Lack of respect in forums (Think what you May)

2»

Comments

• OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    it flies both ways man, you do join in in calling others things like idiot and dumb **** too :)

I also don't run around claiming to be something I'm not like you do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The majority of flamers are probably just badly brought up little kids or people in their early teens with no manners whatsoever who use the internet to be total asses because they can't get away with it in real life (due to the fact they'd be beaten to bits). Most of the huge flaming contests are just e-peen battles between these kids for what they believe is "respect".

I don't think half the flamers actually realize they're talking to real people. The reason people are polite ingame is because they'd most likely get pk'd or listed all over WC or end up with an entire guild after them, or be booted from their own guild. Consequences, same as in real life. Less consequences on the forums so they take it there. Kinda cowardly to say the least.

As for flaming idiots being ok, it's not. Basically it just puts you on their level, and you look just as much an idiot. I mean, who do you think looks more intelligent? The person who completely ignores the idiotic responses and posts an intelligent opinion on the subject matter, or the person who quotes the idiotic response with the reply "moar QQ gtfo the forums n00b!!1".

Thankfully, the forums provide a rather accurate list of who to never trust and avoid at all costs ingame. ^_^
  • Kalza - Sanctuary
    Kalza - Sanctuary Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ಥ_ಥ gone to the sauce side too

what are some benefits of the sauce side ಥ_ಥ
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Side effects of using ಥ_ಥ may include, but are not limited to:

Overinflated ego
    Unwarrented Self-Importance
    Emo-ness
    Lower Back Pain
    Headaches
    Nausea
    Explosive Diarrhea
    Implosive Diarrhea
    Hissy Fits
    Higher Taxes
    Ingrown Toenails
    and, of course...
    MOAR ಥ_ಥ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I like to play with fire.

Shutup

Yes, even I flame sometimes. Not so much stupid questions, but more opinionated. Think of it as cheap entertainment b:mischievous
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Has anyone else noticed that there is a lack of respect and courtesy in game?

People won't hesitate to **** over the next guy. Not many people support their fellow squad members. There aren't even that many people who say "please" and "thank you" like they mean it.

The forums are the last place to expect anything more. In fact, most of my forum experiences have been bad ones where every other post and thread are filled with insults and obscenities.

It seems that the internet, and not to mention these very forums, has become a place where bad behavior is rewarded and good behavior is ignored or even looked down.

Personally, I would like the staff to encourage respect and manners in game and on the forums while simultaneously discouraging or even reprimanding people for poor behavior but...the staff are not anybody's parents (which leads me to ask, just how many parents do know how to use the internet? the fact that there aren't many parents online may answer the question as to why people act the way they do.) and they don't have the time for all of that.

At this point, I guess all you can do about the flaming is just ignore it and continue being a respectful user. Hopefully, somebody will come along and tell some of those people to grow up.
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!
  • kosake666
    kosake666 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It's all about knowing how to soak in the good info that people give you, and ignore the flamers and idiots. Yes a vast majority of people enjoy flaming, some of us have our bad days, and now and then, someone takes a post personally and gets overly defensive about it. Breathe. Let go of the flamers, watch everyone else with a brain ignore them, and make friends in those smart enough to refuse the flamers the attention that they are seeking.