What's wrong here?

Options
Mothra - Lost City
Mothra - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Cleric
Yesterday I was doing quests on my level 34 BM (heavy), and a Cleric decided to come kill me. I just wanted it to be over with, so I stood still. When her attacks did very little damage to me (cyclone was about 300?) I decided to just run for SZ to **** her off. After attacking me the whole way, wasting a few thousand points of my hp charm, and even putting me to sleep, she still did not kill me before I got to safety.

Just a fail Cleric, right? I got on my 50 Venomancer (Arcane) to hunt her down, and, after a whole lot of abuse from my two air pets, some attack I couldn't identify apparently killed me in one shot. WTF is wrong here? After trying out player info, she turned out to be 6x. Can someone explain how a Cleric that high fails against its advantage (while about 30 levels above it) and owns against something relatively neutral?
Post edited by Mothra - Lost City on

Comments

• Furriae - Lost City
    Furriae - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'm guessing the cleric didn't want to go red, so they were trying to get you to attack back.
  • Lennson - Heavens Tear
    Lennson - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I could be wrong but it sounds very much like the claric was toying with your BM (intentionally not killing you) because such a kill due lvl difference would be meaning less on the pvp count.

Still doesn't explain the low damage but if the claric had wanted you dead he/she would have most likely used wield thunder (none spark lightning skill) in some combination).

The skill that kill your venomance probably was probably razor feathers (does physical damage for considerably more than plume shot does).
  • Mothra - Lost City
    Mothra - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'm guessing the cleric didn't want to go red, so they were trying to get you to attack back.
    I forgot to mention she was already quite red
    I could be wrong but it sounds very much like the claric was toying with your BM (intentionally not killing you) because such a kill due lvl difference would be meaning less on the pvp count.

Still doesn't explain the low damage but if the claric had wanted you dead he/she would have most likely used wield thunder (none spark lightning skill) in some combination).

The skill that kill your venomance probably was probably razor feathers (does physical damage for considerably more than plume shot does).
    Alright. I'm just really lost on how magic damage was so dismal on my BM.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    They do magic damage I know plume shot does.I would give it a whisper and ask it.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    you cant get anywhere when 2 idiots argue...b:sin
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eunuch - Dreamweaver
    Eunuch - Dreamweaver Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Alright. I'm just really lost on how magic damage was so dismal on my BM.
    Probably by using skills he hadn't leveled up. Could be that the cleric just wanted to burn your charm.
  • Yodan - Lost City
    Yodan - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    They do magic damage I know plume shot does.I would give it a whisper and ask it.

Plume shot and Razor Feathers do dammage equal to your magic dammage but its dammage type is changed to physical so i would call it a physical dammage attack. Also i sometimes mess with noobs on my cleric and i take off my weapon, are u sure they were not attacking without a weapon?
  • Fuyukoneko - Heavens Tear
    Fuyukoneko - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    She must have been toying with you =p
    I dnt think any cleric would neglect to lvl up their cyclone and I know it would do *alot* more damage on you if used at full power. Im thinking that she used a really low lvled weapon (like I do sometimes to pretend I'm lower lvled) - or none at all. It's no fun to one-shot ppl wen you're bored. b:surrender
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Plume shot and Razor Feathers do dammage equal to your magic dammage but its dammage type is changed to physical so i would call it a physical dammage attack. Also i sometimes mess with noobs on my cleric and i take off my weapon, are u sure they were not attacking without a weapon?

It says magic damage on skill icon so I am going with magic.how can you do physical dmge when you don't have the weapons to do it.
  • Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver
    Elvenhawk - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    It says magic damage on skill icon so I am going with magic.how can you do physical dmge when you don't have the weapons to do it.

I'd like to know how you've been dealing with 'Increased Magical Defence' mobs during your 52 levels as a Cleric.

Although based off your magic attribute/base magical attack, Plume Shot and Razor Feathers inflict physical damage on foes. It's a major part of why Clerics are considered such a versatile profession; by level 3 we can deal some very nice magical and physical damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Elf Priest | Dreamweaver | Faction: Mayhem
  • GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver
    GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

oh boy, must i explain this?

Trust me, it does phys damage. Nothing more needs to be said. Plume Shot and Razor (why on earth would u use this in a 1v1 -_-) are magic attacks that deal Physical Damage, if you would read the description better

Plume Shot - Focus your psychic energy to form sharp quill arrows to attack the
    enemy. Inflicts physical damage equal to your base magic attack plus
    55% of weapon damage plus 37.7.

Razor Feathers - Manipulate your wings to form countless quill blades to attack the target and
    all enemies within 4.4 meters radius around it. Inflicts physical
    damage
    equal to base magic attack plus 110% of weapon damage plus 527.5.

*Posts up in my high chair*

These attacks here are for users with Light or Heavy armor, they inflict metal dmg.

Cyclone - Summon an immense cyclone on the enemy, inflicting Metal damage equal to your
    base magic attack plus 55% of weapon damage plus 55.0.
    Has a 65% chance to reduce the enemy's movement speed by 40% for 5.3 seconds

Wield Thunder - Cast a chain of lightning at the enemy, inflicting Metal damage
    equal to base magic damage plus 110% of weapon
    damage plus 1944.5.

There are many others but i think you are beginning to catch my drift?
  • Yodan - Lost City
    Yodan - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

you dont do physical dammage in this case by hitting them rather think of it as using magic to gather your feathers into a bow and arrow which u then launch at the enemy to cause physical dammage.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Most definitely do physical damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It may be physical damage in the end but when you start off it is magic.We would invest in str. if being physical.I would say that one lvl 40 Barb/Bm attack can out damage if it was say a lvl 60 Cleric.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It may be physical damage in the end but when you start off it is magic.We would invest in str. if being physical.I would say that one lvl 40 Barb/Bm attack can out damage if it was say a lvl 60 Cleric.

you are clueless.....
    b:dirty
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    lol at mystimonk :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Sleekit - Heavens Tear
    Sleekit - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    xD Yup.

10chars
  • GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver
    GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Did you not read what i posted? Scroll up to the top of Page 2. It will ease your sorrow. I seriously hope your Joking? Becuz if not... FAIL
  • Lonicera - Dreamweaver
    Lonicera - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

You might try reading your skill's description?

If you hit R, and then let your mouse float over your plume shot icon, you should get a little pop-up window which gives you some details about your skill.

I am nowhere near the game right now, so I am not totally sure, but I think its description reads something like this:
    Focus your psychic energy to form sharp quill arrows to attack the enemy. Inflicts physical damage equal to your base magic attack plus XX% of weapon damage plus YYY.Y.

That second sentence -- especially the first few words of that second sentence -- might possibly be relevant here?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I havnt actually seen any cleric invest in STR gear just for that. Personally I would want to test it out witha bunch of STR gear, even tho I know that their both physical attacks, just to satisfy my curiosity. (its apparent in magic resist mobs)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MyNameIsPooh - Harshlands
    MyNameIsPooh - Harshlands Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    its your magic attack, converted into a physical spell...
    I R NO ALT >:O
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I was trying to stay clear but I just can't do it b:surrender

1) Plume = " Inflicts physical damage equal to your base magic attack plus"

2) Razor feathers = "Inflicts physical damage equal to base magic attack plus"

3) Mag Resist mobs = use Plume and Razor and they are as easy as taking down regular mobs with your magic attacks.

4) Str will not help since the phsy damage is based off of your base magic attack

*sigh* How do some people level so high and not know there own attacks b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Hsuzumiya - Sanctuary
    Hsuzumiya - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Cyclone wasn't maxed I'm guessing, (Which sadly alot of clerics do) And plume shot doesn't do alot vs. Heavy Armour.

Was the Cleric LA also? Explains lack of damage as well. And how your veno didn't easily kill,
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm thinking Mystimonk might just be trolling really. They've posted that bit of retardation on a few different topics, and it has been disproven over and over. Any cleric who isn't complete and utter **** knows to use Plume and Razor against arcanes when doing pk. It is physical damage dealt, and based solely off of your magical damage.

If we went by the same lack of thought that people are using to say it isn't, then there is no reason to use elemental seal or level metal mastery. After all, they must not be dealing metal damage either; it's based off of magical attack which means it must be magic.

Seriously, what kind of toxic paste did people's pre-school serve them that they can't even get when their own dislogic defeats itself so obviously?
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Seriously, what kind of toxic paste did people's pre-school serve them that they can't even get when their own dislogic defeats itself so obviously?

unno, Ive only had the non-toxic elmers glue. Goes down easier. b:surrender
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    unno, Ive only had the non-toxic elmers glue. Goes down easier. b:surrender

Are you sure it was non-toxic?

You scare me sometimes b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Are you sure it was non-toxic?

You sorry me sometimes b:sad

"you sorry me"?

What kinda glue do you use..? b:lipcurl

shair pleaz
  • Hsuzumiya - Sanctuary
    Hsuzumiya - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

+1

Im guessing a lil kid....
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    "you sorry me"?

What kinda glue do you use..? b:lipcurl

shair pleaz

Corrected b:surrender

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Corrected b:surrender

b:avoid

heh rose u made my day with that one.