So how did you kill kun kun?

Comments

• Altheora - Heavens Tear
    Altheora - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ...Read through this thread, got worried, sent my pet on him.

Kun Kun = venison in two hits. lol
  • Carvela - Heavens Tear
    Carvela - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Back when I was a nub wiz, I kept hitting Kun Kun with my spells, paying no attention to the endless resists that were coming up. My mana was soon depleted and I wondered if Kun Kun could be killed. I watched some veno with her pet kill it in one hit and I was in awe and got annoyed. b:angry

Then I soon figured that it took physical attacks to kill it. >_> After a long time running around hitting Kun Kun with my stick (And getting poisoned by nearby mobs b:sad), I finally finished that quest.

I should have been a veno. Perhaps that's why these venos are posting in this wizard-oriented thread. b:cry
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I typically play squadded with my husband's Blademaster. We spotted Kun Kun before we'd gotten the quest for him, and he wanted to attack it for fun. So we went in after him, and RESIST kept popping up. I figured out quickly that RESIST paired with that evil list of his Defenses meant I couldn't touch him with my mage spells. So I sat back and watched my husband melee him to death with his BM.

A minute later we cycled 'round the NPCs and found out we had to retrieve the blasted Defense shoes from the beast. I went in with my wand and smacked Kun Kun to death. It took a while. He went for the hill first, and huddled there with an aggro mob. I had to wait for him to reset, and was pleased to see that his health didn't go back up. I came at him from the hill-side that time, and he gradually ran all the way back the NPC he'd stolen the shoes from! I killed him at the NPCs feet in ironic revenge :)

Not sure how long it took me but my husband got a great laugh out of it XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I poke it to death with my wand ... lol...
    that sounds a little 18+... :)

this thread however gave me an idea: Blade tempest. Does half of dmg in phys, will it work?
    Dunno if the plume shot works on it ... but if it does the Tempest should do the same thing.
    So ...the damn reward is just a scroll, wait until 59 and 1 shot the **** with a tempest. :)

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I don't think you'd be able to wait until 59 to do the quest. Quests tend to expire when you go 10+ levels past the level when you first got them.

But it's an interesting idea... might work. Someone who has BT can always stalk him down and try it out for fun. And vengeance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • Anemone - Harshlands
    Anemone - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Rofl, I forgot I even made this thread. Way to necro it, guys. xD It's from 2008, you sillies.

And yes, Blade Tempest does work on it. However it's impractical due to you usually not getting credit for killing him while in a squad, and Lareish is right about quests expiring. It won't become unavailable if you have it in your quest list already, but most people wind up clearing some of the uncompleted lowbie quests due to the space restriction. :P

Plume shot works as well, which is why I originally made this thread for wizards...every other class has an alternative to killing it quickly.
    Formerly /Haiku/ of Lost City.
    Still cognitive atrophy at its finest.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Just whack the thing with a nearby BM/Barb.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Had blademaster BF clear the aggro mobs around it while I ran up and started smacking it with my glaive...chased it up the hill....lost aggro....waited.....started hitting it again...

It finally died 20 minutes later. Unfortunately, I had it KS'ed from me twice by a 60+ barb who wanted to be a jerk.

My BF was amused.

Oh, and to answer the question about what happens when in squad with someone...you don't get the kill. Found that out the hard way the first time.
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
    edited June 2009
    I think my method involved lots and lots of poison....on me.

• Asano - Lost City
    Asano - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Took 20 minutes and a death to get the herding tactic down, then whacked him to death on the side of the hill away from the mobs....When I hit 59, Kun Kun became my first victim to blade tempest, about 10 minutes after I completed my FB. b:victory
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Quests tend to expire when you go 10+ levels past the level when you first got them.
    Well, kind of. I think you can no longer get the quest if you're 10+ levels higher. But if you already have the quest, it stays there until you complete it.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    czajan wrote: »
    i poked it to death with my wand LOL

died 3 times ^____^

ROFLMAO.... (mesage too short...)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    i had to chase him all around the silver pool with a bow that did 1-2 dmg^^b:chuckle

LOL....(i should have read the wizzy forum soner^.^)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009

this thread however gave me an idea: Blade tempest. Does half of dmg in phys, will it work?
    Dunno if the plume shot works on it ... but if it does the Tempest should do the same thing.
    So ...the damn reward is just a scroll, wait until 59 and 1 shot the **** with a tempest. :)

plum shot works on it its physical dmg... and all other atack spells clerics have are metal dmg (exept razor feathers)

no sory tempest does NOT work on it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esteban - Harshlands
    Esteban - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Oh my God kun kun! The horrible memories!
  • Anemone - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    plum shot works on it its physical dmg... and all other atack spells clerics have are metal dmg (exept razor feathers)

no sory tempest does NOT work on it

The person was talking about the wizard skill 'Blade Tempest', not the cleric skill 'Tempest'. Tempest is 100% metal, while BT is half fire half physical.

The person was comparing Plume Shot with Blade Tempest because they are both spells with physical damage properties. Why would a cleric have to wait until 59 to deal skill damage to kun kun when their initial skill is Plume Shot? Common sense, man. xD
  • opm49602
    opm49602 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    hmmm i didn't find kun kun too hard, i just killed a few mobs so i could force him towards the water without getting agroed then just slapped him around with my wand till he died lol
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I killed it with my wand.

At first I felt a bit insulted by this quest. But now I think about this quest more as a warning than an insult. Or maybe both. An insult being a warning at the same time.

It's a very important quest. It's a metaphor for the wizard's life at least up to his 70's. Sure, maybe in a bit exaggerated style, but that's what it is. If You are a wizard, You have two options to do almost anything in the game, just like in this quest. You can either look for help or you can do it yourself, but it will be a long, tedious and boring struggle. And there is absolutely no way You can help others in any noticeable way. In cases You don't have two options like in this quest, so the metaphor doesn't apply, You just need help. And if You feel insulted by this quest rest assured you will get insulted more. Be warned. :)
  • Reico_matrix - Dreamweaver
    Reico_matrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I attacked it and forced it to run to the lake, where I pinned it and it couldn't run away. Died three times before that, though.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    The person was talking about the wizard skill 'Blade Tempest', not the cleric skill 'Tempest'. Tempest is 100% metal, while BT is half fire half physical.

The person was comparing Plume Shot with Blade Tempest because they are both spells with physical damage properties. Why would a cleric have to wait until 59 to deal skill damage to kun kun when their initial skill is Plume Shot? Common sense, man. xD

lol the person didnt say blade tempest it said tempest which is a cleric skillb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anemone - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    lol the person didnt say blade tempest it said tempest which is a cleric skillb:cute

Wrong. :D

She's a mage and she starts off talking about BT. Lots of people shorten it by saying Tempest in the mage forum because aside from Forp, not a lot of EPs post in it.

Why would they go from talking about BT and physical damage skills like Plume Shot, magically to a magic-only EP skill? And again, why would an EP have to wait until 59 to deal skill damage to kun kun when their initial skill is Plume Shot?

Whar is your common sense sir~!
  • tchai123
    tchai123 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It took me a while... it was really an annoying quest, and i was really angry to see other classes kill him so easily... but anyways... I thought about a very good but difficult solution: A bow and arrows... i went back to eatherblade and bought the basic bow and arrows... I shot Kun Kun from the hills to drive him to the empty road by the lake and kept hitting him with the arrows until he died.

I died 4 times LOL
  • Ithila - Sanctuary
    Ithila - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    run after him, while some cleric was healing me :D
    Inferno Marshal
  • myssa311
    myssa311 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ran right in, hit em with my wand and chased him around the lake till he died.... didn't die though... but it cracked me up watching me chase it around b:laugh
  • Jonno - Dreamweaver
    Jonno - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I whacked with me Wizards sword, leading it into silver pool and I was around 2/3's of the way killing it and some random BM finished it offb:laugh
  • Bows_Spirit - Lost City
    Bows_Spirit - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    get a high lvl friend to eliminate all the mobs around kunkun, thats what i did for alot of wiz and clerics that needed kunkun :)
  • Gregen - Lost City
    Gregen - Lost City Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    What the hell is the point of this quest? Seriously. The first time I got this quest I was like "Wtf? It can't take magic damage and you can't squad? This must be some kind of joke." Now I read people saying you just hit it for ten minutes until it dies because all it does is run away. Well still, what the hell. Why can't it just not be level 100, not have magic immunity and fight back. It seems so pointless.

Whatever, I'm going to equip a bow now and kill this stupid thing. I'm sick of seeing it in my quest log.
    edited June 2009
    Gets you a makeover scroll, nice pots and (at lv.30) a decent chunk of exp.

• Phsyco - Lost City
    Phsyco - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    What the hell is the point of this quest? Seriously. The first time I got this quest I was like "Wtf? It can't take magic damage and you can't squad? This must be some kind of joke." Now I read people saying you just hit it for ten minutes until it dies because all it does is run away. Well still, what the hell. Why can't it just not be level 100, not have magic immunity and fight back. It seems so pointless.

Whatever, I'm going to equip a bow now and kill this stupid thing. I'm sick of seeing it in my quest log.

Lv 70 and still not killed kunkun?? LOL
  • Gregen - Lost City
    Gregen - Lost City Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Lv 70 and still not killed kunkun?? LOL

...Whats so funny about that? I trashed that thing a long time ago. It's not like I had the knowledge that this thing didn't fight back. I just happen to be browsing the forums when I saw this.
This discussion has been closed.