Main Weapon Path Poll

AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Blademaster
I've seen so many different opinions about weapon paths and such. And this poll is just to see how what Path all of you BM's took as your main weapon.
Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• JohntheFlash - Lost City
    JohntheFlash - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Pole, because the damage (1v1) and apparent higher amount of skilled required to use it is higher than axes (from what I've read)for AoE.
  • davijohans
    davijohans Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    swords. alrdy gone with the blade master, might as well make the bad choises all the way :)

on thr bright side- great crit , and pvp skills, can spare some points for hp so u become preety tough and the bottum line is its the players quality that counts so swords are as good as any other.

btw at lvl 75++ i lovem, looking badly for the hh80 double swords if someone got a pair to sell' please leave me a messge, (lost city).
    and if u on one of them sisy non pvp servers, go with axe. no other way.
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Swords, but considering a switch to Polearms.
  • _coragno_ - Sanctuary
    _coragno_ - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I had a poll and Thread on this earlier
    and what the main response was:
    Belive it or not, Pole.
    So, I am going to go with the pole path and see how it goes, if it goes well,
    I will deffinatly post that here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nah, I know what I am doing
    -Famous last words from a dead freind of mine
    b:victory
  • Ritsukas - Heavens Tear
    Ritsukas - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Pole for me,I tried axe and fist before and absolutely hated them. Loving Pole so far. Yet to try sword though.
  • Antonioo - Lost City
    Antonioo - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i am a spear BM but i have drake bash so i can chain stun.
  • Sumerisle - Dreamweaver
    Sumerisle - Dreamweaver Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Sword BM here with Axe as my secondary weapon for the aoe
    Believe, level 2 Dreamweaver faction recruiting all classes. PM me in-game or drop me a message for more info!
  • DishyWiggles - Harshlands
    DishyWiggles - Harshlands Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Here is a mage's view on things

Im a mage, and the only type of BM that has ever killed me (without a lucky crit) is a sword BM ( although, with my genie, i just dont lose to any 4x of any type) A pole BM did their ult glacial thingy and hit like 800 on me (robe) and Im lvl 46 so..... then shortly after, a sword BM used his ult and hit about 1200 (both HH60).

Sword is the best because:

1.) Axes hit to slow- like 2 hits per stun
    2.) Polearms are to weak for the hit rate-3 hits per stun
    3.) Sword (single sword or blade) u get 4-5 htis in per stun AND u have that high chance to crit (min str req, 30 vit cap, and the rest dex((best PvP Build)) so you WANT a faster weapon. more hits = more crits.

Sure, Axes are GREAT if u rely on luck to kill. (Zerk etc) but they have LOW LOW LOW LOW accuracy. Unless you have misty forest rings (8m a pop) you arent gonna hit anything unless u are a dex build axe BM. swords are just all around great 1v1. alot of ranged skills (For runners) high accuracy and dodge(for other melee classes and the dreaded DEX ARCHER.) and high chance to crit.

Polearms are great if you...... nevermind. the only thing i can think of is they look cool when you swing them. I worry when im fighting a blade BM(Not so much a 2x blade, though) I dont think ive ever second guessed myself on a Polearm. Maybe once or twice on an axe BM, because if they crit(like 2% chance lol), you are either dead or close to it.

If you like big numbers popping up on your screen, dont play a BM, play a wizard (thats what i did.) BM((IMO)) is all about doing damage and doing it fast, just small hits at a time.

Sword BMs(Combined with Genie's Thunderstorm) are almost unstoppable. They use physical marrow and you shock them with genie. Its great.

Edit: I've seen Archers sit there and LOL as axe BMs their level tried to hit them ( the gap gets bigger @ higher levels) and ive seen the same thing with polearm BMs. I have yet to see an archer LOL @ a blade BM hitting them, unless they are quite a bit higher level.

Alright, I've spent 20 mins or so on this, so I hope this is helpful to whomever it may apply to. Thanks :)
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    off subject post

Um..thank you I guess. So what is your weapon path as a BM dishy. That is what the Poll is about. Do you play a BM.

And by the way axe bm's can hit stuff just like sword bm's. Its all about stat distribution and gear not weapon usage.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Surprised Swords are leading the pool... o.0

Cool. ^^
  • ualoser
    ualoser Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    my bm uses dual axes
    edited June 2009
    Hmm...interesting. So far out of those who voted in this poll. Swords are winning. Anyone else not vote yet??
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eirel - Sanctuary
    Eirel - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Claws.

I do martial arts in real life, so it seemed more natural to go with a more hand to hand combat path. I prefer the claws in this game over the fists, cause they look cooler and the glowing balls around my hands hurt my eyes after a bit. Though I may buy a pair of torrential fists at some point...since they do look kick-****.
    Proud member of the "Fist/Claw Cult" :p
  • Saffon - Dreamweaver
    Saffon - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'd vote for single-handed blade if they were sub-catagorized... b:dirty
  • pervs
    pervs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Axes are really the best period. Lets face it BMs arent DDs. The only way we can kill before their charm ticks is a lucky crit. With Axes its just easier. Zerk, Dragons, Stuns. TBH unless you have a Triple spark all other weapons are useless.
    "you want 1by1 go play tekken la"
    edited June 2009
    pervs wrote: »
    Axes are really the best period. Lets face it BMs arent DDs. The only way we can kill before their charm ticks is a lucky crit. With Axes its just easier. Zerk, Dragons, Stuns. TBH unless you have a Triple spark all other weapons are useless.

Thank you for your off topic opinion. But unfortunately this thread isn't about whats peoples opinions are about what the best weapon is. Its about what weapon path you chose as your main.

From your post I take it you're a axe path BM?
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pervs
    edited June 2009
    Thank you for your off topic opinion. But unfortunately this thread isn't about whats peoples opinions are about what the best weapon is. Its about what weapon path you chose as your main.

From your post I take it you're a axe path BM?
    Im sowwyb:cute
    Yup I main axes. For the reasons i stated in my above post.
  • Saffon - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Axes are really the best period.
    For you? Good for you then. If you are saying it for the rest of the world, sorry I cannot agree.
    The only way we can kill before their charm ticks is a lucky crit. With Axes its just easier. Zerk, Dragons, Stuns.
    Wouldn't it be easier for a 1-hand blade BM to do the same? Instead of Zerk, Dragons, Stuns... a 1-hand blade BM can do...
    Mirage Simitar
    Berserk: Has a chance to make the character go berserk, during which physical
    attack doubles and the attack rate increases, but also increases damage taken.

It's not a 1 hit like the Axe version, it last a while...
    Myriad Sword Dance
    Turn one's vigor into an immense sword to strike down the enemy. Within 12.0 meters of the target adds 200% weapon physical damage your base physical damage plus an additional 6096.8 damaging all enemies and reducing their physical and magical attack 50% for 15 seconds.

With Berzerk activated, you base physical damage doubles while using this skill... and the de-buff after...
    Stuns
    We have 2 out of 3 of Stun too?

On top of that, since Berzerk last for a while, you can finish off with normal hit (with 2x base attack and increased attack rate (faster swings) while Berzerk is still active) with 25%+ crit chance?

If you have Dragon Bane before all that, that'd be even better (2 hit per second with 50% chance they crit...) b:dirty

God, I love blade... b:chuckle
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    On top of that, since Berzerk last for a while, you can finish off with normal hit (with 2x base attack and increased attack rate (faster swings) while Berzerk is still active) with 25%+ crit chance

Have you ever used a weapon with that effect?

On topic: Too bad that the 70% of the BM's out there do not even post in this forums.
  • pervs
    edited June 2009
    For you? Good for you then. If you are saying it for the rest of the world, sorry I cannot agree.
    OK?
    Wouldn't it be easier for a 1-hand blade BM to do the same? Instead of Zerk, Dragons, Stuns... a 1-hand blade BM can do...
    So auto swinging with a "1 hand blade" is better than zerk dragons and stuns?

It's not a 1 hit like the Axe version, it last a while...
    Ok do you have it? Does anyone who plays PWI have a weapon with that effect? irrelevant

With Berzerk activated, you base physical damage doubles while using this skill... and the de-buff after...
    irrelevant
    We have 2 out of 3 of Stun too?
    Yeah.. except our third stun is our hardest hitting skill and a guaranteed stun if it hits. While your stuck with one that only has a 50% chance of stunning and one that dosent do any damage. GG
    On top of that, since Berzerk last for a while, you can finish off with normal hit (with 2x base attack and increased attack rate (faster swings) while Berzerk is still active) with 25%+ crit chance?

If you have Dragon Bane before all that, that'd be even better (2 hit per second with 50% chance they crit...) b:dirty
    Good luck with that lol
    edited June 2009
    I do hope to see some more votes from more BM's out there Lyn.

And Berserk activates randomly on each attack. It doesn't activate for a period of time like quicken...etc....
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saffon - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    And Berserk activates randomly on each strike. It doesn't activate for a period of time like quicken...etc....

Then pwdatabase must be wrong then? I copied and pasted the info... b:surrender
    Ok do you have it? Does anyone who plays PWI have a weapon with that effect? irrelevant

Enlighten me then. Is it impossible to get a Mirage Scimitar in PWI? According to pwdatabase, the additional effect is called Berserk, where the Axe version that only activate 1-time based on luck is called Berserker.

I don't care if you are having a bad day, don't take it out on me.
  • pervs
    edited June 2009
    Then pwdatabase must be wrong then? I copied and pasted the info... b:surrender

Enlighten me then. Is it impossible to get a Mirage Scimitar in PWI? According to pwdatabase, the additional effect is called Berserk, where the Axe version that only activate 1-time based on luck is called Berserker.

I don't care if you are having a bad day, don't take it out on me.

when did i say i had a bad day? and how am i taking it out on you?
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    axe hammer FTW!
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • unoxx
    unoxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    People, please just stay on-topic.... The forums are already full of discussions about what weapon is best, let people just decide for themselves ok?

For me its polearm FTW!
  • DishyWiggles - Harshlands
    DishyWiggles - Harshlands Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Sword/Axe is best.
    U have Heavens Flame(ampd damage) and Atmos strike(AMAZING DAMAGE)
    Spark, hit once, heavens flame, switch to swords, atmos strike and genie thunderstorm. The end. No questions asked.

Disclaimer: YOU WILL GET ACCUSED OF 2v1 ALL THE TIME. It happens to me on my mage. Stone Rain+ thunderstorm ppl say I am 2v1ing. its quite funny, though :) Thunderstorm can look like archer's lightning when someone isnt paying attention to graphics.
  • HatheR - Sanctuary
    HatheR - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Axes. They are great at TW, AoE and have awesome skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saffon - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    when did i say i had a bad day? and how am i taking it out on you?

Irrelevant

What is so irrelevant about it then? The weapon is attainable. The effect is listed on database as a add-on to the weapon. My post is only pointing the 'fact' out that there is a 1-hand blade that has a chance to cast Berserk that last for a period of time instead of the Axe's version of Berserker that is a 1-timer.

How is this informaiton 'irrelevant'?

Because I do not have that weapon?
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Irrelevant

What is so irrelevant about it then? The weapon is attainable. The effect is listed on database as a add-on to the weapon. My post is only pointing the 'fact' out that there is a 1-hand blade that has a chance to cast Berserk that last for a period of time instead of the Axe's version of Berserker that is a 1-timer.

How is this informaiton 'irrelevant'?

Because I do not have that weapon?

Yes it is attainable, but you have to list information that's reasonable. Sure that weapon does exist, people can get it, but do you know anybody that has that weapon? The fact is that Axe BMs can relatively easily get access to a weapon with beserk (calamity axes), while I'm pretty sure that it's much harder for sword bms to get that weapon. Something can only be relevant if it's attainable within reason, so you using a weapon that 99.99% of people don't have is irrelevant.

I'm not gonna argue which weapon path is better since I've only had experience with axes but just fyi when axe users say that we can stun we mean that we can stunlock, obviously all other types of bms also have aeolian and roar but the fact is that you cannot keep someone stunned for 15 seconds with only your sword and common tree skills. Whether that makes for a better bm I'm not gonna make a judgment on.
  • Jora - Harshlands
    Jora - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Axe FTW.

I played Axe Warrior as my alt on My-EN servers... and then I realize that there is PWI and I'm making Axe my main. I just love that AoE/Stun damage :3