Late Game + Sage/Demon

Comments

• Lennson - Heavens Tear
    Lennson - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Why is it that you would only buff yourself when the buff wares off?

If you check the math Demo Spirits Gift gave a bigger power boost than spark did.

Regarding the spark itself I put it in there for effect since Demon Spirits Gift has the ability to stack with it. I am well aware that the two spark versions are very balanced in their benefits.

As for skill balance though please show me a sage skill that matches Demon's Spirits Gift.
    (and please don't say sage magic shell... the channeling bonus doesn't come close)
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    demon spirit's gift doesn't stack with a spark. they both give the "intuition" icon.
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    well i went demon you wanna know why?

go and look at

demon plume shot (yes sage plume shot is better at 1 shotting ppl) FASTER
    demon cyclone : good against barbs and BM MORE DMG
    wield thunder DEBUFF AGAINST METAL
    omfg look at stream of rejunevation b:dirty +100% PHYS DEF
    wellspring surge + CHI
    these are the main things
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ButtHurt - Lost City
    ButtHurt - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Wow forp is right, you are stupid. You bought Cyclone and gave it away? WTF are you doing man... if u wanna sound smarter than Forp, at least try and make since. Just go away you butthurt panda

didnt you read
    i bought it for only 5k gg
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    well i went demon you wanna know why?

go and look at

demon plume shot (yes sage plume shot is better at 1 shotting ppl) FASTER
    demon cyclone : good against barbs and BM MORE DMG
    wield thunder DEBUFF AGAINST METAL
    omfg look at stream of rejunevation b:dirty +100% PHYS DEF
    wellspring surge + CHI
    these are the main things

hehe you forget about spirit gift and metal mastery :P
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    Aeneas - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    There's a lot of discussion about skills people aren't likely to ever see.

Practically speaking, you can count on these Heaven/Hell skills and should plan for them

From FB89
    Plumeshot
    Blessing of the Purehearted
    Whirlwind

From cube
    Wield Thunder
    Tempest
    Chromatic Seal
    something else, I forget.

The cube skills are 99 skills, except Chromatic Seal (which is 92) so unless you plan to get to 99 they're also irrelevant. Blessing of the Purehearted.....you'd have to pay me to learn that.

Basically for over 90% of the people, Heaven vs Hell comes down to Plumeshot/Whirlwind and the spark eruption. That's the honest truth.

For clerics, it's pretty even. Hell Whirlwind does extra damage, Heaven Plumeshot does extra damage. The Heaven Whirlwind bonus is often irrelevant, the Hell Plumeshot bonus is nice, but marginal. Both Heaven and Hell Clerics will learn both skills for the lvl11 bonus anyways.

I went Heaven because
    1) Easier time getting Heaven skill books since so many go Hell. I was the 2nd Heaven cleric on the server, the first that actually really plays (Muse doesn't play so much anymore). Not coincidentally I have both Heaven skills, pretty sure i'm the first to get both lvl11 Plumeshot and Cyclone (Ultimate has Hell Cyclone, not sure anyone else has anything else yet).

2) Heaven Spark Eruption is more useful in TW (Heaven Spark to clear the inevitable nix bleed and then damage reduction for 15 seconds while my Plume Shell recharges). Also I like the free chi.

If I were going to 99 I'd be more inclined towards Hell. Hell Cyclone and Hell Wield Thunder is a great combo. But I don't plan on getting there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I was planning on going sage but there is one skill that demon has that seems ridiculously powerful:

(from ecatomb)

Demon Spirit's Gift
    Demon version grants an additional 150% to magic attack for the first 10 seconds.

Note that it says magic attack where as the original skill only increases weapon magic attack

So I would like to know if this means that when you're level 100 with your ~10k base line magic attack when buffed if you could,
    -Demon Spirit's Gift -> +150% magic attack
    -Demon spark -> +700% extra magical attack from weapons
    -(lets say) Demon cyclon (since it's fast)

So...
    magic attack of 10k goes to ~23k because of spark (since it computes using wep dmg)
    ~23k x2.5 = 57.5k because of Spirit's Gift(?)
    Cyclone: Raw Damage ~60k(?)

Now obviously the damage is reduced a lot due to resists and if you're hitting a person the pvp reduction but note that the Spirits Gift makes this shot more powerful than a critical shot without it, and if this crits...

For those people that are not planning on killing... the multiplier would increase your heals in the same maner as its increase is to magic attack.

Note this out shines any increases to healing that Sage has to offer.

So please tell me how I'm wrong, I want to go sage, but I wont if I am right...
    1) Note, that will all this said, the normal and current spirit gift will have additional magic attack bonus for the first 10 seconds.
    Now, question is, have you actually used this 10sec in the past? Near or enough for it to become a habit to cast this spell just for this 10 sec bonus before you attack.

If you have not, then chances are that you demon skill 10sec are going to be forgotten, and this spell cast as JUST a 30min buff.

2)Alot of demon skills seem to be adjustable by gear if you decide to go sage. Channeling speed? Its good for peeps who dont have a set of channeling gear.

3)Could care less about chi saving and MP. You are overabundant in chi most of the time after 90s. MP shouldnt even be an issue.

4)Cooldown time on Plumeshot, razor feathers, etc. Unless your working with a lag monster of a PC, these are fast cooldowns to start off with anyway =/

5)Metal Debuffs..
    Example wield thunder. Demon-reduces enemy's Metal resistance 30% for 10 seconds!
    Sage version always increases Metal magic damage by 25% (sage is 24/7 permanent baby)
    Now aside from plumeshot, cleric is magic attacks. Unless your gonna use wield thunder to assist for OTHER melee to try attack during that small 10sec time frame, where is the other worth?

Most targets especially in PvP are not going to stand around like a tree for you to hit. With each attack you dish out, they either RUN, or STUN most of the time and clerics also get ganged up on. 90% of the time you can kiss goodbye to the 10sec bonuses.

Most of the things considered 'uber' TO consider, you will probably forget to use after you get the skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It's been possible to get the 92 skills since the game started. It has drops for skill books in Delta that allow for a randomly chosen one based off of class and celestial choice. So you will get a demon cleric skill, just not sure which. But doing it instead of cube will get you a good amount of them, just takes time.
  • Shano - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    1) Note, that will all this said, the normal and current spirit gift will have additional magic attack bonus for the first 10 seconds.
    Now, question is, have you actually used this 10sec in the past? Near or enough for it to become a habit to cast this spell just for this 10 sec bonus before you attack.

If you have not, then chances are that you demon skill 10sec are going to be forgotten, and this spell cast as JUST a 30min buff.

2)Alot of demon skills seem to be adjustable by gear if you decide to go sage. Channeling speed? Its good for peeps who dont have a set of channeling gear.

3)Could care less about chi saving and MP. You are overabundant in chi most of the time after 90s. MP shouldnt even be an issue.

4)Cooldown time on Plumeshot, razor feathers, etc. Unless your working with a lag monster of a PC, these are fast cooldowns to start off with anyway =/

5)Metal Debuffs..
    Example wield thunder. Demon-reduces enemy's Metal resistance 30% for 10 seconds!
    Sage version always increases Metal magic damage by 25% (sage is 24/7 permanent baby)
    Now aside from plumeshot, cleric is magic attacks. Unless your gonna use wield thunder to assist for OTHER melee to try attack during that small 10sec time frame, where is the other worth?

Most targets especially in PvP are not going to stand around like a tree for you to hit. With each attack you dish out, they either RUN, or STUN most of the time and clerics also get ganged up on. 90% of the time you can kiss goodbye to the 10sec bonuses.

Most of the things considered 'uber' TO consider, you will probably forget to use after you get the skill.

well then guess all these discussion is just about opinion ^^
    whether you go sage or demon is up to you
    both have their own benefit
    but for sure that sage is give more support and demon is more for attack
    edited June 2009
    well then guess all these discussion is just about opinion ^^
    whether you go sage or demon is up to you
    both have their own benefit
    but for sure that sage is give more support and demon is more for attack
    I guess demon is good only if you actually have time to utilize those few seconds they give you.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    why is it that these newbs generalize demon as attack and sage as support(or defense, for other classes)? i think in only 3 classes this aplies: warrior, mage, and archer.

i've also changed my mind about the skills:

demon spark = sage spark. they're equal in usefulness. if you argue that 1 is superior for this class, uninstall pw.

-
    sage passive > demon passive. simple as that. if you don't know why yet, go die.

-
    sage plume shot deals more damage. plumeshot, itself, is a very weak and mediocre skill. even vs squishy opponents it's fairly useless. saying that making it cast faster is better than doing more damage in 1 hit is ridiculous. there's no physical passive for clerics, demon plume shot is still weak.

-
    demon cyclone is by far much superior to that of sage. however, when a sage aquires their passive, the additional damage is on par to that of demon(pve 1276 vs 845; pvp 255 vs 169).

-
    demon wield thunder is obviously better. this skill seems to be why everybody even goes demon. i honestly don't care either way. after you use it, you have a chance to get off a cyclone and, maybe, a thunderball. that being said, the debuff is essitentially useless. the effect is after wield thunder hits, so it doesn't feel the effect.

however, level 11 wield thunder gives 25~ chi naturally(i don't know the real number), but sage has a 50% chance to add 30 more. 55~ chi in 1 hit.

both do the same damage, demon lets your next cyclone do a bit more damage. whatever.

-
    sage plume shell > demon. shut up, i'm right, you're wrong. don't argue it.

-
    sage razor feathers is better than demon for 2 reasons:

1. while you're using this skill to aoe grind, you'll have healed twice and purified in the time it takes sage to cooldown.

2. in pvp, you have 2 chances to use it. a finisher on a squishy class after their hp is low, or just throwing it randomly into a pile up. either way, a lower cooldown isn't going to effect this.

-
    sage thunderball > demon. again, if you have to ask why, shut up. it's pretty damn obvious.

-
    sage elemental/physical debuff/sleep/paralyze is better than demon. you shouldn't even have to know why, but for the slow folk:

IF YOU USE THEM WHEN YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO BE HIT YOU WILL PURIFY YOURSELF. THE SHORTER DURATION/NO EFFECT ON YOURSELF DOESN'T MEAN ****.

-
    demon tempest > sage. a chance to freeze is always superior. even if saving 1 spark is a high chance, stopping them is more important.

-
    sage blessing of the purehearted > demon. you'll most likely never use it, but still, sage > demon.

-
    demon ironheart blessing WOULD BE superior if the mp regen effect stacked. however, it doesn't. too bad. sage > demon.

-
    sage wellspring surge > demon. getting 2 more chi than you use to as demon IS NOT SUPERIOR TO CASTING THIS INSTANT HEAL EVEN FASTER. ****ing ****.

-
    revive doesn't ****ing matter. both revive 100%, who cares how you do it.

-
    demon purify > sage. duh.

-
    demon chromatic heal > sage.

-
    demon stream of rejuvenation > sage.

-
    single buffs: who the **** cares.
  • Shano - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    I guess demon is good only if you actually have time to utilize those few seconds they give you.

you can use combo such as
    sleep-->debuff-->hell spirit gift-->spark--->thunder--->cyclone ..
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009

How? The buffs do not stack and in that case would make no sense nor any difference. Unless you use this combo unbuffed and then are buffing yourself in the middle of battle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited June 2009
    By the time you cast your thunder halfway your 10sec is up already.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    do you people read? demon spirit gift's effect doesn't stack with sparks.
  • ButtHurt - Lost City
    ButtHurt - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    By the time you cast your thunder halfway your 10sec is up already.

not if you using hell spark
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    do you people read? demon spirit gift's effect doesn't stack with sparks.

Has this actually been tested though? SG itself normally has the name intuition but still stacks with spark. Unless it's been tested by someone who has used the skill, no real way to know. If someone has, would definitely change things a bit for people.
  • Zuyue - Sanctuary
    Zuyue - Sanctuary Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    why is it that these newbs generalize demon as attack and sage as support(or defense, for other classes)? i think in only 3 classes this aplies: warrior, mage, and archer.

i've also changed my mind about the skills:

demon spark = sage spark. they're equal in usefulness. if you argue that 1 is superior for this class, uninstall pw.

Eww demon spark faster channel on plum shoot makes u shoot so fast the game glitches shoots and dosent show some as u channel so fast that combination will eat a robe faster then nix bleed.Sage spark 25% less dmg eww i better uninstall PW cause 1 is pretty superior to the other in attack as u like to figure both paths are pretty equal.Oh and the fact u get more attacks off in the 12 seconds after u channel your spark then u would with sage spark also = more dmg :) 25% dmg reduction can go in the TRASH!
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Has this actually been tested though? SG itself normally has the name intuition but still stacks with spark. Unless it's been tested by someone who has used the skill, no real way to know. If someone has, would definitely change things a bit for people.

honestly, i can't say for sure. i don't have it nor will i ever, but i know people with it. it gives the "intuition" icon, which is the same given by a spark. same icon buffs don't stack.
    Eww demon spark faster channel on plum shoot makes u shoot so fast the game glitches shoots and dosent show some as u channel so fast that combination will eat a robe faster then nix bleed.Sage spark 25% less dmg eww i better uninstall PW cause 1 is pretty superior to the other in attack as u like to figure both paths are pretty equal.Oh and the fact u get more attacks off in the 12 seconds after u channel your spark then u would with sage spark also = more dmg :) 25% dmg reduction can go in the TRASH!

jesus christ, how did you make it past level 3?
  • RamArch - Lost City
    RamArch - Lost City Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Waw, its so hard now lol but it seems every 1 says SAGE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    not if you using hell spark
    If you have to use like 5 skills and 3 whole sparks to utilize this 10sec of demon spirit, its not efficient enough to be considered one of the PROs in choosing demon.
    Go to school, learn some grammar before you indulge yourself in the game world. Make use of commas, periods, and other grammatical tweeks. I shouldnt have to reread your post 4 times, furrow my brows, and reread it a 5th time to try understand what the hell you are saying.. Im surprised Forp even understood.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    i'm pro at engrish b:victory
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    etc

Why is the level 83 writing so much on Sage/Demon skills?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    edited June 2009

Or in a support role such as throwing it on a Mage right after they Undine strike an opponent. Hell Spirits Gift would have it's uses, yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Sage spark 25% less dmg eww

It's nothing to laugh at. You use nix's as an example so i'll offer one too.

Let the nix come in, put a bleed on you, Heaven Spark to clear the bleed, tank the nix with 25% damage reduction while you 1 - 3 shot the veno (with Heaven Plume Shot btw).

Specifically though I find the damage reduction most useful in TW healing catas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Why is the level 83 writing so much on Sage/Demon skills?

because unlike some people, i spent time looking into my classes future. i didn't plan on getting there completely clueless. b:bye
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Demon is good if you plan to get to 99 and all the books for the good skills. Sage is just better if 89 is the highest you'll get and you only plan to get the easy-to-get books.
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    Sorbik - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Important skills:
    The easily attainable books:
    Heaven plume shot == Hell plume shot
    Heaven Cyclone < Hell Cyclone
    Heaven Chi > Hell Chi
    Heaven Spark == Hell Spark
    Heaven Wield Thunder < Hell Wield thunder (Although i personally prefer heaven)
    Heaven Tempest < Hell Tempest
    Heaven Stream of Rejuv < Hell Stream of Rejuv

Hard books to get:
    Heaven Purify > Hell Purify (Chi cost is negated by chi skill)
    Heaven wellspring > Hell wellspring
    Heaven Ironheart > Hell Ironheart
    Heaven Pdef buff > Hell Pdef buff
    Heaven Mdef buff > Hell Mdef buff

The rest of the skills either are useless, or don't matter between hell and heaven, they are equally as good.

Considering the easy to attain books only, hell seems better. But for me, the chi skill alone had me sold. People say EPs aren't dependant on chi, and that we can build some easily, but in the middle of battles, when you are plume shelling every 30 seconds, sealing, and sleeping, purifying and using guardian light, you burn through quite a bit.

Also, the attack skills generally favour towards hell while the support skills toward heaven.

Demons spirits gift is terrible. It does not stack with spark. It is like giving yourself a single spark. If you want spike DD you will triple spark or tempest.
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    triple spark or tempest?

How about spirits gift a tempest?

The good part about Demon Spirits Gift is in its versatility.
  • Talshina - Dreamweaver
    Talshina - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The "150% to magic attack" given by the Demon version of Spirit's Gift seems strong, but it's only for the first ten seconds of a buff that lasts thirty minutes.
    I'll admit I'm still low level and inexperienced, but why would I want to get my buff timers out of synchronization just for a ten second boost?