So.. What's the hold up? (Warning: Contains insane ranting)

Options
Leprechaundh - Sanctuary
Leprechaundh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
Ok, so I was farting around warsoul spirit laughing at the complete joke of the unattainable "ultimate" weapons, when I decided to calculate the amount of Mysterious Chips it would take to make one of these weapons. So I flew to the merch. in 1k and started crunching the numbers. As It turns out, it takes over 300k chips to make one weapon. If you did cube every single day and were lucky enough to get all the possible chips for the day, though highly unlikely, you would be able to attain 20 per day. Then I decided to figure out how long It would take for a single person to get that many chips. So more crunching, and it turns out that it would take one person 15,000 days to collect 300k chips (Less than what is needed for one wep). Now, translated into months, it would take an estimated 500 months to collect these chips. 500 months comes out to be about 41.66 years. Now, it occurred to me that it would be absurd to require one person to spend half a century playing a game to get some pixels added to their character, so I came to these rather lovely forums to figure out if there were any other ways to acquire M. chips. As it turns out, there isn't. At least...not on American servers. As I was scrolling through post after post, each of which laughed at the idea of ultimate weapons, I came upon this post:
Wait or give up.
Warsoul is an implementation that was made for the 'complete' version of PW, which is the china version that opened YEARS ago. PW international is still in skin and bones stage as far as implements. It would progress faster if it had been an american made game.

Other posts went on to explain there are several ways to get far more chips faster. This information brought several questions to mind.

For one, why would pwi advertise the impossible and encourage people to chase equipment that is in no conceivable to obtain?

And secondly (This is the part that warrants the insane rant warning, but is the one question I would most like to be answered by a GM, administrator, or any other representative of Perfect World Inc.), What is keeping PW from giving Americans the full **** version? It's not that hard to translate all the in-game text into english. I mean, wtf else could they have to do? It's not like the computers in china speak different code than the computers here. It's all binary in it's basic form.

Some more burning questions:

Why the **** do they expect ppl to pay for something that is anything less than the full version? A computer program will not offer a trial version, then once u pay for it turn around and say "Just kidding, you only get half the **** you paid for anyway, n00b >:) AHAHAHAHAHA!"

I mean, what is the friggin hold up?

Thanks for taking the time to read my nonsensical rants that clearly bring to light what a massive rip off PWI is for anyone gullible enough to buy "ZEN" from them, and special thank you in advance to any and all representatives of PW that will eventually post a response of some sort to these lines of questioning (Because otherwise they will only be admitting to an over abundance of inadequacies PWI is plagued with, compared to its Chinese counterpart).

PS: The availability of M. chips isn't even close to the amount of differences between the American servers and the Chinese ones. The list goes on and on.

I have recently been debating whether or not to spend money on pwi and have now come to the conclusion that, until pwi has been upgraded to the full version of perfect world and not this downgraded trial-ware they've got going now, I will not spend any money on it, as I am not being offered the full game. I'd advise anyone else to do the same until we are offered all of the games attributes.
Post edited by Leprechaundh - Sanctuary on

Comments

• ZwyIIa - Lost City
    ZwyIIa - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    As for the fact that they don't let the full version out now, it's quite simple,
    We live in a capitalist world, consequences...

If they had released The whole version from the beginning, some stuff in the cash shop would be unuseful and won't bring any money,
    For instance at the beginning u buy a flying mount that u like but you'll have
    Better mounts later on, so you'll buy another one (not everyone for sure but still...)
    Releasing the game bit by bit gives in fact PW entertainement more money.b:sad

Hope it has explained to you something or at least show you that your point of vue is the same as some other players.b:victory

PS: technically, it's a free game if u don't buy zhen, so we canno't ask them to make a full release, they do as they want.b:shocked
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    PWI is a free to play game. They cant be run by donations alone, and they are still a business. I am ASSUMING that since this is formerly a foreign game, our US side cannot handle everything at the pace they would actually want it to. Codes, storage, rights, translations, etc. wise. Also notice how this game started to spread from the countries closer to china too. Business connections could also be a factor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    As for the fact that they don't let the full version out now, it's quite simple,
    We live in a capitalist world, consequences...

If they had released The whole version from the beginning, some stuff in the cash shop would be unuseful and won't bring any money,

Pretty sure by having MORE cash shop items, there's MORE availability of items to choose from, therefore INCREASING the chance of purchase = more money for the developers. If you have 20 Gold, for example, and needed a faster flier, you'd go and buy the 20 gold one with the hope of upgrading to the max speed one over time perhaps (easy to resell).

Dev's have fun making less money than you possibly can, inciting rants like this due to pathetically unobtainable weapons, and probably more people flocking to play on different servers.

Nice rant btw, now for Decepistar
    I am ASSUMING that since this is formerly a foreign game, our US side cannot handle everything at the pace they would actually want it to. Codes, storage, rights, translations, etc. wise.
    Can't handle everything at a pace? What? I'm pretty sure that by releasing newer methods to obtain chips, we're not going to all faint and die because "we can't handle it". Storage? What the **** are we storing here? Since when does implimentating a new mount (that's already been coded and modelled, btw), require storage?

Someone prove me wrong please, there's no one to pk on WQ at this time :(
    b:pleased
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Before everyone rants too much about the time it takes... GMs already said there was a new method for obtaining Chips coming out in the future. What that means, I have no bloody idea, but at least we'll have other options.
  • Leprechaundh - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Before everyone rants too much about the time it takes... GMs already said there was a new method for obtaining Chips coming out in the future. What that means, I have no bloody idea, but at least we'll have other options.

Oh thank jebus. I really didn't want to spend 40 years on this game for friggin chips XD.
    PWI is a free to play game. They cant be run by donations alone, and they are still a business. I am ASSUMING that since this is formerly a foreign game, our US side cannot handle everything at the pace they would actually want it to. Codes, storage, rights, translations, etc. wise. Also notice how this game started to spread from the countries closer to china too. Business connections could also be a factor.

I could see how buerocracy can get in the way and translations may be a slowing factor, but the game exists in full and I'm sure pw owns all the rights to their game codes already. From what I've read the US is several versions behind the chinese game. This does not float my boat. I could be reading wrong though.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    More choice for us-in clothes, in mounts, in items, etc. means more money for us. if we dont like what we buy, we sell it ingame, and buy new from the shop=more money for them, and on and on. i keep hoping they will bring out more of the pretty dresses and such that i have seen in the chinese version...american looking business suits and combat gear looks just insane walking around in beautiful ancient fantasy cities....who ever grows up to want to wear a suit in a fantasy like this?!b:surprised

Pretty sure by having MORE cash shop items, there's MORE availability of items to choose from, therefore INCREASING the chance of purchase = more money for the developers. If you have 20 Gold, for example, and needed a faster flier, you'd go and buy the 20 gold one with the hope of upgrading to the max speed one over time perhaps (easy to resell).

Dev's have fun making less money than you possibly can, inciting rants like this due to pathetically unobtainable weapons, and probably more people flocking to play on different servers.

Can't handle everything at a pace? What? I'm pretty sure that by releasing newer methods to obtain chips, we're not going to all faint and die because "we can't handle it". Storage? What the **** are we storing here? Since when does implimentating a new mount (that's already been coded and modelled, btw), require storage?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • ZwyIIa - Lost City
    ZwyIIa - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You said that having more cash shop items would bring more money,
    But technically speaking it's true when we talk about 1 month or two but not on one or two years.

Besides, saying that we u buy something u just have to resell it and buy a new one. That is also wrong, because u should have seen that u buy for instance a flying mount 30$ which is around 140K*30=4.2M coins,
    However these mounts are sold around 2.5M, which means a deficit of 1.7M,
    U loose 30%.

If u had bought the thing u would have liked from the beginning, u won't bother with buying new mount. But here each time u change mount u need to bring in 30% more gold that u can have by selling ur old mounts.

Then if u change 3 times of 30$ mounts it doesn't mean that u paid 30$ in the end but 30+2*30%*30$ which means around 50$ for a 30$ mount.
    If the one mount u would have liked was released from the beginning u would have only paid 30$.

So in terms of earning, releasing bit by bit is more beneficial than all at once.b:surrender
  • Dimental - Harshlands
    Dimental - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

Thats not how markets work, giving all choices from the start allows everyone to get exactly what they want right now meaning they will just buy that.

Flip it the other way and release a really nice flying mount for 1 week only, well people will buy this as it might not be ingame again after even if they have already spent $50 previously on a flying mount in the past.

As long as they release things slowly, as one offs and so on they will make more money than allowing you the choice of all mounts all the time.

Just think when they eventaully add the fastest ground mounts doing 15m/s people who have paid for their Battlecat and Neine Beast will pay out again to get the better mount.
    More choice for us-in clothes, in mounts, in items, etc. means more money for us. if we dont like what we buy, we sell it ingame, and buy new from the shop=more money for them, and on and on. i keep hoping they will bring out more of the pretty dresses and such that i have seen in the chinese version...american looking business suits and combat gear looks just insane walking around in beautiful ancient fantasy cities....who ever grows up to want to wear a suit in a fantasy like this?!b:surprised

Couldn't agree more, I spend all my time leveling my cool wizard who fires spells to be offered a suit or combat gear as my fashion choices? Its a fantasy game I want really cool out of this world looking armours that will make my wizard look really cool not like hes getting ready for another day at the office!! b:shocked
    Dimental - Little bit dim, little bit mental

Celestial - b:victory
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Thats not how markets work, giving all choices from the start allows everyone to get exactly what they want right now meaning they will just buy that.

Flip it the other way and release a really nice flying mount for 1 week only, well people will buy this as it might not be ingame again after even if they have already spent $50 previously on a flying mount in the past.

As long as they release things slowly, as one offs and so on they will make more money than allowing you the choice of all mounts all the time.

Just think when they eventaully add the fastest ground mounts doing 15m/s people who have paid for their Battlecat and Neine Beast will pay out again to get the better mount.

It *IS* how markets work though, the car market is full of Bentley's and exotic manufacturers (ferrari's etc), and yet people buy "lower class" cars like Fiat Punto's and ****ty old Vauxhall's, in order to make ends meet - and the car market is a valid comparison seeing as though both comprise of items that you purchase with real money to get from A to B in a more pleasing way (both consume real time - flying from dreamweaver port to 1k streams isn't fast on a level 30 gliding heavens sword).

People that cant afford the maximum priced mount can save up, you see limited edition mounts (Neinbeast) being sold for a realistic ammount, despite their rarity (5mil, let's say), so it allows for the player to progress. If there's a 100 gold super duper mount in the cash shop, people will be wanting to save up for it, and buying things on the way to satisfy their needs (if I had 9mil and I needed an extra 1mil, I wouldnt be flying around on my level 30 mount, would I).

The demand is guaranteed, the supply is available - good business imo
  • Dimental - Harshlands
    Dimental - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    It *IS* how markets work though, the car market is full of Bentley's and exotic manufacturers (ferrari's etc), and yet people buy "lower class" cars like Fiat Punto's and ****ty old Vauxhall's, in order to make ends meet - and the car market is a valid comparison seeing as though both comprise of items that you purchase with real money to get from A to B in a more pleasing way (both consume real time - flying from dreamweaver port to 1k streams isn't fast on a level 30 gliding heavens sword).

People that cant afford the maximum priced mount can save up, you see limited edition mounts (Neinbeast) being sold for a realistic ammount, despite their rarity (5mil, let's say), so it allows for the player to progress. If there's a 100 gold super duper mount in the cash shop, people will be wanting to save up for it, and buying things on the way to satisfy their needs (if I had 9mil and I needed an extra 1mil, I wouldnt be flying around on my level 30 mount, would I).

You're comparing two tiers within a market, when instead you should be viewing just the upper tier of customers. These are the ones who will buy a new mount as soon as the new one is released regardless of if the mount they currently have is the same speed or not.
    The casual purchaser may well enjoy the freedoms of having the full shop open to them however more money is to be made from the higher tier of consumer who will buy the new and limited edition releases.
    Dimental - Little bit dim, little bit mental

Celestial - b:victory
  • MntMan - Lost City
    MntMan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Good comparison to the car industry. How's that going here in the US by the way......... Personally I wouldn't really want to follow their lead right now.

In any event your idea is skewed. You're talking about huge purchases, cars, that require large amounts of disposable income. Let's look at iPods as an example. Apple could likely have help off on releases of iPods and iPones to make sure they are exactly what the market demands, but instead they release in stages. As a result people buy the new model, keep it for a couple years and go buy another because it's newer, has better tech, more memory, whatever. Look at the iPhone 3G that came out. How many people who already had iPhones went and bought new ones? So if Apple had just waited until they had the 3G phone to release it they wouldn't have had all the purchases they got originally form the people who went and also bought the 3G.

Regardless the economics and mechanics of a game where the products have zero intrinsic value differ so much from anything in the real world so it's tough to compare apples to apples (no pun intended). If you're not able to realize the gains PWI realizes by doing it this way then there isn't much use explaining further to you. Sorry.

As for your warsoul explanation you're right on. I mean no one in their right mind would want to spend 40 years trying to get an item. It's comparable to the argument about rep, but obviously so much worse. PWI no doubt has done the same math you have and is just waiting to release it.

Lastly with regard to releasing the full version 100% complete from the start what would be the point? Since inception we have had fairly regular releases, updates, additions and patches. This has been a result of the work being completed already and they are able to provide new content regularly because only translation and some adjustment is needed. If they gave us 100% from the start, each bit of new content would have to be thought up, fully developed, bug tested, etc prior to release and we would have seen fewer of them for sure. It keeps things a bit more interesting this way I think.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    pwi isn't even a year old yet. in cn it took a priest 1.5 years(after level 90) to obtain the magic sword, with the help of what? 150~ people?

we aren't as organized nor motivated enough to do something like that. especially when getting chips is so much harder here.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Eh, most of the points I wanted to make have been already made. :P

But it's worth mentioning that PWI DOES exist in a very different society than PW China or even PW MY did. What flies in China doesn't necessarily fly here, especially given the US's reputation for being an extremely competitive (and often unfair, if you ask me) market. Combine that with the current recession, and does it really seem that unfathomable that PWI would need to use some shrewd business strategies to stay afloat?

I HAVE wondered, lately, how business is going for PWI though. :P

Also, they don't own the rights to the code. I don't know if it's a license agreement or what (probably), but all the updates come from the main company in China. Why do you think it takes so long to get suggestions implemented (if they're ever)? We've had days where major bugs were found and the servers were shut down all day as programmers in China were woken up in the middle of the night to fix things (IIRC, this was the case with the Duke Rose exploit). The beauracracy you mentioned isn't just a one-time negotiation of licensing and rights to the code, it's a continuous thing which comes into play with a lot of major decisions. And of course, the first mistake newbies make is to assume the GMs here can play god with the code.

All that being said... I'd agree with you that the order in which they released things is really suspect. Why put the warsoul spirit there if no sane person can get a warsoul weapon? Seeing as a warsoul weapon would cost over $40k in real money to obtain (or the above-mentioned 40+ years), I doubt PWI really expects people to buy Zen and sell gold in an attempt to obtain one of them... it'd be the equivalent of selling lemonade on the street corner for $100 a glass and counting on a foreigner who thinks he's getting a good deal to come by (or else waiting for the thirstiest man on earth).

Most likely it was a matter of convenience more than anything else - they decided to put it in to get it out of the way for later expansions. Still a pretty harebrained move though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Clearly the game was not fully implemented at start. There are chests everywhere with lots of things surrounding them, but no quest to mine them.

Is not something for a much higher lvl as some of them are very low lvl mobs with chests and others much higher.

I think what someone was trying to say (deceptistar) I think) is that making a game in the United States that comes from another country isn't as easy as you think.

For instance, even though I live in the United States where Miley Cyrus lives; I tried watching a video with my daughter online on youtube last week. To which I got this : Due to copyright restrictions in YOUR country you can not view this video.

With every little thing on this game they have to have approval. You can't just make a product and toss it out there. That would be like building a house for someone and skipping the building inspector. You'd be shut down.

Are they taking a lot of time, not really. But this **** about paying for something half done is just ****. You don't have to pay anything for this game at all. Its free. YOU CHOOSE TO!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sinense - Sanctuary
    Sinense - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    We've had days where major bugs were found and the servers were shut down all day as programmers in China were woken up in the middle of the night to fix things (IIRC, this was the case with the Duke Rose exploit).

I believe they pulled Duke Rose gear from the cash shop, banned players exploiting its price with auction house gold, and went in manually and reversed large transactions based on such exploits.

I can not even imagine where you would want programmers involved in any of this.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You think they have unlimited amount of cyberstorage or something? How do you think the servers are being hosted. And thats only 1 sample of storage. PW china before their release had more than ample time to accommodate as they went along making the game. Its like being given a house framework and a photo of the interior with chinese decorations. You give the house and photo to the US and tell them to make it exactly the same with only the materials available in the US. The result is gonna be diff. as well as the time it took to replicate it, with a few erros, a few lacking features.
    And if you dont know what the chain of command in a business means, go to school. That plays a huge roll in waiting. If it were that easy we'd get our tax returns in a week or so.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Chiv - Lost City
    Chiv - Lost City Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    deceptistar, depending on how they do it, implemting chinese code wouldn't be that difficult. I don't know if china has its own programming languages that america doesn't have, but even if they do each statement would be pretty easy to convert, and it certainly wouldn't take this long. the works already been done for PWI they just need to translate it. I'm sure PWI is just staggering their introduction of new features so they can make more money when they get a lot of hype with new content. You are making it sound much more difficult then it would actually be. I don't know if you've ever done programming, but it's not that difficult to replicate code from one language to another. And nobody but the GM's and the devs know how the chain of command and politics inside the company works so i dont know why you always act like you are aware of their inner workings.
  • Hamburgler - Lost City
    Hamburgler - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I've played a lot of MMO's that were originally released in China, Korea, etc. and NONE of them have ever gone straight to the full version. Hell the chinese version that is the "complete" version, is still being updated I believe.

It's not like the developers of the game have all the coding and everything they need to update the game just laying around, ready to make our version as updated as the chinese version with a simple push of the button.
  • Chiv - Lost City
    Chiv - Lost City Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    what do you mean they dont have all the coding to update the game just laying around? clearly they have something as they were able to create the game in the first place. Rather than an inability to update I have a feeling that its more business sense and perhaps as deceptistar has pointed out politics, but we can't really be certain.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    deceptistar, depending on how they do it, implemting chinese code wouldn't be that difficult. I don't know if china has its own programming languages that america doesn't have, but even if they do each statement would be pretty easy to convert, and it certainly wouldn't take this long. the works already been done for PWI they just need to translate it. I'm sure PWI is just staggering their introduction of new features so they can make more money when they get a lot of hype with new content. You are making it sound much more difficult then it would actually be. I don't know if you've ever done programming, but it's not that difficult to replicate code from one language to another. And nobody but the GM's and the devs know how the chain of command and politics inside the company works so i dont know why you always act like you are aware of their inner workings.
    Ive not done programming but Ive done business. Ive only touched the surface of html on easy homepages lol....and forgot half of them already =P Work wise Ive actually had QA experience with games, cartoons/anime, and credit cards localization with companies abroad, back when I was in japan. =o But like I said and stated in my first post with big capital letters, im only assuming because diff. companies work differently.
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

And yet there are people who buy a new car every three years, even though their old car is probably good for another ten years. If pwi puts everything out, they don't have anything else to attract customers the next month.

And good business doesn't mean flood the market with merchandise. It means holding out on the merchandise so you can sell at a higher price.
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

If they released everything in cash shop at once they'd be losing potential profit. Using your example of mounts, imagine if hellhound, nienbeast, and battlecat had all been released at the same time. People would've just bought the one that they liked. By doing what they're doing right now, releasing it step by step, people have an incentive to replace their mount because of a new "better" mount. When the Hellhound was released, people bought it because it was the "best" cash shop mount. When the Nienbeast came out, many of those same people who had bought the hellhound wanted a nienbeast because it was the new "best" mount. When the battlecat was released many of the same people who had first bought a hellhound, then a nienbeast, now wanted a battlecat. If all 3 had been released at the same time, very few people would've wanted to buy all three (except for collectors), but by releasing them step by step PW profited from the many people that bought all three in an attempt to always have the newest and best mount.
    Just because there is more availability of items does not necessarily equal more profit, if you're a producer, you want to make the maximum profit out of EVERY product that you sell. Imagine if Nintendo had released the DS and the DSi at the same time; instead they make much more profit by releasing the DSi later because of the people who want to upgrade.

Or take cars for example. Let's pretend that there are 100 people who need cars. There's honestly not a huge difference between a 2008 version of a car and a 2009 version of a car, but by branding the 2009 version as new and upgraded more people have the incentive to replace their 2008 car with the new 2009 car. If both the 2008 and 2009 had been released at the exact same time, a total of 100 cars will be sold (100 people want cars, they choose either 2008 or 2009), this is assuming everybody wants only 1 car. If the 2008 version is released first, 100 people will buy the 2008 version (100 cars sold). Once the 2009 version is released, some of these 100 people will feel the need to upgrade, for argument's sake let's say 30 people decide to upgrade. That's 100 cars vs. 130 cars sold (we're assuming that the profit made on each car is the same, referencing how perfect world makes the same profit off of a hellhound as it does a nienbeast).
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Why are people assuming I'm talking about the cash shop? There are many missing features that are available to everyone without even paying. I don't care about mounts or clothes. I care about having a complete game. And yes, it is a "free" game that people can choose wether or not to pay, but what of the people that do pay? They are paying for a game that is less complete than it could be. That is, as I said, like telling people to pay for the trial version of a program, and never letting them have the full version.

Now, back to the cash shop (which, I repeat, has nothing to do with the missing game features I was talking about in my original post). I do see how holding out cash shop items could be a good business model, but what of the people, like me, who see this unnecessary withholding and become so annoyed with it they decide never to spend a dime on this game? I sure hope withholding rakes in massive amounts of cash from the idiots, because they are also loosing a lot from the people who see that system as disrespectful and a virtual slap in the face.

But, in any case, withholding basic features that cannot be bought from the cash shop has no economic plus to it. In fact, all that accomplishes is shunning people who realize that the game is incomplete compared to what other people are receiving.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Why are people assuming I'm talking about the cash shop? There are many missing features that are available to everyone without even paying. I don't care about mounts or clothes. I care about having a complete game. And yes, it is a "free" game that people can choose wether or not to pay, but what of the people that do pay? They are paying for a game that is less complete than it could be. That is, as I said, like telling people to pay for the trial version of a program, and never letting them have the full version.You are NOT paying for the game. If you were you would obtain a license for it and be able to have it and call it your own. You pay (if you do) for the entertainment. PWI has never been closed in saying they own your account,and everything that is with it. The game is complete, as comoplete as they care to push it right now.

Now, back to the cash shop (which, I repeat, has nothing to do with the missing game features I was talking about in my original post). I do see how holding out cash shop items could be a good be a good buisiness model, but what of the people, like me, who see this unnecissary witholding and become so annoyed with it they decide never to spend a dime on this game? I sure hope withoulding rakes in massive amounts of cash from the idiots, because they are also loosing alot from the people who see that system as disrespectful and a vertual slap in the face.You just basically called everyone who spends any money on the cash shop an idiot.If you use a charm or anything else that comes from there, even though you buy it in game, you are promoting their cash shop!

But, in any case, withholding basic features that cannot be bought from the cash shop has no ecenomic plus to it. In fact, all that accomplishes is sunning people who realize that the game is incomplete compared to what other people are recieving.
    This is like saying the microwave should have come out 200 years ago. The idea was there that there should have been a better, faster way to cook. But cooking progressed in stages. We didn't always have stoves and microwaves.

Some stuff yes, would be nice if they would go ahead and implement like all the chests surrounded by mobs. Especially since they are for lower levels. But in the end no one could use a war soul weapon at lvl 1 so why put it there at that time? With every new thing comes glitches and bugs that have to be worked out. Would rather do it slowly than them fail miserably to do things in your timing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mikeymanman
    mikeymanman Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    This is like saying the microwave should have come out 200 years ago. The idea was there that there should have been a better, faster way to cook. But cooking progressed in stages. We didn't always have stoves and microwaves.
    this is wrong. the inventions known as fuel injection, V8 engines, plasma screen TVs, video phones, rockets, all kinds of common inventions we use today date back to the industrial revolution up until post WWI in the 1920s. The inventions were there, but the practicality for mass production was not.

Point and case back onto the original post, this game is solely owned and operated by PWE Beijing, the team here is a team of baby sitters delegating the game for them if you will. All major development, and release dates are at the discression of PWE Neijing, and not the team here. The team here is for managing PWI, its customers, and testing the content for the mother company.

This game is not even a full year old, so grow some patience, its still in its infant stages of development.

PWI Player= Pissy and Whiny Ingrate.
  • ZOMBIENATION - Heavens Tear
    ZOMBIENATION - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lol it's all about the money in the begining, if it comes to them making a ton of money off peole buying crappy mounts, then yea they gonna slow down a bit huh, could be a lot of things, i personally like how they drop 1 new thing on us every week, instead of a variety of things at once, personally i think the whole pay 1 gold for a 1 in 4984898 million chance to get a ninetails was bs lolz
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    STUPID rant, even more lame responses... sorry didn't even bother to read past the 3rd or 4th response.

I'll say this so people who have a problem grasping simple concepts will understand... The game was designed to be rolled out progressively, as time passes.

The car analogy was lame. But asking for the full implementation of Perfect World is like asking for a tv show like LOST to come out with all 5 seasons on DVD before the first episode aired. IT just doesn't work that way. ugh
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited June 2009
    Options

The features I am talking about exist in full in china. I am not telling them to make new **** just for the hell of it. This isn't like wanting a microwave 200 years ago, this is more like microwaves exist in Virginia, but not in California. The re is nothing stopping microwaves from reaching California, but for some reason it never shows up.
    With every new thing comes glitches and bugs that have to be worked out. Would rather do it slowly than them fail miserably to do things in your timing.

Is I said, it technically isn't new. It works in china, and the basics of the Chinese version (I hope) are the same as the American one. Seeing as the game basics are the same, and the tho main changes that have to be made to the Chinese version in order to work in America is translating the text into English. Yes, there are random, yet small, bugs that pop up when they bring a feature already available in China to America, but updating the whole system will in now way fry the servers and make the earth implode to form a black hole.
    Point and case back onto the original post, this game is solely owned and operated by PWE Beijing, the team here is a team of baby sitters delegating the game for them if you will. All major development, and release dates are at the discression of PWE Neijing, and not the team here. The team here is for managing PWI, its customers, and testing the content for the mother company.

Don't care who owns it, just care why they won't let us have a complete game.
    I'll say this so people who have a problem grasping simple concepts will understand... The game was designed to be rolled out progressively, as time passes.

The car analogy was lame. But asking for the full implementation of Perfect World is like asking for a tv show like LOST to come out with all 5 seasons on DVD before the first episode aired. IT just doesn't work that way. ugh

This is not a television show, giving people game features will not ruin the game. In fact, the game losses it's potential when it lacks its features.

I will admit, however, that it is fun to have new things every so often, and I'm cool with them doing that with the cash shop and maybe even a few less important features, but not on large features that increase the quality of the game play.

Oh yeah, and one more note:

The ToS make it illegal for an American resident to download the MY version and play on an English server. So if you were considering to take a peak at what the full game that Americans are banned from having, think again because all of your accounts in pw will be banned permanently.

Or so I've been told...
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Neither will you gaining a bit of patience and giving them time to sort it all out in the correct manner :)

Yes, there are random, yet small, bugs that pop up when they bring a feature already available in China to America, but updating the whole system will in now way fry the servers and make the earth implode to form a black hole.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The features I am talking about exist in full in china. I am not telling them to make new **** just for the hell of it. This isn't like wanting a microwave 200 years ago, this is more like microwaves exist in Virginia, but not in California. The re is nothing stopping microwaves from reaching California, but for some reason it never shows up.

Is I said, it technically isn't new. It works in china, and the basics of the Chinese version (I hope) are the same as the American one. Seeing as the game basics are the same, and the tho main changes that have to be made to the Chinese version in order to work in America is translating the text into English. Yes, there are random, yet small, bugs that pop up when they bring a feature already available in China to America, but updating the whole system will in now way fry the servers and make the earth implode to form a black hole.

Don't care who owns it, just care why they won't let us have a complete game.

This is not a television show, giving people game features will not ruin the game. In fact, the game losses it's potential when it lacks its features.

^^ This,i've got so many friends and guildys who don't log on anymore after90+ except for the weekend TW,and haven't bought Zen in months,if releasing things in stages is a way of keeping interest in the game,theres a miscalculation somewhere in PWI's timing,because people just stop and lose nearly all interest before the next big thing comes out.

I will admit, however, that it is fun to have new things every so often, and I'm cool with them doing that with the cash shop and maybe even a few less important features, but not on large features that increase the quality of the game play.

Oh yeah, and one more note:

The ToS make it illegal for an American resident to download the MY version and play on an English server. So if you were considering to take a peak at what the full game that Americans are banned from having, think again because all of your accounts in pw will be banned permanently.

Or so I've been told...

I don't give a hoot about the CS new mounts and dresses doesn't interest me in the slightest,only thing i'm interested in is the gameplay and features need to be implemented faster too many people are getting burnt out with nothing new to hold their interest .
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet