Ninja squad invites

Options
Alphae - Lost City
Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
Ok, I don't know about the rest of you, but I get a lot of ninja (unsolicited) squad invites when I am grinding solo.

I never respond to these :/ I hate grinding with people who don't talk, and 9/10 times the people who don't talk before trying to party you won't talk while in party either, and the point of grinding in party for me is not only to kill faster but to have kind of a social time, meet new people, etc.

Usually people don't say anything if I don't party them but sometimes they go off on me about how rude and selfish I am (and usually they throw in something about OP venos too Q_Q)

So what is your opinion? Do you like these? Do they annoy you? Are you indifferent? Is it rude to refuse a ninja invite?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Alphae - Lost City on

Comments

• Shart - Dreamweaver
    Shart - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I've had this happen to me before.
    Usually they beg me for my drops and leave when I don't reply. :c
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    just like the ninja faction invites, the ninja squad invites get no love from me...

in fact, they get a msg on their screen saying their invite was denied, because i clicked no. dont want to take the time to talk to me before inviting, then its not worth my time to party with ya or to be in ur faction lol.

just my 2c b:pleased
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    They're not nearly as annoying as unsolicited faction invites.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    indifferent
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I don't mind squading with people who don't talk. I don't mind not talking, as sometimes it keeps better focus on the game. I don't even mind random people. (example: people I don't know or arent' friends)

Here is what I do mind:

Random squad invites of people who only stay to get your buffs and then leave.
    Random squad invites of people who kill only what they need then leave you on your own.
    Random squad invites of people who expect ME to talk to them after they invited me without asking for my resume. (do I talk when fighting)(do I correspond well) etc...
    Random squad invites of people who are rude. (example: why aren't you casting faster, why don't you help a little more (can only cast so fast). Why did you let me die? (I especially love this coming from a melee class, ummm you are the tanker)?

In the end, because of all the rudeness; I no longer accept "random squad invites" not worth the aggravation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    They're not nearly as annoying as unsolicited faction invites.

I get those too, but they don't annoy me nearly as much as the squad invites, because they don't come with nasty comments about how I'm selfish and OP ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Narcotic - Harshlands
    Narcotic - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I don't mind the first invite. But sometimes they keep asking up to 3 or 4 times.

I have nothing against squadding and sometimes i do it. The problem is, 8 out of 10 people who want to squad are lazy grinders or maybe just bad at killing mobs and i regret joining.

Unless you have really tight fast spawning mobs, squadding is not necessary, IMO. It just becomes confusing and i spent to much energy wondering what the heck the other guy is doing. Another problem is the mobs have enough distance between them, many time, that the players end up so far apart they don't get benefit of squad.

I am currently lvling 4 different roles: wizard, veno, cleric and barb. I have yet to come across a regular mob quest i couldn't do solo. The one kinda exception i can name is the Primevil Towerlings type mobs in swamp. Those gave my wizard hell. Veno do quest no problem of course. Other roles not high enough for that quest yet to comment.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    indiferent i think... i hate them

i get invite..<.<...and say wtf in squad chat :P.....and they keep quiet <.<.....
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dakaruch - Lost City
    Dakaruch - Lost City Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I hate them random squad invites, i hope you all die from extreme boredom! D:
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Unless you have really tight fast spawning mobs, squadding is not necessary, IMO. It just becomes confusing and i spent to much energy wondering what the heck the other guy is doing. Another problem is the mobs have enough distance between them, many time, that the players end up so far apart they don't get benefit of squad.

That's another of my issues of course. Most people don't really know how to fight in squad.

But I don't mind squading with people even just to help them kill what they need and then they leave. What really irks me is that hardly anyone feels the need to just type "party?" in open chat, or -something-, they just pounce on you like it was your obligation to do their quest for you or something and then berate you when you don't O_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eunuch - Dreamweaver
    Eunuch - Dreamweaver Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Everytime I get an invite it's always because the other guy is doing the same quest as me, which requires the same mob. So rather than kill 50 of the same mob for the millionth time I'd rather party up and get the ****ty quest over with twice as fast.

As for not speaking to you, well there's not much to be said. You've obviously noticed him killing the same mobs and so has he. About 10 minutes later he'll say "done?" and you'll say "3 more". What else needs to be said?

The random faction invites annoy me much more.
  • Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If im out grinding and the mobs Im grinding on happen to be quest mobs I will squad then, but only if the person needs the mobs for a quest. The only thing I dont like when joining a squad is when some teenaged perv starts whispering me things like "hey sexy" which happens alot. So I leave the squad and tell them to fack off. It amuses me that they asume that behind the computer screen is a girl (which I am btw). They forget that venos only come in female form o_O
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If im out grinding and the mobs Im grinding on happen to be quest mobs I will squad then, but only if the person needs the mobs for a quest. The only thing I dont like when joining a squad is when some teenaged perv starts whispering me things like "hey sexy" which happens alot. So I leave the squad and tell them to fack off. It amuses me that they asume that behind the computer screen is a girl (which I am btw). They forget that venos only come in female form o_O

First flirt with them and play along. Then, just when you reach the right level of "intimacy" drop the line..... Hey, i hope it's ok with you i'm a guy right? And you don't mind that i'm 47 I hope?"

As for random party invites. I ignore them. I have my own pace for grinding and questing, usually involving msn chat breaks and random mat searching. And I grind mobs most people don't bother with (I prefer non-agro, phys mobs that drop lots so I can be lazy and make money)

Accepting an invite gets me slave driven. And if it's a quest, I work hard for them, to be fair. And as soon as they see me working hard they stop killing. Some even hop on their aerocraft and go afk O_o If I leave I get given out to.
    Random faction invites are even worse. Who would ever join a faction adding randomers. I could be an inactive vending alt for all they know. Sometimes declining gets the interrogation treatment. "Why?" and "You wont get anywhere without a faction" and "fine, be a n00b".
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    xxxdsmer wrote: »
    just like the ninja faction invites, the ninja squad invites get no love from me...

in fact, they get a msg on their screen saying their invite was denied, because i clicked no. dont want to take the time to talk to me before inviting, then its not worth my time to party with ya or to be in ur faction lol.

just my 2c b:pleased
    Same.............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    First flirt with them and play along. Then, just when you reach the right level of "intimacy" drop the line..... Hey, i hope it's ok with you i'm a guy right? And you don't mind that i'm 47 I hope?"

ROLF I am so gonna do that to the next person to hit on me.
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    AS long as they are around the same level as me and killing similar level monsters, im fine with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Madijon - Lost City
    Madijon - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I hate it too, half the time ranondom squad invites end up with them just half hanging out while i do most of the killing, I also despise when I do hit yes, and I ask what they need and recieve no answer. I actually have an alt just for vending that got a random faction invite a few days ago.... they demanded to know why, so i told them flat out, check my gear funny I have nothing...maybe there's a reason.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I hate them expecially when I say something in WC then all of a sudden I get spammed with invites from the same person. I eventually accept to give them a peice of my mind. Find out they are lvl15 or less and are expecting me to leave the swamp to go 1 shot **** for them.

Also hate the random friend invites from people I never even talked to.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Ichimokusan - Sanctuary
    Ichimokusan - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I usually accept random invites just to meet people. I'm not really a leveling addict but I like to joke around and have fun.
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Honestly...I just do not care either way...If the monsters I am farming are hard to come by and are needed for a quest I will usually squad so I am not KS'ing the poor guy but otherwise I generally just refuse unless they give me a reason first.
  • Kaligrrl - Heavens Tear
    Kaligrrl - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I generally accept random squad invites when I'm doing a "kill X amount of X" quest. I hate when someone else starts smacking my target around (or vice versa) so just joining a squad seems like the only way to avoid being accused of being a KS'ing Veno. The mobs that are needed for those types of quests always have umpteen people crowding the area trying for the exact same 4-5 critters; or at least that what it looks like.

Besides, 3 of my buddies were met thru random squad invites which turned into long funny killing sprees that made the grind much more enjoyable. Those are the kinds of folks who make me more likely to accept the next 'ninja invite'.
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    Mirabeth - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    What I don't get is the random squad invites in the middle of Archosaur. I understand more or less why people do it when you're out killing mobs. But why do I continuously get random invites to some low level's squad when I'm just standing around in some random spot in Archosaur? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Skybelle for the wonderful sig

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I never respond to these
    the point of grinding in party for me is not only to kill faster but to have kind of a social time, meet new people, etc.

Good luck with that.
  • Trueazaril - Lost City
    Trueazaril - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i really hate those ninja squad and guild invites. i think its kinda rude that they dont at least ask u first
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elfaria - Dreamweaver
    Elfaria - Dreamweaver Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It was ok for me when I was around levels 10-40.
    You get a lot of quest during those levels and mostly what everyone during those levels want to do is finish those quest.

Around 50+ I never get invites anymore.
    Not much quest as before so everyone is off grinding.

Got me a little sad since everyone became quiet, like im the only one around just grinding. Of course I got used to it. :l
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I prefer ninja squad invites over "let's pretend that we're going to be lifelong friends and add each other when we're done even though we'll never talk again after today" type of squads. If there's one or more person getting their **** kicked by the same mob that I am, there's no reason we can't help each other out, but we don't need to hear each other's life stories in the meantime.

But if I'm not having trouble with my mobs, I'd prefer not to party, because yeah ... I've had people join and say "brb." The second I suspect someone is AFK, they get the boot.

As for ninja faction invites ... no, just ... no. My veno is actually the leader of a faction called "FollowTha" (FollowTha Leader lol) just to avoid all faction invites, ninja or otherwise. Factionless players seem to be like women who go to bars by themselves, they get swarmed by vultures ... b:infuriated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Good luck with that.

-_- I know it's a little contradictory, but it's not exactly a social time if they're mute.

Even if I refuse a first invite, if the same guys whispers and asks again for a party, I'll gladly do it. It just annoys me that people can't be bothered to type 5 letters and a ? into general chat to get my attention. *Those* are the people I ignore.

EDIT: For me ninja invites are NOT the people who invite, while saying "party?" or some variation thereof, or people who ask for a party an introduce themselves directly after and at least make themselves and their intentions for the squad known, that is a random invite, i.e. not planned and not with someone you necessarily know.

A ninja invite is done silently, and the squad is expected to be conducted silently until the other person has what they need and drops squad without ever saying a word. That's what I'm looking to avoid. I used to accept unsolicted invites and leave squad if I couldn't solicit even an answer "what quest are you doing?", but I guess I kinda felt that was more rude than just not accepting the unsolicited invites at all. So I don't now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Its fine for a quest but grinding i dont like it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I prefer some form of asking first before the invite. No verbal ?? first I auto reject.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Alphae, you're pretty :3<3 Nagare
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]