Main Weapon Path Poll

Comments

• Saffon - Dreamweaver
    Saffon - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yes it is attainable, but you have to list information that's reasonable. Sure that weapon does exist, people can get it, but do you know anybody that has that weapon? The fact is that Axe BMs can relatively easily get access to a weapon with beserk (calamity axes), while I'm pretty sure that it's much harder for sword bms to get that weapon. Something can only be relevant if it's attainable within reason, so you using a weapon that 99.99% of people don't have is irrelevant.

I'm not gonna argue which weapon path is better since I've only had experience with axes but just fyi when axe users say that we can stun we mean that we can stunlock, obviously all other types of bms also have aeolian and roar but the fact is that you cannot keep someone stunned for 15 seconds with only your sword and common tree skills. Whether that makes for a better bm I'm not gonna make a judgment on.

Agreed to some extent. At least you try to reason, instead of dismissing all arguments with just 1 word: irrelevant.

But judging by the same argument, since level 105 is hard to obtain and that you have more level 100s than 105s around in game, does that make the opinion from a level 105 less relevant than those of the level 100s? b:surrender

Again, I don't want to say what's better and what's not. This poll is about which weapon is more common and what are people's choices.

Axes are great, too, in my opinion, they'd be my second choice of weapon followed by spear, and my least favorite is fist. Fist just take too much attention to use as you need to cast at the right time to cancel at the right moment. And my attention span is not exactly long so...b:chuckle
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Agreed to some extent. At least you try to reason, instead of dismissing all arguments with just 1 word: irrelevant.

But judging by the same argument, since level 105 is hard to obtain and that you have more level 100s than 105s around in game, does that make the opinion from a level 105 less relevant than those of the level 100s? b:surrender

Again, I don't want to say what's better and what's not. This poll is about which weapon is more common and what are people's choices.

Axes are great, too, in my opinion, they'd be my second choice of weapon followed by spear, and my least favorite is fist. Fist just take too much attention to use as you need to cast at the right time to cancel at the right moment. And my attention span is not exactly long so...b:chuckle

just to answer your question:
    i'm not saying that the opinion of a lvl 105 is less relevant than the lvl 100s or anything along those lines. What I'm saying that something so difficult to reach/hard to get that over 99% of players can't get it should either not be considered or have very little persuading power in an argument as most players will never experience it.
    For example, (i'm making this up) pretend that at level 100 fist users get a skill that makes them invincible for 30 seconds, 500% increase to dmg, and only cost 1 mana. Is the skill really good? Yes. Is it exclusive to fist users? Yes. But should it carry weight in an argument? No, because most players will never reach level 100, therefore the skill will not be a part of their playing experience rendering any "this skill makes fist bms the best type" arguments either ineffective or useless.
  • pervs
    pervs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    How else am I suppose to respond. You obviously have no self experience with a BM past level 30 which means you havent even PKd yet, which means you have no pvp experience with charms, which explains why you like swords so much. Why don't you try to get a white name 1st then worry about an end game swords effect over Berserk.
    "you want 1by1 go play tekken la"
  • Saffon - Dreamweaver
    Saffon - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    How else am I suppose to respond. You obviously have no self experience with a BM past level 30 which means you havent even PKd yet, which means you have no pvp experience with charms, which explains why you like swords so much. Why don't you try to get a white name 1st then worry about an end game swords effect over Berserk.

Had to double check before I reply...

The topic of this thread is "Main weapon path poll" and not "Best PK weapon of choice", so I don't see how my PK experience has any thing to do with my choice of weapon being baldes and how my opinion on blades become 'irrelevant'.

But you are absolutely correct.

My weapon of choice and my opinion on my choice of weapon is totally 'irrelevant' to you; so are your comments and ideas to me.
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    just to answer your question:
    i'm not saying that the opinion of a lvl 105 is less relevant than the lvl 100s or anything along those lines. What I'm saying that something so difficult to reach/hard to get that over 99% of players can't get it should either not be considered or have very little persuading power in an argument as most players will never experience it.
    For example, (i'm making this up) pretend that at level 100 fist users get a skill that makes them invincible for 30 seconds, 500% increase to dmg, and only cost 1 mana. Is the skill really good? Yes. Is it exclusive to fist users? Yes. But should it carry weight in an argument? No, because most players will never reach level 100, therefore the skill will not be a part of their playing experience rendering any "this skill makes fist bms the best type" arguments either ineffective or useless.

I agree with you totally, why people use such high level skills and weapons as proof that their point and weapon path's are correct and the best is beyond me...
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • Altayr - Dreamweaver
    Altayr - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'm kinda upset fist got the least vote. T.T
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Here is a mage's view on things

Im a mage, and the only type of BM that has ever killed me (without a lucky crit) is a sword BM ( although, with my genie, i just dont lose to any 4x of any type) A pole BM did their ult glacial thingy and hit like 800 on me (robe) and Im lvl 46 so..... then shortly after, a sword BM used his ult and hit about 1200 (both HH60).

Polearms are great if you...... nevermind. the only thing i can think of is they look cool when you swing them. I worry when im fighting a blade BM(Not so much a 2x blade, though) I dont think ive ever second guessed myself on a Polearm. Maybe once or twice on an axe BM, because if they crit(like 2% chance lol), you are either dead or close to it.

Your opinion of Polearm is rather off. You either faced some really poorly built Polearms (100 points in magic? O.o) or... just haven't faced enough of them. Have you ever gotten hit by a Farstrike? This was back when I was 65, my 67 mage friend in LA challenged me to a duel and I 1-shot him with Farstrike. Sure, it was a crit, but he was in LA. You being a 4X robe user, any decently built 60+ Polearm should be able to 1-shot you with spark + Farstrike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Karmasbich - Harshlands
    Karmasbich - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My main is pole but I just got axes (and skills, of course xD) last week. They're a godsend for aoe grinding but other than that I like pole a lot better (maybe it's just cause I'm more comfortable with it?). However, if you want to TW, it's much easier with axes. Good luck with your bm. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    wtb> multiple choices b:sad
  • Gangreen - Heavens Tear
    Gangreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Fists.
    Why, because..........

....I'm a ninja.b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I went with swords as I like swords in RL as well as another rpg I play.I went with duel swords as there is no shield in this game.I am using axes atm as I need to find some good swords.

Axe and Hammer should be separate not combined.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I went with swords as I like swords in RL as well as another rpg I play.I went with duel swords as there is no shield in this game.I am using axes atm as I need to find some good swords.

Axe and Hammer should be separate not combined.

Axes/hammers are the same weapon path.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AngelicOne - Heavens Tear
    AngelicOne - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Axes (although I'm using Azure Sky Hammers right now because they have nimble). Strongest attacks, best AOEs (in my opinion. Don't bug me with "but this one's so much better"), and I have dex/vit armor and orns, and 2 accuracy +10% rings, so the accuracy/evasion evens out with most sword users my level.
  • Moodyflame - Harshlands
    Moodyflame - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    b:angry Pole ftw b:angry
  • SerenityStar - Dreamweaver
    SerenityStar - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I am still new here so i don't have much exp with this stuff, but the path I mainly plan to pick is pole. I like the idea of being able to hit from far away and I've heard pole has bleed too, however I'm sorta multi-path cause the build I'm useing will let me use axes too, I think this will come in handy if ever want to do TW, but at the moment I do PvE, I haven't made up my mind yet if I'll do PvP yet.
    Those who think only sunshine is happiness have never danced in the rain. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Johnjammin - Lost City
    Johnjammin - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Wow ok gone through alot of reading past 5 pages and can see alot of comments about weapon paths...Fist kinda rare,never tried it but heard V good against Robe Users,Swords...decent damage...crit rate...good accracy,Polearm handy for the range....but i hav to say my favourite is the Axe/Hammer Weapons,AoE's and Stuns Love Messin with them xD,out of all paths Axe/Hammer has the highest peak Damage,Ppl complain about it because they say u keep missin and so on...Im lvl 27 and i killed a 35 Archer ina Duel repeatedly...Its not about wat weapon path you Take Tbh...its how u distributed ur points and wat other equipment u hav to help (+accracy/+10% Ac rings) .... I Build my Bm with minimum str required to wear weapons and devide the rest up between Vit and Dex...

So my main weapon is Axe but as im adding more dex then required im gonna use Pole as my 2nd weapon,just for the Range skills..
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    At least in Santuary, sword is not that popular as on this poll.

Sword and fists are very rare in Santuary.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    fist(main)/axe(secondary) combo.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Sword BM of Hardcore b:cool
  • Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear
    Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Fist r awesome>.>..though I do have something to say....fighting against a brambled barb is suicide>.< ......unless you know how to play well :)

Fist(main)/Pole(sub)
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    boo4u wrote: »
    to me axes dont feel slow..caue maybe i link my skills properly to where everything comes out fast and smooth.drawblood,drakesray,tigermaw all link skill together with great speed.

i like to attack with everything i have lol

tigermaw-drakesray-drawblood(linksto),Aeolian Blade then i hit Ocean's Edge(link) into Drake Sweep then i hit tigermaw(link) into fizzure then ocean edge(link) into highland cleave.I always havea linker for the huge time consuming aoes/aeolian balde cause everytime u do a link they come out fast as hell..yeah i may mix a tiger roar in there..r even a drake bash..to maybe do some stun locking but i tend to like to keep my sparks for diamond sutra..atleast hit it when energy is half full.Diamond sutra is a life saver and is very good to have for a bm..with out it i dont think my lvl 62(at the time)BM couldnt beat that lvl 99 mob up in avalanche...or beat the lvl 78? or soe seasprays..BM's are stonger than you know..just lots of people are to damn scared to see what they can really do..if you train on bigger/harder mobs u will learn your skills better imo such as mastering diamond sutra timing..shizz i havent used a gold hp charm in days lol..though i may get one at 70 when i start **** seaweed theifs..but ill test them out before i get anotehr charm.

tiger maw??? O_O
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    fists(primary) and 1.11 sword(secondary). i'll probably get polearm as secondary in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    LOL why are you using tiger maw? =O
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    he uses tiger maw to chain his skills together. i wouldn't know if it made a difference, i've never tried it. but axes are most efficent when skills are spammed.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    he uses tiger maw to chain his skills together.

You nailed. I have made pepeatable combos in which I add tiger maw to help on cool down.
  • CivicSouL - Heavens Tear
    CivicSouL - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    axes just cuz i don't like seeing my hp drop too much and priest having to heal me too much b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Joined PWI November 2008 :)
    Sin lvl 101 June 2011 (New Main after CC fix)
    Bm June 2009
    Cleric lvl 70 July 2009: DaExSaken

Retired from PWI August 2011
    edited July 2009
    Wow the results are really starting to come together. Please if you haven't voted do so at your convenience. b:thanks
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    pole bm all the way
    edited October 2009
    bump because someone made anther poll about the same thing.b:chuckle
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    At least in Santuary, sword is not that popular as on this poll.

Sword and fists are very rare in Santuary.

lol ya on sanc its about 95% axe 4% pole and 1% anything else

for my weapons of choice look at the siggieb:chuckle
    Gifs are hard to make work here