Archer really sucks..will there be a change?

Options
2»

Comments

• Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    are you kidding? you mean you missed seeing his +7 crappy lvl45 bow?

careful not to fall off your chair laughing :D

no other way to describe it

http://facepalmbook.org/facepalm.jpg
  • U_got_sniped - Lost City
    U_got_sniped - Lost City Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    no other way to describe it

http://facepalmbook.org/facepalm.jpg

the godly amount of QQ made me depressedb:sadb:cry
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I wonder about what he were thinking when he made it +4...
    And even then he went and made it to +6 b:shocked
    Well, I guess its ok if it works.b:surrender

And nice facepalm Devoted.
    I kill things b:victory
  • CrimsonScyth - Lost City
    CrimsonScyth - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I +6'd it for one of the few reasons being I don't intend to level past 69 if I even get to that. But events change. And eh it wasn't a fail if that's what you think :) I only win Kthnx. I also +6'd it also cuz I knew it'd make Tear say something. Kthnx.

you are full of win!!!! ^^

so why did you +7 that crappy lvl45 bow? u didnt plan to level past 50? or to make someone say 'something'
    Archers can NOT really kill barbs or BM's. You're meant to tank those. But I can take on just about any cleric, wizard or BM 10 levels higher or so. If I can get past the BM's stun. I'm one of the few "GOOD" archers I've seen because I utilize EVERY skill I have and if I get beat once I learn from it and change my stratagy so I can just about beat anyone given the time and, well if pvp, Guardian Angels. I'm a archer for that reason, I can think on my feet and I'm a tactical expert :D

b:laugh
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    you are full of win!!!! ^^

so why did you +7 that crappy lvl45 bow? u didnt plan to level past 50? or to make someone say 'something'

b:laugh

No I did the level 45 one for the lulz. It's only a fail if you feel you wasted the cash. I don't hah.
  • U_got_sniped - Lost City
    U_got_sniped - Lost City Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    cromsonscyth-something + wizzyleds-something = FAILED NOOBS

...no offense ofc
  • WindRunnerr - Lost City
    WindRunnerr - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    are you kidding? you mean you missed seeing his +7 crappy lvl45 bow?

careful not to fall off your chair laughing :D

LAWLZ. was that photoshopped? no one could be that dumbb:chuckle
  • zenmall
    zenmall Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Developers of this game should really fix the range distance of archers.
    At max lvled distance for them are now 30m. Without skill upgrade is only at 20m. Compared to wizards and cleric that have attack range of 28m.
    WHAT HAPPEND TO THE SUPERIOR ATTACKRANGE OF ARCHERS!!!!!
    Developers investigate this fault and fix pls.
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    zenmall wrote: »
    Developers of this game should really fix the range distance of archers.
    At max lvled distance for them are now 30m. Without skill upgrade is only at 20m. Compared to wizards and cleric that have attack range of 28m.
    WHAT HAPPEND TO THE SUPERIOR ATTACKRANGE OF ARCHERS!!!!!
    Developers investigate this fault and fix pls.

I can't remember wizards, but clerics have a 26.5m range.
    Archers will have some weapons later that max their range to 31m and 32m.
    But yes, i do agree that archers should have a better range than the other shooter classes. Not that 30 is not enough, but archers are all about distance sometimes, and a cleric with 5m less range than an archer would mean something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zenmall
    zenmall Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Heres the link for skills > http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
    First of all archer in sage mode gets 14m additional on the 20m weapon range which will be 34m in total. While the demon version gives you only 12m extra.
    For the cleric in sage/demon mode will have a range of 28m.
    Wizards will have an attack range of 30m and with their teleport our distance is even smaller.
    Im not even complaining about the attack range of veno.
    Cmon, the range different between these class are way to small.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    the range is very small difference unfortunetally i agree and its not "sage mode" its farmin fb99 last boss wined for a .106% chance to get that book,statistically thats 500-700 hours of farming fb99 oh and 79million worth of wine mats(granted 3k per mat) per person in group, but you can get other books too ofc, stats say its 30-45 hours of farming to get 1 skill book for your class (ignoring sage/demon) at a cost of 5 million in wine mats
  • Prediction - Lost City
    Prediction - Lost City Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    so what you guys are saying is archers suck at pvp at 90+?

b:sad
    FPW > PWI b:victory
  • Caledfwlch - Harshlands
    Caledfwlch - Harshlands Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    no, the player sucks. terran sucks balls in stacraft, but unless you know how to play it, then terran sucks.
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Well there were some points where I thought archers were pretty ****.. in TW that was. then I noticed those ppl i killed in TW all the time were like 60-70 i was like o. today, i fought a buffed BM around level 79-85, he **** me pretty hard, a few 1k+ and i dropped. later i came accros a lvl 88(?) barb.. this was even worse, only got the chance to hit him once, then i dropped to the ground again.

...QQ...

thanks..

i think imo u just suck

when we have the jump on classes(execept wb and some LA nixs)
    u usually winb:victory

u must hav terrible evasion if they hit constantly to kill u that fast
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    no, the player sucks. terran sucks balls in stacraft, but unless you know how to play it, then terran sucks.

I have no idea about what are you talking about but sounds about right, so I agree.

/thumbs up
  • IRNoob - Heavens Tear
    IRNoob - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i think imo u just suck

when we have the jump on classes(execept wb and some LA nixs)
    u usually winb:victory

u must hav terrible evasion if they hit constantly to kill u that fast

and you must suck thinking that archer is all about evasion.
    may aswell buy evasion necklace and belt then. nub.

anyway, archers do suck.. wizard/barb --> way to go
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options

Good thing your name warned us about you! nub.

Go away evil archer hater!
  • IRNoob - Heavens Tear
    IRNoob - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

Go away evil archer hater!

I got a 8x archer, no thanks.
  • Caledfwlch - Harshlands
    Caledfwlch - Harshlands Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I got a 8x archer, no thanks.

no you don't, all you have is a pve toon that can't get kos'ed until you rage and quit!!!
  • Fyreeffect - Dreamweaver
    Fyreeffect - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    it also helps with archers if you have a certain combo for each class you face and really helps to know that tendencies of that person (ex: A veno that likes to stun right off the bat) then you know you can do wings of grace maybe try to time it with the pets attack and venos attack then stun them and depending on armor go from there
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

im just saying evasion helps u not die in 3 hitsb:cute

or r u tellin me even with wb's bloodbath/bms they dont miss not even once?

y dont u stfu and re roll
  • Fleez - Heavens Tear
    Fleez - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Hold the phone.. i thought eveyone siad WIZARDS sux?? Wat the heck?, 1st its wizards and now its archers??, wat next, a barb sux thread?? geez ppl... come on...
    ATTENTION ALL: I would just like you to know....I has fleas.
  • Shikyura - Sanctuary
    Shikyura - Sanctuary Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    well heres my three cents

i dont think that in any game, barbs are supposed to be killed or able to be killed 1v1...if you manage to kill a barb 1v1...either that barb is severely under your level...heavily undergeared...you have extremely rigged/unbalanced/strong gear...that guy is completely stupid

though i do think that the range of archers...and the eva/hit rate is messed up...i have 99% hit rate...yet i can miss 5 times in a row on a one punch (yes it has like a MM of hp left but wont die...gains super evasion)...and then eat like several extra hits...or change and end up wondering why im taking more damage then i should be...

on top of that...mobs i have like 25 or 35% eva on...seems like they never miss...so seems more like the MOB's EVA rate on ME is 25-35%...and their hit rate is like 99%...not the other way around

i kind of think archers need some form of tweaking...in some way...like range...eva/acc gain per dex (how do we gain less then BM's when we are seupposed to be the most agile/accurate class in game?...or is that a BM?)...or speed at least...

i mean...we're supposed to be like 'wind'...but BM's outrun us...untamed have natural run speed increase in beast form...mages teleport..so like...at least 3/6 classes move faster than us (even with our worthless 20% speed buff increase...putting us at 6.0 m/s...and i know demon veno u can achieve roughly around 10 m/s...and barbs have like 7 or 8 in beast form)

i just think its the developer fail...in making it so that archers who are supposed to be the 'fastest' 'most agile' 'most accurate'...are actually...NOT fastest/most agile or most accurate (because you can dodge physical but not magical?)

oh well...i was told/heard that archers were best in killing...but i realized awhile ago (lazy to reroll..just kept going) that barbs...like the best pker...demon/sage perdition with lots of VIT...unless ur that unlucky (as a barb) or that lucky (as another class taking that hit)...

but i dont think that its impossible to kill barbs 1v1...through the circle cycle of

tanks kill assassins kill robes kill tanks

but honestly not speaking up for my class, i do think archers need some tweaking in their gains per stat (esp in accuracy/evasion...how does someone wearing huge clunky armor outmove someone wearing light armor/cloth?...especially if we''re comparing our general stereotype of humans vs elves in stories like LOTR or even almost any other fantasy)

oh well b:thanks for listening

b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • Fleez - Heavens Tear
    Fleez - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    so ..in short ur saying archers sux..?
    ATTENTION ALL: I would just like you to know....I has fleas.
  • WindRunnerr - Lost City
    WindRunnerr - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    first off >90 mages truly start to shine and become one of the best classes

>90 archers diminish somewhat. you wont be able to **** face as easily as before. 'squishy' robes suddenly are packing huge pdef due to shards and refines while you are stuck in arguably the worst armor late game. LA. im not saying we suck however. because we are still the best patk DDs. the class needed to take down eps and mages in tws but you will just notice it isnt as easy as before =)
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    well heres my three cents

i dont think that in any game, barbs are supposed to be killed or able to be killed 1v1...if you manage to kill a barb 1v1...either that barb is severely under your level...heavily undergeared...you have extremely rigged/unbalanced/strong gear...that guy is completely stupid

though i do think that the range of archers...and the eva/hit rate is messed up...i have 99% hit rate...yet i can miss 5 times in a row on a one punch (yes it has like a MM of hp left but wont die...gains super evasion)...and then eat like several extra hits...or change and end up wondering why im taking more damage then i should be...

on top of that...mobs i have like 25 or 35% eva on...seems like they never miss...so seems more like the MOB's EVA rate on ME is 25-35%...and their hit rate is like 99%...not the other way around

i kind of think archers need some form of tweaking...in some way...like range...eva/acc gain per dex (how do we gain less then BM's when we are seupposed to be the most agile/accurate class in game?...or is that a BM?)...or speed at least...

i mean...we're supposed to be like 'wind'...but BM's outrun us...untamed have natural run speed increase in beast form...mages teleport..so like...at least 3/6 classes move faster than us (even with our worthless 20% speed buff increase...putting us at 6.0 m/s...and i know demon veno u can achieve roughly around 10 m/s...and barbs have like 7 or 8 in beast form)

i just think its the developer fail...in making it so that archers who are supposed to be the 'fastest' 'most agile' 'most accurate'...are actually...NOT fastest/most agile or most accurate (because you can dodge physical but not magical?)

oh well...i was told/heard that archers were best in killing...but i realized awhile ago (lazy to reroll..just kept going) that barbs...like the best pker...demon/sage perdition with lots of VIT...unless ur that unlucky (as a barb) or that lucky (as another class taking that hit)...

but i dont think that its impossible to kill barbs 1v1...through the circle cycle of

tanks kill assassins kill robes kill tanks

but honestly not speaking up for my class, i do think archers need some tweaking in their gains per stat (esp in accuracy/evasion...how does someone wearing huge clunky armor outmove someone wearing light armor/cloth?...especially if we''re comparing our general stereotype of humans vs elves in stories like LOTR or even almost any other fantasy)

oh well b:thanks for listening

b:byeb:byeb:bye

Hmm, I think you get something wrong here, but thats just my opinion.
    Most agile class should be Fist BM. They are more assassin like that we are actually, they are mele, they have interrupting skills, slow skills and really good dps. So does they have speed increasing skill and some marrows.
    They seems more assassin than archers are.

We are ranged DD class. We hit from afar, so speed isnt something we are meant to have (not that I dont want it). Well, your other points are probably right, I am not lvl100.
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    No class sucks, its how you prefer to play games which effects what happens in the game, you might of come from a game where the archer/ranger class was completely different to this one so you think this version sucks. I think wizards and archer have the best potential in this game so all you need to do is change the way you play so you feel better within that class or make a new class.