Archer really sucks..will there be a change?

Thc - Harshlands
Thc - Harshlands Posts: 214 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Archer
Well there were some points where I thought archers were pretty ****.. in TW that was. then I noticed those ppl i killed in TW all the time were like 60-70 i was like o. today, i fought a buffed BM around level 79-85, he **** me pretty hard, a few 1k+ and i dropped. later i came accros a lvl 88(?) barb.. this was even worse, only got the chance to hit him once, then i dropped to the ground again.

Then clerics.. i stun, tick their charm, nearly kill and get a slept.
Cleric debuffs>dual sparks>genie amps>wield thunder and im done.

LA wizard sometimes 1 shots me, arcane are pretty easy.
veno with nix can be pretty tough sometimes.. also very easy too.. just depends on everything.

My equips:

Weapon:
Crimsonhorn:Soulsmasher +5

Armor:
-Random hp helmet
-Gold 78 LA chest
-Gold 69 LA legging
-Gold 78 LA bracers
-Random boots
-Phys def necklace and belt on phys classes, magic resistance on magic classes.
-2 & 1% crit rings

My skills:
stun arrow maxed
deadly shot lvl 8
metal atk skills maxed
masteries maxed
plume shell maxed
wings of grace maxed
blazing arrow maxed
evasion buff maxed

Still.. i fail horribly...

anybody know if this would change at like llvl 90 or whenever?
or got any tips for me? cuz i made an archer cuz i thought it was supposed to be the best pvp class.. which obviously wizards and barbs are instead of wiz/barb/ea.

thanks..
Post edited by Thc - Harshlands on

Comments

• Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I had the same thing. When I was on harshlands I told all the cocky archers that 60-77 archers **** everyone. Slowly they get worse or other classes catch up. At 90 it isn't as bad as 8x but it wasn't easy mode like 6x and 7x.
  • Thc - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    so ur saying archer gets better at 9x ?
    may aswell consider rerolling a barb since they are pretty OP lol
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    even at 90 it's hard for a well geared archer. it's a lot easier than 8x, but it's still hard. at 99, however, you have a huge turning point, but you're still considerably weaker than most classes.
  • Thc - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    dunno may aswell go play my lvl 80 veno with nix again then i guess.. thought archers were so strong lawl
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Try following up a stun with relentless courage. This helped me a decent amount in TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Thc - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    Ok sounds like a good idea but this wont work with nixes since i cant use blothcoth in this case.
    btw would that work for LA too or just robes?
  • Unrivaled - Harshlands
    Unrivaled - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My skills:
    stun arrow maxed
    deadly shot lvl 8
    metal atk skills maxed
    masteries maxed
    plume shell maxed
    wings of grace maxed
    blazing arrow maxed
    evasion buff maxed

plume shell is for clerics =/ archers have winged shell

b:laugh just pointing it out
  • Thc - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    well u know what i mean lol b:pleased
    edited June 2009
    For nixes I've tried to kill the nix while tanking the veno. Rather than cauterize I use tree of protection which out heals bleed. Knockback and frost work well on a nix and few venos heal pet in battle. If you're on the ground you can try moving over terrain to glitch the nix. Those things get stuck very easily.

As a disclaimer I'm on a pve server and have limited pvp experience. This is just what I find myself doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Barbarians were recently rebalanced to be stronger than they used to be, specifically against archers. If you see a barbarian, maybe you should run?

But you should not be using solo tactics in TW...
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Barb is not ment to be solo'd although u can up till u hit the gray area around 75-79 ish for barbs at 80 they should have around 10k hp. What tactic were u using against the bm?
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Thc wrote:
    i fought a buffed BM around level 79-85, he **** me pretty hard, a few 1k+ and i dropped

Aim low > Thunder shock > lightning strike > thunderous blast, etc etc

really keeping distance is all you have to do, I have seen archers destroy BMs vice versa.

Try Aim low, few lightning attacks, stunning arrow, lightning attack, kite bit for the Aim low to cooldown and repeat.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    things get better as 89+ demon archer = ow.
    once you get your 3x spark, anything non heavy armor will cease to exist :P
    edited June 2009
    things get better as 89+ demon archer = ow.
    once you get your 3x spark, anything non heavy armor will cease to exist :P

How so? =O!!!
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    you can't kite a barb and hope to kill him. you have to attack him at max distance and hope to god you're strong enough to tank a few of his hits so that he'll die before you do.

it's very, very hard to kill a barb solo. especially after 90. if any class can do it, it's a mage with fury pots. that's the only way i see it happening.
    edited June 2009
    In duels, barbs are easy to kite and kill

in PK, barbs get get dropped easily by squads.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    duels aren't pk. duels aren't anything. stop thinking they matter.

parties aren't always available; and even if they are, that barb has a good chance to get away even if it's an entire party against him.
  • meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    In duels, barbs are easy to kite and kill

in PK, barbs get get dropped easily by squads.

Again, you with the duels. Charms tick in pk, you know, so there's no time to kite.

Second, he's talking about 1v1.
  • U_got_sniped - Lost City
    U_got_sniped - Lost City Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Aim low > Thunder shock > lightning strike > thunderous blast, etc etc

Try Aim low, few lightning attacks, stunning arrow, lightning attack, kite bit for the Aim low to cooldown and repeat.
    just wanted to point out aim low takes 1spark. thundershock takes 25chi. TB have a loooong channeling time. and by etc. you mean repeatb:question or stormrage eagleonb:chuckle.
    the kiting part would work IF the barb didnt have a charm...but if he do then you will have to tick him to dead...-.-'''

meaangirl wrote: »
    Again, you with the duels. Charms tick in pk, you know, so there's no time to kite.

Second, he's talking about 1v1.
    true fighting a charmed barb is the same as killing him 1 and a half time in 10 seconds. like we didnt have enough trouble killing them once...
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well, barbs are meant to be pain in ****, and archers aint really meant to kill them.

But even so at barb forum section you can see some barbs that aint really happy about fighting archer 1v1. Though they say they dont poses a real treat usually, they still can get barb down and really hurts their ****.
    I kill things b:victory
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    personally, if u cant kill the barb after u finsih ur stun>sharpen>aimlow>thunder shock> lightning strike>thunderous blast>thunder shock>lightning strike u should be running.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Angel - Harshlands
    Angel - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    just run from barbs. waste time, waste heiro, and most of the time you lose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]youtube.com/Angelolwut
  • Thc - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    thx about ur opinions, never really thought about using aim low on BMs lol, sounds like a good tactic, even though you will need to start with atleast 2 sparks then.. and for the nix i really dont know what i do know is that once i was fighting a lvl 90 mage on my 80 veno with nix and he tried to kill it.. i didnt even heal the nix and after 10 sec it still had around 60-70% hp.

but ya aimlow>normal>frost arrow>stun>normal>knockback>frost>aimlow might work if they dont heal.. remember nix got **** load of p def aswell ><

but no charm so yeah^^
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Archers can NOT really kill barbs or BM's. You're meant to tank those. But I can take on just about any cleric, wizard or BM 10 levels higher or so. If I can get past the BM's stun. I'm one of the few "GOOD" archers I've seen because I utilize EVERY skill I have and if I get beat once I learn from it and change my stratagy so I can just about beat anyone given the time and, well if pvp, Guardian Angels. I'm a archer for that reason, I can think on my feet and I'm a tactical expert :D
    edited June 2009
    ... I'm one of the few "GOOD" archers I've seen because I utilize EVERY skill I have and if I get beat once I learn from it and change my stratagy so I can just about beat anyone given the time and, well if pvp, Guardian Angels. I'm a archer for that reason, I can think on my feet and I'm a tactical expert :D

So good with your +6 Swiftwind crossbow.... I lol'd when I saw that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009

I +6'd it for one of the few reasons being I don't intend to level past 69 if I even get to that. But events change. And eh it wasn't a fail if that's what you think :) I only win Kthnx. I also +6'd it also cuz I knew it'd make Tear say something. Kthnx.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    meh...theres always that +7 unicorn floating around somewhere on the server...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • tezuka
    tezuka Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Archers are the weakest class in the high levels are stats are underrated as the game or GM"s have put restriction or messed up the count on archer Crit / ACC/ EVAS it is impossible for a 99% hit rate to miss 3-4 times in a row and is impossible for a 50% hit rate on an archer to hit it every time and also impossible for a 30% crit to go 10 hits with no crits and happening alot not just a 1 time occasion
    edited June 2009
    meh...theres always that +7 unicorn floating around somewhere on the server...

You mean Milyen's old bow? It had a perfect + immaculate shard back when you couldnt get those from rebirth and world bosses. When I saw it I was like O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CrimsonScyth - Lost City
    CrimsonScyth - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2009

are you kidding? you mean you missed seeing his +7 crappy lvl45 bow?

careful not to fall off your chair laughing :D