AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
whats your opinion O.o

all drops to tabber: eg dq and stuff, everything but coins :P
all equips/molds to tabber: self explanatory
3* and mold to tabber: self explanatory
3* to tabber: all 3* to tabber and everything else goes to whoever gets
mold to tabber: 3* and others to those who gets
all 3* and molds tabber can use: eg if a cleric's fb has galewind hammers it goes to whoever got it (including tabber)
3*and molds tabber can use: same as above
3* the tabber can use and all molds: other 3* to whomever drops
random: whoever gets it gets it
nothing: tabber has to hand drops to runners (so they can divide it, eg they could agree that the person who gets the mold pays 200k to all the members excluding tabber

my personal opinion:
all 3s* as well as molds the tabber can use goes to the tabber, what they want to do with it they can do. but a barb tabber asking for a WoF or arcane armor moldz can kiss my ****. every mold tabber cant use goes to whomever gets it which includes the tabber. we often make deals though such as whoever gets a mold has to pay everyone in the party 50k or more.

why:
because any high level can get way more xp and money and nearly the same amount of rep grinding 1mans with a group. if high levels didnt help tabber would need to wine their fbs (below 59) as well as probably dying 1 or more times during the run. most people dont know how to make money and are still poor at high levels too and each run excluding fbs below 39 costs about 50k+ in teleport/pots/charm/repairs for me
Post edited by AndromedaB - Sanctuary on

Comments

• _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    whats your opinion O.o

Posting is 99% about e-peen/post count is my opinion. O.O
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Why make a pole on it when it already being discussed?We do what you want this game will die.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i say all drops to tabber if they say the want all otherwise all 3 star and molds but above fb39 i do want equips cause i make big armor burn on the 51,59 runs but at lower tabber can have equips preferably not at 39 though and i always keep dqs on random drops
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Saunkari - Sanctuary
    Saunkari - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I don't like people picking and choosing what I can or cannot have, if you don't get enjoyment out of running an instance for a lower level then don't do it. If your there just for the loot and expect to be paid for your time don't offer to help me in the first place.

If your to ignorant to understand that simple concept then you my friend suffer from rectcraninversion (you can google that if you don't know what it means) and no amount of polls or discussion is going to fix that.
    Thankfully there are support groups that can help with that problem.

Keep it random and everyone gets an equal chance at loot, good, bad or indifferent.
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Tabber gets all drops

@OP, when you did your FB's at the begining, did you get the drops when it was your FB?
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    All drops to tabber. The only exception is if the tabber does not have the wine and we provide it. The squad will be put to random. So the 3stars and mold can go either or. b:thanksBut usually we'll give it to them anyway since we're nice. But if they are a pain then well...
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Molds and 3 star to tab. If I want it I can just grind the coins.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    3* and mold to tabberb:cute
    Quit.
  • Dioica - Sanctuary
    Dioica - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If I am tabbing, I expect random distribution unless other people have promised otherwise. If I am tabbing and someone gets something, I will ask if they can use that and if they give "that" to me, I will of course be happy and thank them.

If I am helping someone else in their FB and they ask for something they or their friends can use, I would let them have whatever they asked for. (Unless they ask the next day or something and I already sold whatever they were asking for.)

But AndromedaB's poll does not seem to even recognize people like me.

b:cry
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    In fb my faction run its 3* and molds to tabber but 1* who need them if stats are good.
    I kill things b:victory
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited July 2009
    PW needs more drama. F- the tabber and steal all their loot, then wait for the wc goodness.

b:kiss
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Lolwaitwut? All drops as in dq items and 1*? Lmao :] Thankfully I only heard of 2-3 cases of that happening total on sanctuary. Man if I stumbled across a tabber that demanded those I'd leave them hanging mid fb with half tabs left just to be a prick of equal proportions. 3* and molds they can't use is a joke enough, this is taking the ****.

I mean, back when I was doing my own lowbie fbs, when a higher level got a mold you know what I said? I said gratz, not "can I has pl0x", because I was happy and thankful for a smooth run and actually appreciated the help I got. And it's a difference when someone rushes you through an fb and when someone takes their time to do all YOUR subquests within the fb.

I mean, you're actually **** yourself over with the 'mold to tabber policy'. Say you're a barb or a bm, and you want a misty forest ring. You have what, 3% chance of getting it in your characters lifetime? If everyone was running fbs with random distro, or using the good ole need before greed, you'd have as many shots at the ring as you want. So yeah, you may not get it on your own fb if it drops. But you could have dozens of other shots at it over the next couple of months.

And of course, there are nice tabbers who tell you what they need and want (I want to kiss them when they say I only want the molds I can use, rest is up for grabs b:kiss) and there's moronic mute tabbers who only seem to understand 'tab pls' the 5th time you ask, and tend to look stupid the entire run only following you from a safe distance not willing to move a muscle, then end up being one shot by myriadtail after you tell them 5 times to stay back because the boss has a huge aoe. Or the people who want you to do their 20/20/20 and then ask for all drops? Ha! I mean if I have to ask 5 times at the start if you want the molds and 3* or which quests you need inside the fb and don't get a reply, don't blame me when I decide to keep whatever i get. I mean what's next? Tabbers wanting all books, molds and apo pages from fb89 and 99? Yeh right. b:byeb:shutup
    b:dirty
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Lolwaitwut? All drops as in dq items and 1*? Lmao :] Thankfully I only heard of 2-3 cases of that happening total on sanctuary. Man if I stumbled across a tabber that demanded those I'd leave them hanging mid fb with half tabs left just to be a prick of equal proportions. 3* and molds they can't use is a joke enough, this is taking the ****.

I mean, back when I was doing my own lowbie fbs, when a higher level got a mold you know what I said? I said gratz, not "can I has pl0x", because I was happy and thankful for a smooth run and actually appreciated the help I got. And it's a difference when someone rushes you through an fb and when someone takes their time to do all YOUR subquests within the fb.

I mean, you're actually **** yourself over with the 'mold to tabber policy'. Say you're a barb or a bm, and you want a misty forest ring. You have what, 3% chance of getting it in your characters lifetime? If everyone was running fbs with random distro, or using the good ole need before greed, you'd have as many shots at the ring as you want. So yeah, you may not get it on your own fb if it drops. But you could have dozens of other shots at it over the next couple of months.

And of course, there are nice tabbers who tell you what they need and want (I want to kiss them when they say I only want the molds I can use, rest is up for grabs b:kiss) and there's moronic mute tabbers who only seem to understand 'tab pls' the 5th time you ask, and tend to look stupid the entire run only following you from a safe distance not willing to move a muscle, then end up being one shot by myriadtail after you tell them 5 times to stay back because the boss has a huge aoe. Or the people who want you to do their 20/20/20 and then ask for all drops? Ha! I mean if I have to ask 5 times at the start if you want the molds and 3* or which quests you need inside the fb and don't get a reply, don't blame me when I decide to keep whatever i get. I mean what's next? Tabbers wanting all books, molds and apo pages from fb89 and 99? Yeh right. b:byeb:shutup
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334261
    Quit.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited July 2009

i agree with all of that, and ive always maintained that drops should just be left at random, and whoever gets whatever gets it, end of story. but since every run ive been on in several months has been "give tabber everything" i demand the same on my runs now and on those of my friends.

but i think part of the divide in people's opinion is "generational". the earlier generations feel very strongly and very negatively about handing over everything to the tabber. in my case, this is from my own experiences in my lower lvl fbs where i walked out with nothing, not even my quests finished, and my runners got molds. but i didnt complain. then by the time i started running fbs, this "tabber gets molds and 3*" rule was already in place. was really irksome. and it is even more irksome when you have an obnoxious, stubborn tabber, which more and more are. in fact, since ive started playing, most noobs in general have gotten more selfish, demanding, lazy, and arrogant, feeling as if theyre entitled to everything, and expect handmedowns from everyone. pandering to them with this mold and 3 star goes to tabber rule is just making the situation worse.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    My personal policy is, for my FBs, that I am the bank for all equips, 3*, and molds. At the end I sort out what I can use, and ask if anyone can use what I can't. If no one lays claim to the items, I sell them and split the profits between those who bothered to stay and let me ask you if you wanted them. If you trade me the 3*/mold and then immediately drop squad/town portal I simply assume you want no part in them and you're excluded from the profit share. I of course provide wines for all runs, and all clerics and barbs are offered money for charm burn and repairs, and archers/wizs are also offered money for charm burn. I've had yet to have anyone take the money I offer, cept for barbs that I refuse to stop following until they let me pay their repairs at least (you know who you are! b:chuckle).

In running FBs for others, it's on random drops and 3* and molds go to the tabber. If there's a good 1* item in my inventory that I think they can use, I will trade it to them along with any 3*/mold item I happen to have gotten. I do NOT in any circumstance provide your wines should you need them, nor will I, if you have no mob quests, run your FB unwined. I have a charm too and it takes hours and hours.

In the running of others' FBs, I remember that (1) without them I would have no tabbed quest to run and have no extra rep and experience, and that (2) this is my choice to run it and no one else's. I do it for fun, not for payment. If I wanted a mold, I'd grab a few of my friends (if I can't solo the FB), or solo the FB myself, providing my own wines, for the mold that I want.

As for a barb wanting an arcane mold, etc., yes, I find it a little goofy, especially if I'm on a run and *I* could use the arcane mold, for instance. However, like I said, it's their quest and they deserve the majority of the rewards, and if they wish to take and sell it, fine by me. I'm happy for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CRYSTY - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I gave all to tabber , i dont need lower equipment and i know how hard is to get money, so let the tabber to sell his reward if she/he want, personal i want my drops.I even gave back blood from beast too, i have a lot blood on bank :)) .Personal, ill create some lowers chars and do theyr fbs too, i wanna see if higher lvls want to steal drops b:laugh TRAP !!..u never know if u really do a fb for a newer player or to a higher alt character b:laugh..I work alot for my money i dont want to steal some1s reward.Its his/her FB and he/she deserve it..I dont care if its a FB 19 or 99 , im onest,onestity can bring ALOT FBs from friends too..if u stole my drops your name will be heared by all in world chat (everyday till ull gave my mold or 3 stars back)coz i dont steal drops b:pleased.If u want some good drops go create a veno lvl up and do some caves like i do ;) ( i mean from lowers FB caves,even 19,and i get nice money too coz i keep my lvl at a lower difference between my veno and the fb boss).Thank u and good luck all b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI since nov 2008, FW open beta, BOI open beta, STO free-to-play open release, Torchlight I since came out.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    3 Star and the mold to the tabber if they want them. I'd probably make sure they knew what the molds were so they made an informed decision, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oni_shadow - Sanctuary
    Oni_shadow - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2009

I agree with that if tabber can use the mold or 3* he can have it,but I think this
    "Rule" about tabber getting all drops and mold.Its all the high levels fault agreeing with it.Back then on my FB I had mold drop and 3* and if someone got it they keep it I was more then thankful for them to helping me out.But
    its too late now to change this "Rule",so I would just go with the flow like it or not.
    It wont be long before Tabber starts asking to pay them to be in there FBs
    Like FB19:100k FB29:200k FB39:300k and so on b:laugh
    Oderint Dum Metuant b:sin

If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying b:cool
  • DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Why make a pole on it when it already being discussed?We do what you want this game will die.

because tear's thread was not made in a civilized manner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It prevents a few argumentative people from posting their POV over and over again, thus creating the illusion that their position has strong support when in fact it doesn't. With a poll, it's one person, one vote.

I voted for tabber gets 3* and molds if will use option, but it doesn't really make clear what happens when the tabber won't use those items. My opinion is fewest steps to the item being used, with preference given to the tabber. That is, "item drops -> someone uses it" is preferable to "item drops -> sell it -> someone uses it".

So if the tabber will use it, s/he gets it. If the tabber won't use it but a runner will, that runner gets it. If nobody would use it, then I don't really care but I suppose the tabber should get it since s/he's probably lowest level and thus will benefit most from the cash influx. I'm not a stickler about it though. If the group agrees to a different method, I generally have no problem with it.
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    this "Rule" about tabber getting all drops and mold.Its all the high levels fault agreeing with it.
    Most tabbers don't have any demands yet I always give them the drops. Why? Because when I was low lvl with no good gear/money no one bothered to ask me if I want any of the drops. I didn't like that and I don't plan on doing that to other people either. So I will act just as I wanted the people in my squad to act.
    But the good thing in all this is that you can refuse a tabber if you don't agree to his/hers demands. Easy no?
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    When I played on Sanctuary, we always set the squad to random and you got what you got whether you tabbed or not. If you got a mold, lucky you ^.^

When I started playing on Dreamweaver, I heard of the "3* and mold goes to tabber" rule. This did solve alot of problems and prevent "drama" during fb's as everyone knew what to expect. People also look for Equinox to run their fb's 'cause they know they will get the mold. I like this method 'cause everything is clear beforehand and nobody fights over drops.

There were a few people I knew who didn't want their fb squad set to random and wanted every single drop. If it's a friend I just humor them ^.^
    If it's anyone else I just advise the squad beforehand and anyone that doesn't agree can leave the squad.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Molds and 3 star to tab. If I want it I can just grind the coins.
    ur a veno =_=
    If I am tabbing, I expect random distribution unless other people have promised otherwise. If I am tabbing and someone gets something, I will ask if they can use that and if they give "that" to me, I will of course be happy and thank them.

If I am helping someone else in their FB and they ask for something they or their friends can use, I would let them have whatever they asked for. (Unless they ask the next day or something and I already sold whatever they were asking for.)

But AndromedaB's poll does not seem to even recognize people like me.

b:cry
    theres only 10 spaces =_=
    lol ive had tabbers demand i give them a rez scroll/ang/esos/gems and other stuff ON TOP OF gettings dqs and other random loot INCLUDING COINS and some times their wines as well!!!!
    lulz

And of course, there are nice tabbers who tell you what they need and want (I want to kiss them when they say I only want the molds I can use, rest is up for grabs b:kiss) and there's moronic mute tabbers who only seem to understand 'tab pls' the 5th time you ask, and tend to look stupid the entire run only following you from a safe distance not willing to move a muscle, then end up being one shot by myriadtail after you tell them 5 times to stay back because the boss has a huge aoe. Or the people who want you to do their 20/20/20 and then ask for all drops? Ha! I mean if I have to ask 5 times at the start if you want the molds and 3* or which quests you need inside the fb and don't get a reply, don't blame me when I decide to keep whatever i get. I mean what's next? Tabbers wanting all books, molds and apo pages from fb89 and 99? Yeh right. b:byeb:shutup lol i had a tabber who ran up to a aoe boss in fb 39 i think and got himself killed as the last boss died and we reran the fb for him and he demanded molds at the end and w/ced saying we were cheaters and stuff even though we agreed to giving him only the ones he could use, like srs a bm asking for the mold to some arcane leggings... like wtf...
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    random.

who cares about lower levels, special treatment is deserved by no one in FBs, they can earn their chance at a mold just like everyone else in the party, its only fair.

my only FB to drop a mold? an FB19. did i get it? lucky enough to get it on random, i did indeed.

lulz in my fb 59 i got 5 molds ;) and got all 5 (lol squad was set to random but still lulz) and gave 2 to ppl in the sqd cuz i couldnt use it and they could, paid everone for repairs+charms+a lili more except the ones i gave the molds to lulz and e1 wuz happy XD and i gave the other 3 molds away to my friends who coudl use it lulz but srs... tabbers are getting really greedy... been seeing lots recently demanding dqs, coins and other stuffz too =_=
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    All 3* and molds goto tabber. Everything else is random.
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    *epic Poke*
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009

I guess the squad would have to redo the FB.When the tabber goes out dies and fails the fb which in return would get the tabs back or if the tabber leaves.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • rampatrabbit
    rampatrabbit Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    well here is my 5 cents worth
    for those who want every single drop well they can solo it themselves
    for those who only want 3* and molds well thats what i want if i couldnt have those then i would solo my own fb especially my 79 i have a herc so i have every chance to do it but it would be a complete waste of exp and spirit
    i am sure for those who have said they dont want molds and keep them random i surely dont think they would keep quiet if a cape of chieften dropped or that misty forest ring dropped on thier own fb no i wouldnt either
    there is even people who want to pay you to do your fb and they say tabber keeps drops
    when you say tabber keeps drops this to me meens 3* and molds not dq and mats and coins
    i havent yet had to ask for 3* or molds at the end of my fb's people have dropped them for me so this is how i think
    and i too would drop 3* and molds for tabber
    what goes around comes around
  • Aesprika - Sanctuary
    Aesprika - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    3 Stars, and Molds go to the tabber, everything else should be random.
  • Farain - Dreamweaver
    Farain - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    My experience as a young tabber.
    I have two characters that have both done fb19 and fb29, and all my fb were with run with my factions.

I like to be involved in my fb, but that had only happened once. Most times when They find out that I have a fb they gather together people I have never seen before, mostly high levels I guess. I am told to not attack, don't do anything, and stay far behind them.
    So I follow these people, trying to keep up, picking up whatever coins they leave. When they get to the boss, everybody jumps on it, kills the boss, and then leave. If there were any drops I was too far away to see, so I walk around the chamber picking up the few scattered coins left. maybe even backtrack to see if there is anything else I can scrounge from my run.

I practiced a long time to try to learn my skills before I run my fb's so that It would be an experience, but they usually leave me feeling empty and used.

I have had one good experience, and only once did I ever even get drops from a boss, a 3* cape.

So if you want to complain about not getting molds or 3 * items, I lost out on what was probably my one chance to get something decent from my runs, unless I solo them after, but at a higher level and less chance of drops.

When I do get to the point I can help with fb's, the tabber can keep everything they can carry.