Mount idea!

Hycinth - Dreamweaver
Hycinth - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Suggestion Box
Ok I know there are some other threads with this idea, but not really elaborated upon. So I'm posting my idea. Please Vote yes if you like it or No if you don't and a lil blurb as to why or something. Lets get this and other ideas out there!

Ok so here is my idea: I was thinking a Pegasus mount would be fun. You can ride it like the normal horse mounts but with a double click to space bar you jump into the aire and the Pegasus spreads his wings and begins to fly. He can double as both a land mount and air. It would great if you made him in white with an icy aura around his feet and little snow flake particals. Or black would be cool as well. Have a fog or darker aura follow him.

Also I know the game is chinese baced. But i would love it if you could make it so females can give males rides and other fems rides. Same for male giving guys rides. I know this is probably a lot of work but the whole of pw would love those options for the riding. Maybe have the passenger behind the one who owns it, hands resting on the Pegasus' back?

(As for the landing problem it could be the same as your hot key fly/land or a double space bar tap to land as well)
Post edited by Hycinth - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I like the idea but since the flying mounts are specific by class, Untamed have animals, Human with swords and Elves with wings it would make everyone like the untamed race by flying on animals
  • Hycinth - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    True. Maybe they can start a new class for riding/flying stuff. Land mounts are animals too so its already kinda like that, minus the flying part thus far. Though if you wanna think bout it, its more like untamed/elf ^_^ Untamed with horse and wings with elf <.<; Ty for pointing that out though, I was more consernd with the idea n the riding part ^_^
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Very nice idea...but...no. Everything we get is from PW China...if they don't have it, we won't, either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Hycinth - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    maybe for now. but it don't mean things can't change. If enough people see this and like it there is always a chance.
  • Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver
    Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    There's all class pets, and all class mounts, so I don't see why there couldn't be an all-class flying mount. And a dual land/flying one would definitely sell well.
    I know I'd buy one!b:pleased
  • thedarkwithin
    thedarkwithin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'd find it quite nifty. Due the fantasy type theme around the game, this would be a nice addition. Though, any ideas on what the flying/land speed would be?
  • Hycinth - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    No. but probably the same as the horses now. bout 8.0-9.0 maybe a bit faster since it would be a duel use one. maybe 9-10 land and a lil faster in air.
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It would have to be slower in the air like 2.5 - 3.0 since the current flying mounts spurred only fly at max of 3.0
  • Hycinth - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    true. they could make it like the razor sting so you dont have to spur it. or maybe only spur once.
  • ExoKillr - Heavens Tear
    ExoKillr - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    pegasus would be awesome... but like others have said. that would be a untamed mount... but hmmm wuts next for humans... another veggie?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].
  • Hycinth - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    lol. I kinda like the gourd. And you never know. the pegasus could be made cll class. After all, it would be part land mount. To make up for it, im sure pw could make it req. lvl of 40 or so.
  • Sumerisle - Dreamweaver
    Sumerisle - Dreamweaver Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    cool idea! i dun know if the devs in china read the suggestions here or how the ideas here are filtered to them though. regardless, this would take a lot of coding on the devs part so it might be awhile before this idea is implemented.
    Believe, level 2 Dreamweaver faction recruiting all classes. PM me in-game or drop me a message for more info!
  • Hycinth - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    True. but thats why this thread and poll is here. So the ones that do read this can see others like the idea and hopefully get it to those who can make it part of the great virtual reality that is Perfect World.
  • Hycinth - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Ty so much for the supportive votes thus far, please continue to vote and tell friends about this ^_^ And comments are always welcome.
  • Kei_Letal - Dreamweaver
    Kei_Letal - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Mmm, maybe another thought on the subject, a lot of newer mounts have a glowing effect, such as the new Boa, Goldmane Lion, etc. Well, the Pegasus being very mystical and known as a legendary creature, shouldn't it glow as well?

Just thought this idea might be thrown in there ^_^ give the horsie a more... heavenly effect.
    "The moon rises, the rain falls... A most beautiful sight..."
  • Hycinth - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    true. But thats where the glow around the feet would come from and the particals. Glowing is nice but it gets kind of annoying in my opinion. A faint glow might be pretty, just nothing major like the Purgitory lion.
    edited July 2009
    true. But thats where the glow around the feet would come from and the particals. Glowing is nice but it gets kind of annoying in my opinion. A faint glow might be pretty, just nothing major like the Purgitory lion.

Mmm, agreed. If my armor glowed more than it did already, and left a trail at that, it would rather annoy me. Just little sparkles then?

Now, as for what race can use this mount, to be honest, it should be the first all-class mount. It'd be quite nice if all the races could atleast share SOMETHING in common. And if they did that, it means less programming for them, due to not having to make 3 mounts, rather, just make one.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If it's a rare flying mount and a rare riding mount rolled into one, I'd assume they would price it appropriately. I can't see myself spending 80-100$ on a mount, personally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Hycinth - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Yes, armor glowing is bright already and looks cool. but a trail would be a bit much. A glwo would be nice if it was like the White Dq horse. hugs close though not have sparkles, would take away form the little effects. As to it being for all class, that would be great. Specially sicne its part land as well.

And the less work for the devs etc, the better. Beside if one is white and the other is black, you have a bit of a selection too.
    edited July 2009
    Now, another thing that may come up. It being a land and flying mount, would it not be fed for the loyalty, speed, and knockdown percentage as regular land mounts? With that question asked, what would it eat? I would only merely assume Greens, and Pure Water.

I still kind of wonder why the Vicious Raptor eats Greens....
  • Hycinth - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Raptors need ruffage too. As for the speed etc. I would think so to increase speed on the ground and all as well as loyalty. While in the air it wouldnt really matter with that though. And Probably greens, water etc. Seeing as horses are herbavores. (nto sure i i spelled that right)
  • AnonYnys - Sanctuary
    AnonYnys - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Sweet idea... seriously it is. I was thinking more along the lines of a Griphon <--- I probably didnt spell that correctly.
  • Neolithe - Dreamweaver
    Neolithe - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hmm... a land mount that can fly sounds pretty cool. The two colors is also a good idea.
    Maybe you can give it a flight meter to balance it's ability to fly? Perhaps with added levels and loyalty, it could fly longer? Just my opinion.
    Flying land mounts would add to TWs as well.
  • Hycinth - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Sweet idea... seriously it is. I was thinking more along the lines of a Griphon <--- I probably didnt spell that correctly.

there is a Griphon mount, but only for untamed form pictures ive seen on a fan site.

As to the flight meeters, that would be interesting but how much would it help? I would think the less there is to deal with the better. But it could have something like that to where the loyalty COULD increase the flight speed, like widgets do for aero gear. Exp increses ground speed and loyalty could increase aero speed to what it is for maxed out aero mounts possibly.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    true. they could make it like the razor sting so you dont have to spur it. or maybe only spur once.

How would you tell it to fly instead of run on land? For land you have to hatch egg, for fly you put it in inventory slot, so how would you deal with this on the mount? Also, you can fight in flying mounts but not on ground mounts, would that still apply? So you could run around, than press fly, cast away like mad, than kite using the faster land speed?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Hycinth - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    You would tell it to fly with a doule tap to the space bar or by equpping it to a hot key.

As to egg or not. that depends on how pw wants to market it really. Having it in inventory would make it a lot easier then tryign to make a new space to put it in an already full pet bad or not, depending upon your class.

Also seeing as it would be part flying, one would think they would keep the traditional fighting in the air. As people would be a bit testy if they had to keep more thenone mount in inventory to accomplish this task. Then once done land again and run off, keeping the same limits as a land would so you are unable to cast etc.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You would tell it to fly with a doule tap to the space bar or by equpping it to a hot key.

As to egg or not. that depends on how pw wants to market it really. Having it in inventory would make it a lot easier then tryign to make a new space to put it in an already full pet bad or not, depending upon your class.

Also seeing as it would be part flying, one would think they would keep the traditional fighting in the air. As people would be a bit testy if they had to keep more thenone mount in inventory to accomplish this task. Then once done land again and run off, keeping the same limits as a land would so you are unable to cast etc.

That sounds good.... Not sure about the fighting in the air, since all the animations, atm, are based on the character being standing up. I guess once you got it in the air, it could move you so you would be standing on the pegassus....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Hycinth - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    this is true. some how it'll work out for the best. the standing on it would be pretty cool in battle tho <.< then to ride it other wise.
  • Lastmemories - Dreamweaver
    Lastmemories - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    yeah is good ideea

b:heart
    but...
    Don't forgot to smile, in the bad daysb:cute
  • Hycinth - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    but? What part isnt agreeing well?