FB drops

2»

Comments

• Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i usually give all drops to the tabber unless he/she only wants 3* and molds or that you can keep what ya get. its kinda funny how people complain about it imo you should be happy you can join his/her fb its easy exp/spirit and rep. asking money/stuff to do some1's fb is imo kinda scamming. sure u can ask as a tank bm/barb for some money to cover the repaircosts made in the fb and if u dont like the costs ask a veno to tank. and if u pay 70k+ at teleports u prolly never heard of the illussion stone in archosaur.
    and for those that whine about a barb tabber getting an arcane piece mold why shouldnt he have no right on the mold ? im sure he can use the money from selling the mold or mayby use it on a other character he got, and yes molds dont always drop i know that pretty well ive done about 15 fb's from my own chars and no mold dropped so far even at solo runs.
    if you dont want the tabber to get a mold that dropped what isnt for his/her char class like arcane leggings mold at a barb tabber then ur totally not worth to get a mold at all imo. the tabber has also spended time and effort in the game. just because ur own fb runs were **** or got scammed doesnt mean it has to be like that for everyone. ive also had my own good and bad fb's and also drama fb runs from others but thats not a reason or a right to demand you get a part of the drops. imo its more a honor some1 asks you to join his/her fb he/she could also picked any1 else.

but hey thats just my opinion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lazyness
    lazyness Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I guess the squad would have to redo the FB.When the tabber goes out dies and fails the fb which in return would get the tabs back or if the tabber leaves.

It hasn't happened to me for a long time, but if the tabber is dumb enough to die, too bad, I wouldn't re-do a fb39/51 etc with 1 tab. They are warned before the bosses to stay back from aoe... if they're dead when boss dies, not only does the party not get credit for it, but you expect people to run it again? Also, even if they do die, there is usually enough time to res them before boss dies.

Anyway back on topic, usually we give all blue items and above (1* blue, 3*s, molds) to tabber... competition for FBs on HT is intense these days
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I guess the squad would have to redo the FB.When the tabber goes out dies and fails the fb which in return would get the tabs back or if the tabber leaves.

Yes, that's the idea - I know perfectly well how tabs work. My point was that if I had the joy of stumbling upon a tabber who wanted EVERY SINGLE item that the mobs dropped they'd find themselves alone midway through the fb with only half the tabs left. And no, they wouldn't get all their tabs back. I mean good luck finding a squad to run your fb79 with only one or two tabs, or fb69 with only a single tab. Don't forget, even if someone would be kind enough to help someone in that position, the **** tabber would expect EVERY SINGLE mob-dropped item. What a way to show appreciation no? Am I coming through yet?
    b:dirty
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Fb's are extremely easy exp and rep. This rubbish about justice and one man army quests is stupid. I can walk in to an FB19, round up and aoe everything and be done in 5 minutes, as well as enjoying a nice social experience and a break from grinding.

I notice the ones who think drops should be shared are usually 8-9x. You have millions of coin, millions worth equips and can easily grind millions more and you can't let a tabber have a few 100k in drops, which would help them immensely?
    ........Pure greed -.- suck up your f***** repair bill and do someone an actual favour for once. If one man army is so great, then why the heck are you doing fb's?! Get lost and leave fb's to the players who want to do them.

I've done fb's all the way to 59, and I still haven't got a single mold. My fb59 cost 240k in wine, and the party who promised me all drops, made off with more than half of them and I got one 3* and a few bits of junk through random. Same thing on my fb51, and that was my own faction. -.- If fb69 isn't necessary (like 59 seemed to be SC so I had no choice) Then I promise you, I will be skipping right over it.
    My alt veno will also be skipping over all fb's and I'll solo them, alone, once I get high enough.
    Players really don't want my fb's? Then fine, I'll take them for their word. Congrats OP, you've lost people a few fb's, lets just hope everyone shares your opinion. ^_^
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    few 100k's in drops? what fbs have you been running b:chuckle

if you got jipped by a party who promised you all drops, then they lied to your face, and that's inexcusable, but that's not what OP is doing here is it? andro straight out just says that she wouldn't hand you drops you don't need. quit cussing out people over your own misfortunes.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    few 100k's In Drops? What Fbs Have You Been Running B:chuckle

If You Got Jipped By A Party Who Promised You All Drops, Then They Lied To Your Face, And That's Inexcusable, But That's Not What Op Is Doing Here Is It? Andro Straight Out Just Says That She Wouldn't Hand You Drops You Don't Need. Quit Cussing Out People Over Your Own Misfortunes.

fb9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
    OBVIOUSLY!
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    fb's Are Extremely Easy Exp And Rep.not All Of Them Lol... This Rubbish About Justice And One Man Army Quests Is Stupid. I Can Walk In To An Fb19, Round Up And Aoe Everything And Be Done In 5 Minutesflying Is Like 10 Min Buddy Takes You About 10min To Walk To Boss Room Booss Takes About 1min With 6 (lv 80+) Wizards... It Was Untabbed..., As Well As Enjoying A Nice Social Experience And A Break From Grinding.

I Notice The Ones Who Think Drops Should Be Shared Are Usually 8-9x. You Have Millions Of Coin, Millions Worth Equips And Can Easily Grind Millions More And You Can't Let A Tabber Have A Few 100k In Drops, Which Would Help Them Immensely? we Are Not That Rich Buddy... And Srs We Also Need To Use Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch More Money To Live... It Would Help Us Imensely Too Lol There Are Tons Of Lv 8/9x Who Have Shoddy Equip And Can Barely Afford Charms/repairs Lol
    ........pure Greed -.- Suck Up Your F***** Repair Bill And Do Someone An Actual Favour For Once. If One Man Army Is So Great, Then Why The Heck Are You Doing Fb's?! Get Lost And Leave Fb's To The Players Who Want To Do Them. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight Nobody Knows Me Better Than You As A Matter Of Fact I Thought We Helped Kill Bosses And Run Quests 4 Free But Then You Corrected Us. Btw, For Your Fb69 Get Only Lv 60-62 Ppl To Do Ur Fb And You Might Know What I Mean

I've Done Fb's All The Way To 59, And I Still Haven't Got A Single Mold. My Fb59 Cost 240k In Wine, And The Party Who Promised Me All Drops, Made Off With More Than Half Of Them And I Got One 3* And A Few Bits Of Junk Through Random. Same Thing On My Fb51, And That Was My Own Faction. -.- If Fb69 Isn't Necessary (like 59 Seemed To Be Sc So I Had No Choice) Then I Promise You, I Will Be Skipping Right Over It. my Suggestion: Leave Your Faction Unless Of Course You Didnt Make Drop Rule Clear At Start Of The Run If You Say It After/during Bosses Im Sorry But It Dosnt Apply But Ill Still Give You Drops If You Can Use It. Your Bad Experiences Mean/contribute Nothing To This Debateisharguishthingythingalingingy... Yeah...
    My Alt Veno Will Also Be Skipping Over All Fb's And I'll Solo Them, Alone, Once I Get High Enough.lol
    Players Really Don't Want My Fb's? Then Fine, I'll Take Them For Their Word. Congrats Op, You've Lost People A Few Fb's, Lets Just Hope Everyone Shares Your Opinion. ^_^ive Lost Ppl A Few Fbs Plz Explain, I Make It Very Clear At Start Of A Fb What My Mold Drop Rule Is And It Applies To The Whole Squad And I Would Do The Same If It Were My Fb, And Even If The Drop Rule Agreed Upon Is Diffrent For The Rest Of The Squad I Make It Very Very Clear That My Rule Still Stands For Me, If They Disagree They Can Boot Me Or Ask Me To Leave I Have No Problem With That

ten Characters
  • NeBaVi - Dreamweaver
    NeBaVi - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    sanctuary server have some greedy ppl b:chuckle
    i voted for all 3* and molds to tabber, i dun mind give all gears/dqs etc to tabber too.
    remember that tabber did all those stupid quests to get tab in 1st place, tabber farmed mats to make wines for fb too. exp/sp/rep is enough good reward for me

don't tell me that you deserve my drops because you DO EVERYTHING, because it definately wasn't you who helped me with 20/20/20 quest and that dumb urn quest to get tabs for fb70 and same with others quests what need to do to get fb tabs

and half year ago we already had thread about this and result was:
    Sanctuary = tons of greedy high lvls who keep drops
    Heavens Tear = all molds/3* to tabbers (unspoken rule, don't even need to remind)
    Lost City = call for molds

now:
    i guess nothing have changed in those servers
    Dreamweaver = at start was a mess because there was many players from diff servers, but now it is same as in HT server, all molds and 3* goes to tabber(unspoken rule, don't even need to remind). i guess old sanctuary ppl had to adjust old HT ppl
    Harshlands = not sure about this server, but i would guess its same as LC or maybe HT(tell me if im wrong)
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    WTF?? A barb tabber that can't use a robe mold? and you're not gonna give it to them??? They could always sell it you know. Do you reckon if a mage gets an XS mold that they can sell for like 4m, s/he would give it to some random barb or bm?? I don't think so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yes, that's the idea - I know perfectly well how tabs work. My point was that if I had the joy of stumbling upon a tabber who wanted EVERY SINGLE item that the mobs dropped they'd find themselves alone midway through the fb with only half the tabs left. And no, they wouldn't get all their tabs back. I mean good luck finding a squad to run your fb79 with only one or two tabs, or fb69 with only a single tab. Don't forget, even if someone would be kind enough to help someone in that position, the **** tabber would expect EVERY SINGLE mob-dropped item. What a way to show appreciation no? Am I coming through yet?

I would submit a support ticket and **** is the tabber I think not.You wouldn't of gotten that mold if it wasn't for the tabber.I would just go grind if you want more exp.You are in minority when it comes to Sanctuary who seems to be complaining about this.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Aesprika - Sanctuary
    Aesprika - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2009

If they only had half the tabs I would only give the 3*drops/mold from the boss that person tabbed it with. Its kinda greedy to want every single drop from the fb when they don't even have the all the tabs to begin with.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    WTF?? A barb tabber that can't use a robe mold? and you're not gonna give it to them??? They could always sell it you know. Do you reckon if a mage gets an XS mold that they can sell for like 4m, s/he would give it to some random barb or bm?? I don't think so.

facepalm.jpgten chars
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    and there's moronic mute tabbers who only seem to understand 'tab pls' the 5th time you ask, and tend to look stupid the entire run only following you from a safe distance not willing to move a muscle, then end up being one shot by myriadtail after you tell them 5 times to stay back because the boss has a huge aoe.
    LMAO
    It is called the nub trance. A good amount of players of early stages of playing are highly susceptible to it. It may or may not wear off as they grow. God I seen this so many times.
    b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    To AndromedaB

asdasdbao.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daerina - Heavens Tear
    Daerina - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i always give all drops to the tabber and expect the same in return :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Daerina~Lvl79 Venomancer
    Sunny_Dae~Lvl41 Cleric
    follow me on twitter b:victory twitter.com/Daerina
  • MntMan - Lost City
    MntMan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I say 3* and molds to the tabber. It wasn't that way when I started and I lost out on some good drops back in the day, but back then I was happy to have help and didn't know any better. (We're talking closed beta and new open beta days) However if more then 2 molds drop on a run they should disperse them out or something. Saw 3 molds drop on a fb59 run and they (tabber) said after 2 drops that if a 3rd dropped they'd share with the group. It was a crummy 3rd drop, but still a nice gesture and it went to the BM as random drop chance would have it.

As for the other drops (DQ, equips, pots, etc) I say let it fall where it falls. As a cleric i burn through pots and charms and at level 69 I don't have the millions upon millions that everyone seems to think we do. Getting my culti done early was the most expensive experience ever. 300k spirit. That sucked!!! I had about 125k in coin left after that spending spree. So the extra drops are nice to offset expenses during a run. If I'm the only cleric on a fb59 or higher run it can be pot and charm expensive and the small offset of selling the DQ and equip drops is nice. If a tabber demands them then I say **** you and move on. I don't want to deal with a selfish prick. And believe me walking from a fb59 wined run is tough to do.

The only thing that complicates things in my mind is wine and 20/20/20. More the wine, but recently I was tricked into helping on a 20/20/20 by some d-head. Said it was the fb69 run and asked if I wanted to come. I did and went and when I showed and no wine he said oh I just have to do this real quick first. I told you that in the start. BS. But what could I do? I was the only cleric and the others in the party didn't deserve that so I stuck around. With the wine I knew well ahead of time that I would need wine and what mats to make it. I mean by level 59 you hope someone has paid some attention to the game, world and guild chat. So when my 59 came up I had all the wine ready and got a party quick (as you can imagine). As with all my fb runs no mold dropped of course so nothing for me, but hey it was a fast, safe fb run, everyone did their job and everyone was happy. Now I do fb59 runs and the tabber demands wine or mats for wine. I've seen it done two ways. 1st is an outright demand for wines. I say if we supply the wine then we're either entitled to any 3* drops (set on random so could still go to tabber) or any molds after the first. I mean just like you can't have an fb without the tabs good luck having a fb 59 without the wine. Not gonna happen. Both are equally important, but first mold drop still goes to tabber. The 2nd is the famous "I don't have enough mats" when you know for a fact they do. They're just saving them up because they know that you need the same mats for ultimate subs. So they starting asking who can donate what and everyone chips in some. Then you ask them what they have and they say "I don't have any.....buuuuuuuuttttt........maybe I could get a few to make up the difference. Can I get some more though" That's just rude and trying to get too much from it. I'll donate 5-7 mats towards a wine but that's max and I still think it's BS. If it weren't for such high rep from those runs I'd say **** it.

So that's my take on it all.
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I started a thread about this a bit of a ways back and it turned into a roasting of me >.< . However, my opinion on the matter still stands. Set it to random. Everyone contributed, everyone deserves. Their tabs, your work...thats simple. Random FTW (p.s. i like how hawk voted random b:cute)
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    i always give all drops to the tabber and expect the same in return :3

zomg nice sig b:dirty
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    To AndromedaB

asdasdbao.jpg

gratz your first ad hom
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    After correcting a lot of people on how long it takes to complete an FB59 unwined, it's become more popular. People are realizing that the drops like darkness stamps, martin's nests, glaze, etc make it a waste to wine. The tabber get's a richer FB experience, and it only takes about twice as long.

That said, doesn't the tabber earn the 3* and mold drops for providing the Wine?

I don't consider FB's fast XP. The time involved waiting for people can be ridiculous, and some squads are just careless (dangerous). I could get the XP off mobs my level as quick and much safer. Rep isn't so easy to come by.

It would further be crazy to expect tabbers to provide wine and not get some reward on fb 69, 79, etc when those squad members did nothing to help on the mob quests either.

It should all be negotiated from the start, but some lazy greedy FB squads I've seen deserve nothing. As soon as last boss is killed, they're gone while tabber still has a dig or quest mobs.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • MntMan - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Just to clarify my point, I am saying that if the tabber does not provide wine that's where I have some issue. I still think if 1 mold drops then they have rights to it, however if more or a 3* drops and the party or an individual who is not the tabber supplied the wine then it should go random or to the wine supplier. If a tabber gave both tabs and wine then no question who the drops go to, the tabber of course.
  • Iellae - Heavens Tear
    Iellae - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm undecided on this. I'm very thankful for the guys who got me through my fbs, and they were very nice enough to give me drops - I never got molds though, but frankly they earned it IMO. If I were asked to help on a FB, I'd personally ask the tabber, because I'm doing it to help them, rather than asking about drops. I'd be happy either way, and would leave it to others. I have known people who did fbs with others who were just in it for the drops and left the tabber with nothing, which wasn't nice as they'd begged the tabber to be let in, then went off with most of the loot. But on the other hand the fb got done.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    After correcting a lot of people on how long it takes to complete an FB59 unwined, it's become more popular. People are realizing that the drops like darkness stamps, martin's nests, glaze, etc make it a waste to wine. The tabber get's a richer FB experience, and it only takes about twice as long.

That's the thing with fb59's+. If someone expects a tabber to wine the fb, they're obviously only looking for a really quick exp and rep boost.

Expecting a tabber to pay well over 200k so you can walk into their fb, gain a crapload of exp in rep for a few minutes work and take every item dropped while you're at it is beyond greedy. I don't get where these "tabbers don't deserve drops" are coming from. If fb59+ was skippable and tabbers got no drops, no one would ever do it.
    In an fb19-39 expecting drops is also greedy. A high level squad means the chance of drops are rather unlikely, meaning you sure as heck aren't going in for the drops in the first place (unless you're crazy).

As soon as I hit my 7x and 8x I will undoubtedly be doing fb's, as they're a welcome break from grinding and a fun social experience. And I will be offering my tabber every single item that drops. I know myself at their level I'd be really happy with rare drops. It makes the early gaming experience that much more enjoyable. Treat others like you'd like to be treated yourself.
  • MntMan - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Well I just made lvl 70 on my cleric and was able to do fb69. As you'll note from my prior posts I do a lot of fb runs to help others and always give 3stars and molds. My only exceptions being if I had to supply wines, but that has not happened yet, except a few mat donations. It's just something I'm at a cross roads with on how I will react if it happens. I usually decline if I have to supply full wine with no drops. Regardless when the mold or 3 stars dropped I coughed them up, took my exp, spirit and rep and said thanks and was on my way to the next.

So my fb69 comes up. I've actually already run through fb69 twice so all my culti and quests are done so no one has to wait for me or clear the 2 extra mobs by the first boss so I can farm the column. I have my wine ready well in advance as I always do and first go about securing a second cleric (was a pain being only one so though it would go easier with second) and a tank. The cleric was no problem. The tank I've used in the past and that I've invited in my squad to help on many fb runs all of a sudden said he'd tank if he got the Cape drop. I said what the hell is this??? He said it's common that the tank will "call" the cape if it drops and that most tanks will only tank if they can call the cape. So I ask around and sure enough it's happened to a lot of others AND all the other tanks asked to call cape as well. This is in my own faction by the way!!! So I said **** it. I'm not paying someone a 9 million coin cape to tank (that's what they go for on HL). I mean I'm supplying the tabs and the wine and I've always given up the molds to others (to include the fb69 run I did the day before when the axes dropped). So I waited and found another barb who wasn't a greedy ****, did my FB, no cape dropped but I got the molder magic ring which was nice and five 3 star drops.

So my question is to all of you out there who say "molder to the holder" (which I agree with and practice) what is up with the fb69 change? Now that there is a drop that you want really really really badly the rules change? You can "call" drops if you want something bad enough? Forget that. I bring the wine and tabs so the drops are mine. Also let's not forget I'm a cleric so any argument about expensive repairs goes right out the door. My charm ticks for as much value as your repairs easily AND I prevent your charm from ticking at all.

Thoughts?
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    That's the thing with fb59's+. If someone expects a tabber to wine the fb, they're obviously only looking for a really quick exp and rep boost.

without such a wine a fb like fb59 takes over 3 hours
    its not just quick exp boost but also time saving
    i mean i make huge repair costs if i am going to tank a fb59 sure the exp makes up for it so drops go to the tabber but unwined my repairs would be to high
    sure its a quick exp boost but higher fbs bring its repair costs so i wouldnt call it bad
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Keenan - Dreamweaver
    Keenan - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This is in my own faction by the way!!! So I said **** it. I'm not paying someone a 9 million coin cape to tank (that's what they go for on HL). I mean I'm supplying the tabs and the wine and I've always given up the molds to others (to include the fb69 run I did the day before when the axes dropped). So I waited and found another barb who wasn't a greedy ****, did my FB, no cape dropped but I got the molder magic ring which was nice and five 3 star drops.

That's a little upsetting that the barb was in your faction and stilled called it, considering you had already made the run easier than expected with clearing out all the mobs and providing wines. Just because a lot of other people are calling molds or practicing some kind of new "tradition" doesn't meant you should just go along with it. I know when I run fbs for faction mates, they get drops period. End of discussion. I feel like asking for repayment within the faction is like stealing from family, you don't pay your brother for help with homework... anyway I'm always happy and excited if there ends up being a pile of color and stars on the ground after we finish killing a boss. As far as I'm concerned, the ability to help out a faction mate and a smooth run is well-worth the fun, no payment needed.

Good for you for getting yourself a kind barb b:pleased
  • DarkYin - Dreamweaver
    DarkYin - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Treat others like you'd like to be treated yourself.
    Hear, hear!

I think we play this game for fun. You don't enjoy running the FB, and are basically doing it for some sort of monetary gain? Man, that's too much like work.