My first thread!!! im new to game O.O

13»

Comments

• FedTehNoob - Lost City
    FedTehNoob - Lost City Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    (w00t for sparking a RunesScape discussion!)

XDDD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _NecroX_ - Dreamweaver
    _NecroX_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    more like run,escape lulz
    ... And afterwards, I get a cookie!
  • Angelictj - Lost City
    Angelictj - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    isala is right...
    all classes have pros and cons...
    just remember... if u dont like dying go barbb:victory

lol I have to disagree with you on that one XD
    my main is a cleric, and I have yet to die once while playing on it.
    Yeah, I know I can heal myself, but i have been in situations where mobs were dealing more damage than I could heal. gets frustrating after a while b:surrender

but yeah anyways...
    in my honest opinion..dont listen to what people say!! lol I know you are and and I nkow that everyone is just trying to help (so no offense guy!!!!), but the best way to find out what class is best for YOU is to just try them all and see which one you like best. lol Thats what I did...hence my main is a Cleric =p

And BTW...welcome to Perfect World!! b:victory
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    No one can do a party wipe out with style like us clerics can ^^

And clerics are fun to play, not to say you are always wanted in groups.
    Further more we do great dmg *note far from best ;p*

But, pick one and see if you like it, if not move on
    b:dirty
  • Celine - Harshlands
    Celine - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    yungr3ck wrote: »
    Sooo im still downloadnig PW and i was wondering is this game better than runescape cause im soo tired of that game -_-

As someone who is a veteran of RS, I have a level 120 , maxed out combat stats except defence and prayer, I have to say that PW is in many ways better then RS. For those of you who have never played RS, the max level is 126. (138 in mems)

Graphics: Obviously since RS is a browser enabled game, the graphics won't be stunning. PW beats RS in the graphic department in every retrospect. Of course, to be fair, RS has decent graphics for being a java game. Kudo's to them.

Community: The PW community is 100 times better then the player community in RS. In RS, just walking around, I overhear two different conversations about how much of a "noob" the other person is. But that's nothing compared to being in a pvp world, duel arena, castle wars, clan wars,bounty hunter etc. I turn public chat off in those area's just so I don't have to watch people call each other stupid names and getting in fights consisting of "you noob" or, "u r a noob" or, "omg i have lvl 71 str i own u nub". The constant asking of "str lvl?" is annoying too. Being a high level, I constantly get followed by lower levels asking for money, or items. A-N-N-O-Y-I-N-G. The PW community is much better. They do have the fair share of fights, namecalling and whatnot, but it's not as bad as RS. The drama in PW can get annoying though.

Gameplay: The gameplay in PW is alot more interactive then the usual point-and-click gameplay that RS has. Just like with almost all MMO's, you will find yourself grinding (in RS, we say "training"). The difference is that in RS, you have a set amount of quests that will always be there. In PW, you get new quests every level, and quests are a good way of helping you reach the next level without as much grinding (except in higher levels, the quest xp is less proportionate to the xp needed until the next level) In RS, grinding is pretty much all there is. However, in RS you can get xp from pretty much anything (save a few quest npc's). Bored from training on hellhounds? Then go to a pvp world, clan wars, duel arena, etc, and get some xp from "pwning nubs".

Other random things:

-Online dating is something that disgusts me, and I am strongly against it. I hate how PW encourages people to date online by allowing people to get "married" to each other, then shouting it to the whole world. As if that's something to be proud of? Your husband is a pixel? In RS, many people date online, but it's something they have to be discreet about considering it is against the rules in RS to ask for an online date. I like the online dating rules in RS, I hate them in PW.

-The management in RS is decent. Many times you will see people saying they reported someone but nothign was done about it, etc. But considering that RS has millions of players, it's no surprise that they can't take action against every single report. Thing is though, they do take action against most, and many times, if you report someone in RS for breaking a rule, that person will get banned/warning etc. They don't play around.
    Now for PW. Many times you will browse around the forums, or while in game, see World chat messages of people complaining that the GM's don't do anything. i'm not sure if it's true or not, but so far, from what people say, they don't do much. But i'm not jumping to conclusions here.

- You pay about 5-7 dollars in RS for membership, but in PW, you can play completely free. The only thing you need money for in the boutique items, and those are completely optional. On top of that, if you don't want to spend real money to buy those boutique items, you can buy zhen from the Auction house. The gold trading is probably one of my favorite things about PW. I love how I don't have to spend a dime to play if I don't want to. One problem with the cash shop items in this game though, is this: They seem to have found many ways to tempt us into buying items from the cash shop. For instance, the level 50 and 80 box from the starting npc's. We don't HAVE to buy the hammer to open them, but it's so tempting.

-In PW, there is a definate lack of skills to use, and like someone posted before me, very expensive to use(can often times cost real money) I was never much of a skiller in RS, but seeing the lack of skills, and the amount of money it costs to raise them in PW, it actually makes me kind of wish I raised my skills more in RS before I started playing PW. Too late though, PW is already growing on me.

-I seriously believe pvp in both games are seriously flawed. In RS, some of the weapons are way overpowered, and needs to be fixed (dragon claws for instance. Unless they fixed those?) In PW you will find level 90's killing level 30's. That seems a tad unfair donchathink? Those who spend alot of money in the cash shop will have an advantage over those who don't. I recommend you play on a pve server if this is not your style. In my opinion, the only game with a perfect pvp system is guild wars.

Both games are good, it just depend son your personal preference. You can go on the forums in RS, or see people comparing RS to other games, most will say that RS is the better game. In PW, most of us will say PW is a better game then any. In WoW, people say WoW is the better game. Well duh, of course you will think it's better then most, or atleast worth your time playing. That's why you're playing it.

LOLL Runescape is a pathetic game compared to this...in that game i got to level 70 in a week, in this ive been playing for 7 weeks and im only 54! but PW is still a much better game overall! =]
    Getting to level 70 in RS is much like getting to say, level 40 in PW. I'm not sure how much xp total is needed to get to level 105 in PW, but in RS, just like with PW and all other MMO's, it get's much harder to level the higher level you get. In RS, to get to level 126 in F2P, you will need roughly 65m combined xp from attack,strength,defense,hp,and prayer. That's ALOT. Considering also that prayer is a very hard skill to train,and hp isn't the fastest either. Then if you want to be a level 138 in P2P, then add another 13m to 65m from the summoning skill, which is also not very easy to train considering summoning charms aren't tradeable.
  • Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
    Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    lol I have to disagree with you on that one XD
    my main is a cleric, and I have yet to die once while playing on it.
    Yeah, I know I can heal myself, but i have been in situations where mobs were dealing more damage than I could heal. gets frustrating after a while b:surrender

but yeah anyways...
    in my honest opinion..dont listen to what people say!! lol I know you are and and I nkow that everyone is just trying to help (so no offense guy!!!!), but the best way to find out what class is best for YOU is to just try them all and see which one you like best. lol Thats what I did...hence my main is a Cleric =p

And BTW...welcome to Perfect World!! b:victory

lol... of course u havent died yet.... nobody dies till lvl 20+
    i died first at lvl 25 cuz i went afk at an agressive mob area....
    i did not know they were agressive... and I had to go pee pronto... >.>
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Sooo im still downloadnig PW and i was wondering is this game better than runescape cause im soo tired of that game -_-

hmmmmmm Runescape??? ahhh, this is a hard one..... darn... I really can't decide..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • h3artbr3ak3r
    h3artbr3ak3r Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    First off, I think in ways Runescape may be better than this game, not many ways, but some. You'll like the graphics and the gameplay but Runescape had so many skills to level and so many quests, and i liked how the quests weren't just based on killing things, and grinding wasn't just grinding.. But the environment on PWi is not one to brag about, many repeated scenes and items, buildings smashed together to make bigger buildings, the hills and mountains look like raised land in a map from FarCry 2 and i've seen better looking maps in FarCry 2. One main thing that may get you, coming from runescape, is the repeating of weapon and armor concepts. Some armor and weapons look alot like other ones, just different colors and maybe a slight change in detail. But all in all it's a good game, better than runescape imo, except in some details which i mentioned. But it's definately worth the download.
    And secondly.... Celine... No one cares what you think, you're too ignorant to actually see the broad side of things that people ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT. Like online dating.. just actually look into it and see how it really is. It's not a huge sack of lustful desire, true love has often come from online relationships, and it's not up to you to decide if they're wrong or not.
    BUT you do offer valid points to the arguement, and you can tell that you yourself have actually expirienced both Runescape and PWi for a decent amount of time and have the right authority to present a certain arguement. Although i still don't think the comment on online dating was called for.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited June 2009

What ISN'T better than Runescape? [rolls eyes]

But to answer your question, definitely yes.
  • Kyyubi - Dreamweaver
    Kyyubi - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Welcome to the game, I myself have only been playing a few weeks and yes......it is much better then runescape. It gets difficult to play when you hit higher lvls, but its still really fun. If you were able to play runescape you should really enjoy this game. b:victory
  • Kraanium - Sanctuary
    Kraanium - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Obviously anyone that plays this game would prefer it to Runescape, thats why they're playing this.

Only bad thing that comes to mind in this is the ******* in WC.
  • maplemover
    maplemover Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I just got done downloading the game, and I am now updating it and about to play. this game looks killer. No offense, its probably the most sexuallly alluring game ive ever played...just look at the homepage. I wanna play this game. Cant wait.