LA wizards rock

Options
2»

Comments

• Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm now thoroughly convinced that Dreamweaver's archers suck saltyballz if their crits are hitting a lv. 82 robbed mage for 900 then LOL b:laugh. If you've never been one-shotted then you've never fought a good archer.

I'm also beginning to think that Pandora rerolled on DW with another female mage (ursa) and is up to the same old same old "I argue with everybody over everything I am so much better than you..." forum trolling. (just my 2cents though).

Damage comes from weapons; m.attack on pure mages is not that much greater (1,000 difference w/ each 100 magic difference). The only skills where straight m.attack changes things are those that have no weapon damage % modifiers (like hailstorm, emberstorm, DB, etc.). In rebirth (ok 1 for 1 on gamma so far) I have no problem keeping what little aggro I need with the monster crits I drop (but lol again... mage taking aggro = partywipe, that's why we have a WR & WB in the squad).

idk how refined your gears are ursa but damn... that's some nice **** if you have 6k+ def fully buffed. But heck, just to feed my epeen: i have 5.9k fully buffed & 3400 HP buffed, and that's without having refined any gears or even added anything other than avg. citrines (saving up to restat at 85 with FC gears).

edit: i had 6.4k def w/ just BM buff... ill check full buffs tomorrow (7k or so?).
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm still waiting to be 1 shoted in TW/PvP(DT). 82 lvls and going.
    Archers my lvl need 1 crit and 3 hits to take me down if they are lucky.
    Sure, archers might one-shot poorly equipped robes ( not sharded, not refined, etc). But Mizouni is 1 shotting barbs, so yeah, players that have nothing to do with the game can be found playing all classes.
    Last TWs biggest crit an archer had on me was around 900. I can easily take more than 4 of those full buffed, charmed even more and let's not bring genies and potions into discussion. Ask Armagedon archers how they felt when they were hitting me for 80-120 HP/shot, 120 being crit.

I have to lol at archers hitting you for 90-120 damage. And was it BMs that hit you for 60-70? I have 8k pdef fully buffed in robes and 9x archers with +5/+6 weps hit me for 700-1000 damage non-crit.
    What exactly is the average level of Armagedon? 5x?
    I like pie
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yeah, u will have a lot of pdef, and around 6k all that becomes useless.
    from 6k to 7k u will have what? 2% dmg reduction? lol.
    True, u will have more HP, but that LA will make u a 2 shot for Clerics and Wizards. Under 90 Undine + LA on a wiz = dead wiz, no matter how much HP u have.
    Yeah, I tanked archers higher than me, no prob, not once.
    You dont have better stats than me, u have more pdef and a little more HP. That helps u a little when you're out there alone in PvP. How much time that happens in PvE server ... b:chuckle
    Both buffed(TW/DT/PvP ganks), from a good opponent u just became a toy.

all that pdef means i can focus on HP.
    but citrines are a pain in the behind to buy :3
    I'm now thoroughly convinced that Dreamweaver's archers suck saltyballz if their crits are hitting a lv. 82 robbed mage for 900 then LOL b:laugh. If you've never been one-shotted then you've never fought a good archer.

I'm also beginning to think that Pandora rerolled on DW with another female mage (ursa) and is up to the same old same old "I argue with everybody over everything I am so much better than you..." forum trolling. (just my 2cents though).

Damage comes from weapons; m.attack on pure mages is not that much greater (1,000 difference w/ each 100 magic difference). The only skills where straight m.attack changes things are those that have no weapon damage % modifiers (like hailstorm, emberstorm, DB, etc.). In rebirth (ok 1 for 1 on gamma so far) I have no problem keeping what little aggro I need with the monster crits I drop (but lol again... mage taking aggro = partywipe, that's why we have a WR & WB in the squad).

idk how refined your gears are ursa but damn... that's some nice **** if you have 6k+ def fully buffed. But heck, just to feed my epeen: i have 5.9k fully buffed & 3400 HP buffed, and that's without having refined any gears or even added anything other than avg. citrines (saving up to restat at 85 with FC gears).

edit: i had 6.4k def w/ just BM buff... ill check full buffs tomorrow (7k or so?).

im not sure what archers she are going against, i went against some pretty decent ones though.
    lots of fun :3
    I have to lol at archers hitting you for 90-120 damage. And was it BMs that hit you for 60-70? I have 8k pdef fully buffed in robes and 9x archers with +5/+6 weps hit me for 700-1000 damage non-crit.

4x, 5x somewhere around there :3
    now its 6x but when her faction attacked them hey didnt have too much high levels :3
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

I said before and I'm saying again: a wizard has to be smart.
    I'm not going to give all the details here of how that 50-120 dmg happens, and unfortunately until the next TW I don't have the screenshots to prove it. But I will try to get the SS and post them here.

Ty, I always respected your opinions coming from a lvl 99 wizard, and I'm giving the same attention and respect to every decent and sound suggestion/opinion no matter from whom it comes. Try to read some other posts of mine in the last few days, I'm sure you're gonna figure out quite fast how that dmg reduction is possible. And just as a tip: I found a way to reduce it even more and for an even longer period of time.

@Kanone- u really need to learn a lot about a pure mag build wizz. Numbers out of the blue will not tell u the whole truth.

I rolled an LA mage on both MY-EN(PvP) and Sanctuary , although none of them got over 50. For PvP LA on wizz under 90 makes sense. If one doesn't plan to go over 90 with wizz on PvP, might as well just roll something else. On PvE there is still no argument that can convince me LA is a better choice than Robe (without considering coin costs).

and u know what, Kanone has a point. Why am I trying to convince ppl I am right?I don't need anyone's approval for my wiz build. I followed some guidelines I tried to give numbers and arguments to support my opinions, I never discarded LA as non-option. But hey, whoever came up with my signature was a smart man

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Levoden - Heavens Tear
    Levoden - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Argh... must resist ... argh.... no!

Edit: emberstorm's damage does not care if you have a weapon or not, and for 1000 matk difference with 100 magic difference you would have to have a weapon which did 1000 damage.

By lvl 89, you would have a magic weapon that does about 1000 damage after maybe a refine or two. So the difference becomes apparent much more in higher levels.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I can keep your secretsb:cute
    Quit.
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I can keep your secretsb:cute

but i cant ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Any wizard getting a requiem blade should be shot, crappy weapon. Just stick with hh80. The Endless Ambiguity I used was +3 with 2 flawless, and to get a comparable Req Blade I needed it at +4 with 2 g6 or +5 with 1 g7 shard. Fail.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • conics
    conics Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yea gg LA wizzies roxxer yea woot gg ok gg
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Ok, that is it! I have had it!!

I am changing my plan!!!

So, there!!!!

b:angry
    You can always tell me <3
    Quit.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm not going to give all the details here of how that 50-120 dmg happens, and unfortunately until the next TW I don't have the screenshots to prove it. But I will try to get the SS and post them here.

Ty, I always respected your opinions coming from a lvl 99 wizard, and I'm giving the same attention and respect to every decent and sound suggestion/opinion no matter from whom it comes. Try to read some other posts of mine in the last few days, I'm sure you're gonna figure out quite fast how that dmg reduction is possible. And just as a tip: I found a way to reduce it even more and for an even longer period of time.

@Kanone- u really need to learn a lot about a pure mag build wizz. Numbers out of the blue will not tell u the whole truth.

I rolled an LA mage on both MY-EN(PvP) and Sanctuary , although none of them got over 50. For PvP LA on wizz under 90 makes sense. If one doesn't plan to go over 90 with wizz on PvP, might as well just roll something else. On PvE there is still no argument that can convince me LA is a better choice than Robe (without considering coin costs).

and u know what, Kanone has a point. Why am I trying to convince ppl I am right?I don't need anyone's approval for my wiz build. I followed some guidelines I tried to give numbers and arguments to support my opinions, I never discarded LA as non-option. But hey, whoever came up with my signature was a smart man

ok ursa<3
    ttyl
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

I'm well aware of apothecary pots, and I'm well aware that Dew of God Protection lasts longer than the 30 secs stated in the description (almost 2 mins I believe) therefore its effects can be stacked with other apoth pots. I don't really have time to sift through all your posts but I'll assume this is what you're alluding to.
    You talk as though you get hit for 50-120 damage for an entire TW, if you've found a way to do this then you're much more pro than I. But I don't see how its possible to be honest, 3000 damage absorbtion doesn't last long when you're being ganked. And as much as you might try to avoid it, it still happens. Any Guild worth it's place on a TW map calls for assist attacks, and if you're as deadly and as hard to put down as you'd have us believe then you'd be a priority target.
    I like pie
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm well aware of apothecary pots, and I'm well aware that Dew of God Protection lasts longer than the 30 secs stated in the description (almost 2 mins I believe) therefore its effects can be stacked with other apoth pots. I don't really have time to sift through all your posts but I'll assume this is what you're alluding to.
    You talk as though you get hit for 50-120 damage for an entire TW, if you've found a way to do this then you're much more pro than I. But I don't see how its possible to be honest, 3000 damage absorbtion doesn't last long when you're being ganked. And as much as you might try to avoid it, it still happens. Any Guild worth it's place on a TW map calls for assist attacks, and if you're as deadly and as hard to put down as you'd have us believe then you'd be a priority target.

well put :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
  • Relinquished - Dreamweaver
    Relinquished - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    A new pure Wizard is in town. Hi all =)
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    rel look at my link
  • Lyzzern - Lost City
    Lyzzern - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Seriously, this LA/Pure Wizard drama HAS to stop. It's simple people:
    Arcane: Great-Great damage; Great M.Def; Low P. Def; Low Crit Rate
    LA: Great Damage; Good M.Def; Good P. Def; Decent Crit Rate.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2508297003&dateline=1263853257[/SIGPIC]
    Asoteric Runewolf just pwned you b:victory

(Yet another player who has quit this game :>; See you in Forsaken World)
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ya if you put it in a simple way :3
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Seriously, this LA/Pure Wizard drama HAS to stop. It's simple people:
    Arcane: Great-Great damage; Great M.Def; Low P. Def; Low Crit Rate
    LA: Great Damage; Good M.Def; Good P. Def; Decent Crit Rate.

**Arcane: Great Damage; Great Mdef; Low Pdef; Low Crit Rate; Low HP (PURE BELOW 90)
    LA: Good Damage; Avg M.def; Good P.Def; Avg Crit rate; Good HP (1/1/3 BELOW 90)

Arcane: Amazing Damage; Great Mdef; Decent Pdef; Low-Avg crit rate; Decent HP. (PURE 90-96)
    LA: Okay Damage; Bad Mdef; Good pdef; Avg-good Crit rate; Decent HP; (1/1/3 90-96)

Arcane: Amazing Damage; Great Mdef; Good Pdef; Avg-Good Crit rate; Good HP; (PURE 96-99++)
    LA; Meh Damage: Bad MDef; Good Pdef; Avg-good crit rate; Good HP; (LA 96-99+)

IMO.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    **Arcane: Great Damage; Great Mdef; Low Pdef; Low Crit Rate; Low HP (PURE BELOW 90)
    LA: Good Damage; Avg M.def; Good P.Def; Avg Crit rate; Good HP (1/1/3 BELOW 90)

Arcane: Amazing Damage; Great Mdef; Decent Pdef; Low-Avg crit rate; Decent HP. (PURE 90-96)
    LA: Okay Damage; Bad Mdef; Good pdef; Avg-good Crit rate; Decent HP; (1/1/3 90-96)

Arcane: Amazing Damage; Great Mdef; Good Pdef; Avg-Good Crit rate; Good HP; (PURE 96-99++)
    LA; Meh Damage: Bad MDef; Good Pdef; Avg-good crit rate; Good HP; (LA 96-99+)

IMO.

i back that up
    LA past 90 is pointless :3