In game weddings/getting married?

Options
124»

Comments

• Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The marriage packages were on sale during Valentines Day this year for about half price.
  • TouchOfDeath - Dreamweaver
    TouchOfDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    My wife and I have enjoyed roleplaying since we met more than a decade ago. We used to buy books for different RP systems and costumes and props for LARPs, spending significant amounts of money. Basically, we are used to parting with our cash for games.

Since joining PWI, we have developed Elven characters who will go through a long, romantic (sometimes tragic) relationship including an in-game wedding. Spending this money is not about the in-game gifts or stats, but as a part of a rewarding storyline. I figure that for the amount of fun playing this game will have given us by then, a one-time donation of $60 is nothing.

Just my opinion, of course.

im on dreamweaver. ill sell you a bride dress for 350k in game pm me TouchOfDeath. easier and much cheaper than having to buy 2 packs.
  • BryanFury - Harshlands
    BryanFury - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    My wife and I have enjoyed roleplaying since we met more than a decade ago. [...]

Also with my wife we have and still play with many games and our clan still up by much time and will be forever (until one day one of our sons, or the sons of our sons of our sons [...] will decide to close it :D)

I figure that for the amount of fun playing this game will have given us by then, a one-time donation of $60 is nothing.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Well technically a cerimony cost so really much, and about simply things, is matter of have a certificate that don't cost so much in real, but for sure more than 60$. At least in Italy where we live. I'd like to marry also ingame, and until now, the many games that we play, and we used to play, never got that kind of feature...that is the first time that i see the marriage system, the possibility to kiss each other..well, we like that game...for sure, we will take the decision to marry ingame also here, but just the word "game" make me think: why for a game that kind of price? I know is a free mmorpg, i know is a 30$ for each person (at least since we are married still 60$, what is mine, is also of my wife and reversal.) but, at least is a game, prices in my opinion should be max and not over 50$ (25+25) Even if 40 will be better (20+20).

Anyway, we took the decision to do it is not a big problem pay, But at least, in the meanwhile that we are waiting for start the quest, do all that is necessary to do ingame, we will continue to hope in a reduction :P
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Alright. I've read all the posts here (interesting topic!) So I'd like to add my perspective to this in afterthought, if you're willing to read my wall of text.

Everyone knows MMORPGs are for people willing to put lots of time into one thing. That makes this a hobby for said people. It's not uncommon for people to invest money into their hobby. The way I see it, this game gives you the option to decide how much value you place in your PWI experience.

Casual money investors may just buy some charms or experience bonuses. Stuff like that make the game a little easier and isn't the most expensive thing on the list, either.

Then you have people who really want to immerse themselves into this game with things like the marriage feature. I think that $60 separates casual gamers from those who want to appreciate features like marriage. If it was say $10 per person or even free, the experience of marriage would also be cheapened in my opinion.

"OMGWARRIOR225 Married VeNOSlaSHERFTW"

I'm new to this game and can't remember the wording for the announcement, but you get my point about what you'd see every couple minutes. (Yes, I also generalized player types with names choices *Cheers*)

If you disagree, go back and read the other posts. Like I did, you might notice that people who express appreciation of the marriage feature usually don't get so upset with the price.

Lastly! Unfortunately, some people want to truly enjoy features like this in game but don't have the real life money to do it instantly. You've got my sympathy, but you do have the option to earn the moolah in game. Think of it this way - you'll have a lot of bragging rights afterword about earning the gold the hard way.

I hope this perspective cools the flames a bit. Happy gaming!
  • Xxshanexx - Sanctuary
    Xxshanexx - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i am married irl too and only had to spend 50 dollars so your figures are off a bit =\
  • youloverce
    youloverce Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    im in england and the recession has hit us really hard here thousands of people out of work and losing their homes. if the makers of this game think we can afford these ridiculous prices for the saleable items they need to see a shrink!

Make money ingame its only 3mill approx.
    Proud Member of Harvesteri (LOST CITY - PVP)
    Level 8X Blademaster
    Weapon Specialty Hand Combat (Fist and Claws)
    Some people use there hands to heal and caress, I am not one of them.

Harvester - Gathering the souls of the impure.
  • Elvishly - Harshlands
    Elvishly - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I am going to get married to someone in my guild. I didn't think the cost was too high. But it is fun to have a marriage b:pleased
  • LordRunca - Sanctuary
    LordRunca - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    it does seem a lil ridiculous to pay those prices but they do have sales quite often and i agree that if the marriage option was free the chat board would be overloaded...plus its not like they charge you 15/month just to play. they need to pay for the servers somehow...i plan on getting a few of those prepaid cards next time im at target
    This will have to do until I'm cool enough for a banner sig
  • Accelerated - Sanctuary
    Accelerated - Sanctuary Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Why are people still posting on this thread? The OP was posted almost a year ago b:shocked.
    necro .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ♥ - 藤林 杏-様 - ♥
    ♥ Kyou Fujibayashi-sama ♥
  • Anyai - Harshlands
    Anyai - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Are there any benefits from getting married? Maybe dropped pricing, or exp gain when couple is in a squad? Or is it just a lame title?

Wow, nice to know you'll only get married for a bonus, and you only get the 'lame' title....and gifts after the weddig and costume before also
  • Naquia - Dreamweaver
    Naquia - Dreamweaver Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Wow, nice to know you'll only get married for a bonus, and you only get the 'lame' title....and gifts after the weddig and costume before also

Well I'll only marry ingame for boni, just like I'd only marry real life for the lowered taxes.

I'm not into thoughts like love needs a wedding ring.^^

And concerning the "title", I would want a "whoever's wife" hovering
    over my chars name in game, just as much I'd want a tattoo on my forehead
    saying "property of whomever" in real life.

Face the facts, this world can be parted into head people and heart people.

I wouldn't bother criticising one or the other.^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • Nev_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Nev_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Having read thru all the posts here my question has been answered.

My RL husband and I play together and we've been wondering how to obtain the Bride/Groom packs...Unfortunately 60 RL dollars won't be worth a virtual Marriage...>_>

My suggestion-You want someone to know you're married have it in your Chars name saying something like 'HisWife' or 'HerHubby'..b:laugh

Seriously though, my husband and I just have our names showing the same lastname and we are always in the same squad! b:chuckle

So if you see the names Nev_Darkmore & Sel_Darkmore running around that's us!!!b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    umad bro?b:cute

DW Wizard - Celestial Demon
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This is from 2008 b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Lady_Satsue - Lost City
    Lady_Satsue - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Just remember that you don't HAVE to spend real money on anything. Grind NON stop for DAYS ON END and you will have the few mil to buy packs from players b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    This thread has been on and off for a while, with a month in between posts o_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.