Do the Devs know or care.....?(semivent)

Options

Comments

• Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm also on a very tight budget in real life, but I don't spend any real life money on the game. Instead I look for ways to make money in the game, and also spend some time farming instances, minerals and anything else that can make me money. You have the best class in the game for doing so.

How many pets are you buying skills for, and what skills? What sort of gear are you buying for yourself? What about skills?

Before I had my phoenix and herc, I just had 2 pets, and levelled bash on them both. I had terrible equipment, save for my tt weapon which wasnt enchanted. Most of the skills I just didnt bother with and got by with venomous scarab and a few others. Getting my herc and phoenix took sacrifices, both in my time and other things I could spend money on.

In any case, you have always been on the side of "Hercs aren't necessary" and that Magmites/bears/whatever are fine and its all a matter of skill, so why would you care if you cant afford one. Why would you want to join the ranks of clueless herc owners who rely on their pet instead of skill (as so many have posted here and you have backed them up). Others do TT's and lunar glade just fine in their armored bear (so they say) so get one of them and start farming.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I spent almost 8 months on this game every day all day long when I was laid off. It was only THEN did I play a lot. Now that I was lucky enough to get a part time minimum wage job you hardly ever see me on this game. at least not like I was.

I know how it feels FoxRunning. The only thing I can say is that this sale this weekend really helped me out a lot, becuase feathers dropped below 2k for the first time in a long time, and now I've got mine.

It has taken me approx 45 levels to get my Herc and Nix. I've been saving for them since they came out. yes I admit I charged a little money to get my last 3k feathers but it that was only due to my job.

I totally feel you on this. But, my thing isn't really the things that are always in teh cash shop. Those with dedication and time are attainable. I haven't spent IRL money on charms or dolls or fashion EVER. To me its the mounts that I would REALLY like to have that they don't put in the shop long enough for me to earn in game money for. I really wanted a purgatory lion, I think they are beautiful and it was something I wanted. Now I am going to have to probably have to pay double their worth a couple months from now.

Such is life I suppose. Those that work the hardest always seem to be the ones that can't catch a break. All things considered though, I really wouldn't trade this game for any other to drown my IRL issues in. This game is a GREAT release now that I have figured out how to drown out the negativity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm also on a very tight budget in real life, but I don't spend any real life money on the game. Instead I look for ways to make money in the game, and also spend some time farming instances, minerals and anything else that can make me money. You have the best class in the game for doing so.

How many pets are you buying skills for, and what skills? What sort of gear are you buying for yourself? What about skills?

Before I had my phoenix and herc, I just had 2 pets, and levelled bash on them both. I had terrible equipment, save for my tt weapon which wasnt enchanted. Most of the skills I just didnt bother with and got by with venomous scarab and a few others. Getting my herc and phoenix took sacrifices, both in my time and other things I could spend money on.

In any case, you have always been on the side of "Hercs aren't necessary" and that Magmites/bears/whatever are fine and its all a matter of skill, so why would you care if you cant afford one. Why would you want to join the ranks of clueless herc owners who rely on their pet instead of skill (as so many have posted here and you have backed them up). Others do TT's and lunar glade just fine in their armored bear (so they say) so get one of them and start farming.

She wants a Nix. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Devs suck.. period. GMs are ok because they have to take up the abuse of the player base complaining about certain bugs that the devs refuse to fix.

Greedy bastids. I wonder what % of the player base are venos now btw :o
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i usually never have more than 100k at a time, so that is as best as can do as far as getting armour. i am a veno because i love the animals, so i have many pets, but only a few i depend on for battle-my golems and kowlin mostly.so they are the ones have been leveling, as well as my pig most recently.

i dont want a herc maily because i dont like how it looks...stupid reason, i know. i've never critizied people having them, just that people take over jobs from barbs, or interfere with the work of barbs (i know about that first hand...i have to take my powerhouse golems and fight with my levle 57 frog in TTs,FBs so that i dont steal aggro). the reason its so frustrating to not be able to get a phoenix is because i have always had so much trouble with air mobs. help of that sort means much less stress, and that translates to being able to handle problems with my family and such more easily

i farm mats, herbs, make things, but i cant farm instances....i rarely have been asked. i dont have the 'ticket'-a herc- but also, i am a very poor puller, because of my visual problems. i can do normal play, but have to crank up the gamma to be able to see in FBs.

i am looking forward to being able to get the stronger pets soon, like the armoured bear and such...one incentive to leveling is exploring new places and catcing new pets... i love it and them!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    She wants a Nix. >.>

Ahh ok fair enough. I take back my last paragraph.

I will add though, that I got my herc first for the simple reason that its a wonderful farming tool to make money for your phoenix. tt1-2 squad is excellent money for the level of difficulty.

Thinking about it though, grinding with phoenix is a pretty good way to make money for a herc too. (albeit slightly more mind-numbing), and very nice xp esp on air mobs (which are less problematic with an air pet). Blood birds just north of city of the lost were my favourites in the high 70's.

If I had to do it all again though, Id get herc first. Is still faster farming TT than grinding to make money IMO.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It also depends on your build what is a better first buy. IMHO, I should have gotten the Nix first and I would haveh ad my Herc a lot faster. My build is crazy high HP/Defence and LOW Matk, whihc means less pet heals. Farming TTs is almsot impossible for me even now XD.

Herc = Awesome for Farming money Arcane/Light Venos with good Matk.
    Nix = Great for speed grinding, money making for Venos with much less Matk.

I love my Nix more then my Herc because I can heal him fully with one heal and keep killing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    my golems
    and kowlin
    my pig
    my levle 57 frog

Ditch the frog and the kowlin, and stop spending money on their skills and time leveling them up. You dont need them. I used a magmite only for a normal ground pet.
    If you need a pulling pet, get an eldergoth but dont spend any money on it.

i am a very poor puller, because of my visual problems
    If you have problems with the put luring method, there are genie skills that will single pull, and if you want to do it for free then <tame pet> (the skill) will also single pull a mob :)
    [/quote]
    i am looking forward to being able to get the stronger pets soon, like the armoured bear and such
    Dont, if you want a phoenix. If will just drain your wallet further for a pet that is is basically useless. Magmite might look ugly but it gets the job done. Magmite and air pet (sawfly is best) is all you need.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I agree with removing the duke shouts when some1 get herc/nix

note: poor as a veno ? I would to like to see u as a barb or a cleric, that'd be fun (asking charity in the middle of west arch ?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I've been debating replying to this thread. On the one hand, FoxRunning is, aside from a stubborn streak and bouts of depression, one of the nicest people I've met in the game. We ended up in the same faction when I first started playing, and have switched factions several times, always seeming to end up in the same place somehow. I've known about her situation for a while, and have done what I can to try to be supportive.

On the other hand, she is a large part of the reason I now have the mindset of "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life." I've given her stuff. Lots of stuff. I don't regret giving it to her, and based on her conscientious heart I still feel she deserved every bit of it. Fortune does not always smile upon those who are deserving. As someone who has been blessedly fortunate in this game, I feel I have a responsibility to spread my good fortune to those I meet who are deserving but have been bit by bad luck.

But the way she plays the game results in a net money drain, which is why she's always low or out of cash. You can give a person millions of coin. But if their playstyle results in a net negative cashflow, in a few weeks they will be right back where they started - broke. The only solution to getting out of the pit is to change how they play the game. She's why I started talking openly about how I make money - normally I prefer to keep quiet about that stuff. But it pains me to see others suffering from lack of money when I seem to make it so easily. I've posted different ways to make money on these forums. On our guild forums, I even posted my entire cat shop's inventory and buy/sell prices so others (i.e. she) could duplicate how I make money.

All this is for naught if the person does not listen to or for some reason cannot implement the suggestions. Doing just "the things you like to do" only works if what you like to do happens to result in a net positive cashflow. If it doesn't, you're going to be chronically short of cash and stuck with a character which doesn't work. If that's the situation you're in, you have to change - do some "things you don't like to do" or find some ways to do something you currently can't do - to make that cashflow positive and support yourself. You cannot always rely upon the goodwill of others, whether they be generous friends or game developers deciding prices. At some point you have to help yourself, even if that means doing some stuff you don't particularly enjoy.

Based on what I know of your character, FoxRunning, I suspect the problem is probably with your build and stat distribution. Why don't you post your current build (armor, stats, weapon, ornaments, etc) on the veno forum? We can hash over it and try to improve it. I'll cover the cost of the restat scrolls. I haven't spoken of your disability because I don't believe it's my place to publicize personal details like that. But since you have, we can also discuss the problems it imposes on playing too (mainly reaction time I'm guessing), and try to come up with work-arounds.

The phoenix only has about 10% more pdef than the pig. So I'm not convinced that getting one would solve your problems with air mobs. I don't want to see you looking to the phoenix as the solution to all your problems, only to be crushed if it doesn't help as much as you'd hoped; because if the phoenix can't help, it's game over. There is no "better" pet to look forward to. Let's try to see what we can do with what you have now (your pig) before going there.

My condolences on the loss of your dog. I bawled my eyes out for days when I lost my dog a few years ago. It is heartbreaking.
    note: poor as a veno ? I would to like to see u as a barb or a cleric, that'd be fun (asking charity in the middle of west arch ?)
    Please don't turn this into a veno flame-fest. Unless you know her and her situation, don't judge what she can or can't do simply because her main is a class you have a grudge against. I've played with her for a long time. She is not as capable as most players for a multitude of reasons beyond her control. One does the best one can with the sometimes crappy cards that life deals you. I daresay most of the people I've met in the game could only hope to do as well as she does if they were faced with the same obstacles life has dealt her.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    rl and game shouldn't mix, never
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The phoenix only has about 10% more pdef than the pig. So I'm not convinced that getting one would solve your problems with air mobs. I don't want to see you looking to the phoenix as the solution to all your problems, only to be crushed if it doesn't help as much as you'd hoped; because if the phoenix can't help, it's game over. There is no "better" pet to look forward to. Let's try to see what we can do with what you have now (your pig) before going there.

i dont think its the pig's tanking ability that makes it s broblem. i think its the pigs ability to hold aggro, as it has **** poor attack in comparison to a phoenix.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i am looking forward to being able to get the stronger pets soon, like the armoured bear

Don't bother with the armored bear. it sucks as a pet. It definitely don't fall under the "strong pet" category.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i dont think its the pig's tanking ability that makes it s broblem. i think its the pigs ability to hold aggro, as it has **** poor attack in comparison to a phoenix.
    She prefers playing in fox form. Due to that and her disability, she has stats spread across str, vit, and mag, which would seem to be kind of thin. I really doubt she's pulling aggro from her pig. Last time I grouped with her, the main constraint on her character seemed to be a weak pet heal (and some of the worst luck I've seen - we cleared FB59 unwined and almost none of the drops went to her; I had to triple check to make sure loot distribution was on random).
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

I asked Fox for help on air mobs, because my air pet (a pig too, ty solandi^^) is only lvl 52; it can tank without problems as long as I don't attack, or I immediately pull aggro. the skills aren't upgraded since air mobs for quests are so rare and I don't grind on them.

Fox didn't pull aggro from her pet, neither did I, even though it is around lvl 50-55 too (I don't remember the exact lvl), but it's skills are upgraded. her pet did a really good job at holding aggro.
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    To be honest, this whole "venomancers are rich" is just a load of bull, mostly coming from complainers who are incapable of sensibly handling their own funds. Class dosen't have any relevance if you're smart with your money. I know plenty of barbarians and clerics who are far richer than myself.

FoxRunning; when I'm able to get back online you're coming with me on solo TT squad runs. Profits you make can go towards a nix for yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • moonlife
    moonlife Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Even low level characters, like me, can earn quite a few coins in this game, if they choose to do so. I am sorry you have not done well, but I believe, if you made earning coins a priority, you could earn enough coins to by enough golds to pay for a legendary pet, in month or two. (Or a bit longer if you can only play for an hour or so a day.)

I believe she pointed out that she hasn't the time to make money like that. It's hard to scrimp when you can't pay cash and can't play for hours upon hours on end nonstop. And even playing an hour a day won't really help unless you have a herc to TT in all personal opinion...I'm in the 50s and I get 50-75k per hour on air mobs, so even two months isn't sufficient if she does one hour a day unless she can solo TT or other dungeons...and even then I'm not so sure it's possible.
  • derahan
    derahan Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I too can only play 2-3 hours per day. i earn $400 per month which is where i am about the minimum wage i will never be able to buy zen.

however. when i started the game in February i read up on all classes and decided that arcane veno was a good class to start with to make coins to support any other class i may want to make for fun. i am atm lvl 76. i am wearing mostly lvl 60ish gear. the onlz i always keep up to date is my weapon (using lvl 70 TT weapon +2 w/o shards atm). i am selling every drop i get.

i have been able since level 55 to stay charmed with gold charms 24/7 and level up my important skills. i have never upgraded any pet skills because at least for magmite which is my land tank pet it is not needed and because i save every coin i have left towards herc and nix.

from level 62 on i have been doing TT solo runs regulary buying subs using my magmite as tank and using gold MP charms.

usually just the mirages /coin/DQ drops took care of sub cost and whatever i sold the materials for was cash i made.

i did daily my CS and Paperclip quest to gain levels.

i have been able to get my herc this weekend because i have been safing coin and didnt need anz legendary or TT gear besides weapon or any fashion gear.

i may not spend every month RL cash to buy zen but i buy per month at least cash shop items for 50 gold or just the gold off auctioner if the price is not too high. so in the end there is someone out there who spend $50 to get my coins every month.

so yes it is verry possible for a person who can not play a lot of time to get those pets or mounts. all it takes is a bit safing and planning zour advancement in game. arcane veno is not my favourite class it is ok but im more a tank /healer player.

i am leveling atm after leveling manually to lvl 30 a Barb, Fox veno and a Cleric only with doibg CS every day on them. they are all 3 in their 40s now and a lot fun and have pretty good gear. no gems or refined gear but they do good when i play them and a lot fun.
  • Guardianmp - Heavens Tear
    Guardianmp - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I don't care if it sounds heartless or not, but you can't always get what you want.

Look at what you have now....do you really NEED all of what you have that is draining all of the coins you find? You need to make sacrifices, you don't need 5 pets and all their skills leveled, and you don't need to level all of your skills (just the ones that you use). I have poison scarab, ironwood scarab, and bramble guard maxed, and that's it....all the rest of the arcane are level 1 or 2 and i don't have any of the fox form skills.

I hardly have any time to play the game either (less than an hour a day) and hardly spend any rl money on it (only about $80 since it started last september). I make about 100k an hour and spend it on only what I need (i saved up 3.5 million for a flying mount this way).

Take away the sob story that you posted and it's just the same old thing of "I want what he/she has". If your life outside of the game sucks and you're depressed this game will not fix your depression or your life, you should seek help from friends or family and find someone to talk to about what is bothering you...that's how you fix depression (other than taking medication, but that's only a temporary fix for most).

Sorry to be the jerk, but I've seen too many people that use the unfortunate events in their lives to try and persuade people in to giving them what they want (most of the time it's narcotics).
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    rl and game shouldn't mix, never

If only this could work. It would work if those of us behind the computers were robots. There would be NO interaction at all. There would not be compassionate people who care about others. There would not be anyone helping as robots wouldn't care that you need a boss killed which grants you nothing in game, not even good exp.

Real Life people are behind these animated toons we play. Real Life people with real life issues. If you can tell me you've not talked to one person in this game and became an actual friend to them, then I will semi agree with what you are saying. But you meet people, often good people. And you start to care about them, for them. You become part of their life, and they become part of yours. If they aren't on for a few days, you begin to wonder and hope everything is ok for them.

For the disabled (like my mom who is homebound) sometimes things like this are the ONLY interaction with REAL people they get. Its better than sitting at home for 3 months waiting for a friend to finally find the time to stop by and chat with you.

If you've never been disabled you won't get it. You can't. Because you will have no concept of what its like. To them, these toons or rather the people behind them are friends.

Real life is sometimes too much to bear. The escape and fantasy to get away here is all too helpful and real for them. So please...before you say RL and a game shouldn't mix try to keep in mind that there are REAL LIFE people behind the toons, with real life emotions, real life feelings, and real life problems. I suggest if you want to pretend this isn't true, turn of all your chat features and never talk to anyone and just play the game. Otherwise RL will always mix with a game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If only this could work. It would work if those of us behind the computers were robots. There would be NO interaction at all. There would not be compassionate people who care about others. There would not be anyone helping as robots wouldn't care that you need a boss killed which grants you nothing in game, not even good exp.

Real Life people are behind these animated toons we play. Real Life people with real life issues. If you can tell me you've not talked to one person in this game and became an actual friend to them, then I will semi agree with what you are saying. But you meet people, often good people. And you start to care about them, for them. You become part of their life, and they become part of yours. If they aren't on for a few days, you begin to wonder and hope everything is ok for them.

For the disabled (like my mom who is homebound) sometimes things like this are the ONLY interaction with REAL people they get. Its better than sitting at home for 3 months waiting for a friend to finally find the time to stop by and chat with you.

If you've never been disabled you won't get it. You can't. Because you will have no concept of what its like. To them, these toons or rather the people behind them are friends.

Real life is sometimes too much to bear. The escape and fantasy to get away here is all too helpful and real for them. So please...before you say RL and a game shouldn't mix try to keep in mind that there are REAL LIFE people behind the toons, with real life emotions, real life feelings, and real life problems. I suggest if you want to pretend this isn't true, turn of all your chat features and never talk to anyone and just play the game. Otherwise RL will always mix with a game.
    what have I started...

aaaniway, u said true things and I was wrong but still what I actually meant is that if someone is stressed in RL shouldn't bring the stress in the game (i.e.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    On the contrary, I'd much rather someone bring their real life stress into this game, than into their real life. See what I mean? Better to bring the rage, hurt, and whatever other emotions and take it out on something virtual than something or someone in reality. Games like this can make great stress relievers. Now on the off chance you mean they shouldn't let it affect their gaming, well thats just life.
    what have I started...

aaaniway, u said true things and I was wrong but still what I actually meant is that if someone is stressed in RL shouldn't bring the stress in the game (i.e.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver
    PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Oh Please, I want the devs to be unpaid slaves and have to work at least 60 hours each week making this a much nicer game so I can mooch and sleeze and sponge off of their effort. I want free broadband internet access too. I want a better computer, for free and, and, and I want a free 56inch 120hz 1080P LCD tv to play this game on. I want people to pay me real money for my virtual items I am selling because the cat shops only offer me the ability to earn PWI coin. Shoot, I want someone to PAY me to play this game, and I want college credits too.

If all you want is free games where no one pays, then go back to playing those cute little flash games that get old after 3 or 4 hours. A game like this does not magically appear. The devs need something back for their efforts. They need to be reimbursed for the expense of internet access, and the servers. Someone has to give them money even for the "nuisance fee" of putting up with whining freeloaders.

Put your money where your mouth is and go to college, learn to do all the coding, and then devote your time to putting out a free game on your own server. This game offers one of the best free to play experiences without being horribly unbalanced towards cash paying customers.
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Hey fox i think we spoke before, remember you and i have very similar situations. For all it's worth i understand how you feel. Life is hard, and for us, we struggle just to be living (i for one do). It's not easy for people like us and we face reality hard. However, in my life at a very young age i learned how to make lemonade out of lemons. My family is a middle class family and much of my siblings are, only i have poverty because i am no longer able to work. Even now the middle class are struggling to in such a hard hit economy. Well when things get hard and i feel depressed i use my time to help someone. Go in game and help some new people who are less fortunate than you. I know that sounds strange but for me i feel i accomplished something and it brings my spirit up. Do so irl as well, believe me volunteering brings a life time of rewards.

Also me and my bf that play together we have fun doing silly things, like little games of hide and seek in the towns. We have fashion shows with our gear and clothes we saved up and bought. Lol we farm together and whenever one of us get something he squeals out silly i know but my point is we find enjoyment in the little things. My mother always said happiness is what we make of it and can't be bought.

Also sometimes if i feel depressed from game i take a break from the computer and enjoy the real life if possible. Fantasy life is fun but there are many things that those of us who are poor can enjoy too. A nice book from the library, a movie that is in your collection. Ice cream is my favorite (cookie dough to be exact). A walk on the beach or in the park. If you live in you're own home and are able to garden. I love that alot. Oh and cooking a special meal for my family to enjoy each others company. I spend a lot of my time in the hospital but never the less i count my blessing and not my maledictions. It helps when you're depressed to look at all the wonderful things you do have and not the things you don't have. ^ ^ I am saving up for a nix too. I played this game for a year now and im half way there. Lol although i got some super cute pets i love. We are poor yes and we have to work hard yes, but all the more do we enjoy when we have earned it.

I'm sorry to here about you're losses as well. If i could i give you a hug irl. Seems like you need one, but for now here's a virtual one. *huggles*
    edited July 2009
    Options
    b:shutupb:angryb:shutup
    Oh Please, I want the devs to be unpaid slaves and have to work at least 60 hours each week making this a much nicer game so I can mooch and sleeze and sponge off of their effort. I want free broadband internet access too. I want a better computer, for free and, and, and I want a free 56inch 120hz 1080P LCD tv to play this game on. I want people to pay me real money for my virtual items I am selling because the cat shops only offer me the ability to earn PWI coin. Shoot, I want someone to PAY me to play this game, and I want college credits too.Perhaps you should reread the OP. It wasn't about getting things for free, it was about the amount of time they put the mounts out for sale and the zhen sales. She never once asked anyone to give her anything.

If all you want is free games where no one pays, then go back to playing those cute little flash games that get old after 3 or 4 hours.Again, she said nothing about wanting something free, perhaps you should learn to read before your foot inserts itself into your mouth. A game like this does not magically appear. Really? There aren't magical leprechauns who bring it about? Seriously, again did anyone insenuate that it did? The devs need something back for their efforts.Yeah its called your paycheck and the money you spend on the game. By you I mean we really. They need to be reimbursed for the expense of internet access, and the servers. Someone has to give them money even for the "nuisance fee" of putting up with whining freeloaders. Ok first off anyone who spends real money on this game has the right to whine when things aren't as advertised etc.. Look they even took the mounts off almost a full day before their advertised schedule. Oh and another thing, when I bought my seaspray slacks they looked completely different in the boutique then they did in game. So one could say they are advertising false things. I'm just sayin, when you pay for a product you want what you pay for. With all the glitches and errors and problems lately, they owe their paying customers something. What exactly I don't know, but something. And in this case, they aren't freeloaders.

Put your money where your mouth is and go to college, learn to do all the coding, and then devote your time to putting out a free game on your own server. Wow thats a tall order for someone who fought in vietnam and had his legs blown off and can't even get out of bed. Are you 14? Do you not understand what disability is? Or do you need to go back and reread the OP? This game offers one of the best free to play experiences without being horribly unbalanced towards cash paying customers.No one is disputing that, matter of fact anyone who has responded to this thread would probably agree. I know I do, I think its top notch. This is probably the ONLY comment in this entire post that you wrote even worth reading..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Oh Please, I want the devs to be unpaid slaves and have to work at least 60 hours each week making this a much nicer game so I can mooch and sleeze and sponge off of their effort. I want free broadband internet access too. I want a better computer, for free and, and, and I want a free 56inch 120hz 1080P LCD tv to play this game on. I want people to pay me real money for my virtual items I am selling because the cat shops only offer me the ability to earn PWI coin. Shoot, I want someone to PAY me to play this game, and I want college credits too.

If all you want is free games where no one pays, then go back to playing those cute little flash games that get old after 3 or 4 hours. A game like this does not magically appear. The devs need something back for their efforts. They need to be reimbursed for the expense of internet access, and the servers. Someone has to give them money even for the "nuisance fee" of putting up with whining freeloaders.

Put your money where your mouth is and go to college, learn to do all the coding, and then devote your time to putting out a free game on your own server. This game offers one of the best free to play experiences without being horribly unbalanced towards cash paying customers.

Although i understand you're point as well. You are very harsh in you're words. Fox is saying she is disabled i doubt she is able to go to college. She is not asking for a free game but i think she is going through a rough time and in need of compassion. You could have stated your opinion in a less blunt way and a lot less sarcasm. That was her point to begin with that people who are able to afford much in this game are cruel towards the less fortunate.

Many of us understand nothing comes for free in life and im sure all of use who are disabled would trade our disabilities for the ability to work. I for one did not choose to get SLE but since it is something i am facing in my life i am doing the best i can. As i am sure fox is too and anyone else who faces our situation. She is only venting and expressing her sadness. It would not hurt on your part to show some human sympathy.

For those of you bashing pwi, im sure that was not the op's intent but rather she just wanted to say how cruel sometimes these things are for us. PWI is a wonderful game and offers many opportunities for those who are non cash shoppers. A lot more than many other mmo's. With a little patience and time you will be able to achieve your goals.
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I don't care if it sounds heartless or not, but you can't always get what you want.

Look at what you have now....do you really NEED all of what you have that is draining all of the coins you find? You need to make sacrifices, you don't need 5 pets and all their skills leveled, and you don't need to level all of your skills (just the ones that you use). I have poison scarab, ironwood scarab, and bramble guard maxed, and that's it....all the rest of the arcane are level 1 or 2 and i don't have any of the fox form skills.

I hardly have any time to play the game either (less than an hour a day) and hardly spend any rl money on it (only about $80 since it started last september). I make about 100k an hour and spend it on only what I need (i saved up 3.5 million for a flying mount this way).

Take away the sob story that you posted and it's just the same old thing of "I want what he/she has". If your life outside of the game sucks and you're depressed this game will not fix your depression or your life, you should seek help from friends or family and find someone to talk to about what is bothering you...that's how you fix depression (other than taking medication, but that's only a temporary fix for most).

Sorry to be the jerk, but I've seen too many people that use the unfortunate events in their lives to try and persuade people in to giving them what they want (most of the time it's narcotics).

Also wanted to point out that I'm not sure what foxes disability is, but if it is mental, or an autism. You do have to understand what they are used to on how to receive things. Most people with these type of dissabilities need lots of help so for her it might not always be asking for hand outs but rather she uses her real life survival techniques in her game life.

Again I have to say a little human understanding and compassion goes a long way. From what solandri says it seems like he's been trying to help her learn how to play and others have been taking her a long with them. She might be finding that style of playing difficult or less likely finding the ability to stay focused on it. When it's like that most of what she can do is ask for help or become depressed because she isn't understanding what is wrong. It might help for her to talk to her guild leader and find someone to help her do some farming and then sell them for her so she has a bit of cash. Not sure what the disability is and not really safe for me to assume, but it seems like she needs a guiding hand for sure.

Lol i learned also how to deal with those people who beg for things as well. A few dollars for food and i buy the food for them. Doesn't hurt if they need to eat. My volunteer work i use to do resumes for people who aren't computer proficient, or help them in trying to find available jobs online. I used to do volunteer computer classes for just the basic things. You learn how to deal with those on drugs very quickly. I doubt we should compare a disabled person to someone who needs a quick fix.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    grinding every hour I have, to obtain the feathers or SoF needed for a legendary pet would drive me off the wall.

But it's ok that people go to work most of their waking hours on a set schedule to work for opportunists that pay a fraction of their worth and treat them like slaves within the confines of the law just so they can have luxuries like being able to buy an e-flying pet that they don't have as much time to earn in game.

I figured out once that if I sold my extra in game coin for cash at the current gold exchange rate, that I could live off playing the game (against the TOS)!

If you can afford a good enough computer + internet to play this game decently: You're not that poor. Gamblers don't win money: they recover losses, and poor aren't poor because of low income.

You people that can live off benefits already have it better than the people living off ~minimum wage when it comes to this game. In addition, you have a major unfair amount of time to earn in game coin. You don't even have to grind to earn coin: merchanting is part of the game!
    I'd like to remind anyone from the states that its usually our disabled who has paid the taxes years before you ever started to pay for stuff you now enjoy. It is also them who has fought in wars and some left without limbs. They deserve to be respected period.

They were paid to fight and kill as mercenaries, for war profiteers. -No respect for people who have such high disregard for life. Many people think this, I'm one of the few brave enough to speak it.

I think they made it clear that it was the problem. The pig also comes with 2 aggro skills, though one has a painfully long cool down time.
    Don't bother with the armored bear. it sucks as a pet. It definitely don't fall under the "strong pet" category.

It doesn't suck for me. Can you come up with a better pet for luring fast physical mobs that are mixed in with magic mobs that can survive long enough to apply a useful debuff like Threaten before luring? I've been using this pet in fb89 since lvl 84 with just it's default skills which are worth far more than the pet cost. Also, at level 81, you should be able to earn a couple legendary pets per level (easier than it is to level them at that level). -The Armored Bear requires lvl 80.
    I for one did not choose to get SLE but since it is something i am facing in my life i am doing the best i can.

Is there a definitive test to prove you have it? If not, consider Silicon Induced Contracture Syndrome along with heightened sensitivity to soy. - Something that put me out of work for 3+ years and is covered up by the medical mafia because you can recover from it.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • God - Dreamweaver
    God - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Fox, I think you're bring your own personal issues into this game. I was well into my 70's without any rare or legendary pets, fashion items or mounts of any kind and never once was I ridiculed by those with all of the above. I never felt sorry for myself because I didn't have any of those uber items either because I play the game just fine. Phoenixes and Hercules are luxury items and you can play fine without. I agree some what on taking away the announcements whenever someone gets a Phoenix or Hercules as it does get extremely annoying after a while.

You're doing it wrong.
  • Guardianmp - Heavens Tear
    Guardianmp - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I doubt we should compare a disabled person to someone who needs a quick fix.

Not comparing a disabled person to someone who needs a quick fix, but comparing one potential addict to another addict. Fox stated that she is using the game to escape her real life....well, drug addicts use drugs to escape their real life.

Some people get addicted to drugs because their life sucks and they want an escape, some because they're bored and it gives them something to do, and some just because they have the luxury of being able to get and use the drugs without much problem.

Same thing goes for Computer/Video games (especially MMO's). People play them as an escape from real life, they play them because they're bored, or they play them (and spend money on them) because they can. People have even admitted on this forum to spending thousands of dollars in the cash shop and the game hasn't even been out for a year.

That is where my comparison of the people Fox described and the drug seeking patient's I've had to deal with came from.
This discussion has been closed.