PW Coloring Book!

Options

Comments

• Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I failed at traditional media long, long ago.

Paint Shop Pro and Wacom Tablet for the win <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    @ Gangreen, the skin colour just seems a bit off with the yellow/green/brown gradiant, just dosent make much sense ^^;
    Other than that though, nicely done.

*Currenty colouring Flauz's 'Batveno'- will take some time :C

New lineart: Zeal Genie. Not a chibi pro, but I can try.

Zeal.jpg

And again, colours are up to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Muah - Heavens Tear
    Muah - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    OHH!! I wish i could print these out and color them b:cry
    ~Mrs. Curry~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Since 7/4/09
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Copy, paste em in a document file and then print them out? Or, you know, save image and print them out that way. I'm a nub, I don't know what else there is to do anyways. b:surrender

@ Reikara

Oh, I love how you do eyes! Your drawing is awesome! ^^
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Are these line art drawn with pencils or a computer program?? coz some of the lines look way to sharp and distinct to be drawn by hand. Also, the colors are definetly done by hand right? If so, what programs do you guys use?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The one I posted (Duke Rose set) is colored on the computer. I use Paint Shop Pro X2, and a Wacom Graphire 3 Tablet.

The one before mine was computer colored as well, you can tell by the gradients and crispness of the colors themselves. Scans tend to fade things and add pixelation or textures, unless you have a really awesome scanner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vixe - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    My drawings are done by hand, because I'm absolutely incompetent using those....tablet thingies that some artists use. So yeah...my drawing's purely scanned, no photoshop done at all. b:pleased
  • Kyna - Lost City
    Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I've got a work in progress but um... I need some references of level 70 arcane armor before I can really finish xD

ReikaraWingElfWIP.jpg

Coloring Reikara's wing elf lines! xD figured I should mention that :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
    LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
    ... and a few losers....
  • silaba
    silaba Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Kyna, I am officially your fan! b:dirty
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    @ Rakthor: You'll find most are drawn by hand. Mine are done traditionally, pencil drawn first then I go over the lines carefully with a felt tip pen. Once I scan it, I alter the contrast slightly to get rid of any soft marks picked up during the scan, and to make the lines appear darker.

Inking can take up to 1-2 hours.

@ Kyna, wow...just freaking wow. Far better than what I did. I'll go find the link to my own coloured version if you want, for armour colour refference.
    Here's the link: http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z182/riann099/cleric3.jpg

Can't wait to see it done o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Oh wow, we used completely different colors for the hair and all xD And thanks for the reference o.o but I wanted to finish it so I kinda guessed at the colors based off a picture I found. ^^ I'm glad you like it though.

ReikaraWingElfcopy.jpg <
    Reikara's lines (just wanted to make that a little clearer xD)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Options
    O.O @ Kyna's Cleric.

I wish I could do skin shading like that. I'm still floundering around with it - I work much better with fully-furred subjects. Speaking of, I need to do some art of my Barb - as a girl. To clear up confusion about my gender in a signature banner for the alt XD I tend to be hit-and-miss with my lineart though :p Plus I'm using my free time to level the barb.

Time to draft the Memo pad by my phone into service for those long times on Hold at work! I do better lineart with pen than with tablet, oddly enough. It's from all the doodles on hold. A different kind of coordination is required for the tablet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You guys are amazing, I absolutely detest coloring >_>;;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Lucyl - Dreamweaver
    Lucyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'm not very good at coloring. More of an editor. But I attempted, so here it is. :3

coloring.png
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    OMG sparkly background *drools*
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    OMG OMG OMG!
    Why haven't I seen this thread before! b:dirty

*grabs Wacom and opens Photoshop*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • Skitles - Heavens Tear
    Skitles - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    As nice as these collaborations are coming along, i'd also like to see credit given where it's due. Remember that the finished pieces in this thread are the products of two or more contributing artists.

@ Kyna, whoa.

@Lucyl, Very nice colouring, lovely background.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Sig by ForsakenX~
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yes, that they very much are ^^ If Reikara's lines weren't so awesome I don't think that the color would have come out as it did on the cleric ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Lucyl - Dreamweaver
    Lucyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Awwe, thanks. :3

I'm not very good though. xD

Yeah, you're right.. I suck at drawing, so without drawers I'd just be a talentless person. so thanks, person who drew the picture. it's really pretty. (:

@Kyna: Whoa. kyna. you're the type of person I look up to. just like.. amazing. <3
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    b:cute wow, I'm flattered O.o really. But I look up to those that can do such awesome lines xD My lines are... well... kinda blah xD to work together with someone to make something look great is awesome ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Amazing Kyna, really @_@

My own laptop is kinda sick, had to take it in to the doctor so I can't finnish Flauz's 'batveno' yet D: (on a friend's pc)

But uh yeah, it'd be better I guess if the artists who colour could post the final peice like this:
    Lineart by: (Whoever drew it)
    Colour by: (Artisit posting)
    (Picture)
    So this way there's no confusion~and it's quite obvious who did what o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Amazing Kyna, really @_@

My own laptop is kinda sick, had to take it in to the doctor so I can't finnish Flauz's 'batveno' yet D: (on a friend's pc)

But uh yeah, it'd be better I guess if the artists who colour could post the final peice like this:
    Lineart by: (Whoever drew it)
    Colour by: (Artisit posting)
    (Picture)
    So this way there's no confusion~and it's quite obvious who did what o.o

can't wait to see it finished :3

and yeah, that would be a good idea..
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Ok adding my own sketches in XD
    This was actually used for the may calender contest but would be interesting to see others' take on it. (i hate coloring lol)

1S.jpg

2S.jpg

3S.jpg
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Ooh! I wanna color the veno ^^

Any color preferences?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    what do you use for your lines? I have a normal fineliner :/
    reikara and deceptistar, do use ink? >.>
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Ooh! I wanna color the veno ^^

Any color preferences?
    None at all =D totally up to you
    what do you use for your lines? I have a normal fineliner :/
    reikara and deceptistar, do use ink? >.>
    I use a mechanical pencil. Then scan it and darken the lines. The bold lines you see are just me thickening the lines with the pencil.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Oh wow Deceptistar, i'm so very jealous u_u
    Once I get my laptop back, i'll colour your cleric along with Flaus's batveno.

@Flaus, yeah I use a black felt-tip pen over my pencil lines. I alter the contrast a little once it's scanned to darken them more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I might post some line art, I'm not sure. o.o but if I do, I do the same type of thing that they do, upping the contrast and all to clean it up a bit though I more often than not ink mine because my pencil lines suck xD So sloppy!

I didn't know anyone could really hate coloring o.o I find it relaxing.... and fun xD I'm gonna have a comic out soon where I'm working with someone on it. I write, she draws, then I color ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Here's some WIPs of Reikara's Cleric lines (lol popular!)
    Personally I'm prefering the second one, as the hair pops to me more, and I have a soft spot for purple! Yey! Purple!

clericWIP1.jpg
    clericWIP2.jpg

Personally, I'm not sure I like my shading atm, bad habit of mine that its a bit too subtle lol!
    Chibi Genie up next as I <3 The Chibi!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Wow....

I couldn't line-art or colour to save my life, but...This thread is epic win b:victory

You guys are really talented b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]