NEW! Bounty System

Options
Ezriel - Harshlands
Ezriel - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
Welcome.

I am pleased to announce, holy's Path is currently launching a new community wide service to players.
As of now, we are currently launching a Bounty system for the community of Harshlands.

Note: This will expand in time, but for now we are limiting it to this server for a week.

How it Works

Posting a Bounty

1: Player(s) Posts a Bounty offer via a Forum.
2: Player(s) are required to pay this bounty after the player has been killed.
3: An in-game Notification will be sent, Via mail to notify the Bounty Poster of the kill.
4: The Poster will then be required to Mail the Bounty in game.

Collecting a bounty

1: Bounty Hunter will look for bounties that interest them.
2: Bounty Hunters will track and kill Them.
3: A screen shot will be required, Via our website (Collecting Bounty Forums).
4: After the screen shot is posted, the bounty poster will be contacted.
5: The poster will mail the bounty Hunter the gold.

Bounty Hunter Teams(Optional)

1: Teams require a fee to the website, and a will have a captain, And a name, as well as a selected Picture to represent their team.
2: Teams are able to hunt in a pack, thus making it safer, faster and easier to collect higher level bounties.
3: Team Captains will split the gold with the team, as they see fit.
4: Each team can have a max of 5 players.
(basically this is paying for a cool name, pick, and stats to track on the website)

To Collect On current Bounties, Click here:
http://holyspath.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=629837&gid=69145

To Post a new Bounty, Click here:

http://holyspath.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=629836&gid=69145

To Visit our website, click here:

http://pwi.guildlaunch.com
Post edited by Ezriel - Harshlands on

Comments

• darkjagans
    darkjagans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    can you even do this kinda stuff?
    is it even legit?

i mean i dont play on a pvp server, so it really doesn't concern me much...

but one thing that comes to mind would be that...what's stopping the hunter and target from working together? the target can easily let the hunter kill him/her and they can share the gold/reward between themselves without you knowing
  • Ezriel - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    darkjagans wrote: »
    can you even do this kinda stuff?
    is it even legit?

i mean i dont play on a pvp server, so it really doesn't concern me much...

but one thing that comes to mind would be that...what's stopping the hunter and target from working together? the target can easily let the hunter kill him/her and they can share the gold/reward between themselves without you knowing

You cant scam the system like that.

because the player posting the bounty is the one paying it.
    thus, he would be giving 1/2 of his gold to his friend.
    does work, no profit.

also because its directly from the bounty poster, to the bounty hunter, it prevents mix ups etc.
    i am just providing the means to organize this.
  • Swiftail - Heavens Tear
    Swiftail - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i lol at this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Clickftw - Harshlands
    Clickftw - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    sounds ridiculous, your saying you're gonna kill people who are 8x when you are 2x?
    No PC atmb:cry
  • Ezriel - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    sounds ridiculous, your saying you're gonna kill people who are 8x when you are 2x?

Player(s) who are 50,60,70, 80 or what ever, who want to earn gold, or like to pvp can come to the website and look for people to kill.
    after that the poster can give them the money.

and posters who are lower level will get their revenge.

its not doom to failure, iv gotten probly about 100-120+ tells already in game for it. it will be a huge thing.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    lol thats so stupid. DOOMED TO FAIL!
    u are in a PvE server, roll a class in a PvP server for a while and u'll have enemies, before saying a thread is fail get ur things straight
    unless it's a wierd joke, and I don't think so, that's not his main player and he wants to stay unknown since this bounty hunt will cause him and his squads to be hated, again I have to ask u to think before posting cuz u are bored
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkjagans
    darkjagans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You cant scam the system like that.

because the player posting the bounty is the one paying it.
    thus, he would be giving 1/2 of his gold to his friend.
    does work, no profit.
    uh... right...
    Player A posts a bounty for 1,000,000 to kill Player B
    Player C takes up the hunt and works together with Player B for reward
    Player C kills Player B and takes a screenshot of the kill
    Player A pays Player C the 1,000,000
    Player C shares 500,000 with Player B

you get what i mean?
    i am just providing the means to organize this.
    how can you enforce those who set up the bounty will keep their word and pay?
  • Ezriel - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    uh... right...

you get what i mean?

by removing their ability to post further bounties.
    If it becomes a problem, we will require them to pay in advance, but for now i want to try it this way.

as for the a,b,c thing, I see what you mean, but i doubt that will be an issue. there is a few things we will look for to give hints of this. ( same guild, repeated actions etc ) and we will take action to stop it ( its the best we can do ) . simple truth is, no system is perfect, some are just better then others.

btw to the person before you , Im on a pvp server you reject.
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I don't play on a PvP server, but I must say it sounds like a good idea to try, at least in theory.

Since it IS a PvP server, seems like it's what ppl wil be doing anyway, whacking other players.

Have fun and have at it. =)
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    lol, why not? b:laugh

Makes the game a whole lot more interesting, I think pw needs a few more things like these to add a little variety and interest to the game and it's community.

Best of luck with it.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Great idea hopefully it forces a system like this in game to happen
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I've left this in general because it doesn't look like a game content suggestion, correct me if I'm wrong and I'll move it to that section.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Nope, I think it's just something the players are taking some initiatve on. Although if you want to drop a hint we won't stop you ;).
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It wouldn't work as a game function for reasons already mentioned in this thread
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Ah, someone else trying to find a way to take money from new players...

Afterall, only new players would ever fall for this.....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Beelzebubble - Harshlands_1287410967
    edited July 2009
    Options
    well it would be cool to have bounty hunters (or team of bounty hunters).b:laugh
    Tomorrow i'll have a kick-hiney sig...b:cry
    edited July 2009
    Options
    well it would be cool to have bounty hunters (or team of bounty hunters).b:laugh

What is stopping you from making a party with your guild and go kill players?
    Go camp low level areas, kill all the noobs, than offer them the chance to pay you protection money to keep them alive. The system would not be too different than what is being suggested, except the noob would actualy see results, unlike with the bounty hunter system.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Beelzebubble - Harshlands_1287410967
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Go camp low level areas, kill all the noobs, than offer them the chance to pay you protection money to keep them alive. The system would not be too different than what is being suggested, except the noob would actualy see results, unlike with the bounty hunter system.

I wasnt talking about asking lowbies for money not to kill them. I mean when a player has problem with someone that is camping him (higher lvl or a full gang) he can hire a squad of high lvls to kill the pk-er. At the end he pays the fee that he agreed upon before.
    Tomorrow i'll have a kick-hiney sig...b:cry
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I wasnt talking about asking lowbies for money not to kill them. I mean when a player has problem with someone that is camping him (higher lvl or a full gang) he can hire a squad of high lvls to kill the pk-er. At the end he pays the fee that he agreed upon before.

If he had payed you for protection, you would be defending him, so he would not need to worry about being camped....

And with that bounty system mentioned, he would be dead on the ground for days, if he was waiting on someone to get a party of 6 level 90+s to go kill a party of level 80s camping him....

You see, he already has to pay half up front, so he will loose the money. We are talking low levels, which have no money to start with, so they can offer what? 20k for a hit? Are you really going to get on a full pvp battle over 20k? Remember, once you do your "hit" the other person's guild will be all over you like flies on you know what. So your expenses will be very high since you will have to keep fending off that guy's you just killed guild.

Than there is the place for abuse up the wazu. Lets say you get a hit on you for 2mil, nothing is stopping you from asking one of your friends to kill you and you can split the bounty. Once again, the low level players gets victmized twice. Once for being killed/camped, the other being taken advange off.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It's obvious you don't like the idea of Bounties, and all you want to do is naysay the whole thing with stupid nightmare scenarios, and the claim that is the only thing that will happen.

If you don't like the idea as much as you claim, and have as much disdain for it as you seem to have, then don't post in the thread.

Ah, someone else trying to find a way to take money from new players...

Afterall, only new players would ever fall for this.....
    If he had payed you for protection, you would be defending him, so he would not need to worry about being camped....

And with that bounty system mentioned, he would be dead on the ground for days, if he was waiting on someone to get a party of 6 level 90+s to go kill a party of level 80s camping him....

You see, he already has to pay half up front, so he will loose the money. We are talking low levels, which have no money to start with, so they can offer what? 20k for a hit? Are you really going to get on a full pvp battle over 20k? Remember, once you do your "hit" the other person's guild will be all over you like flies on you know what. So your expenses will be very high since you will have to keep fending off that guy's you just killed guild.

Than there is the place for abuse up the wazu. Lets say you get a hit on you for 2mil, nothing is stopping you from asking one of your friends to kill you and you can split the bounty. Once again, the low level players gets victmized twice. Once for being killed/camped, the other being taken advange off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Paying 10 coins for every successful 1v1 pk of Desiree. She never holds dolls either so you get to keep the bonus drops. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It's obvious you don't like the idea of Bounties, and all you want to do is naysay the whole thing with stupid nightmare scenarios, and the claim that is the only thing that will happen.

If you don't like the idea as much as you claim, and have as much disdain for it as you seem to have, then don't post in the thread.

lol, This is not a cheerleading board, this is the General one. I do not have to jump on the wagon and cheer for something that is so easely abused and that targets new players. The bounty list is on a board.. anyone can read it, even the "mark". Can you see why it is easy to abuse?

And why do I think it will be abused? Check all the compaints about scams.... think about healing orbs.... shall I say anything else? The people like those that run those scams will be the ones that will jump on this, they will contact the mark and tell them that they will split the gold... I am sure that if someone told you, get an angel on, meet me at xyz, let me kill you once and you get 300k, that you would fly there in a heart beat....

Heck I didn't even start with how easy would be to make a character that has visualy the same name as yours, than go **** people off, get bounties, log on the alt with similar name and have a friend kill you, than collect the bounty. From the screenshot, you would not be able to tell that you have just been swindled.

This is the equivalent of someone posting "Opening a PWI ingame bank. We promess to pay you dividends based on how much you deposit."
  • Aesprika - Sanctuary
    Aesprika - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    What if someone places a bounty and doesn't pay after said player is killed?
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    eh i think its stupid, everybody and anybody already gets killed. I know for a fact if i saw a "Bounty hunter guild" i would just kos em for fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    if any of you people ever played the game Archlord... they have a game implemented bounty system and it is abused daily. People who have a bounty on their head frrom pking random player will get friends to kill them and split the money. Seen it before. Not that a bounty system is bad, but it will get abused.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airawyn - Lost City
    Airawyn - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I have played another game that had an ingame bounty system and it was fun and worked well (not going to name it of course). The way it work, the person that wanted to put a bounty on someone would talk to a NPC and then deciede what he/she wanted to pay. Then once the bounty was place, it would show up on a list and when said person was pked a notice would come up and the bounty hunter would get paid. Not sure if that would be something that could be put into the game, but it would be very interesting if it could be implemented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Veno
  • Piliener - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I've left this in general because it doesn't look like a game content suggestion, correct me if I'm wrong and I'll move it to that section.

Hey can't blame a guy for trying
  • Ezriel - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I have played games like this, For instance [removed] online.
    Bounty systems are good, they encourage pvp.

the website is there for people interested. as for the camping the noob day thing, its not an instant means of help. maybe that can be something that we can dream up on, however this way is simply just something to do for fun. im a noob, im not looking for money, i am just trying to encourage the community in a positive way, and hopefully attract attention to our website so we can grow in numbers. that is my motivation.

Of course there is going to be abuse, but thats people. they abuse every mechanic in the game. the only thing we can do is try to create ways to stop it. so if you will, try to use your creative energy and help me resolve the issues, rather then complaining about them. this way, people remain with a new fun and exciting concept to the game.

Ezriel
  • Lupinae - Sanctuary
    Lupinae - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It could work as an in game feature if the prizes were unable to be traded goodies...
  • bulldog
    bulldog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    uh... right...

you get what i mean?

This is exactly what would happen, you're kidding yourself if you think it wont