I'm not obligated to rez you. :(

Comments

• Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    as you can see by my avatar, i'm a veno. but that doesnt stop dead people from pming me demanding a res. then when i tell them im a veno, they curse me out.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    as you can see by my avatar, i'm a veno. but that doesnt stop dead people from pming me demanding a res. then when i tell them im a veno, they curse me out.

I usualy tell them that if they were my pet I could res them, but since they are not, they are SOL.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • NeBaVi - Dreamweaver
    NeBaVi - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    if u really sucks and u can't face those mobs I could help u :)

i don't suck, im just lazy to buy pots and repair my stuff so once in a while someone else could spend their charms on me and do their class role :)
  • Lishandian - Heavens Tear
    Lishandian - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    b:chuckle Talking about people mistaking your class for clerics...Yea, hard to believe people would mistaken veno for cleric (I mean they have such a cute tail and ears...cleric got a feather on them)...ok maybe not hard if they are far away from you and can't even click on your character to see if you have little wings on your head after you res your pet. But I know my brother who's a an archer always get a pm and a demand to res them when he's holding a big and shiny bow (not the low level bow either) (o.O how you mistake that for a cleric weapon). Of course they got mad at him since he said he can't res.

The one think I gotta say over all is...if you get a buff or res from anyone or any class, please say thank you whether it's on the spot or a little late (better late than never). Don't pm them and cuss them out or tell them to get away from where you're at cuz you own the land and only you're allowed to be there. (I see that happened.) o.o Left the buffer speechless.

Also, buff does not equal to you killing someone's mob when you ask for buff while someone is attacking something.

Btw...if you have a tail beware...my hand might decide to tug on it on its own....just cuz it's cute...
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited July 2009

I went AFK today over the middle of nowhere. When I came back, a guy had offered me 5k to res him, and then gotten angry because "5k isn't good enough for you?!" So, I simply responded "5k would be great. But I'm a VENO." And he apologized. b:chuckle
  • NeBaVi - Dreamweaver
    NeBaVi - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    when i play archer and ppl ask me for a res then i just tell them to wait a min and continue grind and wait what they gonna say lol
  • Nehru - Heavens Tear
    Nehru - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    After three years of playing druids, clerics, priests and other healing classes in various MMOs, I'm more likely to side with the healer than with the random guy demanding heals.

Healers are under no obligation to heal anyone not in their party or guild.
    There are players who will step in and rescue people if they see someone out in the world who is obviously in over their heads. There are players who will stop and rez people that they come across. There are also players who will toss around buffs like they have a bottomless mana pool. Thing is, demanding that they do so tends to negate any generous tendencies.
    "It is said that whomsoever the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad. In fact, whomsoever the gods wish to destroy, they first hand the equivilant of a stick with a fizzing fuse and ACME Dynamite Company written on the side. It's more interesting, and doesn't take so long."
    - Terry Pratchett
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    how selfish do you have to be to not want to help someone out for 10 seconds thats like 1 minutes flying distance away?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zyhara - Sanctuary
    Zyhara - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Honestly, I agree with the OP- Just because they are a Cleric does not mean they are everyone's *****. Perhaps you should carry rez scrolls with you if you're at a high enough level that it makes a huge difference if you do die. Every player should be responsible for themselves. If you have a chance of dying, get a damn rez scroll. And also, don't DEMAND that they rez you. You ask nicely. b:angry :P And I'm not even a cleric, but it just annoys me people "Rez me, rez me rez me" I mean..... are you going to do anything/give anything to them for doing so? Probably not, so stop complaining.
  • CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver
    CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If the person is close and asks nicely, sure I'm going to rez them. I would want someone to do the same for me. As another person said, we have spells to HELP OTHERS while other classes get a lot of spells to use on themselves. If you are selfish and focusing only yourself then you shouldn't be a Cleric to begin with.

I carry GA's but that doesn't mean I want to go back to town and lose time if there is another fellow cleric near me. If someone doesn't answer me when I ask politely ask for help within 2 mins or so, then I go back to town no biggie.
  • Pixydust - Heavens Tear
    Pixydust - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I see it this way ,you can wine about all this without any respect to others but as u see i play on heavens tear, and the 2 highest lvled charecter on there is a cleric. Who has been on top of the rooster for longer than this tread will last..So the way i see it is that clerics are needed more than winers...do we need some cheese on that guys..
    \
  • Lucky_Curse - Lost City
    Lucky_Curse - Lost City Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    you should had made a poll to get a faster view of what the public's think. (only a hand full of people actually post something)
  • scridon
    scridon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I sure as hell didn't read through all 11 pages but thought I would add my thoughts.

If you are flying somewhere and someone randomly pm's you for a res, and you don't feel like doing so, ignore them. Its very simple.

My view on this is if you want a res you best damn well ask nicely first of all. If I dont feel like resing you for whatever reason and you dont like it, well you can pucker up.....b:kiss
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    how selfish do you have to be to not want to help someone out for 10 seconds thats like 1 minutes flying distance away?

Let me see, not that much. But to make it clear.
    Dieing every 2min and asking for res = no res for you.
    Ksed my pull = you will die and no res for you.
    Shouting res me without saying please = walk by you aka no res for you
    Being generally rude = no res for you.

Otherwise i dont mind to res, but i am not a slave to res you the moment you ask, i am doing sumthing just like you, wait go drink coffee and eventually you will be resed.
    b:dirty
  • Hoar - Sanctuary
    Hoar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Clerics are a healing/buff/support class, it's what they are for in every game. However I believe that is mainly used for party, it's nice if a cleric goes out of their way to buff/res you, but you should think of it as that. Something nice. I have a cleric alt and gladly buff/res anyone who asks me to "nicely". Any rudeness should be ignored. That is just my opinion.
    b:cute
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I always ask nicely for a res if I need it. I don't expect them to heal me but you can't sit there and say as a cleric "that's not my job." That's part of the role of the character. Most clerics and every other class that can give a buff I've come across like to help out. That's why I like this game. b:bye
  • Holystic - Sanctuary
    Holystic - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Dieing every 2min and asking for res = no res for you.
    Ksed my pull = you will die and no res for you.
    Shouting res me without saying please = walk by you aka no res for you
    Being generally rude = no res for you.

Otherwise i dont mind to res, but i am not a slave to res you the moment you ask, i am doing sumthing just like you, wait go drink coffee and eventually you will be resed.

/Agree ..btw I'm not nice as her, I'm not your b*tch , If you are nice I might rezz. If you are high lvl no excuse for not running without a GA simple. Don't expect a rezz from all clerics, it is a privilege not an obligation.
  • Hoar - Sanctuary
    Hoar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    /Agree ..btw I'm not nice as her, I'm not your b*tch , If you are nice I might rezz. If you are high lvl no excuse for not running without a GA simple. Don't expect a rezz from all clerics, it is a privilege not an obligation.
    That is not true.
    I never carry a GA due to the fact I simply DO NOT DIE.
    A lot of higher levels don't.
    b:chuckle
  • BigBearP - Heavens Tear
    BigBearP - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    seems like this is going a little away from the original post.

the op stated that they got a pm asking for a res(no mention of asking rudely) while they were flying on wq.

they then stated they "probably" already passed them.

so while I agree a random cleric shouldn't be asked to drop what they are doing and res some random person clear across the map or to res someone that asks rudely or has been stealing mobs or anything, I fail to see how it seems to be such a big deal to take 30 seconds to res someone your near when they ask(assuming without being rude)

on to barbs stopping to buff while honestly I will buff random ppl if they ask doing so as a barb does require more than a simple click because barb buffs require you to be in squad. unlike cleric buff where you just target and cast

and tanking any boss mobs(other than low lvl ones) takes quite a bit longer than the minute it takes to res someone not to mention repair costs which get pretty high tanking bosses, giving a res will not occur(maybe weapon damage not sure if res damages your weapon so maybe a slight cost to the cleric to res) so I'm not sure how this is really comparable to asking for a res
  • onyxfierce
    onyxfierce Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    To all of the people saying Clerics are just used for rezzing/buffing blabla
    thats bull****. If we were, i highly doubt we would be able to do quests at all[;

Yes, it's a main skill we use often but that doesn't mean we HAVE to use it, especially not on other people who just expect you to come help them no matter what.
    If you haven't noticed, we're people;D and nobody is the same, so some of us chose to be a cleric because we want to heal ourselves and fly. Not because we want to ressurect idiots who take advantage of us.

I'm not saying i dont rez people, i do alot, but it's stupid to think of a cleric as a tool.
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think you don't have to ressurect anyone if you don't want to. But it would be nice to ressurect someone if he/she is really close to you.
    The only time I asked for a ressurection, the cleric was next to me but totally ignored me. I didn't say anything else after asking him nicely and went to town. So now I never ask any clerics to ressurect me since most ignore me anyway. And besides that, I don't need to. I always make sure I have a few GA just in case. So what if i go to town? I don't care as long as I don't lose any exp.
  • onyxfierce
    onyxfierce Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Well i mean if a clerics right next to you and refuses to rez that's lame o_o
    I would. We should expect people to ask xD

But for example, earlier someone wanted me to fly quite a bit to get to his dead friend while i was in the middle of battle.
    -_- And i say no, guess what? RAGE.
    It's so annoying.
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Dieing every 2min and asking for res = no res for you. - mmm that's so realistic and possible! There's people everywhere falling before your feet!!!
    Ksed my pull = you will die and no res for you. - Never said you should rez someone that ksed you
    Shouting res me without saying please = walk by you aka no res for you - didn't say this either
    Being generally rude = no res for you. - wouldn't rez you either

But to make it clear.
    all I'm saying is if you get asked for a rez in an acceptable manner (I don't see why anyone wouldn't) from someone that's about a minutes fly away from you, that you happen to go by while flying to somewhere or something, you'd have to be selfish to not to rez em :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aloywheels
    aloywheels Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    well if it only takes a min to go res someone it takes only a few seconds to party and buff T_T
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I don't res people while I'm on my villa quest. Period. Not even in the rare cases where I'm actually paying attention to the screen.The reason is that when I get a request for a rez, I'm usually quite some distance off already, which means a LOT of lost time for me in backtracking, landing, finding the person, fighting off mobs that might be in the way, and casting my spell. After which I have to regain altitude, reset my target, and generally waste a lot of time - especially if I've not noticed the message ticking in instantly, and thus I can easily be in an entirely different area.

Random requests while I'm grinding/killing stuff are treated entirely differently. If you want a res from me, you'd better have had your wits about you and done me a favour first - like throwing -your- buffs on me. Then your bargaining position is better when you ask for a res. If not, then I'm a sticker for politeness and the ability to express the desire for a res in a coherent fashion. So going "rez me!" is the surefire way to NOT get a res from me. Not even "rez mi pls!!" will work. "Will you please revive me?", however, might just work.

I didn't roll a cleric because I was born with a helpful mindset. I rolled a cleric because I have a fondness for glass cannons that can be modified to have some of the highest survivability and grind-ability in the game. That I can keep a squad alive during world bosses is just an added perk, if you ask me.
  • deviouz
    deviouz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    AFK Message: This is a recording. If you are wanting to be rezzed, please type 1. If you are wanting to be buffed, please type 2. If you just want to give me a hug, please type 3. To speak with an operator, please press and hold alt+f4.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    There have been a couple instances in game where people have yelled at me for not rezzing them. Such as earlier today, I was flying for my WQ and some random guy pmed me to rez him. I told him, I probably passed him already. Then for 10 whole minutes he harassed me, and kept saying how I was a dumb worthless cleric. Honestly, I'm not going go out of my way to rez some random guy.

And I was wondering what other people expect from clerics?

honestly, I think its a privilege that we rez random people XD.

I would of blacklisted this person and maybe maybe report him to support oh just blacklist him at the first insult.
    Originally Posted by TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    clerics are made for heal/rezz/buff/support team, if u don't do it u sucks as a cleric and u can roll another class, that's a statement
    This is not entirely true if res scrolls were cheaper say 500 more other could do ressing.

^<snicker>
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Trayous - Sanctuary
    Trayous - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Seems some people cant grasp why we have our skill's - Faction - friends list or even play the game.

I play because i enjoy playing . I play a cleric because i enjoy the class.

I maxed the skills i needed that would get me through the game.

I need people and people need me .

My buffs are for me, my squad members, Faction and Friends .

My rezz's are for squad members, Faction and Friends.

My dmg spells are for grinding .

Anything else is done from the kindness of my heart. So if you dont know me and i dont know you then you had best hope im in a good mood if you require anything from me.

The best thing you can do to help yourself is learn your class. Learn your capabilities. Learn how to fight. Learn how to avoid adds and then maybe you wont need a rezz. Or maybe you suck so bad you should go play the syms instead .
  • Dazee - Harshlands
    Dazee - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'll start out by saying... I did NOT read all of the pages of posts, so.. I'm sure some of this has already been said.

This is usually a problem in any MMO. At least is has been in any I've played.
    I also think the biggest issue here was not so much someone asking to be rezzed, but rather the harassment that was received after they were told "No, I'm not turning back for you."

I personally never count on someone else to heal/rezz me. I make sure that I try to have what I need to take care of myself because I know I can't always be sure someone else will be around to help. Unless I'm in a team/party.. then I expect the cleric to do what they're there to do.

I also hate asking people for this kind of help. Unless I saw a cleric just standing near me doing nothing, I'd probably never even ask someone for a rezz/heal/buff... makes me feel like I'm begging. "OmG! Plz rEz$ m3!!11!! im uSelessss wo sum1 tehre 2 hold mah h4nd!"
    ... So I probably work by myself a little more often than I should.
  • DrCherry - Lost City
    DrCherry - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    clerics are made for heal/rezz/buff/support team, if u don't do it u sucks as a cleric and u can roll another class, that's a statement

lol ok first off, not all clerics are support, some are battle clerics
    and a battle cleric,without heals/res/buff,,, that can out damage wiz/archer suck?