How is this possible GM's?
I hate to admit it, but its the truth that BM's arent ment for PvP >.<
I'm seriously rerolling from my lvl 83 Blademaster to a Wizardb:sad
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chomon
    chomon Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    hmm no stunlock? and why reroll as a wiz? have you heard everyone QQing about how wizzies are so underpowered <____<
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I know I'm only in the 80's and I'm a pvp noob, but why in the world would an axe bm not use drake bash at all? b:scorn
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have only duel experience but how come this BM did not leap back or tiger leap not even once?
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    From the sounds of it, and the description on the vid post, it seems like the Blademaster there was all talk and little actual skills. From the description, if it's to be taken at face value, his PvP experience seems to be on a PvE server, where he goes PK mode when it suits him - aka when he has people on his side that outnumber the person/people he's targeting.

But when going 1v1 his skills are proven to be lacking.

I wouldn't take this as a definitive sign to reroll Wizard. I personally enjoy the class, it's a lot of fun. But it's one of the hardest classes to slog through in the earlier levels, and an easier kill for most classes for the first huge chunk of the game. With the level cap where it is right now on the PWI servers, it ends just when the wizard comes into their own. That Wiz was level 111, beyond what we can currently reach here. Wiz is supposed to do very well in the 1xx levels but we can barely touch those here. So I wouldn't abandon your BM just yet ^x^

Don't let one battle, one person be your representation for an entire class at any point in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Noob in a private server. Enough said.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Dueling really means nothing try a good balanced team.I get picked for dueling all the time but I refuse and say no.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Theotus - Heavens Tear
    Theotus - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Blademasters may be a tad touchy to work with, but if you really know how to work with your character, then they can be quite powerful. :-) the bm in the vid(imo) didn't seem to understand that there were more than 3 moves he could have made. also, he was going up against magic, which is obviously the bm's bane of existence. Don't be too hard the guy. :-) it's all in good fun. :-)
  • Vandalarius - Sanctuary
    Vandalarius - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    That video made my eyes bleed =( Indeed you shouldn't really judge the entire ability of the class by one video. First off, as Lyndura mentioned, that looks to be a private server to me. Notice they were fighting within 1k Streams...last time I checked that was a safe zone @-@ unless someone can confirm that the area they were fighting within is indeed non-safe (and it's obviously not a duel, charms were ticking and there was no 'aura' at the two characters feet). Second the BM didn't seem to be stun locking the wizard, which is usually a common thing with an axe/hammer/poleaxe/polehammer BM, I rarely saw him use Roar, he never used Drake Bash. The only stun move I saw him attempt a few times was Aeolian blade, which even at rank 10 is the most unreliable of the three stun moves (though still a viable option if needed). In regards to the Leaps, BM's being a melee class are required to be in close quarters at almost all times (unless you've got Farstrike in the Polearm tree, in which case a Farstrike/Drake's Ray combo will work well enough til you can close the distance between you and your opponent), so leap back against any sort of ranged class, a magic user such as Wizards most of all, doesn't seem very viable for use, but Tiger leap definatly should be used to help close distance when Will of Bodi/Cloud sprint is on c/d. I'm no expert on PvP as a BM by far, but certain common sense things should be apparent to almost any and all players of the class. What skills to use, when, knowledge of when to lay down the big damage to burst through your opponents charm c/d, how to swap between weapons/skills and just general timing and what apothecary remedies to use should be more than enough to allow you to put up at least a good fight. In specific regards to BM's vs Wiz's, well every class has an anti-class that has advantages over them, and Wizards are more or less our anti-class (with archers in a close second) due to their range, and most importantly, the elemental damage they fling about is deadly to us heavy wearers >< as long as you give it your best go, if you lose, remember you can always get back up and go at him again =P
  • eleasar
    eleasar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Do you know of any great BM vids out there that show some really good PK/PVP blademaster action (or are willing to create one yourselfe ;) )?
  • MoobyBlast - Lost City
    MoobyBlast - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Make a Polearm BM xD. I just hit 30 and looked for a PK found a Barb and I wouldn't say I won because we never finished the fight but I ticked his Heiro 5 times, I didn't even have one and didn't even reach half health. He was lvl 39 too. I would've eventually lost though because my mana was way low after like 3 mins of fighting. But anyway, it was my first decent pvp experience. I have a lvl 55 wiz but never had that kind of success ever. The wiz I have also doesn't have his ultimates so that could be a big factor in how well it can PK.
  • Averian - Lost City
    Averian - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well that was a private server I am thinking cause I seem to have seen on the video that they were fighting in thousand streams as someone else said and another thing. If I am not mistaken, the wiz was 111... BM 150... I thought the lvl limit in the official server was 105??? Or am I mistaken?
  • Bolinhas - Lost City
    Bolinhas - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Make a Polearm BM xD. I just hit 30 and looked for a PK found a Barb and I wouldn't say I won because we never finished the fight but I ticked his Heiro 5 times, I didn't even have one and didn't even reach half health.

What a sad strange little beast that was...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fluwerbas
    fluwerbas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    BM are not underpowered in anyway, they are one of the most useful classes in group PvP to their stuns, AoE and debuffs. At low lvls they also shine in damage dealing but at high lvls it won't be like that because when people start geming for physical defense and upgrading their gear u won't hit as high on them still you are pretty good, one of the best as i said.
  • SwiftZ - Lost City
    SwiftZ - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    did u ever think the video was made by the wizard and he lied about the lvl?

plus the wizard has a legendary weapon and the bm has a normal weapon

the bm really wasnt that skilled 2 he didnt stun at all
  • _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary
    _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    That was in a private server. I won't say which one cuz then people will be angry 0.0.... but that WR was an idiot. He used no stuns at all. My brother plays a WR, sword based. He is very good at pvp and pve. If you are on Sanctuary server, message me in-game, my brother and I will show you a killer melee battle.
    Disclaimer

I hereby absolve myself from all responsibilities from damage incurred, loss of life, and severe mental retardation from trying to read and/or understand my posts. Please do not come to me about these problems or I shall be forced to stab you with a dull wooden spoon. Enjoy your day. =D
  • _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary
    _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2009

The WR's weapon wasn't normal either. He had the Poleaxe of Monarch Mind, the Rank 8 WR axe.
    Disclaimer

I hereby absolve myself from all responsibilities from damage incurred, loss of life, and severe mental retardation from trying to read and/or understand my posts. Please do not come to me about these problems or I shall be forced to stab you with a dull wooden spoon. Enjoy your day. =D
  • Aragorn - Harshlands
    Aragorn - Harshlands Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    In group PVP blademasters are pretty essential. My best advice to give blademasters is to be aggressive. You would be surprised how many people let me get close and deal the first hit before they fight back.

My way of PVPing is to use drake bash on Veno, Mage, Cleric as an opener, and roar on Barb, BM, Archer with drake bash following once roar stun runs out and roar on the top three when bash runs out. You would be surprised how many 1 hit kills I got with drake bash (when calamity axe ticks)

Also, if a equal level or higher veno gets the jump on you with a phoenix then just run lol. Especially if the Veno is more than 10 feet away from you.
  • SwiftZ - Lost City
    SwiftZ - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The WR's weapon wasn't normal either. He had the Poleaxe of Monarch Mind, the Rank 8 WR axe.

ok ok well then i guess the bm just sucks

plz unknown bm uninstall and stop embarassing us b:sad
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    This video is not PWI so I wouldn't worry about it.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Zoronoa - Sanctuary
    Zoronoa - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    is it just me or is that wiz's say hp say 14605 b:shocked i'd be scared of any wiz that much of hp
  • fluwerbas
    fluwerbas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009

BM had rank 8 weapon, so i guess he had rank 8 gear too, all +12 .
    Mage didn't have rank 8, but did had +12 i can tell because of the damage.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited June 2009
    Seems more like the wiz just had better skills (game design wise). Notice he was able to seal the BM almost instantly whenever he tried to stun. From what I understand, the same move interrupts and cancels any attack. Also I would think it'd be pretty difficult to get chi if you can't land a hit on your opponent and spend most of your time running to your opponent. And when a target escapes quick enough, the BM will get stuck in a failed attack pose for a couple of seconds and end up wasting time/chi.

Even if he could stunlock, the wiz just had way too much def. All he could do is just make his charm tick over and over. Nevermind the debuff that makes him attack slower. Not using a berserk axe is a pretty dumb move though. Not using marrow is another too.
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The BM didnt use a number of useful skills that he possessed (well hopefully possessed). The mage relied heavily on his Heaven spark (something you shouldnt do vs BMs) the BM should have stunned him after the immortality part of the spark eruption rather than freely letting the mage hit him for 7k+ or equally kite the mage till the spark wears off (cloud sprint). Also marrow magical was never used (would have reduced the damage alot)
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    don't fret at the video, both persons involved fail at their class. all of his skills are holy, and i imagine the warriors skills were to their respective level as well. but to use this video as an example of warriors failing?

i know axe warriors aren't meant for pvp, but this guy should have killed that pitiful mage np.
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    Breadbun - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    At end game wrs are failure. No matter what anyone says, wrs really do suck. Especially with genies out now.
  • Antonioo - Lost City
    Antonioo - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    At end game wrs are failure. No matter what anyone says, wrs really do suck. Especially with genies out now.

so.... why?
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    BreadBun just sucks b:bye
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    most warriors, namely swords and axes, fail at upper levels. that is, unless you're fighting low levels with half your gears/experience, then u might be ok.
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    Breadbun - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    so.... why?

Because wrs suck at end game.
    BreadBun just sucks b:bye

lol@u
    most warriors, namely swords and axes, fail at upper levels. that is, unless you're fighting low levels with half your gears/experience, then u might be ok.

most wrs fail anyway. unless they (like you said) are fighting lower levels.

Wrs fail because they lack the damage and survivability. and suck end game. no matter what you say.

1 hit by mages
    **** by venos
    barbs...dont count
    wrs dont count
    archers...****
    clerics...half and half.

Yeh we can tank a few barbs and wrs at the same time with a heiro...and we can stun but thats where our use ends. dragons can make an impact but not much. Even more so with this genie **** out. Only time we do any real damage is if we zerk/crit.

Like the title says, wr (pun :o) underpowered.

But then I suppose, wrs should be looked at as a frontline/support class.

Beg to differ? Do enlighten me.
  • shuzan
    shuzan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If that warrior knew what the **** he was doing, that mage wouldn't have gotten a single sage sparked attack off. They both failed.