animations, such as some of the Archer ones (Lightning Strike maybe?) look "****". Yeah, he does a little spin and lifts his leg, but I don't see how that is in anyway interpretable as "homosexual".
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Moofles - Sanctuary
    Moofles - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    My main character is a female, cleric. But I do have a male Barbarian(Because thats the only option with those.) and a male archer. I was tired of being bothered by guys depending on which town I was in, and depending on who was there so I made a male character. But sadly I just kind of got the reverse problem. lol.
    If you care about your postal workers, then please stop sending letters to Silent Hill. Good Lord they hate that place.
  • Kimi - Dreamweaver
    Kimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I am a boy and i play with male character but i would like to play as veno because i really want to have my own pet.But i dont find nice to play with a girl char...I wish there were Male veno!!!!!!!!!But because there arent....
    Clerics4Life!!!!!!!!!b:laugh

A male with a fluffy tail and ears but also turns into a fox would be very disturbing.b:surrender
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I play a barb as an alt. That's the only guy character I play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm male but have a veno alt - no choice but to play a fem. Damn annoying though...
  • Eriestrength - Sanctuary
    Eriestrength - Sanctuary Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Guy as my main and since veno only comes in female i guess thats a given.
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Half of my characters are males and noob alts. If there was a male Venomancer, I probably would have made one. I don't like being pedo-ed on.

This way I can do the pedoing. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver
    CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I am a female and only happen to be playing female in PWI. I must say that I cant stand the female clothing! I wish I could wear suits and all the cool stuff the guys can wear. I'm stuck with skimpy clothes that a **** would wear, nothing elegant practically. Bikinis? Give me a break. I just want to wear a dark suit and tie or some beautiiful coat the gents wear.

I am **** and I do not like being hit on by guys. It's annoying to me. More than a few times I thought a guy was picking me up for Chi and then he's smooching all over me. The only good things are that I can be carried and that guys are usually always nice to me. I have gotten free things for no reason. lol.

I only wish I had created a male wizard...hmmm

If I had that makeover scroll, could I change the sex???
  • Monochrom - Sanctuary
    Monochrom - Sanctuary Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    No you can't change the gender with a makeover scroll.

I'm a guy playing a guy, because it feels strange to play a female character for me. Even if they're just pixels.
  • NigelDamas - Lost City
    NigelDamas - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    My main is a male character, and the only female character I play is my veno. I find it quite fun to run around in boxers. I don't get hit on as much as when I have pixelated boobies, and I don't look like a barbie doll.

Other than that though, I do cause quite a bit of confusion. All in good fun though. Although, things do get a bit weird when guys hit on me after finding out I'm a chick irl. b:shocked
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    b:laugh This is a very funny thread so much cybering going on. I gotta say I play a veno but I am a guy.

Quite a few reasons why I have not switched to a guy character:

I love playing a Venomancer its quite fun

People are nice to you if they think there is a chance that you are a girl b:chuckle no joke its a fact. Say someone comes up to you not knowing 100% if your a guy or a girl they tend to differ to you being a girl so they even if they are angry will lighten their tone towards you. Tested

b:cute I rather like dress up O_O yes I am straight -_- I just like customizing things and its easier to do that on a girl base then a guy base because they give the girl more options then a male base. Count the fashion count the number of hair styles and the difference in them you will find more in the female bank then in the male one. ^_^ I have fun with it. I spent a full day on my avi trying to get her right so she is perfect b:kiss she is cute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amarta - Sanctuary
    Amarta - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Play a female because female HA users get the sweetest-looking armors late game.

Plus you can't put purple pigtails on a guy, and I think it's amusing to respond to people who whisper "nice ****." on occassion.
  • sfccrash
    sfccrash Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Depends on my mood for the day, and how long i get to see my fiance for the day as well. I have noticed though that some of the female animations work bette rthen male ones though.

I'm male in rl, my main is a male Archer
    Former L2 player. Hope this one is better with botters, got sick of one person running a full 9 man group.

SFC Crash. formerly of HG on the formally known gustin server of L2.
  • Thiede - Dreamweaver
    Thiede - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm a girl playing a barb. Why? I like barbs.

It's interesting to see the reactions when ppl find out that I'm a girl. I don't offer the information; don't get me wrong, I don't hide it but I don't run around the server screaming "I"M A GIRL!" Evidently, girl barbs are hot...idk...

Either way...it's interesting to see how ppl react when they find out.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Im a guy, with a guy archer.
    Its just that when a girl wears a bikini and gets slashed about 8 times in a row in less than 3 seconds with a dual blade wielding blademaster with huge green glowing swords... >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I played as male barb.. but I haven't chance << tigers are sooo cutie :3

Had male archer/cleric/bm/wiz but I didn't like them so much as barb x3
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • Tamaguchi - Harshlands
    Tamaguchi - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think those who guys who stronly feel that they MUST play a male makes me think they are insecure about themselves. Or they are a male in real life so that means that their manhood needs to carry over.

Anyways, I'm a male who plays a female char.
    1) Female armors look so much damn better than males (every game)
    2) I can't tell what is a good looking male when customizing, but can tell when its a good looking female (all about aesthics man)
    3) I like cybering with idiots and mess with their minds. Would pay to see the looks on their faces.
    4) Staring at a pixelated male **** is a nono, pixelated female **** = very good.
  • Tailzz - Dreamweaver
    Tailzz - Dreamweaver Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i play female because venos can only be females...

I just heard that they level the fastest and make money fast so thats why i am female character
  • deathsoulreaper
    deathsoulreaper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I am a guy wo uses a female avatar , because idk it makes things seem a lil less grinding , when you have somethin pretty to look at . Plus whenever i make a guy avatar they always come out lookin like a barbarian the physical manifestation not the class lol. Plus i get free stuff sometimes but thats my lil secret ^_^ lol.b:laugh
  • deathsoulreaper
    deathsoulreaper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Downside is i get guys who know i am a guy after they ask me whether i am a girl or guy hitting one me >.>
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Only on my barb b:chuckle
    Same. All of my other characters are the same gender as me: female. If I could make a female barb, I probably would have. Although it works out pretty good that my boyfriend (who has almost all female characters, figure that one out) is currently rolling a cleric, so I'm helping him out with my barb ... and giving him rides to places while I'm doing it. b:chuckle

I don't know if it's weird or not to be a male in game with my real life boyfriend's female avatar. b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • TrentReznor - Lost City
    TrentReznor - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i am a female playing a male i only started so i could carry my lower level friends that are female chars. i have another account and i am a veno which is the reason i started playing so i could be a catgirl yaaay. most games i go female its rare for me to be opposite role!
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i am a female playing a male i only started so i could carry my lower level friends that are female chars. i have another account and i am a veno which is the reason i started playing so i could be a catgirl yaaay. most games i go female its rare for me to be opposite role!

holy hell professional necro b:shocked

necro

necro

necro

really should put auto-pruning on this forum T_T
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Wait what? So im g@y because im a guy playing a guy character?
    o_O

EDIT: i knew i saw this thread before. I like seeing necros because it gives me deja vu lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I bet 95% venos are actually Males in rl
  • _icup - Harshlands
    _icup - Harshlands Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i play the same sex I'm a guy duh but sometimes those npc.... omg*wet paints now*
This discussion has been closed.