Overpowerment in PWI

Options

Comments

• Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Doesn't one of the genie starter skills purge buffs, as well?

I think so. I don't use genies unless for Tree of Protection.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Wiz's Sutra combo's quite hard against barbs(stupid tree of protection) there's always the chance the barbs noticed you before the seal, so if you lack sporific whisper(which 80% of 79+ wiz's do) you can expect to get stunned out of it. If your lucky it might crit and kill him before tree can heal or charm can recharge. Of course this assumes the barbs not brought buddies along, if thats the case, get the hell outta there!
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary
    _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    explain to me how you do this with Solid Shield

Isala is correct there. Longevity's beginning skill has a chance to purge. Another option is Extreme Poison or Elemental Weakness.
    Disclaimer

I hereby absolve myself from all responsibilities from damage incurred, loss of life, and severe mental retardation from trying to read and/or understand my posts. Please do not come to me about these problems or I shall be forced to stab you with a dull wooden spoon. Enjoy your day. =D
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I think so. I don't use genies unless for Tree of Protection.

I looked it up... It's only a 10% chance. It does, however, lower Mag Resist for 30% for 4 seconds. The skill is Eruption Fist, for Longevity.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    extreme poison does not null reduced damage, at all, it amplifies damage done to a target by 20%

so, you deal 1000 damage, 1200 with solid shield, -60% with Solid shield. = 480. your doing less than 1200 damage.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    extreme poison does not null reduced damage, at all, it amplifies damage done to a target by 20%

so, you deal 1000 damage, 1200 with solid shield, -60% with Solid shield. = 480. your doing less than 1200 damage.

Extreme Poison essentially negates 1/3 of the Solid Shell (It is Shell, not Shield). Then if you add in Elemental Weakness, thats a full defensive debuff by 40%.
    Disclaimer

I hereby absolve myself from all responsibilities from damage incurred, loss of life, and severe mental retardation from trying to read and/or understand my posts. Please do not come to me about these problems or I shall be forced to stab you with a dull wooden spoon. Enjoy your day. =D
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    no, solid shield reduces damage taken by 60%, unless theres a genie skill that nullifies solid shield itself, all you can do is increase the damage you do before hand. solid shield works after damage is recieved.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I will not argue the Solid Shell issue any longer. My original point is that no class is overpowered. 75% of a pvp fight, as well as most pve, is based on your choices. If you make stupid choices, then you die and realize that was an idiotic strategy. If you make good choices, you will either survive or put the one who kills you through hell. Granted a 5X has no hope against a 9X, but I have seen countless fights where a 9X is torn down by a 7X.
    Disclaimer

• _Shalimar_ - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Options
    100th post is mine. ^,.,^
    Disclaimer

• PhantomDrake - Sanctuary
    PhantomDrake - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    hmmmm...funny thing...i feel like i'v been here and done this b4b:chuckle
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Yes, I'm reposting here to.

PLAY THE GAME
    whining.jpg

Please, guys. No one is changing their opinion.
    Just have fun. That's what games are suppose to be. FUN!
    Just care about yourself playing the game and don't worry about others.

I've never seen so many people complain on someone else spending real money on pixels. Because...

"In the end it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

The only way it matters if you'll still be playing up to your death bed (No offense to PWI. It is a good game and all). Other than that, it's a waste of money and you'll be glad you didn't waste it because that money could've been towards candyb:dirty

That's my last rant from this thing. Because it's going on like the Creation Vs. Evolution gig.b:byeBye
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    indeed, whats the point in arguing about it. you got PVP server idiots who think theyre the leading authorities on all things PWI, and act as if pve server players have 'never' played on the same server before. *news flash* some have! you can argue about it all you want, theres nothing 'gamebreaking' in PWI, if anything, its saying venomancers need to pay 400$ or 40m just to be equal or better than some classes in the end.s
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    indeed, whats the point in arguing about it. you got PVP server idiots who think theyre the leading authorities on all things PWI, and act as if pve server players have 'never' played on the same server before. *news flash* some have! you can argue about it all you want, theres nothing 'gamebreaking' in PWI, if anything, its saying venomancers need to pay 400$ or 40m just to be equal or better than some classes in the end.s

Please do not bring money into the issue. Agree with everything else u said.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    no one brought money into the issue, a herc/phoenix do literally cost 400$ >_>
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    no one brought money into the issue, a herc/phoenix do literally cost 400$ >_>

Tear's right. It's either $400, or 50 or so million coins... Either way, you have to be a rich **** to get them.
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    They do have an advantage with Hercules and Pheonix, but that could be easily fixed by adding a class specific legendary item for each class,

yes they have that advantage and that "possible" solution is still not implemented so plz let us QQ t'ill they fix it b:victory b:chuckle
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
    Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Wizzies r underpowered though... they may do lots of damage... but i've beaten several of them... if u want a DD go for archer...
    wizards r only there to make every1 else feel better............
    no offense but it's true...
    gotta run... l8 4 school
  • Nayru - Dreamweaver
    Nayru - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    People cry that WB are OP also, due to the massive health of the WB, and the recent changes to a group of WB skills. In my opinion, go ahead and nerf WB. Then watch how many people end up dead when WB can no longer tank. The changes made to WB skills aid in tanking. The 100% accuracy on Mighty Swing is the only skill that is useless in tanking. Ripping Bite, Pounce, and the speed changes to Holy/Hell True Form all keep more people alive. Yes, they can be used in pvp also. But it keeps people alive. Get over it.

lolz ,
    edited June 2009
    Options
    @Dreadmaul, Wiz's aren't exactly a frontline class in PvP/TW, avoid being targeted, wear clothes(or be naked) so you don't highlight yourself and launch nukes from behind your melee fighters.

• Mistimancer - Heavens Tear
    Mistimancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Some friends of mine.. used to do TT ( level 60's TT) with 3 clerics only....

These same friends were going through many contents without any other helps then their team of cleric.....

They did some of Frostland only as their team of cleric also....

For the stuff they couldn't do by themselves.. they were asking their barb friend to go... and sometimes their Veno friend....

But the base of the squad.. was 3 clerics only... with some added class from time to time....

If you know how to play your class and learn and research and use everything you can think of... ok you will die by trying and learning.. but eventually, you'll conquer most of the things :)

I don't say they were able to do everything... but I saw them as a cleric only team.. succeed where I saw many failing with Herc/Barbs and others...

ANyway... all class can do great if they learn and use all the potential ... :)
  • scridon
    scridon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Some friends of mine.. used to do TT ( level 60's TT) with 3 clerics only....

These same friends were going through many contents without any other helps then their team of cleric.....

They did some of Frostland only as their team of cleric also....

For the stuff they couldn't do by themselves.. they were asking their barb friend to go... and sometimes their Veno friend....

But the base of the squad.. was 3 clerics only... with some added class from time to time....

If you know how to play your class and learn and research and use everything you can think of... ok you will die by trying and learning.. but eventually, you'll conquer most of the things :)

I don't say they were able to do everything... but I saw them as a cleric only team.. succeed where I saw many failing with Herc/Barbs and others...

ANyway... all class can do great if they learn and use all the potential ... :)

The only difference being that a Veno/Herc can solo many bosses in TT squad mode. So with a 3 cleric squad they had to split their drops 3 ways, a Veno/Herc, well you get the picture I think....

I know quite a few Veno's who do this and make huge amounts of money. Just takes effort, I am sure its a rather boring task. b:chuckle
    edited June 2009
    Options
    All the veno's I've done TT with say they like to bring a dedicated DD to speed up bosses(and usually a cleric to avoid accidents), but I guess I'm not really that bothered about drops(I usually wind up with mirages unless I've subbed the run).

• mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    WB are not hard to kill if you kill them 1-2 hits.

listen to this guy
  • DMistress - Heavens Tear
    DMistress - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Veno class is not OP by design,
    but just 2 dmg reduction bugs that make them OP.

Bleed - duh
    and
    pets got no 75% damage reduction form skull bosses, a "pet" should not out damage DD classes.

other than that, veno its pretty balanced.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    im sorry, did you say venos do pathetic damage? ive been crit by an 89 veno, +5 80 pataka. for 21k. not pure magic either, LA build.

I'm sorry but this made me ROFL. Sticky I luff yew! ^__^b:dirty My damage isn't pathetic. I mean compared to a Wizzy maybe, but I crit like 35k+ on some mobs. Never watched my damage against people, but I am pretty sure it's not pathetic either. I don't even HAVE a nix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • chipsing1234
    chipsing1234 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Sigh, and I was hoping to read something different this time...but in the end, we have:
    1. People trying to say the races are balanced and you're just a complete newb if you don't have the exact counter to a bugged skill. Oh wait, they're just venos saying that.
    Heads up. I spam cauterize all the time when I get bled in tw. Guess what? Before the skill is done recovering, I get bled again. And guess what further? In heavy armor, bleed immediately ticks my charm. And no, my equips are not ****.
    2. Some random person saying "If you do the right thing, anything can win!" Well tell me the justice of this. A veno clicks "attack" on a nix while targeting wizzy. Nix auto bleeds. The wizzy must: 1. either get away or seal the nix; 2. Cure the bugged bleed that will kill them in seconds with some pot or genie skill; and 3. Somehow manage an offense against the veno before the nix eats them up. And guess what? The veno just had to press a button. Lesson? Venos press a button, other classes go crazy trying to not die. That's justice!
    3. Several people randomly trolling by saying "Moar QQ! You're a newb! Nothing's wrong with anything! Designers planned the game perfectly!"

Acknowledge the facts. Venos get $200 cash shop items, no one else does. Flesh ream dmg is not reduced in PvP, that's the truth. Nixes in turn are ovp with that skill (refer to the "one button" scenario). Venos don't have to be significantly higher to solo bosses in TT: just talked to an 80 veno who could solo 3-1 squad by herself (discounting djinnscream).
    The game is not balanced with nix/herc. Just like any other game with different characters (like SSB series). Just more flagrantly in this game when a bugged, lethal skill + legendary items (pets) are given to only one class.
    In the end, play for fun. But don't deny that this game isn't balanced.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If everyone wants something for $200 in the cash shop to make them overpowered here is my idea.

Take away an archers crits, take away a wizards crazy damage, take away a blademasters stuns, take away a barbs high hp, take away a clerics buffs. Then sell them all back to them for $200 in the cash shop.

People openly admit venos have the lowest spell damage of any class, then complain when they get a pet that counters that! You are a bunch of morons. Learn to freaking play the game properly and maybe you won't die so fast. I kill phoenixes all the time in pvp! Why can't you?! Oh that's right, you just spam the same skills all the time and never bother to learn how to play better. You just want to complain instead of actually think for once, and you wonder why I keep saying you suck at pvp?

(The above ignores the bleed issue since it should have proper pvp damage reduction. FIX IT PLEASE!)
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Osiris - Dreamweaver
    Osiris - Dreamweaver Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    (The above ignores the bleed issue since it should have proper pvp damage reduction. FIX IT PLEASE!)

Why is everyone thinking archers have a high crit rate? We don't!

(The above ignores the archers high crit rate since i'm a pathetic idiot that only sees what he wants to see, filtering everything else by ignorance.)
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lets make something clear:

archers have high crits due to having high dex. it doesn't come with the class. no skill pre 89 gives crits for archers. pure dex archers sacrifice all vitality for this "high crit" (which is really 20% at lvl 90 coming from base stats) then they spend millions compensating for low hp with refines, gems, etc.

barbs sacrifice dex for this high hp, hence their accuracy is low, but low accuracy doesn't come with the class. low accuracy is as a result of putting every spare point into vit. barbs spend millions compensating for low accuracy with gems, +% accuracy equipment

see the ****** analogy?

so no, you don't take away the crit percentages that come with allocating dex then make it a cash shop purchase, that's ****ing ****

that's like taking away the increased mana pool that comes with allocating magic, taking away the melee damage from allocating strength
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    lets make something clear:

archers have high crits due to having high dex. it doesn't come with the class. pure dex archers sacrifice all vitality for this "high crit" (which is really 20% at lvl 90 coming from base stats) archers spend millions compensating for low hp with refines, gems, etc.

barbs sacrifice dex for this high hp, hence their accuracy is low, but low accuracy doesn't come with the class. low accuracy is as a result of putting every spare point into vit. barbs spend millions compensating for low accuracy with gems, +% accuracy equipment

see the ****** analogy?

so no, you don't take away the crit percentages that come with allocating dex then make it a cash shop purchase, that's ****ing ****

that's like taking away the mana pool that comes with allocating magic, taking away the melee damage from allocating strength

Can you tell me what stats to sacrifice in order for me to do as much damage as you do please? By the way, my bank account is not a stat, nor is my time....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.