Understanding PvP/PK and possible improvements

Balance_life - Lost City
Balance_life - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
Correct me if I'm wrong:

Does PvP (you know, real PvP - fighting someone who fights back) change your name color to pink / red if you PvP and kill a lot of people?

If it does, it doesn't make any sense to me. Then you have to be red because you had fair fights? ...

Now another issue:

PK'ing (you know, killing someone who did not attempt to fight back) needs to have way more severe penalties.
I have heard that the red wears off after 2 hours of AFK. Are you KIDDING me? So I can just log on my high lvl char, go "pwn 5 n00bs" in a low lvl area then leave my char AFK in town while I'm at school/work and suffer no penalty?

Sorry but that's just stupid. The item drop penalty seems OK but the red should not wear off that easy.
To make things more interesting (and also to prevent low lvl PK'ing by high lvls which is just dumb):

- make red exp-bound. It only wears off by gaining exp (so it requires you to be in a grind spot exposed) or by dying (so you have to lose exp - having to hide with guildmates and whatnot, getting killed and rezzed in a hiding place so people don't steal your drops)
- to make sure this doesn't ruin the fun of same-lvl PK, remove or significantly lower item drop penalty for killing just 1 or 2 or 4 or some small #of people. This allows you to PK some "carebear" of your lvl who never wants to fight back and you can lose the red by killing 10 mobs or whatever per PK (exponentially more as you have more PK's?) You're also not afraid of dropping if you just have 1-2-3 PK's or whatever. EDIT: and you'll be grinding in the same area to lose the red, making things more interesting :)
Post edited by Balance_life - Lost City on

Comments

• Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    How about this? All red players have permanent red status and are basically forced to lose their items, QQ, quit the game, and complain like you.

Seriously, your post is so unfair its not even funny (actually your stupidity is funny rofl)

1. Engaging in any sort of PvP changes your name from White to Pink. Whether your attacked or not
    Correct me if I'm wrong:
    PK'ing (you know, killing someone who did not attempt to fight back) needs to have way more severe penalties.
    I have heard that the red wears off after 2 hours of AFK. Are you KIDDING me? So I can just log on my high lvl char, go "pwn 5 n00bs" in a low lvl area then leave my char AFK in town while I'm at school/work and suffer no penalty?

Sorry but that's just stupid. The item drop penalty seems OK but the red should not wear off that easy.
    To make things more interesting (and also to prevent low lvl PK'ing by high lvls which is just dumb):

Lets see, I killed 10 noobs (yes I r fail pvper), and I have a 20 hr penalty set on me. So I have to waste 20 hrs afking doing nothing INSTEAD of lvling my character! Omg, that's not a punishment? I LOSE 20 hrs of lvling time and I'm forced to camp my behind in town and QQ.

The item drop penalty is harsh. Suppose you have an inventory slot of stackable items (and your lv 90 for example). If you die, random items are dropped, all stacked item of one type drops. Ex) You, stupid person has 1000 1 Star Dragon orbs in inventory. Decide to hit ZephyrX (lv 31 cleric, yes you like picking on lower lvls huh?). Then you got owned by a high lvl and die. Losing 1000 1 Star Dragon Orbs. Yes, not a harsh penalty?

Though your stupid post has one point, pking lower lvls should have restrictions, but you didn't post any suggestion. Therefore.. you fail.
    - make red exp-bound. It only wears off by gaining exp (so it requires you to be in a grind spot exposed) or by dying (so you have to lose exp - having to hide with guildmates and whatnot, getting killed and rezzed in a hiding place so people don't steal your drops)
    - to make sure this doesn't ruin the fun of same-lvl PK, remove or significantly lower item drop penalty for killing just 1 or 2 or 4 or some small #of people. This allows you to PK some "carebear" of your lvl who never wants to fight back and you can lose the red by killing 10 mobs or whatever per PK (exponentially more as you have more PK's?) You're also not afraid of dropping if you just have 1-2-3 PK's or whatever. EDIT: and you'll be grinding in the same area to lose the red, making things more interesting :

If red is exp-bound, it means no one will be stupid enough to Pk. Because the punishment is WAY TOO SEVERE. If I am a lv 100 and I decided to kill a stupid lv 99 because he decide to KS. But wait, I can safely kill him a few times. But the stupid lv 99 comes back and makes me waste my kills. Now I'm forced to QQ while he can safely Pk me or I'm forced to have to UNDERGO harsher penalties.

The original PvP plan has problems, but you don't bring solutions. All you do is bring stupid advices that makes ppl want to quit high lvls and go on lower lvls so they get "special" treatment.

P.S. end script, youfail.exe
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You, stupid person has 1000 1 Star Dragon orbs in inventory. Decide to hit ZephyrX (lv 31 cleric, yes you like picking on lower lvls huh?). Then you got owned by a high lvl and die. Losing 1000 1 Star Dragon Orbs. Yes, not a harsh penalty?

You can only drop stacked items in stacks of 20.

@OP So let's see. You get pk'd, you have to click 'Go to Town' and spend 1 minute flying back, while the pker has to spend 2 hours being hunted by anyone around them, and either have to buy dolls or risk losing their gear. This is why carebears shouldn't leave their Sanctuary. (c wut i did thar)
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited April 2009

@OP So let's see. You get pk'd, you have to click 'Go to Town' and spend 1 minute flying back, while the pker has to spend 2 hours being hunted by anyone around them, and either have to buy dolls or risk losing their gear. This is why carebears shouldn't leave their Sanctuary. (c wut i did thar)

Oh.. didn't know that lol. I remember once I tried to pvp and I dropped all my stack of 18 items. I assumed that it drops up to an infinite amount, but guess not. I'm still new to this game, so there might be many things that I am not aware of yet.
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

• Balance_life - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    How about this? All red players have permanent red status and are basically forced to lose their items, QQ, quit the game, and complain like you.

Seriously, your post is so unfair its not even funny (actually your stupidity is funny rofl)

1. Engaging in any sort of PvP changes your name from White to Pink. Whether your attacked or not

Lets see, I killed 10 noobs (yes I r fail pvper), and I have a 20 hr penalty set on me. So I have to waste 20 hrs afking doing nothing INSTEAD of lvling my character! Omg, that's not a punishment? I LOSE 20 hrs of lvling time and I'm forced to camp my behind in town and QQ.

The item drop penalty is harsh. Suppose you have an inventory slot of stackable items (and your lv 90 for example). If you die, random items are dropped, all stacked item of one type drops. Ex) You, stupid person has 1000 1 Star Dragon orbs in inventory. Decide to hit ZephyrX (lv 31 cleric, yes you like picking on lower lvls huh?). Then you got owned by a high lvl and die. Losing 1000 1 Star Dragon Orbs. Yes, not a harsh penalty?

Though your stupid post has one point, pking lower lvls should have restrictions, but you didn't post any suggestion. Therefore.. you fail.

If red is exp-bound, it means no one will be stupid enough to Pk. Because the punishment is WAY TOO SEVERE. If I am a lv 100 and I decided to kill a stupid lv 99 because he decide to KS. But wait, I can safely kill him a few times. But the stupid lv 99 comes back and makes me waste my kills. Now I'm forced to QQ while he can safely Pk me or I'm forced to have to UNDERGO harsher penalties.

The original PvP plan has problems, but you don't bring solutions. All you do is bring stupid advices that makes ppl want to quit high lvls and go on lower lvls so they get "special" treatment.

P.S. end script, youfail.exe

Wow.

Isn't there already a drop penalty for being red?

And this kind of system works just fine in Lineage 2, people still PK don't worry about it.

Also I don't get your argument with the lvl 99. You say you kill him and he keeps coming back, and you can't keep PK'ing him because..???? I suggested having to kill a FEW mobs for a low # of pk's. By the time he's back you should have killed a few mobs and worked off the red from just one or two pk's. And then you say he PK's you ? uHhh... What???? You can fight back you know? lol.. wasn't the whole point of getting him to fight? And if it was to just straight off PK him cuz he pisses you off in your grind spot, well, you PK him, kill 5 mobs, red wears off.. I don't see the problem.

EDIT: You could of course just impose a level limit on who you can attack (say 20 levels or whatever makes sense) and I'm sure this was suggested before. I'm not sure if that makes sense at higher lvls or in TW's. So somehow this doesn't feel right.
    edited April 2009

You didnt even read my whole post did you? And aren't there already drop penalties for being red so you would be hunted anyway?

Might I actually suggest no drop penalty for some small number like 1-5 PK's or whatever, but you have to come out to a grind spot and kill a few mobs. OH NO now you are the hunted ! Sucks to be on the other side of the PVP spectrum? Who's the carebear now?

And I've always attacked back anyone who's attacked me (unless I was 1-shot by a high lvl of course, which sadly is WAYY more common that someone of equal lvl fighting you for your grind spot)

P.S. Nice pun.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    - to make sure this doesn't ruin the fun of same-lvl PK, remove or significantly lower item drop penalty for killing just 1 or 2 or 4 or some small #of people. This allows you to PK some "carebear" of your lvl who never wants to fight back and you can lose the red by killing 10 mobs or whatever per PK (exponentially more as you have more PK's?) You're also not afraid of dropping if you just have 1-2-3 PK's or whatever. EDIT: and you'll be grinding in the same area to lose the red, making things more interesting :)

o.O Dang... maybe I read too fast lol. (Ok sry about the flaming a bit).

If red is exp-bound. It would make some players be forced to go to a grind spot. So umm... that's actually not a bad idea lol. (So what was I flaming about earlier o.o, slaps self). Ok, so being red will force you to go to a grind spot that's near your level and gain/lose a certain percentage of exp depending on your own level. The worst case being you will drop a ton of items and get repeatly killed. The best case being you getting more exp by killing monsters and get away scant free. Actually it's not bad...

That idea is also not bad! Removing penalties for low number of kills and increase penalty for high amount of kills. Great for killing botters when I'm bored or that "noob". But my problem is that that person could come back and make me waste my penalties and force me to kill them tons of times for a greater penalty. Which kinda doesn't make sense <.<. Ok I'm kinda sorry. Sighs, it's also a better idea then what we have now...

run AI script sorry.exe

EDIT: Currently, our red is also kill bound. Every 100 kills (monsters your lvl+) reduces the time by 1 hr

P.S. Nice job with taking flaming, you get a cookie

edited April 2009
    o.O Dang... maybe I read too fast lol. (Ok sry about the flaming a bit).

If red is exp-bound. It would make some players be forced to go to a grind spot. So umm... that's actually not a bad idea lol. (So what was I flaming about earlier o.o, slaps self). Ok, so being red will force you to go to a grind spot that's near your level and gain/lose a certain percentage of exp depending on your own level. The worst case being you will drop a ton of items and get repeatly killed. The best case being you getting more exp by killing monsters and get away scant free. Actually it's not bad...

That idea is also not bad! Removing penalties for low number of kills and increase penalty for high amount of kills. Great for killing botters when I'm bored or that "noob". But my problem is that that person could come back and make me waste my penalties and force me to kill them tons of times for a greater penalty. Which kinda doesn't make sense <.<. Ok I'm kinda sorry. Sighs, it's also a better idea then what we have now...

run AI script sorry.exe

EDIT: Currently, our red is also kill bound. Every 100 kills (monsters your lvl+) reduces the time by 1 hr

P.S. Nice job with taking flaming, you get a cookie

Don't worry about it.

I didn't know about the 100 kills reducing 1hr. Although we are just doing alot of speculating, wouldn't like.... 10 kills for 1st pk, 20 for 2nd and so on be better (if red wore off ONLY by exp gain/loss?) create more interesting PvP situations with same lvl players instead of PK-10-ppl-and-go-afk-to-sleep-then-school/work?

Say you see a red in your area. You attack him (and you flag in PWI from what I understand by attacking reds - in L2 you could attack red freely so it was much more dangerous to be red) and hope he has more than 5 pk's or something so he dies and drops something. He doesn't however, and maybe you beat him, maybe you don't but PvP is encouraged and he has no other choice to lose the red except by grinding somewhere and being forced in this situation.

EDIT: I suppose everything I've been saying so far might best involve resetting the PK count to 0 every time you are white again.
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    All I see is a QQ thread about being pkd by someone 60 levels above you.
    Sucks.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Snakeeater - Harshlands
    Snakeeater - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Harsher penalites discourages PvP. I think it is good as is except i can live with a level limit range say within 20/25 levels or so (10 is definitely too small)
  • Unstable - Lost City
    Unstable - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lol Amour, if you actually read his post thoroughly you would see that it is actually a good idea that has worked in other games... probably better than the pk system we have now
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lolol. If this was the case, I'd PK anyone near my grinding area just for the hell of it. I'd be white by the time they got back in most cases, killing 10 mobs takes me 2-3 minutes.

Besides, what about people killing themselves at 0%? There's too many flaws.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
    edited April 2009
    lolol. If this was the case, I'd PK anyone near my grinding area just for the hell of it. I'd be white by the time they got back in most cases, killing 10 mobs takes me 2-3 minutes.

Besides, what about people killing themselves at 0%? There's too many flaws.

It was just an idea. Why does everyone think I mean "this is the exact way I think it should be with no modifications"? Why not 30 mobs then for the 1st pk?

Whatever, people are quick to flame and hardly try to contribute something useful.

Oh and I kinda don't care about high lvl PK'ers anymore. I make the exp back in 5 minutes. I hope they keep PK'ing - a lot. I'll be back at higher lvls for some fun b:thanks
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I find it funny that the people who like to complain about ides such as the one in this topic are the high levels that like to pk low levels and don't want anything to stop them.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Oh and I kinda don't care about high lvl PK'ers anymore. I make the exp back in 5 minutes.
    You don't lose exp if a player kills you.

Get your facts straight.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Snakeeater - Harshlands
    Snakeeater - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I find it funny that the people who like to complain about ides such as the one in this topic are the high levels that like to pk low levels and don't want anything to stop them.

I think it is because lower levels get ganked a few times and cry the sky is falling (i am not calling out the OP, i mean in general). As they level up they realize that system is actually pretty good as is. No, 2 hours isn't the biggest deal, but if you do it many times 40 hours is. Some people can only play 1-3 hours a day, these hours add up

Again, i see nothing wrong with a level cap, i have heard no one say this is a terrible idea. The exact number of level difference can be debated. This is the only way though you can prevent low level killing. And personally i don't think it happens enough to even warrant that, but i could live with the game if it implements it or something like it.

All i see is the exp to white thing resulting in cash shoppers being able to PvP through all the now forced doll sales, and non CSers not able to PvP. People who gank low levels is the exception not the norm, and the PvP on the servers HL and LC is pretty healthy as is, no need for a drastic change. On PvP servers PvP should be encouranged yet policed enough so the game is playable. PW does a pretty good job of that.

You read posts on forums that have people complaining so it seems as if it happens more then it does.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Or...

Heres a better idea...

Just place guards who patrol the inside of major cities. A few archer guards walking around would be decent punishment.

Or perhaps, a special assasination request system where the low-levelled players could place bounty's on the heads of their murderers?

Or perhaps, A hitlist vengence system where if you were killed by someone you could instantly teleport to them with a party once (per every death by said player)? It's worked on some other games, and made things a bit more interesting.

I wouldn't mind the vengence system, then all the red people I killed could spawn back for more. Except... I'd hover right above some guards near Bamboo village so when they vengenced, they'd have a lovely surprise waiting for them! Then.... I can go bragging that I one shotted them! (Using Guard Ming)

At any rate after reading walls of text, the original poster was simply putting forth the idea that PK'ers should have to expose themselves to danger while wearing off their time.

Besides his idea would only affect the wannabe's. The ones who are seriously unserious about who they PK, wouldn't care that much.
    edited April 2009
    You don't lose exp if a player kills you.

Get your facts straight.

No wonder it always seemed like I'd "make it back" so fast... my bad b:chuckle
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    A bounty system would be AMAZING.
    There was one in a MMO I used to play, it was pretty fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ghettodog - Lost City
    Ghettodog - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Big question here...

If I were to kill 100 level 2s would I still lose an hour of redness?
  • Jakob - Harshlands
    Jakob - Harshlands Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Big question here...

If I were to kill 100 level 2s would I still lose an hour of redness?

Nah I think you have to kill 100 things that are your lvl or higher.

And if the person you attack hits you back, doesn't your name just go pink for like a minute (I think my friend referred to it as "flagging"?) Sorry if that's already been said I kinda skipped to the last page..b:surrenderb:shutup

Cheersb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eragon - Harshlands
    Eragon - Harshlands Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Nah I think you have to kill 100 things that are your lvl or higher.

And if the person you attack hits you back, doesn't your name just go pink for like a minute (I think my friend referred to it as "flagging"?) Sorry if that's already been said I kinda skipped to the last page..b:surrenderb:shutup

Cheersb:bye

Yes, I would be that friend.
    Anyways, basically to answer the topic and not the other rubbish, is that YOU DO NOT get hours of any sort, if you attack someone and they attack back.
    YOU DO NOT get hours if the person you kill is coloured named.
    YOU DO get hours if you kill a WHITE NAMED and they do not attack you back.
    Wonhalt
  • craftovik17
    craftovik17 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    their names shall appear in BROWN for killing players 20-30 lvls below. Many pkers kill just to have their names in red cause it seems to be cool to them. BROWN color would probably discourage them from sitting in a dangeon waiting for low level players who need to finish their quests.
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ppl still do stuff out of sz besides pk/pvp even if they dark red

i usually dont attk red wf w/nix(unless i got the jump on them) or wb 80+(just gonna be a charm burner for both sides) alone
  • scoryn
    scoryn Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ok, this Pk'ing is a little out of hand. You have high level people camping the quest people that are outside of the safe zones and camping the areas where the quests lead you, and killing everybody who shows up (you kind of can tell what level the people are by where they are fighting with the levels of the creatures). They attack you while you are in combat and wait till you almost dead to one shot you.
    You need to limit the level range on who can attack who like 30 - 39, 40 - 49, etc..., or no more than 10 levels. I've seen this problem in many games and a few of them lost a lot of players because it never got changed. Hopefully something can get figured out pretty soon. I don't mind PK'ing, but at least give us a chance to level without camping the quest people we need to level up, especially with the cultivation quests.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    scoryn wrote: »
    I don't mind PK'ing, but at least give us a chance to level without camping the quest people we need to level up, especially with the cultivation quests.
    If you want controlled pvp, there are pve servers for you.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Zosai - Harshlands
    Zosai - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ok here. The WHOLE POINT of PK is to kill whoever you want when you want. There should be NO level limit. Just because you got killed by a higher level doesn't mean the game isn't fair. go join a PvE server.

Edit: Also guilds who put KoS on other guilds can control the other guilds leveling if they camp the town, which makes it like the days where if one family didn't like another, they would make life miserable for the other family (in the Han era)
  • Lyzzern - Lost City
    Lyzzern - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ok First of all. If you hate PvP/PK so much, why the hell are you on Lost City (PvP)? I honestly don't understand this people on Lost City always complaining of all higher levels PKing them, if you don't like PvPing, simply go to a PvE server and don't leave Shield Mode, now don't come complaining on forums and wasting people's time about being PKed.

The one thing I'd like to change is; Guardian Angels / Dolls:
    Since pretty much everyone at Lv. 60/70+ can PK (On PvP servers at least), most of them are Red, and since they're such high level, they can buy a lot of G.A.'s with the money that, supposedly, they have, so they can be with more than 100 hours red (killed 50 white people), and not be punished for that. That's the only thing I think it's wrong, so G.A.'s should only protect people with less than 20/50hours (Whatever you think it's best) red, and give the +50 hours red people 50% droppage rate, so that can be a punishment for PKers, and some chance for PKKers too. (I'm a PKer, so don't get me wrong)

About the colour system basically, the system is:
    -Pink (Lasts 1 Min): Attacked a person of any colour
    -Peach (Lasts 2~5 hours): Killed at least 1 white person
    -Light Red (Lasts 6~9 hours): Killed at least 3 white people
    -Red (Lasts 10~19 hours): Killed at least 5 people
    -Blood Red (Lasts more than 20 Hours): Killed at least 10 people

(Correct me if I'm wrong, all of this was made by self experience)
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2508297003&dateline=1263853257[/SIGPIC]
    Asoteric Runewolf just pwned you b:victory

(Yet another player who has quit this game :>; See you in Forsaken World)
  • scoryn
    scoryn Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ok, I say it again for the people who don't read, I DON"T MIND PVP. What I'm saying and I'll use small words so you can understand better, that if their are no rules then the people who just join the server and make it to 30th level and constantly get killed with one hit, they will get discouraged and leave the server because they are constantly being killed. Which in the big picture as people get bored, lose internet, ect due to circumstances the population of that server will dwindle and the people who are nice enough not to charge for this game will begin to lose the revenue will slowly be forced to shutdown servers because of the lack of control of pvp. The first servers to go are the pvp every time because they don't have the population. It has happened so many times in so many games that had no rules on pvp.

PVP is one of the biggest problems in these games because people "kill who ever we want". So sure if you want to kill everybody for all the high level people then your just killing the game. Congrats! Now with a few rules that can control, I'm all for it. I've already seen 6 of my friends quite this game and we all play pvp with every game we play together. 2 of my friends and a few others lost exp due to this indiscriminate killing because they were fighting mobs and somebody started to attack them but the mob ended with the majority damage and killing blow. Because the only time I get attacked is when I'm busy fighting mobs.

Oh and how is one guild killing another guild going to help protect the people when you guild is doing the same things. It's like two dogs fighting over meat. Just because you killing another guild doesn't mean you are stopping them from killing low levels.

I see one too many people with their names red, naked, running around kung fu gripping every low level they can get their hands on. Looks like Mike Tyson running around on a preschool playground knocking kids faces in. explain to me how this is challenging and fun.

I can go on and on about this and no amount of defending from the people who are high level doing it is going to change the fact that with no rules or restrictions on the pvp then there eventually be no game. Just look up some of the past mmorpg's and the biggest things that killed them was the pvp systems. BTW the server is controlled pvp, and they are trying to get suggestions on a better way to control it, hence why you haven't killed anybody under 30 and there are safe zones.

Here is a suggestion for the servers, make everybody the same level, take out all the quests that are just for exp, and leave all the quests for equipment, and take out all the safe zones. Take out most of the mobs not needed and make the territory conquerable on a weekly, hell even a daily basis. The defenders get a bonus to their abilities while in their conquered zone and have a few territories neutral where most the questing will be. That would be a game.

So for you people who stumble on this thread and see these people BELOW this comment complaining about what I put in here, then look for their names in game because they are the ones who are doing the free-for-all, back ally jackings on you low level people.
  • Lins - Lost City
    Lins - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Pking is just a fad.
    People wanna look like bad boys and think its so cool of them to kill other players. I don't mind being pk'd by dorks on a game o-o..
    Though it does get a little out of hand.
    I support the idea of people spending their time more wisely. c:
  • LastKiss - Lost City
    LastKiss - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    pk-pros: nothing expensive in inventory, bound equipt -> lose nothing worth

pk noobs: full inventory, no bound equipt -> loses equipt, inventory items

victims fighting back, low chance to win: full inventory, unbound equipt -> may randomly loose some expensive items from inventory

smart victims not fighting back: full inventory, unbound equipt ->loses nothing

you have to be either smart and dont fight back or well prepared for pking or just be invincible...b:victory

i personally be a smart one before losing items to a 20lv higher pker attacking while i am buisy with mobs...b:surrender

this should give all the pkers a litte sign of how strong they really are...attacking people that dont fight back on purpose...b:laugh

so my improvement would be make people protecting themselfes lose less items and give red players a stackable debuff making them weaker whith each kill...wearing of after 2h...
    alternativly make them drop their bound equipt unable to pick up by any other player but themself...