So.. What's the hold up? (Warning: Contains insane ranting)

2»

Comments

• BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    PPl getting burnt out has NOTHING to do with Zen or the CS.

It really doesn't have to do with gameplay. You can't tell me you've reached level 105?

They have made it so hard that the goal seems unattainable. 4 billion experience with all exp scrolls and the hardest mobs you can handle would take about 2 months to obtain if you played 10 hours a day to my calculation.

That is a pretty stiff goal. There has to be an end in sight or else you get bored. Which is one reason I rarely play this char.

After lvl 70 wq took so long and cs cost so much that I kinda got bored with it all. I simply made up a new char. Now I have 3 chars to work on. When I get bored I can switch from one to the other! *twitch* I just got to remember which skills each one has and which hotkey is which lol

I don't give a hoot about the CS new mounts and dresses doesn't interest me in the slightest,only thing i'm interested in is the gameplay and features need to be implemented faster too many people are getting burnt out with nothing new to hold their interest .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    PPl getting burnt out has NOTHING to do with Zen or the CS.

It really doesn't have to do with gameplay. You can't tell me you've reached level 105?

They have made it so hard that the goal seems unattainable. 4 billion experience with all exp scrolls and the hardest mobs you can handle would take about 2 months to obtain if you played 10 hours a day to my calculation.

That is a pretty stiff goal. There has to be an end in sight or else you get bored. Which is one reason I rarely play this char.

After lvl 70 wq took so long and cs cost so much that I kinda got bored with it all. I simply made up a new char. Now I have 3 chars to work on. When I get bored I can switch from one to the other! *twitch* I just got to remember which skills each one has and which hotkey is which lol

Theres no point in going to 105.None whatsoever.Thats what i'm saying.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
    edited June 2009
    Sure there is, if you are a hardcore gamer that likes to complete and finish everything. First person to 105 will be UBER! The best, the top... u know.

From a personal note I agree with you. I just have fun trying different classes and doing different things. Even though they are they same quests, the character is different and has different skills. Fun Fun!

Once I've got to lvl 65 on all characters I want to play... they better add new content, new classes or something to keep my interest. Or I will go on somewhere else. That will be awhile though, and in the meantime PWI rocks for me.

Theres no point in going to 105.None whatsoever.Thats what i'm saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Leprechaundh - Sanctuary
    Leprechaundh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Sure there is, if you are a hardcore gamer that likes to complete and finish everything. First person to 105 will be UBER! The best, the top... u know.

From a personal note I agree with you. I just have fun trying different classes and doing different things. Even though they are they same quests, the character is different and has different skills. Fun Fun!

Once I've got to lvl 65 on all characters I want to play... they better add new content, new classes or something to keep my interest. Or I will go on somewhere else. That will be awhile though, and in the meantime PWI rocks for me.
    Yes, that is my point. This game is monotonous and repetitive. The only way people can stir it up is by making new acct. Ppl shouldn't have to do that. A should be able to stand alone as being entertaining, not require a person to start over in order to hold interest. Any game enhancing features should be released to keep the game interesting, imo.
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yes, that is my point. This game is monotonous and repetitive. The only way people can stir it up is by making new acct. Ppl shouldn't have to do that. A should be able to stand alone as being entertaining, not require a person to start over in order to hold interest. Any game enhancing features should be released to keep the game interesting, imo.

And then you'd get bored of them pretty soon and there'd be nothing new to release. People always eventually get bored of RPG's, Perfect World is one of the more interesing MMO's out there
    edited June 2009
    This should have been your original post. It would have received way more respect. Instead of the horrible rant and cursing that ensued.

I don't think there is anyone that doesn't agree with you that they need to implement new stuff and not just for past level 105. However; good things come to those who wait. Give it time. This is a new game. Its still a baby.

If after the one year mark, they have gotten no further then sure.. rant. But since they started they have implemented lots of new things. And I don't just mean CS either.

People ranted and raved over wanting genies. They implemented them. People still wasn't happy. People wanted new mounts, new aerogear new clothes. They implement them. People still wasn't happy. No matter what they do, they are not going to be able to curve the masses of people who will not be happy no matter what.

Anything else I can say has already been said 100x over in the thread. That said: Patience is a virtue.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, I'm not saying to throw everything on at once, that would be kinda confusing to figure it out and it would leave nothing to look forward to. All I am saying is maybe they should introduce it a t a faster pace? And as for my original post, I was still pretty pissed that we are so far behind the china version and unable to contain annoyingness, but I still don't get why it should take so long to catch us up, especially since someone who has had experience in programming posted a statement saying that translating code isn't too difficult. But then again, the people in china only gets the stuff that actually is brand spanking new, which definitely causes a shirt-storm of bugs once implemented. Either way, I'm still thinking we should be a little more caught up.
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You think they have unlimited amount of cyberstorage or something? How do you think the servers are being hosted. And thats only 1 sample of storage. PW china before their release had more than ample time to accommodate as they went along making the game. Its like being given a house framework and a photo of the interior with chinese decorations. You give the house and photo to the US and tell them to make it exactly the same with only the materials available in the US. The result is gonna be diff. as well as the time it took to replicate it, with a few erros, a few lacking features.
    And if you dont know what the chain of command in a business means, go to school. That plays a huge roll in waiting. If it were that easy we'd get our tax returns in a week or so.

We're talking about a game here, how can it be different? As OP said, it's just binary. As for storage, have you ever seen a server room? It's not like they take up ACRES of land, perhaps downstairs in an office block - oh golly gosh, is that so huge? Is it worth losing potential customers on a game that profits so easily, just because of "storage"?

As for a few errors and lacking features, I WOULD say to test it thoroughly with dedicated black and white box testing, with real existing users for example, but with the PWI developers in mind I think that's asking too much (hello completely untested genie skills, infamous "bugged" flesh ream, cba thinking of more but I'm sure there's plenty more where that came from).

To the people quoting my American car market comparison, you know it was a beautiful one, overflowing with zest and creativity, don't burst my bubble please. b:cry
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    just because of "storage"?
    Go back and learn to read the thread carefully before answering a question that didnt exist >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    That ranting was shameful.
    Insane ranting my foot.
    Putting a few swear words doesnt make something a rant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You think they have unlimited amount of cyberstorage or something? How do you think the servers are being hosted. And thats only 1 sample of storage.

Maybe you can't read what you posted, let me help.
    amount of cyberstorage or something? How do you think the servers are being hosted. And thats only 1 sample of storage.
    cyberstorage or something? How do you think the servers are being hosted. And thats only 1 sample of storage.
    cyberstorage or something?

I can read perfectly fine, thanks, you quite clearly mentioned storage. Don't get your granny knickers in a twist please.
  • Notgood - Heavens Tear
    Notgood - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i didn't read all this stuff cause its to long so correct me if i'm wrong b:chuckle. But if your whole guild works together or the whole server works together it would only take weeks........TEAMWORK! Makes faster progrees b:laughb:laugh
    Why am i like this cause you made me like this...
    I guess you really didn't know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MntMan - Lost City
    MntMan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Bottom line is I guess if you don't like it then leave. Not meant as an insult. It happens in every MMORPG I've played. People get bored, rant and complain, threaten to leave, stay longer, rant some more, threaten to leave, stay, rant, complain, ****, moan, actually do leave, come back to play again, rant that more hasn't been done, etc.

I've found these people just can't be made happy so why try. They will go on to another game and play there for a bit. There's nothing wrong with it and in fact stimulates game play on good MMORPGs (like this one) For instance if you leave someone new will take your place for whom this is a new and exciting experience.

You original rant does request it "all" so don't try and act now like it would be too much and not what you want. You demand the complete version. Have you done all there is to do in the game yet that you need to have this here and now? Not bloody likely. So as you progress more things will be implemented. Or don't. Leave. Who cares. Ummm can I have you're stuff........... Yeah you'll hear that a lot. Cya!!!b:bye
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Maybe you can't read what you posted, let me help.
    I can read perfectly fine, thanks, you quite clearly mentioned storage. Don't get your granny knickers in a twist please.
    you just showed that tard'ness is unlimited >_>
    Theres actually a magic scroll to the side. It lets you swish up and down the magic internet screen. There you will find old and hidden logs (only to you) that will give you hints and secrets to what was really said... GTFBack in there

ME says:
    our US side cannot handle everything at the pace they would actually want it to. Codes, storage, rights, translations, etc. wise.

TARD' says
    Is it worth losing potential customers on a game that profits so easily, just because of "storage"?

What TARD' actually sees and singles out:
    our US side cannot handle everything at the pace they would actually want it just because of storage.
    actually post #43 is the best example haha

LOLZ
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited July 2009
    Bottom line is I guess if you don't like it then leave. Not meant as an insult. It happens in every MMORPG I've played. People get bored, rant and complain, threaten to leave, stay longer, rant some more, threaten to leave, stay, rant, complain, ****, moan, actually do leave, come back to play again, rant that more hasn't been done, etc.

I've found these people just can't be made happy so why try. They will go on to another game and play there for a bit. There's nothing wrong with it and in fact stimulates game play on good MMORPGs (like this one) For instance if you leave someone new will take your place for whom this is a new and exciting experience.

You original rant does request it "all" so don't try and act now like it would be too much and not what you want. You demand the complete version. Have you done all there is to do in the game yet that you need to have this here and now? Not bloody likely. So as you progress more things will be implemented. Or don't. Leave. Who cares. Ummm can I have you're stuff........... Yeah you'll hear that a lot. Cya!!!

I never once threatened to leave, nor would I if I was considering it, as I know no one cares.

Oh, and you may want to check out the magic scroll to the side of your page that was mentioned above. You will find, in an earlier post, that I admitted my original post wasn't thought out too well, and that I admitted it was too much of an over reaction, and that what people have said has cleared my steam and actually made some sense, though most tried to phrase their responses in the most dickish way possible (this wasn't helped much by my original post).
    And as for my original post, I was still pretty pissed that we are so far behind the china version and unable to contain annoyingness

@ ALL

I'd make an attempt to put an end to this flame debate here because there is no real reason to continue, as all points have been made and now we're just down to quoting each other and yelling about who said what, but no one will listen anyway, and it's way to hilarious to watch the feathers fly, so flame on, flame on...

I'm outta here.
    edited July 2009
    wow...ppl actually did stop flaming. Good job :D

This thread should be closed by gm/admin/whoever.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    wow...ppl actually did stop flaming. Good job :D

This thread should be closed by gm/admin/whoever.

It helps if you don't bump dead threads. <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Honestly you make it sound like you believe that there is a magic button laying around somewhere, and all the GM's have to do is press the big red button, and our version will be the same as the Chinese version.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    welcome to my freakin world.

Aren't you currently not supposed to be posting due to having been banned from the forums on your original account?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Honestly you make it sound like you believe that there is a magic button laying around somewhere, and all the GM's have to do is press the big red button, and our version will be the same as the Chinese version.

Yeah I am so COOl 'cause I got RED textb:laugh

Hes right though, its more than just "basic binary stuff" that makes up computers...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|