Late Game + Sage/Demon

RamArch - Lost City
RamArch - Lost City Posts: 218 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Cleric
I Am a lvl 65 cleric RamCleric ( Harshlands) My build was vit, but i stopped when my vit was 43 and i push a lot of mag now. Some 1 told me vit build is the best for late game or that you would want vit in the late. Am i in the late game, and is this true.
Secondly, can some 1 give me a quick run down on a Demon Path Cleric and a Sage Part Cleric.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by RamArch - Lost City on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Vit is good and can help a lot, especially in PvP. I have a base vit of 50 (which I had not started adding till about 7x). If you want more survivability, you can always shard your gear with HP shards and wear pdef ornaments to give you the added pdef.

Sage/Demon is all in the skills and your style of play.

You can compare the skills and there attributes Here

To put it very simply:

Demon = attack/battle

Sage = survival/healing

Sage/Demon Cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    if you want to be useful, and want to participate in the major parts of this game(you know, the parts that make it fun), you'll be a vit build. 65 isn't even mid game.

sage and demon are fairly balanced for our class, but i chose sage.
    Demon = attack/battle

Sage = survival/healing

the only thing that gives demon more ability to attack is cyclone and demon spark. other than that, sages offense > demon.
  • RamArch - Lost City
    RamArch - Lost City Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Thanks !!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver
    GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Thanks !!!!!

From simply the looks of ecatomb, i say that sage is better for Clerics
  • ButtHurt - Lost City
    ButtHurt - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    if you want to be useful, and want to participate in the major parts of this game(you know, the parts that make it fun), you'll be a vit build. 65 isn't even mid game.

the only thing that gives demon more ability to attack is cyclone and demon spark. other than that, sages offense > demon.

are you dumb or acting dumb <_<
    hell plume shot enable to shoot faster, so it's like 3 hell plume = 2 sage plume zzz which one more dmg
    and one more thing, hell thunder decrease metal debuff while sage give more chi <_<b:bye which one better
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    are you dumb or acting dumb <_<
    hell plume shot enable to shoot faster, so it's like 3 hell plume = 2 sage plume zzz which one more dmg
    and one more thing, hell thunder decrease metal debuff while sage give more chi <_<b:bye which one better

are you clueless or are you clueless?

sage plume shot > everything about dark plume shot. more damage > slightly quicker chant. it's not 3 hell = 2 holy, it's more like 3 hell = 2.5 holy. not a significant difference, knowing you wont be spamming plume shot that much.

wield thunders debuff has been replaced by genies b:bye
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    From reading the skills on ecatomb...it seems pretty clear that demon is far superior to sage. There is a reason more than 75% of the clerics go demon. And no demon is not attack/battle oriented.

There are like 2 or 3 total skills that sage is better than demon...and they are just very slightly better.

More damage is not better than quicker chant since the more damage also gets affected by resistance, it will wind up being like 200 more damage....oh no.

I would list everything that's better with demon, but ecatomb is somehow blocked while I'm at work, so I can't.

The main highlights though....plume shell for less chi, purify for no chi, ironheart regening mana, chromatic and silent seal not giving you the harmful debuff, lower cooldown on razorfeathers.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    (Those with both colored = either way..and keep in mind some skills harder to obtain then other)

I still luv Sage!! b:cute

Trying to add the info.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    The main highlights though....plume shell for less chi, purify for no chi, ironheart regening mana, chromatic and silent seal not giving you the harmful debuff, lower cooldown on razorfeathers.

out of all the skills you listed, only purify and the seals are better.

plume shell absorbs more damage when holy. using slightly less vigor? who cares.

ironhearts mana regen isn't stackable like the heal effect. and it's only 300 mana. +10% hp is superior.

feathers having a lower cooldown is so irrelevant that it's crazy you think it's an advantage. it has 2 uses, and in both cases you don't need it to have a lower cooldown.

dark has river of rejuvenation, wield thunder, cyclone, siren's kiss, the single buffs and 2 seals.

that's 10 skills.

holy has 12.

which why i said it's balanced.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    (ok hate me....qq)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I say go demon. After all, FACs are the best, right? b:cute
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    meaangirl wrote: »
    I say go demon. After all, FACs are the best, right? b:cute
    I am pure MAG >>; and Forp will pound me for it.

But I went Sage. Demon seems good if lack in attck and have LA or VIT based stats, god i dont even rememer execpt it just gave me a 'cost efficient' image, which frankly I could care less. Quicker chant? 30% channeling gear makes up for that and I also have the attck to back it up. Sage seems to be more balanced and gives an even amount of good with no downslide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • meaangirl
    edited June 2009
    I am pure MAG >>; and Forp will pound me for it.

But I went Sage. Demon seems good if lack in attck and have LA or VIT based stats, god i dont even rememer execpt it just gave me a 'cost efficient' image, which frankly I could care less. Quicker chant? 30% channeling gear makes up for that and I also have the attck to back it up. Sage seems to be more balanced and gives an even amount of good with no downslide.

It's okay we still love you b:cute
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It's okay we still love you b:cute
    .......>>;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • ButtHurt - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    b:shutup forp you noob
    genie + debuff > just genie alone <_<
    also dont forget hell spirit gift give you 150% more matk
    and tell me one thing
    if sage is better then why the hell sage skills are so cheap for clerics and hell skills are all expensive, even purehearted blessing cost around 100-200k while sage purehearted blessing i can get them for free or just pay like 10k GG
    like cyclone cost like 50k? i even bought it for 5k once and gave it away
    let me conclude this
    Sage = better defensive(buffs)
    Hell = Better attack (remember all hell attack skills give you either channel/cooldown, more dmg, and debuff, unlike sage cyclone.. do nothing good, sage thunder only give chi, only thunderball give you some debuff, and plume shot more dmg)
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    god you're stupid =/
  • ButtHurt - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    god you're stupid =/

b:cute no it's just you're speechless now b:victory
  • meaangirl
    edited June 2009

Wow Forp you are so pro you can go sage at 83.
  • ButtHurt - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Wow Forp you are so pro you can go sage at 83.

b:cute he's pro dont you see he been trolling this whole cleric forum?b:surrender
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    actually, i chose sage at 79. notice that i said chose. originally, i planned to go demon, but after time and reworking the skills that are displayed to me, it's become obvious which path i wished to take.
  • ButtHurt - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    actually, i chose sage at 79. notice that i said chose. originally, i planned to go demon, but after time and reworking the skills that are displayed to me, it's become obvious which path i wished to take.

b:bye good luck with your sage-one-shot-to-be b:cute
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Is that supposed to imply demon with the exact same stats and equip wouldn't be one shot?
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Is that supposed to imply demon with the exact same stats and equip wouldn't be one shot?

well demon/sage with same equips are both the same
    unless sage ep have sage buff or hell ep with stream
    b:cute personally i like hell cuz of the thunder weild, cyclone, ironheart bless, stream, spirit gift, and also metal mastery
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009

never knew going sage was suppose to make me weaker. please, tell me more.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i changed my mind im going sageb:byeb:surrender
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    b:shutup forp you noob
    genie + debuff > just genie alone <_<
    also dont forget hell spirit gift give you 150% more matk
    and tell me one thing
    if sage is better then why the hell sage skills are so cheap for clerics and hell skills are all expensive, even purehearted blessing cost around 100-200k while sage purehearted blessing i can get them for free or just pay like 10k GG
    like cyclone cost like 50k? i even bought it for 5k once and gave it away
    let me conclude this
    Sage = better defensive(buffs)
    Hell = Better attack (remember all hell attack skills give you either channel/cooldown, more dmg, and debuff, unlike sage cyclone.. do nothing good, sage thunder only give chi, only thunderball give you some debuff, and plume shot more dmg)

Wow forp is right, you are stupid. You bought Cyclone and gave it away? WTF are you doing man... if u wanna sound smarter than Forp, at least try and make since. Just go away you butthurt panda
  • Lennson - Heavens Tear
    Lennson - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I was planning on going sage but there is one skill that demon has that seems ridiculously powerful:

(from ecatomb)

Demon Spirit's Gift
    Demon version grants an additional 150% to magic attack for the first 10 seconds.

Note that it says magic attack where as the original skill only increases weapon magic attack

So I would like to know if this means that when you're level 100 with your ~10k base line magic attack when buffed if you could,
    -Demon Spirit's Gift -> +150% magic attack
    -Demon spark -> +700% extra magical attack from weapons
    -(lets say) Demon cyclon (since it's fast)

So...
    magic attack of 10k goes to ~23k because of spark (since it computes using wep dmg)
    ~23k x2.5 = 57.5k because of Spirit's Gift(?)
    Cyclone: Raw Damage ~60k(?)

Now obviously the damage is reduced a lot due to resists and if you're hitting a person the pvp reduction but note that the Spirits Gift makes this shot more powerful than a critical shot without it, and if this crits...

For those people that are not planning on killing... the multiplier would increase your heals in the same maner as its increase is to magic attack.

Note this out shines any increases to healing that Sage has to offer.

So please tell me how I'm wrong, I want to go sage, but I wont if I am right...
    edited June 2009
    I was planning on going sage but there is one skill that demon has that seems ridiculously powerful:

(from ecatomb)

Demon Spirit's Gift
    Demon version grants an additional 150% to magic attack for the first 10 seconds.

Note that it says magic attack where as the original skill only increases weapon magic attack

So I would like to know if this means that when you're level 100 with your ~10k base line magic attack when buffed if you could,
    -Demon Spirit's Gift -> +150% magic attack
    -Demon spark -> +700% extra magical attack from weapons
    -(lets say) Demon cyclon (since it's fast)

So...
    magic attack of 10k goes to ~23k because of spark (since it computes using wep dmg)
    ~23k x2.5 = 57.5k because of Spirit's Gift(?)
    Cyclone: Raw Damage ~60k(?)

Now obviously the damage is reduced a lot due to resists and if you're hitting a person the pvp reduction but note that the Spirits Gift makes this shot more powerful than a critical shot without it, and if this crits...

For those people that are not planning on killing... the multiplier would increase your heals in the same maner as its increase is to magic attack.

Note this out shines any increases to healing that Sage has to offer.

So please tell me how I'm wrong, I want to go sage, but I wont if I am right...

Im gonna have to agree with him in this one ^^ someone with good math come here and tell us if hes right, cause that would make demon vs sage comparison 10to1 imo
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If you all check your facts you would see that each choice provides you with equal benefits depending on game style.

Non is better then the other, just one IS BETTER SUITED for someone then the other.

My personal choice is demon, debuffs for Pk are great and WT, TP, GC are a nice adds also.
    b:dirty
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Ok.....Lennson:

* Demon Spirits Gift --> grants an additional 150% to magic attack for the first 10 seconds. (From the time the buff is on, how many times do you buff yourself while in battle - ONLY if your buff wheres off)

Did you even read the descriptions of Sage?

The Sparks: Virtually the same except for Reduce damage taken -or- increase in attack rate

Celestial Eruption Level 3
    Requisite Cultivation Aware of the Myriad
    Discharge three Spark to recover 20% of your maximum MP,
    acquire 700% extra magical attack from weapons for
    15 seconds
    , and reduce all damage taken by 25%. Grants
    invincibility for 3 seconds after the discharge.

Demonic Eruption Level 3
    Requisite Cultivation Aware of the Void
    Discharge three Spark to recover 20% of your maximum
    MP, acquire 700% extra magical attack from weapons
    for 15 seconds,
    and increase attack rate by 25%. Grants
    invincibility for 3 seconds after the discharge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]