Why did you choose your name??

Options

Comments

• Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I have a process while choosing my names after creation. It usually takes awhile.

Come up with the first letter of the name while staring at my characters face.

Type in names starting with that letter. Delete most of them.

After about 5-10 names gone through, I stumble upon one that I like, and try it out. This time I even used a name meaning list to help out. I think she was originally supposed to Lauren or something similar, but it was taken.

If the name is taken, go through and edit the name so it sounds similar, but is different enough to be accepted. I went through another 10 or so names before coming to this one. I only accepted it because it was the first version that worked, even if I didn't like it at first. But it's grown on me, and I stand by it now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Wolfieboy - Sanctuary
    Wolfieboy - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I choose my name because i wanted to be a wolfb:laugh. (Obvious)
  • Tala_IaRooga - Heavens Tear
    Tala_IaRooga - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Totally made up on the spot. I normally create game characters from my story characters, but this time it was the other way. Majority of my story characters are male and the few female characters I have didn't seem right. So ya, totally made up.
    Characters:
    -Faction- RedWave

Tala_IaRooga (76) Venomancer (retired) -Marshal-

Andros_Ry (62) Blademaster -Director-

Ajaa (73) Assassin -Leader-

Arael_Mae (23) Cleric -Marshal-
  • McCheddar - Heavens Tear
    McCheddar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It was a nickname from work ;P
  • PandaXpresss - Harshlands
    PandaXpresss - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Was thinking of a funny name for a panda while I was bored... ended up sticking with it
  • GhostDuster - Heavens Tear
    GhostDuster - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
  • Care__giver - Heavens Tear
    Care__giver - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    b:quietI chose my name be cause i wanted a name for my first Wizard so i picked Care__taker then i made this Cleric so i chose Care__giver then i deleted Care__taker then made others and deleted others and now have archer named Care__taker, is very comfusing till u read this over but dont or u will fall asleep oh ya i gots a question if u no wut it says DONT SAY NUTTIN!
    OK here is question: Cna yuo raed tihs?b:worried
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] seriously people
  • Noea - Sanctuary
    Noea - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well my character have to do something with moon. 'LunarRainbow' (Because it was night when i created my character, it was raining outside, and firstable wanted to make an archer so there was a 'bow' for it, and then I came out with LunarRainbow, then noticed the Rainbow. Lunar Rainbow has to looks amazing) , 'KawaiiMoon' (sounds as a lame one - -' Well belive me, it was just combination agin, I didint meant Kawaii as a japanese ' cute'. I meant 'Kawa' , which means coffe in my language and 'i' which means and, but then I thought of a word Kawai+i. Moon, well, I just love the Moon.. so ended with a stupid CuteMoon). Simply - Moonphobic.

Rest of them.. *hmm*

Noea, It's just from name Noe, it reminds me of the big boat and animals, where my character is a tiger, 'a' is because it's the first letter of my RL name.

iBlox, Well, i as 'I' , Blox.. well it supossed to be a Box, but I just added l and I came out with iBlox. :3
  • storiwyr
    storiwyr Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Storiwyr is Welsh for "story teller". I'm a roleplayer and a writer so writing and telling of a story are a couple of my favorites things.
  • Moozka - Sanctuary
    Moozka - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I used to play a AWESOME game called Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst and I had the username Mooze :P too bad Mooze was taken already on my server when I joined this game b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SFCCrash - Dreamweaver
    SFCCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Orriginally i wanted to name myself Crash.... been my nickname since the old days of X-wing vs. Tie Fighter... but of course other people take it so i adde dmy ROTC Rank in front and whalla. ohh and the nick name Crash was given to me when i used to play Flight Simulator on a game of follw the leader through a fully rendered NYC. don;t try and follow me is what i said and they did and wound up in a few heleports. I also used to do it in paris an d fly upsidedown under the Eiffel Tower. some reason it was harder then i ma de it look. LOL.
    SFCCrash
    Former player of L2 with same name on the Gustin Server.
  • XassassinX - Dreamweaver
    XassassinX - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i just like assassins lol :)
  • Itachikun - Lost City
    Itachikun - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Umm... well most people probably know where my name came from. But for those of you who don't, my name derives from the anime/manga Naruto. I liked Itachi Uchiha the character because he was powerful and well known and because he's pretty damn smexi. b:chuckle

p/s. Yes, I'm a girl in real life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I chose my name for comedic purposes...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • sawai
    sawai Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    And I.. like Kelansan already said, just made up mine on a whim. Not the first time I've used it, but yes that is how it was made up

Anna aka Sawai xD
  • _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    _Krue_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    cuz Krue is my IRL name
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಸ_ಸ ~~ Drama-Sauce-Face, 50% ownership to kon ♥♥
  • Megalomania - Harshlands
    Megalomania - Harshlands Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I love the Icelandic word: http://trollchild.blog.is/blog/trollchild/entry/735105/

Word is the headline since i cant use icelandic letters here, Mikilmennskubrjalaedingur.

and it means Megalomaniac in English.
  • Silvatar - Sanctuary
    Silvatar - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I wanted to use the word silver (favourite colour) in my name but every decent word combination I could think of was already taken. So I sat there wondering, "how can I use the word silver with my avatar.... silver and avatar..... sil-vatar.... silvatar... hey! that's not too bad, its pronounceable, easy to type and to remember for other players, and it sounds okay,"..... so Silvatar it became.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It means Tattoo so anyone who reads spanish will know.
    Sounded like a cool name for a Venomancer.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Ephemerra - Heavens Tear
    Ephemerra - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Because, I don't like having names like 'xXx_LeGoLaS_xXx' or 'iPwnJoohard'

For no particular reason, I was reading a haiku about the sakura the day before and it's a play on the words I just removed the 'L'
    when I got used to PWI, I used Chinese-themed stuff for some of my other Characters : ) because WanMei is a chinese game afterall.
    shuejing wrote: »
    Well mine in-game is Ming Yu, which a friend of mine suggested...and honestly, I have no idea what it means, or maybe I did before but I just forgot.

'Bright Jade' maybe. It can have other meaning too. 'Yu' can also mean feather, if I'm not mistaken, Winged-Elf themed :P
  • WickedSwords - Heavens Tear
    WickedSwords - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Origins of my name...Well in other mmorpg's i always used name Clay(short from Claymore(dedicated to both anime named Claymore and the name of zweihander sword.),but since Clay was already taken i had to think of some original name that isn't taken already so i thought of WickedAlbel(character name from Star ocean 3(but then again since i read rules of conduct i thought it might be too offending to GM's so they might ban my name.),in the end it finally came since i from the start already wanted to be dual wield blademaster with swords i decided to call my character WickedSwords(product of my original idea with choice of my class and i guess it worked out nicely in the end :P.)
    So this name i started using quite often in other mmorpgs now xD.
    That should be a bit of my in game name history and origins of its creation :P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BluntAxe - Heavens Tear
    BluntAxe - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I suck making names cause they think I'm not creative, they think I'm not good enough, they think I wouldn't kill them, but I DID! heheheHEHEHEHEHHAHAHAHA*cough*AHA*cough*

*then BluntAxe went insane*
  • Nephili - Harshlands
    Nephili - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Most of my names come from angels, like Seraphiel, Asmodial, Gazardial, Gavreel... Though, my two favorite names, Akechi and Nitenichi. The first comes from Akechi Mitsuhide a Samurai who betrayed Oda Nobunaga and caused him to kill himself... Nitenichi stems from a style of swordsmanship taught by Musashi Miyamoto who was another samurai, Nitenichi translate to "two heavens as one" which is why i named my bm that(he's going to duel wield)
    Well, i don't think anyone cared about my characters, but i'm bored, so there you have it.

~N~
  • Elfaria - Dreamweaver
    Elfaria - Dreamweaver Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    My favorite PS2 game of all time, Odin Sphere.
    I really like Queen Elfaria so I chose this name.

I wouldn't label myself as "Queen" though. b:surrender

EDIT - I rather not have a name like Naruto9293 or XLegolasX.
    Be creative, be unique. ;)
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Coz I have a tail... which looked slightly snake-like. Ophida is a suborder of snakes.

Also:
    Ophidian = "of or like a snake" - I have Ophidia too, just ran with Ophida as my main
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    EDIT - I rather not have a name like Naruto9293 or XLegolasX.
    Be creative, be unique. ;)

Or Gandalf1337? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • player38452
    player38452 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I simply had an erection at the time...................................TEeHeE
  • Ryo_Hazuki - Lost City
    Ryo_Hazuki - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I used to play a AWESOME game called Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst

Best MUD ever.
    Owner of MadAngels Lost City Faction.
    MadAngels Forum at sonictheplumber.com/forum
  • Creeep - Harshlands
    Creeep - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    cuz im epic fail ^_^

.. .
  • Tekualcano - Harshlands
    Tekualcano - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    It's made up. Made it to sound and look aztec/maya. Mix between Tlaloc the god of tempest(cleric->lighting spells, duh) and Kukulkan the winged serpent god (cleric->wings). I think it fits my char.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PWI forum nerfed my signature...b:angry
This discussion has been closed.