LA wizards rock

Options
Zephaniah - Harshlands
Zephaniah - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Wizard
Lol i think that Light Armor (LA) rock. lol good pdef and a pretty high mdef make it really likeable especially in solo build every lvl 3 mag. 1 dex and 1 str.b:laugh
Keep your friends close but, your enemies closerb:laughb:victory
Post edited by Zephaniah - Harshlands on

Comments

• Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yep yep...........
    Quit.
  • Abysm - Heavens Tear
    Abysm - Heavens Tear Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    thirded~~~
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yup, yup, they are like a rock.
    u can use them to throw them against another classes. like a genie skill. might help in DD.b:chuckle

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yup, yup, they are like a rock.
    u can use them to throw them against another classes. like a genie skill. might help in DD.b:chuckle

LA DD isnt that bad.
    i steal aggro more......especially those times when i crit 5 times in a row....

0.2% xp loss b:cry
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    LA DD isnt that bad.
    i steal aggro more......especially those times when i crit 5 times in a row....

0.2% xp loss b:cry

Arcane Wizards don't need crits to steal aggrob:victory
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Arcane Wizards don't need crits to steal aggrob:victory
    Followed by a quick death XD
    Quit.
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    pure build wizards ROCK AND ROLL b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Lol i think that Light Armor (LA) rock. lol good pdef and a pretty high mdef make it really likeable especially in solo build every lvl 3 mag. 1 dex and 1 str.b:laugh

hehe..i totally.. agr-disagree!!!! every tried a prue wizzys dmg? in pve u pure wizys dont need hp or def cuz u can kill the mob b4 it gets to u, in pvp, well if u made a wizzy ur playing till the end and by then u'll be doing 3ks easy on others with gush phy def comes from gems and hp comes from refining i say if u are gona sacrifice dmg for def, hp and crit rates go make an archer b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Followed by a quick death XD

ok why try and steal agro in the first place >,< or just get a barb with chi, i was doing 53k non crits and i never got agro in fb 59
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ok why try and steal agro in the first place >,< or just get a barb with chi, i was doing 53k non crits and i never got agro in fb 59

53k non critsb:shocked

How?
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Heavens Flame+A high leveled ulti.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    hehe..i totally.. agr-disagree!!!! every tried a prue wizzys dmg? in pve u pure wizys dont need hp or def cuz u can kill the mob b4 it gets to u, in pvp, well if u made a wizzy ur playing till the end and by then u'll be doing 3ks easy on others with gush phy def comes from gems and hp comes from refining i say if u are gona sacrifice dmg for def, hp and crit rates go make an archer b:angry
    Didnt I kill you in like two hits when I was still LA at 89?
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Guardgodess - Sanctuary
    Guardgodess - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i agree LA build is nicer than pure build.

yes, i do acknowledge that pure build give you nice damage and is able to kill the target before getting hit, BUT that's for grinding only. if you want to grind your way to the top without any fbs, TT, rebirth, zhen... by all means, go for it.

if, however, you do want to get into squads for doing the activities listed above, you will want to go light armor, as you CAN NOT kill those nasty bosses and have all those mobs killed before they hit you. you will need the extra protection from light armor to survive. well, unless you are stupid and want to add vit.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options

yes, i do acknowledge that pure build give you nice damage and is able to kill the target before getting hit, BUT that's for grinding only. if you want to grind your way to the top without any fbs, TT, rebirth, zhen... by all means, go for it.

if, however, you do want to get into squads for doing the activities listed above, you will want to go light armor, as you CAN NOT kill those nasty bosses and have all those mobs killed before they hit you. you will need the extra protection from light armor to survive. well, unless you are stupid and want to add vit.

which is why i am LA, im not adding vit
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options

read seraphim's guide.
    I have enough pdf to do(and I did) all listed above and where u really need pdef def is: RB and Zhen ( and Zhen is basically over after 80 untill you've done fishing, and that's well into the 90s). in RB , when the def auras were close to max I had 8.5k pdef.
    In TW if u're not a pure to be able to take down cata-pullers and BM/archers in 2 shots, you're basically useless. Survivability? U don't need to trade dmg for survivability. U need to kill stuff before they can kill u. At 79 u get 2 of the most powerful skills in the game - Undine and Soporific. U need to have fire power to take out whoever u want to take out in that 8-9s span that those 2 spells will give you( well, about 6-7s actually). And that's without relying on lucky crit to finish the job. I died once in last 3 TW, that one time being killed by Lecutus's Nix and being tanked by a BM and Archer in the same time.
    I have maybe 400HP less than a good geared LA wizz and about 6-8% pdef reduction less. That means what, tanking one more hit if u are LA? But I can kill in at least one less hit. All my crits on SS and SR are 1 shot if it's not a 80+ BM or 75+ barb. Pyro and Gush critted in the TW last night for 3.2 and 3.3k, with no undine or anything, on 70+ archers.

Robe wizz is the smart way to play. LA wizz is the cozy way to play.

PS: In TW I tank a ~90lvl BM and ~7x-80 archer, get out of the stun lock at kill them both. How u might ask? well, not that hard when u have 4k+ HP barb buffed and archer does about 70-120 dmg and BM about 40-70. Being a wizz = be smart, play smart, use all tools at your disposal.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Levoden - Heavens Tear
    Levoden - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I agree with Ursa, I prefer pure mag builds.

I've been light armor from lv 1 - lv 35, and I wasn't happy that archers were doing the same (or sometimes more) damage per second than I was; I had a pretty good 3 star magic wep at that time too.

I decided to reset and try a pure mag build and it's been working pretty well.
    Of course phys. def is a problem for all arcane characters, but I try to use phys. def belts/amulets and get my hands on any good arcane gear to raise phys. def. Shards help a lot too.

I'm lv 55 with 1510 HP (no vit points added, except for some equip modifiers), and I can take some hits moderately well with all the phys. def add-ons.
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    too bad pve is boring as ****, have fun being one shot while wearing a skirt in robe pvp pre 90 b:surrender
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    so is being trolled
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    read seraphim's guide.
    I have enough pdf to do(and I did) all listed above and where u really need pdef def is: RB and Zhen ( and Zhen is basically over after 80 untill you've done fishing, and that's well into the 90s). in RB , when the def auras were close to max I had 8.5k pdef.
    In TW if u're not a pure to be able to take down cata-pullers and BM/archers in 2 shots, you're basically useless. Survivability? U don't need to trade dmg for survivability. U need to kill stuff before they can kill u. At 79 u get 2 of the most powerful skills in the game - Undine and Soporific. U need to have fire power to take out whoever u want to take out in that 8-9s span that those 2 spells will give you( well, about 6-7s actually). And that's without relying on lucky crit to finish the job. I died once in last 3 TW, that one time being killed by Lecutus's Nix and being tanked by a BM and Archer in the same time.
    I have maybe 400HP less than a good geared LA wizz and about 6-8% pdef reduction less. That means what, tanking one more hit if u are LA? But I can kill in at least one less hit. All my crits on SS and SR are 1 shot if it's not a 80+ BM or 75+ barb. Pyro and Gush critted in the TW last night for 3.2 and 3.3k, with no undine or anything, on 70+ archers.

Robe wizz is the smart way to play. LA wizz is the cozy way to play.

PS: In TW I tank a ~90lvl BM and ~7x-80 archer, get out of the stun lock at kill them both. How u might ask? well, not that hard when u have 4k+ HP barb buffed and archer does about 70-120 dmg and BM about 40-70. Being a wizz = be smart, play smart, use all tools at your disposal.

LA isnt all bad pvp wise
    i do 200 less damage than when i was pure.

pve wise LA sucks balls

but i refuse to add vit :3

just about everything you said i have done
    when i crit something gets one shotted
    having fun in SP with a lvl 76 barb crit barb one shotted...
    double spark sandstorm crit on a BM = 7k crit

i laugh as clerics spam plume shot on me doing 500 damage while my sandstorm is hitting them for 2.5k+

i never said LA was better than pure. but for RB im going LA cause i simply refuse to add vit.

HP as pure:2.2k
    HP as LA: 2.8k
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    well, if u can live in RB from 76 through 85, good luck on LA. True, you'll have higher HP pool and most of the aggro will go to archer (lol).
    Like I've said above, LA is the cozy way to go. U have a little bit of all, just less dmg. In PvP the dmg is less now, cause u haven't hit 80s. when you'll have undine and a +6 Yaksa like I do that 200 will become 400 and more/shot, and will make the difference between killing an archer/bm before they stun u or having to go through another stun/stun lock to live.
    And Mizou, honestly, u should stop PK in SP. PK somwhere u can move 3D, SP is PK heaven for melee/archers.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear
    Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

You try and steal aggro to flaunt utter wizarding badass-ness. Also, if you have just leveled with no percentage towards your next level or have angels with you, and you just happen to be in a horrible, mean party, you draw aggro. Doing this kills you, then the mobs would go to the clerics, and without the clerics, everyone else would die. (I wouldn't really want to do the second option, just because that would be horrible.)

And to actually make a post that's relevant to the topic. I think that LA is only good for PvP. It was decent in PvE for me for a while, but then I restatted. I'm still restatting, though (dropping str from 52, and probably some extra dex.)
    [sigpic] [/sigpic]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    well, if u can live in RB from 76 through 85, good luck on LA. True, you'll have higher HP pool and most of the aggro will go to archer (lol).
    Like I've said above, LA is the cozy way to go. U have a little bit of all, just less dmg. In PvP the dmg is less now, cause u haven't hit 80s. when you'll have undine and a +6 Yaksa like I do that 200 will become 400 and more/shot, and will make the difference between killing an archer/bm before they stun u or having to go through another stun/stun lock to live.
    And Mizou, honestly, u should stop PK in SP. PK somwhere u can move 3D, SP is PK heaven for melee/archers.

thats why i PK there, melee/archers are so much easier b:laugh
    stun pots FTW
    actually i like the crit LA has

dont worry ursa as soon as i hit 86 im restating back to pure and going fishing b:cool
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    lmao started a LA wiz in the sanc server, they do rock!
  • GraveDigger - Dreamweaver
    GraveDigger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    They do rock and and ursa when u said between smart and cozy lets just think in PvP terms. Smart=one shotted in PvP TWs by archers(sure u might get the chance to murder the archer but very seldom especially if the archer attacks first) Cozy= Not one shotted enough time to see where ur getting attack from and u still do enough damage to hurt archers and BMs really bad.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    They do rock and and ursa when u said between smart and cozy lets just think in PvP terms. Smart=one shotted in PvP TWs by archers(sure u might get the chance to murder the archer but very seldom especially if the archer attacks first) Cozy= Not one shotted enough time to see where ur getting attack from and u still do enough damage to hurt archers and BMs really bad.

I'm still waiting to be 1 shoted in TW/PvP(DT). 82 lvls and going.
    Archers my lvl need 1 crit and 3 hits to take me down if they are lucky.
    Sure, archers might one-shot poorly equipped robes ( not sharded, not refined, etc). But Mizouni is 1 shotting barbs, so yeah, players that have nothing to do with the game can be found playing all classes.
    Last TWs biggest crit an archer had on me was around 900. I can easily take more than 4 of those full buffed, charmed even more and let's not bring genies and potions into discussion. Ask Armagedon archers how they felt when they were hitting me for 80-120 HP/shot, 120 being crit.

LA is an option, never denied it. on PvP server u need it until at least 80, 85 if going for RB. On PvE server playing LA from my PoV is a mistake.

I don't pretend I know it all, but I base my arguments on 90+ wizards on my server that were very successful as robes. Read Seraphim's guide and stop being so ignorant considering every robe a 1 shot.

One cannot compare PvE and PvP server builds, that's totally wrong.
    And I'm keeping my point: Robe is full out maxed dmg, expensive way to play a Wizz. LA is the cozy way of having a good equipped wizz with decent survivability unsing a minimum amount of coins.
    I would say go LA if u dont know the game mechanics. For a beginer is a good way to survive. Go robe if u know the game, u know what u can do or u have a herc veno that can supply the cash. Robe is how the wizz shines, but comes with a price.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yeah 90+ Arcane seems the best choice. My survivability is similar to what it was, only slightly less defense, from 5k to 4.2k, and my gear isn't done yet. My HP went from 3.5k to 3.9k, and an extra 3k mdef. Definately worth it considering the power boost that comes along with it. With a new cape/necklace I'll reach 4.4k pdef and 4.1k HP easily, which is good enough.

And dunno, the 9x Light Armor wizards on my server are all horrible, and they die really easily. There's only one that doesn't die easily and that's because he spams pvp pots.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I have 4.1 k pdef right now self buffed, 5k with cleric buff and +6k with BM buff with 3.1k hp unbuffed and 4k Buffed. But I'm usually walking around with 2.9k HP and ornaments that give me an aditional -10% channeling and about 200-250 magic attk.
    U still have to refine/shard, your numbers will grow very fast soon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm still waiting to be 1 shoted in TW/PvP(DT). 82 lvls and going.
    Archers my lvl need 1 crit and 3 hits to take me down if they are lucky.
    Sure, archers might one-shot poorly equipped robes ( not sharded, not refined, etc). But Mizouni is 1 shotting barbs, so yeah, players that have nothing to do with the game can be found playing all classes.
    Last TWs biggest crit an archer had on me was around 900. I can easily take more than 4 of those full buffed, charmed even more and let's not bring genies and potions into discussion. Ask Armagedon archers how they felt when they were hitting me for 80-120 HP/shot, 120 being crit.

LA is an option, never denied it. on PvP server u need it until at least 80, 85 if going for RB. On PvE server playing LA from my PoV is a mistake.

I don't pretend I know it all, but I base my arguments on 90+ wizards on my server that were very successful as robes. Read Seraphim's guide and stop being so ignorant considering every robe a 1 shot.

One cannot compare PvE and PvP server builds, that's totally wrong.
    And I'm keeping my point: Robe is full out maxed dmg, expensive way to play a Wizz. LA is the cozy way of having a good equipped wizz with decent survivability unsing a minimum amount of coins.
    I would say go LA if u dont know the game mechanics. For a beginer is a good way to survive. Go robe if u know the game, u know what u can do or u have a herc veno that can supply the cash. Robe is how the wizz shines, but comes with a price.

have you ever gone against an archer considerably higher level than you? Not easy to do as robes. I had pretty decent robe gear giving me 1.6k pdef unbuffed, 3.2k buffed, 4k cleric, 5k BM. And im not using yaksa or :3

as LA my pdef gaing was amazing. 2.5k unbuffed, 5k buffed, 6k cleric, 7k BM.
    fully buffed. an lvl 88 pure dex archer (and i mean the guy had dex on everything O.o) hits me for 600 damage. An archer around my level hits me for 300-400. BMs are a joke now, barbs are easy kills cause if they arent doing mediocre damage they are missing me.

Are you saying i cant one shot a barb?
    i have a policy, SS or BS.
    good thing i got a SS.
    I have 4.1 k pdef right now self buffed, 5k with cleric buff and +6k with BM buff with 3.1k hp unbuffed and 4k Buffed. But I'm usually walking around with 2.9k HP and ornaments that give me an aditional -10% channeling and about 200-250 magic attk.
    U still have to refine/shard, your numbers will grow very fast soon.

i have little better stats than you and im not using yaksa, armor of grieving sorrow and im still using lvl 64 wristguards :3

once i finish refining and getting everything sharded up hopefully i should have 3.5k-4k HP
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yeah, u will have a lot of pdef, and around 6k all that becomes useless.
    from 6k to 7k u will have what? 2% dmg reduction? lol.
    True, u will have more HP, but that LA will make u a 2 shot for Clerics and Wizards. Under 90 Undine + LA on a wiz = dead wiz, no matter how much HP u have.
    Yeah, I tanked archers higher than me, no prob, not once.
    You dont have better stats than me, u have more pdef and a little more HP. That helps u a little when you're out there alone in PvP. How much time that happens in PvE server ... b:chuckle
    Both buffed(TW/DT/PvP ganks), from a good opponent u just became a toy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]