Clerics>Venomancers

Options
SaintDominic - Sanctuary
SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Cleric
Dont let the idea of a veno being the best class in the game ruin ur choice of being a cleric cuz they have their pet to do the dirty work. I think that the phoenix and the herc should be taken out of the game to balance the class out. I luv being a cleric cuz i luv to help peopleb:laugh.
Post edited by SaintDominic - Sanctuary on

Comments

• DMG - Dreamweaver
    DMG - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You say Clerics>Venos, yet you complain that we Venos have an advantage over you?

Well, your argument is certainly solid.
    lol
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You say Clerics>Venos, yet you complain that we Venos have an advantage over you?

Well, your argument is certainly solid.
    lol

lol DMG is rightb:laugh
    Quit.
  • Elendil - Sanctuary
    Elendil - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I love your solid argument, lol

But in all fairness, Herc and Nix aren't exactly cheap, unless you buy gold, it's till much later on till they can actually afford it. I do agree that they do need some minor fixing for those 2 pets, but not removing, lol

And Clerics rule as DD as well :p
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Veno > Cleric

I have 20k coins
    I dont know a veno below 1mil coins.
    b:dirty
  • Elendil - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yaxana, lvl80 veno on my server, she only has 200k coins, that's 300k below me
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Why would you want to see the Herc and Nix being taken out and if this happened all Venos would QQ?

What does this have to with Clerics?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • yasii
    yasii Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Dont remove them- thats silly.b:chuckle

Herc benefits clerics too if you think about it. Now alot of the time we dont have to heal tank as herc can tank alot of stuff too. This lets us have the opportunity to DD once in a while! ^^
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Dont let the idea of a veno being the best class in the game ruin ur choice of being a cleric cuz they have their pet to do the dirty work. I think that the phoenix and the herc should be taken out of the game to balance the class out. I luv being a cleric cuz i luv to help peopleb:laugh.

Sorry for post in a cleric thread but i wanna repply u that PWI never will remove Legendary pets from game cuz a veno needs afford 200$ for buy one of they at boutique and if u want afford it with coins only grinding u will waste around 23m-30m to get it but it means other ppl buying battle pet at boutique for sell u Sources or Fources.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I will respond , playing both class high level

What does a veno without a leg pet do ?

- NOTHING
    really low magic damages, wont survive long without a pet, most ppl wont play fox and debuffs. And we dont have decent AOEs.

Money??? once upon a time.....

Yes that may have been true when there was only a few Herc.. nowadays every veno wants to sell items from TT / Fb and to sell them the prices drop (How come nobody whine about the low prices of TT mats and some Molds ???)

getting 1 mill at 70+ is easy, you just need some farming, .. If you know how to play your cleric, and are an offensive one .. you are on par with a veno (grinding wise) and do much more damages

Cost of repairs? Venos can have lower repairs.. depending if you DD a lot or not.. and if you rarely get hit..

As i said.. playing both classes at high level ..; Cleric is much easier to level .. and has much more money than the veno.

Imagine a server without herc..imagine the prices for "common" (Herc famable bosses) equipement?

5 - 6 times higher

common object = ancient arbor.. used to sell at 1.2 mil (100 -120 k a piece of Chientien)
    Now the Arbor cost 250k ( chiens pieces 40k)

So who does benefit from the herc??? venos a little... everybody else , a lot ;)
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Lennson - Heavens Tear
    Lennson - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The only thing that has ever made me rethink being a Cleric is how much money we burn to maintain mana.

While we do have a buff that increases mana/hp regeneration its effect is negligable when solo'ing at higher levels (60 on wards), due to it bing reduced to 25% in combat.

In anycase I acknoledge that this is just complaining but I dislike running up a mana bill in the hundereds of thosands in one day. Since to my knoledge other classes (even wizzerds) don't normally spend quite as much on running costs.
    (Just something for new clerics to consider)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    What does that have to with Veno and Hercs/Nixs?They can face repair bill if fighting an aoe mob.
  • Lennson - Heavens Tear
    Lennson - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Perhaps I was too indirect I will try to clarify why I bothered to post.

Original Post's claim: Clerics>Venomancers

Nelae, Elendil, and Reivi took this in terms of coin in bank.

I am stating that incomewise clerics are at a substantial dissadvantage (I am using the specific case of grinding because too many things influence what is gained when doing TT or other group activities).

->Biggest disadvantage to clerics in my opinion is our up-keep costs (as a result of going through a lot of mana).

->Raw incomewise when grinding I agree that a well equiped cleric can match a venomancer even is they have cash shop pets.

->A good venomancer will never need to use a charm or pots to restore mana because of skills, as well as having about half the equipment damage because pet does at least half the damage dealing most of the time and takes most of the damage delt back.

->Pet food can be ignored because a venomancer will have a blessing charm to feed pet, and a pet wont die when grinding.

Result is where both the venomancer and cleric make, say 300k while grinding,
    the venomancer will have an upkeep of ~50k (50k equip repair),
    the cleric will have an upkeep of ~150k (70k equip repair, 80k mana restore).

I'm ignoring principle costs since upkeep costs out weight any initial cost over time.
    (100k upkeep difference can amount to 1-4 million coin difference going from level 80-81
    alone depending on how much you grind).

Now perhap Reivi could explain how it is that a cleric can have much more money than the venomancer.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Now perhap Reivi could explain how it is that a cleric can have much more money than the venomancer.

Its called a credit card b:chuckle
  • Xaix - Dreamweaver
    Xaix - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

if clerics charged alot of $$$ for healin/buffing/reviving then its possible lol
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    if clerics charged alot of $$$ for healin/buffing/reviving then its possible lol

And we all know that's not the case.b:sad
  • Xaix - Dreamweaver
    Xaix - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    And we all know that's not the case.

yea just sayin it :P
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    How can a CVleric gain more money than a Veno ???

easy

But you just need to be an active one and not an AFK one.
    ->A good venomancer will never need to use a charm or pots to restore mana because of skills, as well as having about half the equipment damage because pet does at least half the damage dealing most of the time and takes most of the damage delt back.

Do a veno, get it at 75+ and try to go on FB/ TT on your lonesome.. you cant.
    7250 MP gone in 2'30 min.. and the Skill is 5 minute ^^

Many veno uses charms. i dont

Many clerics uses charms .. i DONT
    and i am never OOM

Just try using = Renewal orbs / Concentrate orb ( 100 mana per sec) for 10 minutes

Compared to the cleric buff that only gives 10 per sec ^^

and i uses some sesame once in a while

FYI = i did some tries with MP charms a little while ago
    FB 79 wined, all 4 bosses + bloodlusted, and the scarce mobs around

Try with MP charm = A whole Bronze MP charm goes off (150k mana)

Try with sesame ( no pots) = 15 sesame and 4 uses of the veno mana skill (roughly 60k mana)

The charms ticks at 75%, you loses more off the charm than you really need

If you really need to be afk during your Zhen Hour, go for the charm.;otherwise.; stick to renewal orbs
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Elendil - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I have a veno friend, she makes money much easier than I do on my cleric, I have access to that char and I also make nice sums on it, so I guess venos are somewhat easier to make money than clerics. Then again, I make more money on my archer than she does on her veno...I get most of my arrows as drops, and I barely need HP pots in PvE. I've heard wizards make the best money if played right though, but haven't tested it, so I'm not sure about it.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    For the record....

<
    This cleric bought my veno alt her nix when she was level 12. At the time, I was only about level 84.

Clerics can make a ton of money, just have to know how to do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • TooHotforBob - Lost City
    TooHotforBob - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    For the record....

<
    This cleric bought my veno alt her nix when she was level 12. At the time, I was only about level 84.

ya, marry a rich character. Duh
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yeah cleric can make nice money, that really isnt the problem. The problem is keeping it >.>
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ya, marry a rich character. Duh

Ummm...not married to a rich character at all.

Don't assume. The point is clerics CAN make money. Most people just do not know how to do it. All I am saying.

And as long as you are making money, keeping it is not an issue. Heck I go through 1-2 MP charms a day, but with the money that can be made it is not an issue.

Expenses get high in your 90's because of refining, therefore you have to learn not to spend your money on unless things/items.

1st priority ---> Gold MP Charms
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2009
    Options
    Ummm...not married to a rich character at all.

That was the point. Your not married to a rich character *anymore*. Gold diggin succubus b:chuckle

J/k rose, find a sense of humor dmit >:(
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    That was the point. Your not married to a rich character *anymore*. Gold diggin succubus b:chuckle

J/k rose, find a sense of humor dmit >:(

Psh.....I'm the rich one Bob!!!

b:cute.....and I do have a sense of humor I just like messin with you b:heart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• yasii
    yasii Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Well that applies to all classes i suppose.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Psh.....I'm the rich one Bob!!!

b:cute.....and I do have a sense of humor I just like messin with you b:heart

QQ ur lucky you are 21 lvls above my main. Otherwise id slap u silly one of these days.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    My Cleric has more money than my Veno does as my Veno is lvl 41.I have repair bills for my Veno.btw Cleric don't have to save up if they want Legendary pet and they cost a lot in feed.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well Rose, if i want to make money Gold charms are then of the topic.
    Appo stuff for the same price give you in general more MP then charms.
    And it can be fast too. BUT b:surrender cant play all day, so what lill i have i spend on getting those silly charms so i can help friends. And we all know holding BB for every one else then for your self isnt cheap. Specially if its every day few times >.>
  • Delahk - Sanctuary
    Delahk - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You guys say making money on a cleric is easy if you know what you're doing...but problem is, I don't know :( any help?
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You will learn how to make money just play through the game do your quests.There is thread about this in the beginners forum.