Veno w/o nix or herc?

divin3angel
divin3angel Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Venomancer
I just started playing for about 2 days now. Im wondering is it possible to be a powerfull and fastleveling vm w/o nix or herc? If yes then what pet should i go and tame.
Post edited by divin3angel on

Comments

• Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    U cant tame they.

Nix and Her are legendary pet u need buy from Boutique, catshops or AH Fources or Source and accumulate 9.999 of each one u want after visit the Zoologist at Archonosaur and get your Legendary pet egg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • divin3angel
    edited July 2009
    thats not what i meant, i know how to get nix and herc. but whats the best non legendary pet to use for a vm? in terms of dps,def etc
  • Eunuch - Dreamweaver
    Eunuch - Dreamweaver Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    thats not what i meant, i know how to get nix and herc. but whats the best non legendary pet to use for a vm? in terms of dps,def etc

The Varicose scorpion you get at lvl 3 is the highest dps after phoenix. It'll probably be the best for quick leveling.
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    As a tank some Magnamite kind personally i got the Shikou Valorian lv60 tamed from fb59 comes with blash lv5 and tought lv2 and other skill more

As a flying pet some wasp they are better than the foxwings u can find wasp sincve low lvs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • EvilDragon - Dreamweaver
    EvilDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    best magmite is the Crystalline Magmite. it has better stats then the other magmites. dont forget to upgrade bash, or else you wont hold agro on higher lvls.b:pleased
  • divin3angel
    edited July 2009
    ok thanks, you all
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    best magmite is the Crystalline Magmite. it has better stats then the other magmites. dont forget to upgrade bash, or else you wont hold agro on higher lvls.b:pleased

Not true. The Shikou Valorian is significantly faster and comes with lv. 5 bash which you can't get on your Crystalline Magmite for another 20 levels.

Magmites suck anyway. I have yet to see a valid reason for having one over other pets. Highest P.Def is just a stat, not an ability.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • taz860
    taz860 Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    Not true. The Shikou Valorian is significantly faster and comes with lv. 5 bash which you can't get on your Crystalline Magmite for another 20 levels.

Magmites suck anyway. I have yet to see a valid reason for having one over other pets. Highest P.Def is just a stat, not an ability.

u dont know what ur talking about that the problem !! u will see it later when u wanna do ur first TT or what ever.

use

crystaline magmite & petite sawfly

that are the best pets there till u get herc/nix !!

sure there are more pets and maybe magmite looks bad or whatever but still the best bet after herc same with sawfly.
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2009

LOL, Just started seeing that happen again after getting my TT60 Ancient Arbor.

Off to Mrs. Zoologist again...
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
    edited July 2009
    taz860 wrote: »
    u dont know what ur talking about that the problem !! u will see it later when u wanna do ur first TT or what ever.

You will find tweakz does know of what he/she speaks, maybe not the best delivery, but knowledgable.
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    edited July 2009

Soo, before I run off to Mrs. Z, you would suggest I trade in my L62 C. Mag for a Shikou Valorian from FB59?

I also have a L62 Marksman as a 2ndary Land Pet.
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
  • tweakz
    edited July 2009
    Soo, before I run off to Mrs. Z, you would suggest I trade in my L62 C. Mag for a Shikou Valorian from FB59?

If you like the slow but tougher CM, stick with it. Personally I find no use for a Golem, and think it a waste to upgrade it's skills which end up making it delay your acquiring a Herc. That's something to consider, not saying it's what you should do.
    edited July 2009
    I am giving the Herc some serious thought... it's the $$$ that bugs me...

I grind ok, I try to save in-game coin but it seems to always stay at a level amount. I could forego skill upgrades, but I figured that will slow down my kill ratio and hence my ability to collect coin.

I now have 2 mil saved b/c I finally went and dumped all my DQ61 and lower items to the NPC.

Seems hard finding a good balance to keep the flow IN high while keeping the OUT low.

I suppose I could stop trying to farm Mats as that takes away from the grind, but god the grind can get so boring... LOL

(I used RL $$$ to upgrade my Manta, Storage Space, Charms & Cupie Dolls.)
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
  • nicoleluver
    nicoleluver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I scrapped my Lv 80 Archer, sold all the stuff on her and created a new veno, grinded 10m more and finally got herc b:cute And now.... Need to get Nix b:cry

I stayed at Lv 60 - 65 at Foxies and grinded on them like hell, I was insane, like I even skipped doing Crazy Stone or any quests and stayed at Lv 63 for 15 Days, Grinded my butt off each day, making 750K+ day lol So yeah it is possible to get herc + Nix without real $$$ xD You just need to have plenty of grind time + No life like me b:victory And 5 GB of Grinding Music to listen to when your bored >.<
  • taz860
    edited July 2009
    I am giving the Herc some serious thought... it's the $$$ that bugs me...

I grind ok, I try to save in-game coin but it seems to always stay at a level amount. I could forego skill upgrades, but I figured that will slow down my kill ratio and hence my ability to collect coin.

I now have 2 mil saved b/c I finally went and dumped all my DQ61 and lower items to the NPC.

Seems hard finding a good balance to keep the flow IN high while keeping the OUT low.

I suppose I could stop trying to farm Mats as that takes away from the grind, but god the grind can get so boring... LOL

(I used RL $$$ to upgrade my Manta, Storage Space, Charms & Cupie Dolls.)

ur lvl 62 do HH 1-1 with ur Magmite u can tank both bosses esay if ur full mage.
    u will make lots of money drums/edge/mirage each run 150-200k maybe more if ur lucky fram mats for 1 hours than u can do 7-10 hh runs 2 mil each day after 10 -15 days u have ur herc.
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ...Ok, I hate it when people keep telling you to just grind for TT mats and they think it's so easy to do it and get everything easily. Yes, I realize that IF you sell everything, you'll get a lot of money for it, but keep in mind that almost EVERY OTHER VENO, and other class as well, will be doing the EXACT SAME THING.

Alright, so IF you're the only player in the game that does TT ever, fine, money will come easy for you. But if you're not, you're competing with the market, along with everyone else who wants to earn a lot of money, and so the money flow doesn't come as easy as most people think. I just irks me whenever people tell me that grinding TT is just the best idea ever. It's only 'good' when you get really good drops. Otherwise, you'd get the same amount of money just grinding DQ items for the same amount of time.

.....Ok, that's my rant. Continue on with whatever it was you were discussing before....>.>
  • taz860
    edited July 2009
    ...Ok, I hate it when people keep telling you to just grind for TT mats and they think it's so easy to do it and get everything easily. Yes, I realize that IF you sell everything, you'll get a lot of money for it, but keep in mind that almost EVERY OTHER VENO, and other class as well, will be doing the EXACT SAME THING.

Alright, so IF you're the only player in the game that does TT ever, fine, money will come easy for you. But if you're not, you're competing with the market, along with everyone else who wants to earn a lot of money, and so the money flow doesn't come as easy as most people think. I just irks me whenever people tell me that grinding TT is just the best idea ever. It's only 'good' when you get really good drops. Otherwise, you'd get the same amount of money just grinding DQ items for the same amount of time.

.....Ok, that's my rant. Continue on with whatever it was you were discussing before....>.>

whatever u mean.
    i got my herc with 64 or so i dont spend a single $ soon i have my nix.
    go and fram dq if u like that more.
    idk u have ur herc/Nix yet at lvl 78 ? andfor real if u see player sell the items for 150k u sell it for 140k-135k done who cares the 10k ? u will sell it fast.
    now go and farm more TT
    edited July 2009
    You just need to have plenty of grind time + No life like me b:victory And 5 GB of Grinding Music to listen to when your bored >.<

Thats what's missing, a Grinding Soundtrack... PW Music is good Sleepytime music.

LOL

Hey are HH and TT the same thing? or separate instances?

I think I will try to do those and compare for myself which suits me better.
    I am finding that a good portion of the advice fits or doesn't fit based on an individuals playing style.

THX for all of the input, it helps make informed decisions.
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    What I'm saying is that farming TT is not the end-all way to get money. Now, I agree that if you sell it cheap, then people are likely to buy it, but then the same effect will happen to everyone else. "Oh, that veno's selling it cheaper than me, I have to sell it even cheaper!"

Well, whatever. If it's your way, it's your way. I'm not going to go into an argument about this. I already have a phoenix and a herc, it's none of my concern about what you do.

EDIT: HH and TT are the same thing, just that HH is the PW-MY name and TT is the PWI name
    edited July 2009
    Ah let me see if I understand this right...

When you "Farm" TT, you get items you would need to CatShop or AH.
    Unlike Grinding regular MOBs and NPC the DQs.

Correct?

Also is the Exp level in the TT like the FBs?
    It seems to me, other than joining a tabbed excursion, the Exp levels seem low in FBs.

Please feel free to correct me if I misunderstand this.

THX
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
  • tweakz
    edited July 2009
    I grind ok, I try to save in-game coin but it seems to always stay at a level amount.

Merchanting is part of the game. Saving coin is waste if you can turn it into more. I'd recommend buying SoF and PF through your kitty shop (look at what others are paying) and turn around and sell them at a mark up.
    I could forego skill upgrades, but I figured that will slow down my kill ratio and hence my ability to collect coin.

Some skill upgrades are ok to skip on. Do some research and thought before buying. -Don't trust every guide you read: most are seriously flawed.

Not sure, but I think it's cheaper to buy Dragon Orders than earn them. I get a good portion of my coin from DQ items.

This could be because of emtpy XP. That is XP with no rep, no coin, and even XP that cost you. I skipped the Crazy Stone, Justice Quests and World Quests because they set you back on your coin/rep to XP ratio as well as taking time away from you making coin.

Do both at the same time. Mining is good recovery time, or a chance to let your pet earn it's keep while you dig.
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Ah let me see if I understand this right...

When you "Farm" TT, you get items you would need to CatShop or AH.
    Unlike Grinding regular MOBs and NPC the DQs.

Correct?

Also is the Exp level in the TT like the FBs?
    It seems to me, other than joining a tabbed excursion, the Exp levels seem low in FBs.

Please feel free to correct me if I misunderstand this.

THX

You don't get much exp from TT because unlike FBs, there's no tabbing involved, so the exp sucks. And yes, 'farming' the mats requires you sell them from catshops or AH.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Nah, just upgrade the skill. Its 200k coins for that and you still have a superior pet. People have done the "disposable" pet before and it is not worth it, since you keep trading up to an inferior pet, if you plan to stick to it for any amount of time. Exception is if you go with a different pet type all together, but within the same tree, if this is something you use all the time, just keep it.

If this was a "show pet" or some novelty pet that you barely use, than it would not be worth, but for something you use 99% of time, it is a small investment.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited July 2009
    Some skill upgrades are ok to skip on. Do some research and thought before buying.

Do both at the same time. Mining is good recovery time, or a chance to let your pet earn it's keep while you dig.

OK, good advice.
    You don't get much exp from TT because unlike FBs, there's no tabbing involved, so the exp sucks. And yes, 'farming' the mats requires you sell them from catshops or AH.

That's what I wanted to know... THX! Seems the Grind is faster since you aren't at the mercy of waiting for someone to come along and buy what you have.
    Nah, just upgrade the skill. Its 200k coins for that and you still have a superior pet. People have done the "disposable" pet before and it is not worth it, since you keep trading up to an inferior pet, if you plan to stick to it for any amount of time. Exception is if you go with a different pet type all together, but within the same tree, if this is something you use all the time, just keep it.

If this was a "show pet" or some novelty pet that you barely use, than it would not be worth, but for something you use 99% of time, it is a small investment.

Also, good advice. I use the C-Mag most of the time so that makes sense, especially since I have already invested time and coin to upgrade him once already.
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    edited July 2009
    Thank You all for the helpful advice.

I will continue to save up, but I will invest in my Golem in the interim, I know that the Herc is the way to go if you want to be able to solo Bosses...

Since the Nix won't fly in the instances, it becomes the 2nd choice for PvE in my opinion. Even though it deals high damage, it doesn't strike me as the best bang for my buck. If I ever decide to PvP I will revisit that decision.
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    It all really depends on your playing preferences. I got my phoenix before my herc because I hardly ever EVER go into TT or anything. Nix does just fine on the majority of the mobs I try it on, so I'm perfectly content with my choice.

Most venos will tell you to get a herc and solo TT for your phoenix. I'll just say that it's all really up to you. If I got my herc before the phoenix, I'll still probably hardly solo TTs or anything, and I'm still fine with it. Both pets are worth the money in the end anyways.
  • ShadowTails - Heavens Tear
    ShadowTails - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If yes then what pet should i go and tame.

The times I've heard that question... Tame them all then keep the ones you enjoy the most b:victory.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The times I've heard that question... Tame them all then keep the ones you enjoy the most b:victory.

You gotta catch them all
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • ShadowTails - Heavens Tear
    ShadowTails - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You gotta catch them all

Sounds fun doesn't it? b:chuckle
  • killajemz
    killajemz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i dunno about all these pets, ive had my sharp tooth wolfling and its lvl 63 now and its doing me just fine

hp 1782, phy att 1212, phy def 4161, mag def 4577, acc 1404,
    let me know what u think