For all the FB piggys:

BratFury - Heavens Tear
BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
If you are one of those who w/c "doing your fb 19-??? you keep all drops and 3 stars" this is for you.

First off.. I never respond but this is my thoughts and questions:

Why on earth can't you set it to free and let the tabber have ALL drops? You don't need them. If you can solo an fb 19 you have NO need for any of the drops.

You w/c all day to do fbs but won't lift a finger to help anyone kill a boss. *gasp* that would just be too much work for nothing. Get a clue.. I add every person who helps me with a boss to my friends list. And just take a guess who gets to help me do my next fb?

The "factions" that sit in w/c all day and say Faction(insert here) helping with fb's go to room (insert room here). Most of you who do this are factions that are only allowing high lvl ppl in their factions. Get a clue, if you want more fbs to do run to a birth city, invite about 20 lvl 5's to your faction and viola you have 20 fb's to do as these ppl lvl... x about 5.

And last but not least, your arrogance precedes you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by BratFury - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Farain - Dreamweaver
    Farain - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    After my archers Fb19. I plan on soloing them all from now on
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ahhh, the joys of being a respected high level player in my faction surrounded by those of similar level. I haven't had to deal with one of those idiots since my first fail FB19 run, and even then, that wasn't my decision. We all know why they want to run FB's. Free rep/EXP. They aren't doing it to be helpful, they aren't doing it to be nice. They're doing it because they get something out of it. I, on the other hand, run FB's with my faction, giving up the drops, and doing it to be nice. However, I too get something out of it. The same things that WC shouters get, as well as the added bonuses of the person I ran it with more than likely asking me for help with the next FB, as well as the fact that I'm helping them level, so they can help out other people. It's called leading by example, and it's a wonderful thing. I help someone, so they help someone, so... ETC. I'll never understand why on Earth anyone would run a WC FB...
  • Death - Harshlands
    Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I've actually done most of my FB's on Harshland with those people.

I've yet to have any 3* or molds not given to me. I've only had 2 molds drop and maybe 3-4 3* items, but I've never had a problem when choosing the WC people.

I'm selective though, always have a brief discussion with the person beforehand, so there have been a few times where I declined after messaging them.

Most people out there are generally honest and reliable, some others though, you gotta watch out for.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Farin You can't solo an fb hun. Just not possible. Not for your lvl anyways. However; find yourself a GOOD faction. Within it should be people who want to help you do anything you need help with.

Its always a good idea to add ppl who will help you kill bosses. These ppl aren't selfish and they are there for the right reason. JUST TO HELP! They get nothing out of killing a boss for you except using their charms and time. So they make wonderful ppl to add to your fb squads!

I hope your next one goes more smoothly. Watch the forums and find someone on your server here that has a good attitude that you like and join their faction and enlist them for help :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeldur - Lost City
    Aeldur - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I kinda got screwed on my Fb51 cause i used a W/C squad (because no one was online in my faction and i was impatiant). They got through it all ok. The bad part was: they completely ignored me throughout so when i said they missed alot of mobs i needed for quests in the FB, they were not done, so i had to ask my faction members later on to do essentailly an FB without EXP, i was lucky they're nice people. So now i don't trust anyone from W/C.
  • Mayacamus - Heavens Tear
    Mayacamus - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited June 2009

hahaha lol b:laugh
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Technically you cannot solo them.. since you need to be the party leader to be able to tab it....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I WC for them...Let tabber keep 3*'s and any molds (unless tabber only wants to call specific items)...inform my crew that tabber gets those items...59-79 I will (most of the time) provide the wines...and if applicable will do everything in my power to complete any quests inside the instance (even if everyone else leaves party..although my crews are fantastic at this).

For me, at my level, there is not much I can do with the lower level molds and 3*'s besides sell them and I would rather see them go to good use or let the tabber make some extra coins. I know and remember what it was like to be a lowbie with no coins.

There are scammers out there, but people who run fb's with me I trust 100% and they know that one slip-up and no more invites. Simple as that. The benefits of the rep and exp should be enough.

Besides, it beat grinding!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i don't need a random team to do mine. i generally have friends willing to help.
  • Aesprika - Sanctuary
    Aesprika - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    They're the type that won't doing something unless they get something.
    edited June 2009
    It is amazing how many ppl are choosing "if they promised me all the drops".

You ppl are taking them at face value. I can promise to put a rope around the moon and bring it to you that doesn't mean I will or can. Even if the initial person you ask to do the FB promises they will give u all the drops, that doesn't mean anyone else will hold to that, or even the one who made the promise.

Please don't be gullible! Get in a good faction or get some good friends for help!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foulcault - Heavens Tear
    Foulcault - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It is amazing how many ppl are choosing "if they promised me all the drops".

You ppl are taking them at face value. I can promise to put a rope around the moon and bring it to you that doesn't mean I will or can. Even if the initial person you ask to do the FB promises they will give u all the drops, that doesn't mean anyone else will hold to that, or even the one who made the promise.

Please don't be gullible! Get in a good faction or get some good friends for help!

Just playing devil's advocate here but who says your guild or friends will always be honest? Who's to say that guildie who sees that mold won't run off and say forget what youor the guild thinks? Temptation is the true test.

As for my own experience I've done FBs with guilds/friends and with WC/chatroomers and while not always great I have found them to be about as enjoyable or better then some FBs I do with friends or guildies. If anything I'd say no matter who you FB with specially if they are in a faction then hold them to a standard and follow thru if they rip you off. Most guilds won't tolerate mold stealing under any condition. Also remember the biggest rule....This is your FB....control it. I've actually not tabbed before if people act stupid.
    edited June 2009
    Touche! Although all those I trust I've known on here almost since I started this game. They've traded me hundreds of thousands of coins or items worth that much and I the same. It really comes down to finding those you can trust and keeping them around you :)

Just playing devil's advocate here but who says your guild or friends will always be honest? Who's to say that guildie who sees that mold won't run off and say forget what youor the guild thinks? Temptation is the true test.

As for my own experience I've done FBs with guilds/friends and with WC/chatroomers and while not always great I have found them to be about as enjoyable or better then some FBs I do with friends or guildies. If anything I'd say no matter who you FB with specially if they are in a faction then hold them to a standard and follow thru if they rip you off. Most guilds won't tolerate mold stealing under any condition. Also remember the biggest rule....This is your FB....control it. I've actually not tabbed before if people act stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary
    _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Technically you cannot solo them.. since you need to be the party leader to be able to tab it....

You can technically solo an fb anyway.... just don't pick up your tabs.
    Disclaimer

I hereby absolve myself from all responsibilities from damage incurred, loss of life, and severe mental retardation from trying to read and/or understand my posts. Please do not come to me about these problems or I shall be forced to stab you with a dull wooden spoon. Enjoy your day. =D
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I can't see why a squad wouldn't set to "free" and leave picking up to the tabber if they promised the tabber all drops. Personally, I'm always happy if I end up getting a few odd DQ's and stuff through random, it pays for repairs. I wouldn't do an FB for exp, at my level, fb19-39 just aren't worth it compared to grinding.
    But same as quests, fb's are always good fun and a break from the grind, which is why I'm always happy to join one.
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I have had some good ones and some bad ones. The bad one I had was mostly just people hanging around outside of FB 19 but I just wanted that one done and over with. (Hate FBs when 'I' am the Tabber...You feel so worthless and useless thanks to the insane difficulty) However, at the very least on Heaven's Tear Ceaser does a great job. They have done FB 59 for me, my Husband, and my friends and do a thorough proffessional job every time. So at least one other faction out there is worth looking up in this regard even if they DO spam in WC on occasion. (And no, I am not in that Faction nor am I ever going to be joining it lol)
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If you are one of those who w/c "doing your fb 19-??? you keep all drops and 3 stars" this is for you.

First off.. I never respond but this is my thoughts and questions:

Why on earth can't you set it to free and let the tabber have ALL drops? You don't need them. If you can solo an fb 19 you have NO need for any of the drops.

You w/c all day to do fbs but won't lift a finger to help anyone kill a boss. *gasp* that would just be too much work for nothing. Get a clue.. I add every person who helps me with a boss to my friends list. And just take a guess who gets to help me do my next fb?

The "factions" that sit in w/c all day and say Faction(insert here) helping with fb's go to room (insert room here). Most of you who do this are factions that are only allowing high lvl ppl in their factions. Get a clue, if you want more fbs to do run to a birth city, invite about 20 lvl 5's to your faction and viola you have 20 fb's to do as these ppl lvl... x about 5.

And last but not least, your arrogance precedes you.

FYI A lot of these high level factions that run fb's,are territory war guilds and can't afford the space for a bunch of low low levels in their ranks,so hush up
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I take it the OP is a bitter greedy **** who demanded ALL drops and got jipped D:
    Hun if I were in an fb with you and you wanted every single DQ drop and every single white 1* item I'd kill a boss or two, depending on the fb, more than likely steal a mold if one dropped just to be an **** of equal proportion, leave squad and leave you hanging with no wines and only half the tabs as to minimize the odds of you getting help ever again. We have repairs, we burn our charms, and we make for a smooth fast run which is otherwise impossible. If you don't like it, and if you don't appreciate it, you're more than welcome to go solo your own fbs. I remember one dude who had fb79 tabs. He wanted us to do his 20/20/20 first. Which translates into clearing the fb halway once, then doing a full unwined run, AND he wanted to keep all the molds and 3*. For what? 60k xp in 2-3 hours? Guess how that went for them? :p Suffice it to say, someone still has their fb79 tabs lol.
    That being said, I even disagree with the idiotic "mold and 3* to tabber" policy. I would be ok with it if the tabber could actually use it, but if a wizard wants calamity axes or misty forest ring or a barb wants a saky light then we're talking just pure greed. They can't do the fb on their on, they don't deserve exclusive rights to any loots there in, imho. Yet people still do it, as the exp/rep is a good enough incentive in come cases. And I'm no different. Granted, I normally won't do fb69/79 without the incentive for drops, as xp per time ratio simply isn't worth it, unless I'm just a few hundred rep short of a new rank (which I am, yay rank 5 :D).

So to reiterate my point, running fbs isn't free. We burn our charms, and we have repair fees at the end of it. Compared to (most) tabbers who tab the pillar, then sit around and watch us do all the work. We're being more than fair when letting you have molds and 3*, which quite honestly you don't deserve most of the time to begin with. Take away the few dozen k we get from DQ drops to break even with the costs we put into helping you and I can guarantee you'll be hanging on to your tabs for a looooong time.

Edit: forgot to touch upon the whole boss thing. I actually do help here and there with a boss if I can. Usually if I'm doing WQ and someone shouts for a boss and I'm nearby I'll go out of my way and help. Or if I shout for an fb and don't get any, but I'm bored out of my mind and someone needs help with a boss I can solo I'll usually go do it. Usually chin or dismal or something like that lol. I'm actually a nice a guy, long as you don't try to play me and take advantage of it. And you seem to fit the description. So yeah, gl with your fbs, you'll need it.
    b:dirty
  • Theotus - Heavens Tear
    Theotus - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I do wc fbs. I do room# fbs. I do pm fbs. Friend fbs. Faction fbs. My faction recruits high lvls for future tws. There is nothing wrong with that. I help with bosses, and I will often help with low lvl mob quests. Calling me arrogant because I like my faction that is 45+ is just mean. I have never been rude to a tabber, even when they have been rude or pushy to me. I won't stop doing wc fbs because you think it's arrogant. I'm nice and wc helps me to help as many people that need help as I can.
    edited June 2009
    FYI A lot of these high level factions that run fb's,are territory war guilds and can't afford the space for a bunch of low low levels in their ranks,so hush up

Wow the need to hide under an alt is refreshing! LOL@"hush up". What do you think you are the forum guru? Did I strike a nerve that validates a point? I still think its sad for a lvl 80-90 to even want to do an fb 19 or 29.. not hardly worth the time for the exp that a level 50ish could do and it would be decently worth it for them.

As for the other guy who called me bitter.. I have never ONCE had a bad experience with an FB. NOT even 1 time. I know several people lvl 90+ who are happy to help me or anyone I know with bosses/fbs/tt runs anytime I ask. This post isn't about being bitter.. it was as per stated for the fb piggys who seem like they have nothing better to do then beg people for fbs all day.

No matter what you say I still won't get it. I can grind out that experience a lot faster than sitting at fb 19 begging every low lvl that walks by for their fb. Get a clue, not everyone who posts is bitter, this is just what I see and to be quite frank it disgusts me.

I am in a wonderful faction with wonderful people. My friends list is totally full I can't add anyone else due to the 100 friend restriction. I can call on any 1 of those people at any time for help. You seem like you are one of those more interested in reward rather than the simple task of helping people. There is no other reason a lvl 90 would want a mold out of an fb 19. LUDICROUS!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Me and my FB squad WC ocasionally. Most of the time its when we are bored and want something to do. NOT FOR EXP/REP. When I set up the party I always set it for free. and the task of picking up loot is given to the tabber.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
    edited June 2009
    Thats how most do it. I'm not saying the occasional w/c is a horrible thing. But there are People/Factions who do it all the time. Thats all they do. They beg people. I even saw this one person outside the untamed fb 19 for over an hour while I was helping my son play over there... all they did was shout "helping with your fb 19". In an hours time they could have grinded the exp. I don't know about other servers but I quite frequently see the barrage of world chats that go like this : "don't let (insert inadequately responsible being of humanity's name here) do your TT run. They banked and stole all the stuff". Or "Don't let (insert jerk who steals all your stuff's name here)do your FB.. a mold dropped and he ran and snatched it up and kept it."

Maybe its just the server I"m on that has left a bad taste in my mouth. Are other servers different than what the majority have seen of my posts?

Me and my FB squad WC ocasionally. Most of the time its when we are bored and want something to do. NOT FOR EXP/REP. When I set up the party I always set it for free. and the task of picking up loot is given to the tabber.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You can technically solo an fb anyway.... just don't pick up your tabs.

Since your FB is the tab, you can't... You can run the dangeoun as many times as you want, but it is not a FB until you tab it.... (FB = iron tablet = tabs). It is the same as killing 70 pirates or killing 70 pirates after picking up a justice quest. You still killing pirates but only one of them is a justice quest
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Your main argument seems to be that you have great friends, and ppl you know to help. but not everyone does =/ have you ever thought that out? you have stated it many times now, but i know until lvl 30ish i didn't know anyone, i had no idea how to play the game. and it was one of these chats that made me the player i am today.

I personally do not do theses chats as i cant make an entire squad right off the bat, even if i can solo the fb, but if i do fly over someone asking for help, or see a "Seeking Squad" sign i ask. Did Jewel for an **** hole the other day, just because i thought it would be nice to help a random person, because he apparently didn't have any friends to do it for him like you do.

All i get from this is that you don't help random ppl and are only loyal to your faction. which in the end gives it a bad name =/
    edited June 2009
    Lol no, my faction consists of about 25 ppl and we like it that way. The friends on my list mostly are not in my faction. You can ask anyone who knows me or has ever seen me in game I am the first to help anyone if I can. (unless they are bieng rude).

My main post was about fb hoards. Ppl who beg and beg and beg for fbs.

Had nothing to do with MY integrity, my faction or my friends. I know who I am and so do they. I will help any1 who asks me for my help just about no matter what I'm doing. I've even had an estorica on and went to help people because they needed it.

I know a lvl 90+ BM who is always busy with fbs. Can't hardly get her help anymore because she is so well known to be not only awesome, and informed but she's nice to be around and always helpful. How did she get that status? Trust me it wasn't by "wc-I will do your fbs" she does the same thing I do. She goes, she helps anyone who needs it and by that people recommend her to others.

My point with the poll was to show all the WC FBers that people are not likely to choose you to do an fb based on your wc. Help them kill bosses, do things without reward. Thats how you get rewarded for doing things you expect nothing in return for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If thats all your trying to prove its a waste of time, they will find out when no one answers them if it such a terrible thing to be doing. People use the same technique if it works for them.

I think we play the same way, as i'm in a tiny faction, and have friends that will drop anything to help. i guess i'm just more chill about people wasting their time and money that doesn't effect me at all then you are.
    edited June 2009
    You're probably right. But I am also the carebear that wanted the wc cleaned up and posted about it several times here and started getting results. I always hope things can change. I live my life by the serenity prayer! Sometimes I need help! LOL

If thats all your trying to prove its a waste of time, they will find out when no one answers them if it such a terrible thing to be doing. People use the same technique if it works for them.

I think we play the same way, as i'm in a tiny faction, and have friends that will drop anything to help. i guess i'm just more chill about people wasting their time and money that doesn't effect me at all then you are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    the original post in this message is condescending beyond belief, please step off your soap box. i get my FBs by truckloads, not by randomly helping lowbies, but actually by flaunting in lowlevel towns lol.. they go wow u must b strong, kan u halp me? course i can. successful quick solo FB = more FBs for me in the future as their friends tell them how painless the run went.

theres nothing sad about a group of high levels wanting FBs, they need rep, being an **** about it is quite frankly not needed, as wwe all eventually wanna hit 200k but can not becausse of missing stamps in FBs.

me thinks you need help, one cannot change society no matter how much they hate it. get a clue, as you would say, your arrogance proceeds yourself when you made the original post.
    edited June 2009
    I like my soap box. I will feel free to step on it at any time. As did MLK and many others. Change comes with people speaking out and wanting it. I could care less what you think of me. You don't know me. Demeaning me publicly doesn't make you any better than me. I'm not going to start a debate with you about my integrity, I don't feel the need. Those who know me.. KNOW ME.

You and forp must be related. Altho I can't say your views are all wrong, I happen to respect your siggy today. Altho you are only a queen in your own mind :) He was a king to all who loved him :)

BTW: Look at what majority of ppl chose .. ? and going to cities and getting fbs from ppl who admire your status and lvl is different than sitting outside of an instance begging every poor low lvl walking by.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nihillae - Heavens Tear
    Nihillae - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    snip 8< snip 8<

BTW: Look at what majority of ppl chose .. ?
    8< snip 8<

With 84 votes for your available poll choices,
    out of 774 views for your thread,
    I think the leader is "e. none of the above" by a landslide
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]