Lack of respect in forums (Think what you May)

HuntresPrime - Lost City
HuntresPrime - Lost City Posts: 298 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
POSTERS BEWARE xD

when i first joined the forums i knew like any others that there would be the occasional bad eggs and flame. . and i was right. but looking at the threads now days i see people i have lost respect for people even for the most trivial matters. its almost like 80% of the people here just dont give a * and just want to up their count as being an *hole.

just wanted to let people out there know. General discussion isnt a safe place to post your thought, questions, or worries. as every thing is prone to flame.

after typing this thread i am waiting for it too to catch flame in this wild fire on the forums. i just hope the Gm's can soon get it under control and the forums can be Some what decent again.

*Stands 50Ft back and watches for flames*
Post edited by HuntresPrime - Lost City on

Comments

• OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I used to have "If you post your opinion on the General Forums, expect someone to post their opinion about it.", or something along those lines in my siggy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    @Huntres: I'm guilty of a bad day or two, but yes there are many repeat offenders. It's not so much the rude answers to debates; they aren't useful but yeah, they are opinionated. But answers to basic questions...yeah, I agree.

@LAZERZ: And now your siggy talks about blue-eyes in defense mode...much better. You and Dark Magic Girl gonna duke it out?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    people do not behave like this in game most of the time. forums = hiding behind a screen where no one can hurt them, so they say what they want, forgetting that your opinion can sometimes equate to being an ****. i myself cannot control what i say or what i type in computer or outside, and i realize i do behave in an animalistic fashion sometimes, for some people, its just that theyre that caustic and acidic in real life too. :|

its plenty safe, its just hard when some players just.. arent too bright. LOL @ TAMED DEVIL XD
  • HuntresPrime - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    i know people have their own opinions and such., im just saying, 30min ago for example. i look at all the threads on 1st page and post if i can find anything useful but to my amazement the top 7 threads where all flames. people calling people * , * and *
    i find that today was the worse case. but on an average bases i find the forums a place to go to get questions answered when there is no one ingame to answer for you xD
    ive seen many a people help out and give good advice. but today.. was just *shock*
    i hope it gets back to being the decent thread it was
    edited June 2009
    @LAZERZ: And now your siggy talks about blue-eyes in defense mode...much better. You and Dark Magic Girl gonna duke it out?

Pssh....I don't even know what it means. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i agree with you totally. there is little respect for anyone IRL, and here and online, where people can hide behind a keyboard and screenname, they feel safe enough to let their true colours show. online, you see many wonderful, selfless people who do all they can to help other people that they may never see IRL. but you also see selfish, egotistical people who have so little to do in their lives than to tear down and destroy the forum thoughts/comments, the ingame work of others. they are unable to be creative themselves, perhaps, and, like satan himself, only is able to enjoy destruction and unhappiness they can cause. what is frightening to me is that, since so many of the players are children (teens) and young adults who are cruel here and in the game, i am very fearful of how this generation is going to be when it matures, and has control of the real world, having had so much practise at cruelty, selfishness, murder, not having learned even the simplest basics of common courtesy, kindness to friend and stranger without expecting any material recompense....without even learning basic good sportsmanship. the children/young adults now playing this game today...what kind of life will they create for the world, lacking these keys to life?

and yes, after posting truth, alll one can expect is that we will be flamed, but i wouldnt expect the mods to do anything...this place has very little by way of real moderation, otherwise there would be no need for this topic.b:sad

POSTERS BEWARE xD

when i first joined the forums i knew like any others that there would be the occasional bad eggs and flame. . and i was right. but looking at the threads now days i see people i have lost respect for people even for the most trivial matters. its almost like 80% of the people here just dont give a * and just want to up their count as being an *hole.

just wanted to let people out there know. General discussion isnt a safe place to post your thought, questions, or worries. as every thing is prone to flame.

after typing this thread i am waiting for it too to catch flame in this wild fire on the forums. i just hope the Gm's can soon get it under control and the forums can be Some what decent again.

*Stands 50Ft back and watches for flames*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • forsaken2134
    forsaken2134 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    flames is how you go,im such a different player in-game than i am on forums. i flame and troll people for asking stupid things, or posting completely wrong opinions. but ingame im usually much more patient and nice Dx
  • Sleekit - Heavens Tear
    Sleekit - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, these horrible meanie jerkfaces are the reason we can't have nice things!

Come on, FoxRunning, we're on the same server, I'll take you flower picking.
    edited June 2009
    i agree with you totally. there is little respect for anyone IRL, and here and online, where people can hide behind a keyboard and screenname, they feel safe enough to let their true colours show. online, you see many wonderful, selfless people who do all they can to help other people that they may never see IRL. but you also see selfish, egotistical people who have so little to do in their lives than to tear down and destroy the forum thoughts/comments, the ingame work of others. they are unable to be creative themselves, perhaps, and, like satan himself, only is able to enjoy destruction and unhappiness they can cause. what is frightening to me is that, since so many of the players are children (teens) and young adults who are cruel here and in the game, i am very fearful of how this generation is going to be when it matures, and has control of the real world, having had so much practise at cruelty, selfishness, murder, not having learned even the simplest basics of common courtesy, kindness to friend and stranger without expecting any material recompense....without even learning basic good sportsmanship. the children/young adults now playing this game today...what kind of life will they create for the world, lacking these keys to life?

and yes, after posting truth, alll one can expect is that we will be flamed, but i wouldnt expect the mods to do anything...this place has very little by way of real moderation, otherwise there would be no need for this topic.b:sad
    sometimes though, people post incredulously stupid things, which makes people say EASY TARGET. its human nature to bring others to misery :|.
  • forsaken2134
    forsaken2134 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    trolling is zriz bzniz
  • Death - Harshlands
    Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    When the majority of players and forum posters are spoiled, illiterate adolescents... what can you really expect?

I'm surprised that the forum isn't actually worse than it is.
  • HuntresPrime - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    flames is how you go,im such a different player in-game than i am on forums. i flame and troll people for asking stupid things, or posting completely wrong opinions. but ingame im usually much more patient and nice Dx

how can opinion be wrong? isnt an opinion just that? an opinion. not a fact.
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I know that whatever I say it's possible that it may get a positive or negative reaction. It also depends on the post/thread. Like last month's caption contest. I thought the one caption that they picked wasn't very funny and others felt the same. Next thing you know other people gave us **** for it! PW asked for funny hilarious captions and they chose one that wasn't even close. There were funnier captions! So I don't agree with their choice and someone decides to give me **** for it. They acted like I was attacking the person who submitted the caption, which was not the case. It was PW's fault. Did you want a funny hilarious caption or a practical functional caption? So pardon me if it comes off as something bad. I'm allowed to have my opinion just like everyone else is. b:bye
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    There are also people who are a bit over sensitive too, and when you disagree with them they fly of the handle at you. I do agree in this forum flaming and trolling is pretty bad although some argue in other games it's a lot worse. I myself have gotten pissed at someone on here but i stated and clear manner why i said what I said and my opinion of that person. Sometimes trolling isn't just being out right mean but also being an idiot and provocing others. MANY times cause we have an international games and english is required on the forums that non English speaking people come on here and start ranting and calling someone stupid without even understanding what they are saying. Lol if don't understand English don't go attacking people. There are people who get put down for crying over something in the forums, must of the time being called a care bear. Lol whatever that means the crying can get annoying only when the same thread about the same subject keeps popping up. Like for a long as time the subject that veno's are overpowered kept coming up. Okay lol we heard you the first time why does this need to carry on for over three months yeesh.

I think the genre that play's this mmo isn't like others you'll find. Life is harsh and they definately don't think anyone else should have it easy because they themselves don't. Pity is very lacking in the forums as also in the rest of the world. The idea of the Golden rule is replaced with I'll say and do whatever i want regardless as long as it's entertaining. Love also that people think that just because it's a game that they don't have to be kind to the other person playing it, as if the other person on the other side of the world is a machine. This genre finds the idea of friendship in a game laughable. So exercise caution.

Lol it's also important to see who is actually flaming and who is actually not. Lol tear is a good guy, most of the time informative once and a while he'll get pissed off and come off to others as uncaring or cruel, but that's understandable. Lol he likes to come off to others like a grumpy bear but his wife plays this game too and she's a sweety which i think is his kryptonite. O.o how the hell do i spell kryptonite lol. So that being said if you are new to the forums understand that there are people who are kids that play this game, and also understanding the genre of mmo's that play it you won't find it so bad. Just read everyone's opinion and state your own. You will find there are people here such as yourself as well. Don't shy away from commenting just because of flaming and trolling. Gm's know who to watch and who not too. Also if you are new to the forum welcome.
  • Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Pssh....I don't even know what it means. b:chuckle

LOL. You = my hero b:dirty (after Deadbone of course)

(sorry for spam...had to be said thoughb:laugh)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    edited June 2009

Sorry, but no, you don't troll, you just flame people and post your opinions which may or may not be as stupid and wrong as those you claim are stupid and wrong.

See how that works? I am posting my opinion about your opinion which is, in turn, nothing more than your opinion about someone else's opinion.

Opinions are like belly buttons: everyone has one, but not everyone wants to see yours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZOMBIENATION - Heavens Tear
    ZOMBIENATION - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i hate all of you <3 b:kiss b:bye b:dirty
  • Fats_mcfatty - Sanctuary
    Fats_mcfatty - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    McDonald's founder Ray Kroc appeared on the 1970's talk show "Mike Douglas" When Mike Douglas asked Ray what he did with all his money he replied that he belonged to a satanic church and donated a lot of his money to it.
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    When the majority of players and forum posters are spoiled, illiterate adolescents... what can you really expect?

I'm surprised that the forum isn't actually worse than it is.

It really isn't the majority. Most of the pointless posts (flames included) on any message boards are done by the people that have the most posts. If you look at the rude posts on thread after thread, you will notice that most of them come from the exact same people. If you see a thread with a title that lets you know that the thread is not worth reading you should just skip the thread. The people with the most posts open these threads knowing in advance that they are going to be posting some sort of needless comment (such as a flame) that will contribute nothing to the thread and will only serve to bump it higher up when ignoring it would allow it to fall off the front page and into obscurity.

I understand the desire to be heard. I almost never read locked threads (unless I am trying to learn something from them) and I do not read message boards that I am not a member of (since I will not be happy if I cannot add my 2 cents because I am not allowed to post), but seriously, if you cannot say anything nice or at least productive, stay out of it. The dumbest threads end up getting the most posts instead of the least because people start flame wars rather than just ignoring the topic altogether.
    edited June 2009
    Respect needs to be earned! Not Granted!
    edited June 2009
    Respect needs to be earned! Not Granted!

That's why no one respects you. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Tear...your admittion about not being able to control your own typing suggests some...Issues... But that aside just remember not to Feed the Phorum Trolls and never try to Debate with anyone less intelligent than yourself. Both these actions will result in nothing but your own suffering and failure. If someone flames you for what you consider to be dumb reasons just do not acknowledge them with any sort of response. They magically go away if ignored as it drains their attention needing life bar to 0 real fast.
    edited June 2009
    That's why no one respects you. b:chuckle
    it flies both ways man, you do join in in calling others things like idiot and dumb **** too :).

its personality disorders hasu, i cant leave them alone!
  • Kalza - Sanctuary
    Kalza - Sanctuary Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hmmm. Who would win in a fight a giant fish or a chicken @_@
  • Eriestrength - Sanctuary
    Eriestrength - Sanctuary Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hmmm. Who would win in a fight a giant fish or a chicken @_@

the chicken ofc.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    the chicken ofc.

The fish <.<
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You're both wrong! Awesome-Sauce-Face wins every time!

ಥ_ಥ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You're both wrong! Awesome-Sauce-Face wins every time!

ಥ_ಥ

^_______^
    {= > . < =} You're in love with that face aren't you?
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ಥ_ಥ gone to the sauce side too
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • _Sharess_ - Heavens Tear
    _Sharess_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Forums: Place to argue, prove you're right regardless of your ignorance, and flex ypur epeen (or d-cups, as the case may be.)

Game: Place to have fun, meet people, set aside differances to accomplosh a goal. Epeens and cup size visible, so no need to flaunt.

Forums are the nessecary evil that goes along wih all games. But it is funny sometimes.b:chuckle

My character has D-cups, but that's just to compensate for the a-cup man ****.

Weeee, tmi again?