Understanding PvP/PK and possible improvements

Options
2»

Comments

• Faildom - Harshlands
    Faildom - Harshlands Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Smart people > no items/worthless items in inv > attack random crimson/QQme members > attack back=kill > no attack back=tick his charm as long as he runs SZ/attacks back.

Yeah pretty cheap way of PKing, alot of QQ, no losses, no need for dolls, no need to bind equip(so no need to waste the item) and only a loss of hp charm every now and then.

seriously i LMFAO about white/pink named higher lvls that use dolls...seriously use ur mind and put ur worthfull stuff in bank, and dont let QQme take 100 dolls of u everyday.

common sense ftw
  • Deathitsou - Harshlands
    Deathitsou - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    so my improvement would be make people protecting themselfes lose less items and give red players a stackable debuff making them weaker whith each kill...wearing of after 2h...

That's if you don't die first. b:laugh
  • Ckycry - Lost City
    Ckycry - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    u guys fail...go play a pve server not you amour....please dont pk me or ima QQ and say how unfar it is on pvp pnderings.
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    oh my ****ing god... i got 200 hours red and i can still grind and do quests... i didnt know i couldnt do that! somethings wrong here b:angry
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Wolfkight - Harshlands
    Wolfkight - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i hate pkers i think its cus i get pked alot lol. but they should make the person who makes the 1st ack pink or reb only not the person who is fighting back cus its not thier fault there getting ack so they should of stay white. and it will be way kool if a person kills like 5 reds or 10 they get a golden name instead so ppl could tell that he is a pkker cus ppl may have a red name but other ppl will think he is a pker so ppl will hate him for no real reason.
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i hate pkers i think its cus i get pked alot lol. but they should make the person who makes the 1st ack pink or reb only not the person who is fighting back cus its not thier fault there getting ack so they should of stay white. and it will be way kool if a person kills like 5 reds or 10 they get a golden name instead so ppl could tell that he is a pkker cus ppl may have a red name but other ppl will think he is a pker so ppl will hate him for no real reason.

If you only kill pkers (red-names), you don't have to worry about your own name going red. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deathitsou - Harshlands
    Deathitsou - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If you only kill pkers (red-names), you don't have to worry about your own name going red. b:pleased

yep, but it does go pink for like a minute
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Or...

Just place guards who patrol the inside of major cities. A few archer guards walking around would be decent punishment.

this

also the lvl 6x+ are lame **** cowards for camping lvl 30's lol it's those guys that shold go to a pve server because they clearly cannot pvp properly lol

i saw 5 guys at hidden orchid yesterday 3 from immune guild one was the leader and a couple others....
    they pk'ed alot of lvl 3x and camped the village for about 15minutes until willpowers turned up and pwned them lol
    it's people like those immune guys that make me sick i mean what's the point?
    YOUR RANK IS WORTH **** ALL IF IT'S MADE BY KILLING NO COMPETITION PEOPLE!

i think that rank should be only gainable by kills u make from ppl the same lvl or above tbh

/Rant over
  • MiniFace - Lost City
    MiniFace - Lost City Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    So, I've only just started this week, and only lvl 26. So I haven't actually Pked anyone yet.. ( Duels are stupid. )

But from what I've read I find it fair enough. I mean if the second I turn lvl 30 I get killed evey 10 minutes then I'll be pretty pissed. But then, I did pick the PvP server and for that Reason. So I can PK.

A good point was that its unfair for the higher lvls 1 hitting the lvl 30's. The most simple way to fix that would be to put a lvl restriction on who you can Pk. But I wouldn't like that, and I'm sure alot of other players wouldn't either, so, I can't believe no one has said this yet but.

If you attack someone who is lets say 20 lvls or more below yours, Instead of 2 hours red, you get 4 hours? Just an Idea.

EDIT: What does QQ stand for? :D
    PM me on Lost City if you need some help b:laugh
  • dodo
    dodo Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Problems with PvP for perfect world:

1) Red name should only wear off outside of safe zone;
    2) Guardian angels and Bound equipment are two features of major FAIL. Angels should not prevent drops from PvP. Bound equipment should never be there. If you break the Law of Causality it is guaranteed that lawlessness prevails. Same with military equipments (non-droppable).

No wonder PvE servers are more popular since justice is completely broken.
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    the idea of a pk server is an idea for all out, full on warfare

in war you cannot say "oh no wait you can't do it like that" or "rdy?"
    lol

can you imagine a pk server with ppl not being able to save equipments that cost over 1million coins?
    the parameters are fine it's the ppl playing on the damn server that are in the wrong place tbh

or if dolls weren't available and you just finished yer DQ and got yer silver orders then BAM u lost em to a oneshot killer
    the dolls protect the noobs and the binding of items for the richer higher lvl players
    if you remove either you will in effect have a pve server where nobody will fight
  • dodo
    dodo Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Peaceful ppl don't need those protection against pker. You just don't fight back you won't lose your expensive item.

Guardian angels and bound equipment as currently implemented are godsend for the random pkers to pk anyone without consequence. If you argue that there is too much punishment for PvP so no one would fight then you can always lower the drop rate. Unless you are arguing to remove all punishment for PvP (i.e. no drop/loss whatsoever) then there isn't much to discuss.

The main difference between lowering drop rate for PvP and features such as guardian angels/bound equipment is that, the latters break the Law of Causality as the revenger/vigilante can not gain anything back from the villains. This has destroyed the balance between the good side and bad side. ppl suggested bounty system why? It is exactly to restore such imbalance. If not for angels and bound equipments, no bounty system is necessary.

Having a lawless society is not good to the game at all. It's not good for games to be a place for killing without cause and consequence, and it would lose a lot of 'carebear' players (thus revenue). Hardcore pkers will always fight even with steep punishment, shown by such games with full loot PvP, so the argument that without angels & bound equipment then nobody would pk is proven false.
  • Favu - Heavens Tear
    Favu - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Ok First of all. If you hate PvP/PK so much, why the hell are you on Lost City (PvP)? I honestly don't understand this people on Lost City always complaining of all higher levels PKing them, if you don't like PvPing, simply go to a PvE server and don't leave Shield Mode, now don't come complaining on forums and wasting people's time about being PKed.

this. xD

anyway, I'm on HT and I wish I had known that it was PvE before I started. :\ ****'s boring!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    heaven's tear ~ 100 cleric / 97 veno / 91 barb ~ soy lider de la faccion venganza
  • jeppykaijeey
    jeppykaijeey Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    PK is just ppl who have to compensate for something (probably cause they RL dorks lol) I wish them fun with it :")
  • Lyzzern - Lost City
    Lyzzern - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Actually, PKers don't suffer much of a penalty. Like 90% of them have a lot of Guardian Angels and/or their equipment Bound. I keep saying: Don't QQ about PKers in a PvP server. (Maybe if I say this too many times QQers will actually stop). :)
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2508297003&dateline=1263853257[/SIGPIC]
    Asoteric Runewolf just pwned you b:victory

(Yet another player who has quit this game :>; See you in Forsaken World)
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    PK is just ppl who have to compensate for something (probably cause they RL dorks lol) I wish them fun with it :")

lol. most epic fail post ive ever seen.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    See, what are you doing on the JD fourms complaining about lack of content in PW when you aren't even high enough level to do the content here!

I may not do anything with JD but I do read the fourms.

That post you quoted is true actually.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91